ADVERTISEMENT

UF Softball Gets Screwed by NCAA AGAIN!!

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
We're the #1 seed with a fairly easy Regional (FAMU, FIU & Ok St.), but the Super Regional matchup has them playing either Alabama or Minnesota. Minnesota finished 54-3, won the Big 10 regular season & tournament championship and has been ranked in the Top 5 the last 6-8 weeks. The latest RPI ranking has Minnesota at 12 & Alabama at 14, the coaches poll has Minnesota at 2 & Bama at 15. The ESPN/USA Softball poll has Minnesota at 3 & Bama at 16. Yet the NCAA didn't give Minnesota a Top 16 seed, plus put them in Florida's bracket and in Alabama's Regional. And then, if we get to the CWS our 1st game will be against probably either Texas A&M or Tennessee, seeded 8th & 9th. Win that game and we are bracketed to play FSU next. This is totally ludicrous to me. Seems they should treat the #1 seed better than that, especially considering the paths of some lower seeds.

Its part of getting the #1 seed and being UF, you get screwed by the NCAA.

A couple of years ago Florida had a pretty darn tough bracket with Oregon and look what happened with that game, Florida took them to them out back to the shed.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr
Not whining, but just look at the brackets and you can see that several of the Top 8 seeds have easier paths than UF. On top of that they put Ok. St. in our Regional. For those who don't know, the Cowboys are coached by Kenny Gajewski, former long time Gator assistant and one of Tim Walton's best friends. Just another jab from the NCAA. I agree that "if you want to be the best you've got to beat the best" (Ric Flair - Whooooooo!), but being seeded #1 should come with a couple of perks.

The SEC put in 13 teams. That means that each quadrant has at least three SEC teams and one has four.

Nature of playing in a great conference
6 of the 8 seeded teams on our side of the bracket are from the SEC. Only FSU & UCLA are not and we've already played both of them, going 1-1 vs. FSU and beating UCLA in California early in the season. On the other side, only Auburn & Kentucky are seeded from the SEC. I would just like to see us playing as many non-SEC teams as possible, just for variety in the competition. I know we've not played Bama, LSU & TAM the year, but still why not put Utah, Baylor, Oklahoma or Washington in our bracket? Even it up with the match-ups.

Not whining, but just look at the brackets and you can see that several of the Top 8 seeds have easier paths than UF. On top of that they put Ok. St. in our Regional. For those who don't know, the Cowboys are coached by Kenny Gajewski, former long time Gator assistant and one of Tim Walton's best friends. Just another jab from the NCAA. I agree that "if you want to be the best you've got to beat the best" (Ric Flair - Whooooooo!), but being seeded #1 should come with a couple of perks.

Every fan base thinks its some grand conspiracy against their team. This post has fsu written all over it. Quit whining and win

how many years of examples do we need in any sport to realize we are not bama or the baggers, no matter how dominant we are in everything we have to earn everything double...

Every fan base thinks its some grand conspiracy against their team. This post has fsu written all over it. Quit whining and win
Didn't say anything about a conspiracy. And it's not a whine. And what does it mean that the post has FSU written all over it? What does that mean? I'm simply pointing out the gross injustice the NCAA did to Minnesota, first of all. And then put them in Bama's regional so that UF will have to play one of them to get to the CWS. That's a tougher matchup than other lower seeds. I don't think anyone can argue with that. Mainly I would like to see UF, for once, be allowed to play more teams outside the SEC in the post season.

Call it whining if you want but we did not get a fair bracket for a #1 seed, there is supposed to be some perks that go with that. I think we'll sweep our regional easily, and I expect Bama to beat Minnesota and we'll play them in the super regional. Even though they're in the SEC we didn't play them this year, so it should be a challenging matchup they have two very good pitchers. Thankfully, this is a double elimination tournament and we're going to be tough to beat because of our pitching

Call it whining if you want but we did not get a fair bracket for a #1 seed, there is supposed to be some perks that go with that. I think we'll sweep our regional easily, and I expect Bama to beat Minnesota and we'll play them in the super regional. Even though they're in the SEC we didn't play them this year, so it should be a challenging matchup they have two very good pitchers. Thankfully, this is a double elimination tournament and we're going to be tough to beat because of our pitching

It is 100% whining. If u have the best team, u will win. Every team feels the way u do

Didn't say anything about a conspiracy. And it's not a whine. And what does it mean that the post has FSU written all over it? What does that mean? I'm simply pointing out the gross injustice the NCAA did to Minnesota, first of all. And then put them in Bama's regional so that UF will have to play one of them to get to the CWS. That's a tougher matchup than other lower seeds. I don't think anyone can argue with that. Mainly I would like to see UF, for once, be allowed to play more teams outside the SEC in the post season.

When i say it has fsu written all over it, i mean u sound like an fsu fan. You guys have a great team. Just enjoy it.

When i say it has fsu written all over it, i mean u sound like an fsu fan. You guys have a great team. Just enjoy it.
I'm about as far away from being an FSU fan as a person could possibly be. I never pull for them to win any game in any sport. There are several teams who are good enough to win the NCAA softball title this year and FSU is one of them. But when the committee seeds you #1, that is supposed to mean an easier path to the finals. That has never happened with the Gators when they are a #1 seed and it's not even a debatable issue this year. That's all I'm pointing out. I love all Gator athletic programs and follow them all. I am especially proud of the softball program that has been built here and I just get sick of them getting the shaft every year when the brackets are released. Doesn't mean that can't win it all and maybe they will. If they do it will be even sweeter because of the extra hurdles placed in their path.

i'd love to see what they would have done if they caught us cheating like they did bama the other day by auburn, painting their pitching line out further because it benefits a certain starter going that day... what a bunch of frauds everything about that place and what goes into their cheating, at everything...This all after the fact that she was called for a few illegal pitches before that in another game, so the bama logic, oh hey well we'll take good care of that, easy... wink wink

Reactions: Dannygator1989
I'm about as far away from being an FSU fan as a person could possibly be. I never pull for them to win any game in any sport. There are several teams who are good enough to win the NCAA softball title this year and FSU is one of them. But when the committee seeds you #1, that is supposed to mean an easier path to the finals. That has never happened with the Gators when they are a #1 seed and it's not even a debatable issue this year. That's all I'm pointing out. I love all Gator athletic programs and follow them all. I am especially proud of the softball program that has been built here and I just get sick of them getting the shaft every year when the brackets are released. Doesn't mean that can't win it all and maybe they will. If they do it will be even sweeter because of the extra hurdles placed in their path.

You are whining like one is what i was saying. Claiming grand conspiracy and that the ncaa is out to get u

Reactions: brsooner
i'd love to see what they would have done if they caught us cheating like they did bama the other day by auburn, painting their pitching line out further because it benefits a certain starter going that day... what a bunch of frauds everything about that place and what goes into their cheating, at everything...This all after the fact that she was called for a few illegal pitches before that in another game, so the bama logic, oh hey well we'll take good care of that, easy... wink wink

Says the guy who supoosedly played at bama lol

Oregon is always good, but this year Arizona scare me more. They hit up & down the lineup, plus their top 2 pitchers are lefties and quality lefties give our Gator lineup fits.

Once. I feel bad for people who live there
The western and northern parts of the lower Michigan peninsula are beautiful, especially the Lake Michigan shoreline towns. Traverse City is nice, too. And the Upper Peninsula is amazing. Lake Superior looks like an ocean and the geography in the UP is incredible. I highly recommend the Munising area. When I used to think of Michigan I thought Detroit, Flint, East Lansing, Ann Arbor. But there is so much more to the state than that.

The western and northern parts of the lower Michigan peninsula are beautiful, especially the Lake Michigan shoreline towns. Traverse City is nice, too. And the Upper Peninsula is amazing. Lake Superior looks like an ocean and the geography in the UP is incredible. I highly recommend the Munising area. When I used to think of Michigan I thought Detroit, Flint, East Lansing, Ann Arbor. But there is so much more to the state than that.

Its just too cold. I have lived in florida and texas

Here's where the Cred begins and ends on this GATOR SOFTBALL thread.

UF 9 - 0 FAMU - Shutout, no hitter by Gourley (8 SO, 1 BB)

UF 2 - 0 Okla St. - Shutout, 1 hitter by Barnhill (15 SO, 2 BB, 1 HBP)

Bama beat Minnestoa 1-0 in 9 innings, so barring a Gopher run of 3 straight it looks like we'll face Bama in the Supers (assuming we win a game tomorrow).

I have the most credibility. Sorry 4 ur loss. Quit whimpering.
You have no credibility anywhere, including in your own house. You're an FSU wannabe who didn't get in and now you passively aggressively stalk them on every one of their rivals' boards. You are a weak minded life-loser who still relies on mommy and daddy to pay his bills.

It's called IP addresses. We know who you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT