ADVERTISEMENT

UF - SC game predictions and notes...

Weather likely to play a factor, running game will be big and usc has the upper hand there. Still think UF pulls the win, just don’t think it’s a scoring fest, 24-17 UF.

I see a lot of confidence from Florida fans and I don’t blame you. However y’all struggled against Miami and Kentucky. Kentucky, we completely dominated in every aspect of the game. Forecast are calling for heavy rain. South Carolina’s running game I believe is much better than Florida’s. Many think we will come out flat but the team knows our coaches job is still on the line. They said so after the Ga game. We had one player who refused to leave the game. Florida may very well win but if think it’s going to be a cake walk you are out of your mind.

I see a lot of confidence from Florida fans and I don’t blame you. However y’all struggled against Miami and Kentucky. Kentucky, we completely dominated in every aspect of the game. Forecast are calling for heavy rain. South Carolina’s running game I believe is much better than Florida’s. Many think we will come out flat but the team knows our coaches job is still on the line. They said so after the Ga game. We had one player who refused to leave the game. Florida may very well win but if think it’s going to be a cake walk you are out of your mind.

Be careful about transitive properties in FB. Every game is its own game. Teams match up with each other differently, teams improve at different rates as the season progresses, injuries play a role (we lost our QB midway through the UK game, you now have an injured QB).
And rain favors the passing team as much or more than it does the running team.

Coming off a loss and them a big upset you would think we probably win this handily but I just have a feeling they are really going to be up for this game also.

Florida 26 OT
S Carolina 23

With a 100% chance of rain predicted, I have no idea on the score.

W-a-G / Wish is UF 35 - 21 SCa, but I'd be happy with a 10-7 win.

Last edited:
With a 100% chance of rain predicted, I have no idea on the score.

W-a-G / Wish is UF 35 - 21 SCa, but I'd be happy with a 10-7 win.
It is going to be windy, rainy and hovering around 60-65 degrees during the game. That will dampen the fan turnout, I am sure. The field drains very well so that shouldn't be an issue.

It is going to be windy, rainy and hovering around 60-65 degrees during the game. That will dampen the fan turnout, I am sure. The field drains very well so that shouldn't be an issue.

In bad (wet / windy) weather, the running game usually works better.
Therefore, advantage SCa is seems to me.
But Mullen adjust well to conditions, so hopefully not so much... :cool:

Kentucky and Miami were weeks ago. We've improved since then. Hell yall lost to UNC.

Reactions: PacoGator19
W-a-G / Wish is UF 35 - 21 SCa (-14), but I'd be happy with a 10-7 win.

In bad (wet / windy) weather, the running game usually works better.
Therefore, advantage SCa is seems to me.

But Mullen adjust well to conditions, so hopefully not so much... :cool:

UF 38 - 27 SCA (-11)

mail

And Kyle threw for 3 TD's in the 4th Qtr.
mail

:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

UF 38 - 27 SCA (-11)
mail

And Kyle threw for 3 TD's in the 4th Qtr.
mail

:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D
And the officials were damn sure they were going to protect the gators. National pundits are talking about your gift. I was watching with 2 gators and hell, they even apologized. Don’t boast when you were lucky. You have a very good team but I would guess you didn’t play a lot of sports. Because had you, you would know what a false start is. You would know that holding a defender for 40 yards is illegal. That there were two pick plays for tds. And the worst call of the day was when Trask completed the 4th down pass our lineman that hit him a tenth of a second late was TACKLED. Oh btw, that’s HOLDING!!! So be grateful that as a charter member of SEC, you were gifted a ticket to Jacksonville with only one loss.

I watched the game cheering on South Carolina. It’s pretty ridiculous the pundits aren’t talking about the first half officiating blunders all in favor of the Gamecocks. Pass interferences not called and an obvious off sides on a key third down play forcing Florida to punt. Ball spotting the refs were doing against UF was pretty egregious too. The difference in the game was Florida was more talented and better coached to take advantage of the second half officiating that went their way. I heard on college football live or one of the highlight shows that the head of officials at the SEC admitted they need to do better. That whole first half needs as much of a microscope as the second half.

And the officials were damn sure they were going to protect the gators. National pundits are talking about your gift. I was watching with 2 gators and hell, they even apologized. Don’t boast when you were lucky. You have a very good team but I would guess you didn’t play a lot of sports. Because had you, you would know what a false start is. You would know that holding a defender for 40 yards is illegal. That there were two pick plays for tds. And the worst call of the day was when Trask completed the 4th down pass our lineman that hit him a tenth of a second late was TACKLED. Oh btw, that’s HOLDING!!! So be grateful that as a charter member of SEC, you were gifted a ticket to Jacksonville with only one loss.
Bad calls went both ways all game long. With that being said the better team won. Good luck with Muschamp.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

I noticed that ole coach BOOM never complained during the 1st half when the refs were constantly boning the Gators... :rolleyes:

1st Qtr:
5:27, Copeland makes catch, #24 kicks the ball after the play, NO CALL
1:18 #24 holding and riding Pitts back, no catch and NO CALL.
Commentators -- THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED!
0:35 On long SCa run, #76 was holding #88 DT Shuler, NO CALL
And that's just in the 1st Qtr.

There were also at least 2 Face Masks on SCa in the game that were NO CALLS.

I agree that the refs are incompetent, but at least in that game, they sucked in both directions, Dan just didn't scream and cry to the refs on the bad calls or no calls on UF. o_O

Unlike last week when there were ZERO holding calls on LSU for the entire game. :mad:

Last edited:
Officiating in the SEC is bad, but it was horrible in the Gator/Gamecock game. There were numerous no calls that hurt both teams and benefited both teams. The difference to me was that the Gators kept grinding while the Gamecocks kept whining. Mullen, I'm, sure verbalized his displeasure to the refs, but he did so with class and kept his team focused on the game. Muschamp did what he does - he threw a tantrum and then lost his composure on national TV, drawing an unsportsmanlike penalty and embarrassing himself and his team. Glad Mullen is in Gainesville and Will is in Columbia.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I watched the game cheering on South Carolina. It’s pretty ridiculous the pundits aren’t talking about the first half officiating blunders all in favor of the Gamecocks. Pass interferences not called and an obvious off sides on a key third down play forcing Florida to punt. Ball spotting the refs were doing against UF was pretty egregious too. The difference in the game was Florida was more talented and better coached to take advantage of the second half officiating that went their way. I heard on college football live or one of the highlight shows that the head of officials at the SEC admitted they need to do better. That whole first half needs as much of a microscope as the second half.

My thoughts as well. I thought I was going to have an aneurism in the first half with the officiating. I still love that they lost their minds about the "pick play" Florida did for a TD but the very next drive , USCe did the exact same thing for a TD and literally nobody said a word about it.

Why?

Because neither were legitimate penalties.

Greg McElroy sure cant help himself though.

Better team won. We beat your ass even if the refs call every play correctly. Of course, it goes without saying that would mean all the shit calls in your favor would also have gotten called correctly. But hey, let's not talk about those, it would ruin your self-delusion that you belonged on the same field as us.

Better team won. We beat your ass even if the refs call every play correctly. Of course, it goes without saying that would mean all the shit calls in your favor would also have gotten called correctly. But hey, let's not talk about those, it would ruin your self-delusion that you belonged on the same field as us.
You’re delusional pal. Barely beat a 3-3 team. And everyone in the nation is laughing at how much help you needed to preserve the game in Jacksonville. You’re too stupid to fugue it out. Too much money to let you lose. And bc we were beating you the refs HAD to takeover.

I noticed that ole coach BOOM never complained during the 1st half when the refs were constantly boning the Gators... :rolleyes:

1st Qtr:
5:27, Copeland makes catch, #24 kicks the ball after the play, NO CALL
1:18 #24 holding and riding Pitts back, no catch and NO CALL.
Commentators -- THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED!
0:35 On long SCa run, #76 was holding #88 DT Shuler, NO CALL
And that's just in the 1st Qtr.

There were also at least 2 Face Masks on SCa in the game that were NO CALLS.

I agree that the refs are incompetent, but at least in that game, they sucked in both directions, Dan just didn't scream and cry to the refs on the bad calls or no calls on UF. o_O

Unlike last week when there were ZERO holding calls on LSU for the entire game. :mad:
Mullen was crying the entire game

You’re delusional pal. Barely beat a 3-3 team. And everyone in the nation is laughing at how much help you needed to preserve the game in Jacksonville. You’re too stupid to fugue it out. Too much money to let you lose. And bc we were beating you the refs HAD to takeover.

Wow. You're dumber than the Dawgs. I didn't think that was possible.

Everything was in your favor this game, including the weather, and the RIDICULOUS calls in your favor in the first half. When you stopped getting everything called your way, we ran away and HID from you. We outscored you 38-13 in the middle of the game before we let you have the prevent defense TD at the end. if we played 100 times, you might win one. MAYBE.

Now fukk off.

Everyone in the nation is laughing at us?

Google it and see just how much buzz there is. And when you see the nothing, understand that I AM LAUGHING AT YOU.

Wouldn’t it be more like everybody is laughing at the USCjr football program because of how historically bad it has been?? Let’s be honest you virtually have never accomplished anything in college football.

Wouldn’t it be more like everybody is laughing at the USCjr football program because of how historically bad it has been?? Let’s be honest you virtually have never accomplished anything in college football.
Yet the reps had to join the gator team

Wow. You're dumber than the Dawgs. I didn't think that was possible.

Everything was in your favor this game, including the weather, and the RIDICULOUS calls in your favor in the first half. When you stopped getting everything called your way, we ran away and HID from you. We outscored you 38-13 in the middle of the game before we let you have the prevent defense TD at the end. if we played 100 times, you might win one. MAYBE.

Now fukk off.
We wld win 45-55

We wld win 45-55

As I said, maybe one. Come back to reality, mister fan of a 4-4 team. You suck balls, deal with it.

Edit: Oh damn, my bad. 3-4 team. As bad as I thought you were, you are even worse.

I recommend, instead of thinking about how you believe, against ALL EVIDENCE, that you are somehow better than a top ten team that is hunting a national title, you SHOULD BE worrying about how you are going to win 3 of your next 5 games so you can squeeze into the Birmingham Bowl and not get shut out of bowl season completely.

Last edited:

They have less success than GEORGIA. You have to work really hard at being bad if you want to have less success than Georgia.

They have less success than GEORGIA. You have to work really hard at being bad if you want to have less success than Georgia.
They have Muschump. Enough said. The best coach they ever had and will ever have is a Gator.

Not everyone. If EVERYONE was 'laughing at how much help we needed to beat a 3-3 team', we wouldn't have moved up to No 7 in the polls.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3

The only reason you were even 'in the game'
was the fact that the chitty refs had been carrying your chumps through the entire 1st half... o_O

Will, take your whining, sniveling butt off this board before you get another 15 yards for 'unsportsmanlike' conduct....
:cool:

So nobody is going to convince the Caroliney fans that they didn't get screwed over in the game by the refs. Nobody is going to convince anyone who watched the game from start to finish OBJECTIVELY that the refs made MANY mistakes that helped/hindered BOTH teams pretty much equally across the game. They were literally handing the game to South Carolina for nearly 3 straight quarters, but because of a blown OPI call in the 4th, the cocks fans can't contain themselves and think it's a great injustice directed at them.

As if Florida has EVER benefited from SEC refs in anything considering we are the most screwed over team in the entire SEC when it comes to the refs over the past 5 decades. That said, nobody is going to change either side's opinion at this point.

The take away is, we won. We had better coaching and the better team and it came out in the end. We are the best 4th quarter team in the nation and we proved that yet again this past Saturday. You NEVER let the referee's take the game away from you, intentional or otherwise. You always show up with the intention that you need to overcome the other team AND the referees. That's what the great teams do. They don't leave doubt in the hands of whether the refs make the right calls or not.

My final take away is, why is nobody talking about USC getting fined by the SEC for their fans throwing garbage onto the field multiple times in the 4th quarter??? That is a mandatory fine to the school and it is SUPPOSED to be a personal foul on the home sideline as well due to player safety. I believe the fine is the same amount as letting your fans rush the field or court after a win as it is a safety issue. These were full water bottles that were being tossed onto the field of play and I don't see any South Carolina fans manning up and saying this needs to get addressed by their school and fanbase. Apparently from what I've heard from Missouri and Kentucky fans is, this is not the first time USC has done this.

Where is the outrage here I am wondering? Why is The SEC being silent on this. This is cut and dry and it's not a question of sportsmanship like the officiating is, it is clearly stated in the rules and is a safety issue.

Reactions: instaGATOR
As if Florida has EVER benefited from SEC refs in anything considering we are the most screwed over team in the entire SEC when it comes to the refs over the past 5 decades. That said, nobody is going to change either side's opinion at this point

Don't believe me? Why was Florida the most penalized SEC team during Urban Meyer's 5 years at Florida, and then when he coached at Ohio State, magically his Ohio State teams were no worse than the 3rd LEAST penalized team in the conference there during his tenure, a complete reversal of his fortunes at Florida.

Same goes for Spurrier. When he was at Florida, by and large we were the most penalized team in the SEC each and every damn year. He went to South Carolina and they were NEVER the most penalized team for a single season he coached there.

Stop with the nonsense that The SEC is trying to protect Florida in any way because that's simply not true. The ONLY SEC school that can ever be accused of getting preferential treatment from SEC Refs is Alabama and that's because all SEC Refs are allowed free education for themselves and their families at Alabama and the SEC officiating offices are less than 50 miles from that school. That pretty much makes every SEC official an Alabama alumni and fan.

Just as I've been saying for decades grommit, with Mick repeating my posting here word for word on the air one time. Glad that someone else has noticed the long history of chitty SEC refs vs UF. o_O

The only worse ref bias (Ripoff on Rocky Top) than SEC refs vs UF are the All Corrupt Conference refs (Swindle in the Swamp). They are beyond biased, making many teams refuse to schedule FSUcks if ACC refs are used.... o_O --- :mad:

Last edited:
Sigh. Ok. One time.

Win over Georgia took a tremendous effort. Your guys were sky high after the game. No question they were congratulated on the win while walking around campus until at least today. When you are dwelling on the huge win you just had you are not concentrating on the next opponent.

You will be flat. Now, I'm sure your guys will be jumping around to start the game, but it will wear off fast. It is what it is.

Sigh.....didn’t happen. Congrats on your win, but your analysis was off.

Sigh.....didn’t happen. Congrats on your win, but your analysis was off.

I didn't see a whole lot of emotion from SC. But then I wrote that before I realized what the weather would be like. Rainy windy days suck the energy out of everybody.

BTW, shouldn't you be worried about how your shithole of a team is doing, rather than be over here opining on the energy levels of two other teams, both of which, it needs to be said, are far better than yours?

Last edited:
Where were you in the first half when the cocks benefited from at least 10 calls or non calls? It was roughly a 17 point swing on those. Did you complain then too?

And the officials were damn sure they were going to protect the gators. ....

You do realize that there were bad calls both ways, right? You do realize that even if the refs HAD called the penalties you mention against Florida, in each of those instances it would still have been UF ball and First-Down, right? You are aware that on those 2 TD's Florida would still have had 1st-and-Goal on both possessions, even after a penalty, and likely would have had AT LEAST a FG, right.

Bottom line is that Carolina still had their chances but failed to win ... a typical Muschamp characteristic, by the way. The referees didn't cause all those Gamecock overthrows by Hilsinki, either. Finally, if as you suggest, the SEC officials are against South Carolina, how in the hell did they allow you to beat Georgia the week before? Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT