ADVERTISEMENT

UF - SC game predictions and notes...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Muschamp said today that their QB will play Saturday that he practiced with a brace this morning and will be ready to go.

I wonder if Zuniga will be able to play most of the game or will it be another situation where he has to come out after a while. I doubt Greenard hardly plays.

I still expect the "Hilinski will play" statements to be just smoke.

Cocks will be playing the 3rd string QB....& he can't hit a wide open Chevy Silverado in stride.

Cocks only win if Gators turn it over A LOT.........like their daddy, UGa, did.

Cocks will be playing the 3rd string QB....& he can't hit a wide open Chevy Silverado in stride.

Wouldn’t be too confident about our 3rd string guy. 4 star that had offers from about anyone as an athlete. Was Mr SC high school player of the year. Has a very good arm. Thrown maybe 10 passes. Trask was a big time 4 star recruit wasn’t he?? Oh, 2 star. Trust me the cocks will be ready Saturday. And if you really know football you know we hand wrapped the game to you last year. You guys are very good and we have a lot of respect for you. I have a lot of gator friends. But Saturday will be a close game. We beat you guys the last time you were in Columbia and of course we know about last year. If our defense can slow your talent guys down and we can run the ball it will be a fg game. Ask UGA. My dad played at UGA for coach Butts. Respect them as well but if you watched our game Saturday you would know that the los will be a war. Btw, wasn’t disparaging Trask, love that guy. He turned your season around. We would much rather see Felipe.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Wouldn’t be too confident about our 3rd string guy. 4 star that had offers from about anyone as an athlete. Was Mr SC high school player of the year. Has a very good arm. Thrown maybe 10 passes. Trask was a big time 4 star recruit wasn’t he?? Oh, 2 star. Trust me the cocks will be ready Saturday. And if you really know football you know we hand wrapped the game to you last year. You guys are very good and we have a lot of respect for you. I have a lot of gator friends. But Saturday will be a close game. We beat you guys the last time you were in Columbia and of course we know about last year. If our defense can slow your talent guys down and we can run the ball it will be a fg game. Ask UGA. My dad played at UGA for coach Butts. Respect them as well but if you watched our game Saturday you would know that the los will be a war. Btw, wasn’t disparaging Trask, love that guy. He turned your season around. We would much rather see Felipe.
Rod is one of you by the way....

The last time we were in Columbia it was the end for Butters and the team was in total disarray as we were careening to a 4-8 record.

Wouldn't be reading too much into that win. Florida wins pretty easily over an emotionally flat team running with an injured backup QB.

Reactions: GatorNation79
The last time we were in Columbia it was the end for Butters and the team was in total disarray as we were careening to a 4-8 record.

Wouldn't be reading too much into that win. Florida wins pretty easily over an emotionally flat team running with an injured backup QB.

We will probably have an injured quarterback and we may very well lose, but if you think Muschamp won’t have these guys up to play against the Gators , you’re just .....well , I don’t believe the Gamecocks being flat Saturday is going to be a problem

Reactions: gamecockballfan

You’re right. We were both different teams two years ago. And I’m really impressed with your offense and you guys are always good on D. But to think we will come out flat Saturday is wrong my friend. We handily beat Ky, a team you guys were fortunate to beat, and we flat out beat uga on the line of scrimmage. This game will be decided late and the place will be insane. Other than handing UNC the game and supplying Mizzou with “21” points we’ve done ok. Especially the last two wins. If you guys play well and we play well it will be a fg game. I bet you Mullen feels that way. Your d the s better than Bama’s but we put up close to 500 total yards. Have a lot of gator friends and we’re going to game together. Him and his wife went to undergrad and law school there. Vested I guess is how I describe them. They live in Myrtle Beach and literally fly up to every home game. And they are worried sick over this game. Played Auburn and LSU. You guys will likely be a little flat. The antithesis is true for us, we will be sky high because we know this is a game we CAN win. Not saying we will. I’m sure your coach is not counting on us to be flat. If you guys beat us I will be a big gator fan to beat UGA, beat LSU or Bama and get to final four. Just know this, we won’t be flat. Good luck

You’re right. We were both different teams two years ago. And I’m really impressed with your offense and you guys are always good on D. But to think we will come out flat Saturday is wrong my friend. We handily beat Ky, a team you guys were fortunate to beat, and we flat out beat uga on the line of scrimmage. This game will be decided late and the place will be insane. Other than handing UNC the game and supplying Mizzou with “21” points we’ve done ok. Especially the last two wins. If you guys play well and we play well it will be a fg game. I bet you Mullen feels that way. Your d the s better than Bama’s but we put up close to 500 total yards. Have a lot of gator friends and we’re going to game together. Him and his wife went to undergrad and law school there. Vested I guess is how I describe them. They live in Myrtle Beach and literally fly up to every home game. And they are worried sick over this game. Played Auburn and LSU. You guys will likely be a little flat. The antithesis is true for us, we will be sky high because we know this is a game we CAN win. Not saying we will. I’m sure your coach is not counting on us to be flat. If you guys beat us I will be a big gator fan to beat UGA, beat LSU or Bama and get to final four. Just know this, we won’t be flat. Good luck

I have wasted too much time in here trying to explain things to people who didn't want to hear it.

Think what you will.

We will probably have an injured quarterback and we may very well lose, but if you think Muschamp won’t have these guys up to play against the Gators , you’re just .....well , I don’t believe the Gamecocks being flat Saturday is going to be a problem

Sigh. Ok. One time.

Win over Georgia took a tremendous effort. Your guys were sky high after the game. No question they were congratulated on the win while walking around campus until at least today. When you are dwelling on the huge win you just had you are not concentrating on the next opponent.

You will be flat. Now, I'm sure your guys will be jumping around to start the game, but it will wear off fast. It is what it is.

agree but if we play well we win...IMO

I don't disagree. We are coming off two big consecutive weekends. SEC is a grind. I also agree SC will be sky high. As to your comment about dominating the line of scrimmage against the dawgs, they did outgain you by almost 200 yards. The difference in the game were Fromm picks. 2 of which were either bad throws or receiver ran the wrong route. If we play well and you play well we win by 2 tds. We have better players.

We keep it away from Israel Mumuamu, and we should win. If not, we'll look as bad as Jake Froom did.

I don't disagree. We are coming off two big consecutive weekends. SEC is a grind. I also agree SC will be sky high. As to your comment about dominating the line of scrimmage against the dawgs, they did outgain you by almost 200 yards. The difference in the game were Fromm picks. 2 of which were either bad throws or receiver ran the wrong route. If we play well and you play well we win by 2 tds. We have better players.
Turnovers played big but the pressure Fromm felt was the contributing factor. We hit him a lot and sacked him 4x. I think he had one sack prior to last Saturday. If our D can keep your running game where it's been, which isn't good, we will be there late in this one. No way this is a 2 td game. Vegas nor anyone else that is objective would think a 2 td game. And while the dawgs had a lot of yards against us when they needed big yards rushing it, especially 2nd half, we stopped them. Objectively I admit, in Gainsville or neutral you're a 8-10 point fav, but Saturday in Cola, SC, it will be a 4th q game.

Turnovers played big but the pressure Fromm felt was the contributing factor. We hit him a lot and sacked him 4x. I think he had one sack prior to last Saturday. If our D can keep your running game where it's been, which isn't good, we will be there late in this one. No way this is a 2 td game. Vegas nor anyone else that is objective would think a 2 td game. And while the dawgs had a lot of yards against us when they needed big yards rushing it, especially 2nd half, we stopped them. Objectively I admit, in Gainsville or neutral you're a 8-10 point fav, but Saturday in Cola, SC, it will be a 4th q game.
My bigger concern is we responded very poorly after the UGA loss last year. I am concerned there may be a repeat. We haven't really played well all year. Turnovers have been a problem. Turn it over Saturday and we will be in a world of trouble. But if Mizzou can beat you by 20, so can we. Do you consider SC to be a top 20 team?

It's going to be a dog fight IMO...I do expect to win but Muschamp is going to bring the defense. Turnovers, flags and miscues will be the difference. If we play well we win. We will need to play well to win away.

Reactions: folcock
You cannot compare stopping Georgia and getting pressure on their QB with doing the same to us. Yes USC limited Georgia's run game and then forced Froom to start passing to move the ball which he failed at given some pressure on the QB and with his very young receivers.

The situation is not the same with Florida. Our running game already sucks so we haven't been relying upon it all year long. Go ahead and stop our running game, Auburn did and how much did it help them? We have been consistently relying on our pass game and the pass only to move the ball all year long and we have dealt with some of the best QB pressure teams out there already. Good luck rattling Trask or Emory Jones considering what they've already seen this year. Oh and the young WRs that Georgia is dealing with right now and their dropped passes? Florida has 4 senior WR's and possibly the most talented TE in the entire SEC. Florida's receivers aren't going to be making the elementary mistakes in their routes and in catching that Georgia's were.

As I said before, if all we do is keep the ball away from USC's Israel Mumuamu, then we win. The guy is a great talent but he can only cover one of our WR's at a time on each play. This is our one saving grace this year, pick your poison on who is going to kill you in receiving yards because you can only shut down so many top shelf receivers.

Couldn't the same exact thing be said about our Cocks?
Not sure your'e being gay but yes, you can win. Plenty of holes in our game. IMO we have better talent and are better well coached but it comes down to execution, mistakes and in game adjustments. Nothing new but I expect a competitive game.

You cannot compare stopping Georgia and getting pressure on their QB with doing the same to us. Yes USC limited Georgia's run game and then forced Froom to start passing to move the ball which he failed at given some pressure on the QB and with his very young receivers.

The situation is not the same with Florida. Our running game already sucks so we haven't been relying upon it all year long. Go ahead and stop our running game, Auburn did and how much did it help them? We have been consistently relying on our pass game and the pass only to move the ball all year long and we have dealt with some of the best QB pressure teams out there already. Good luck rattling Trask or Emory Jones considering what they've already seen this year. Oh and the young WRs that Georgia is dealing with right now and their dropped passes? Florida has 4 senior WR's and possibly the most talented TE in the entire SEC. Florida's receivers aren't going to be making the elementary mistakes in their routes and in catching that Georgia's were.

As I said before, if all we do is keep the ball away from USC's Israel Mumuamu, then we win. The guy is a great talent but he can only cover one of our WR's at a time on each play. This is our one saving grace this year, pick your poison on who is going to kill you in receiving yards because you can only shut down so many top shelf receivers.
I agree. Your skill guys are crazy good. If we were playing in Gainesville you guys probably win by 10+. I really think if we can keep you guys under 30 it will b a close game. Or if your defensive ends were healthy I’m not sure we could beat you anywhere.

We keep it away from Israel Mumuamu, and we should win. If not, we'll look as bad as Jake Froom did.

well we wont be keeping it away from Mumuamu because it's likely he's going to be covering Kyle Pitts, which should be a great match-up

You are a Gamecock fan? What a joke!

Cant argue with that. Y'all do have better players almost across the board and better depth. We are undeniably the lesser team but we play the game for a reason. Tailgating with Gator fans is always fun in Columbia! I wish you all that will be attending, safe travels to the Palmetto State. Here's hoping for an injury-free game for both teams and a lot of fun for all!
Go Gamecocks!

Those high ankle sprains are a bitch. Nobody comes back from those quick.

With SDE Zuniga 6-4 246 and BUCK Greenard 6-3 263 on limping ankles....
Others will need to step it up. o_O

SDE Luke Ancrum 6-5 263 rsSr

SDE Zach Carter 6-4 263 rsSo

BUCK Brendon Cox Jr 6-4 247 So - NCAA hasn't/won't clear to play. :cool:
Even though they have already done so for many other. I'm sure that it's all completely fair and unbiased decision making by the NCAA.... :rolleyes:

BUCK Jeremiah Moon 6-6 228 rsJr

BUCK Khris Bogle 6-6 216 Fr

And there are several LB'S & Aths that could be moved to BUCK.

It really won't.

Georgia's passing offense is not close to ours.

Cant argue with that. Y'all do have better players almost across the board and better depth. We are undeniably the lesser team but we play the game for a reason. Tailgating with Gator fans is always fun in Columbia! I wish you all that will be attending, safe travels to the Palmetto State. Here's hoping for an injury-free game for both teams and a lot of fun for all!
Go Gamecocks!
You are exactly right. Dawgs were a 20 point favorite at home and you guys got them. SC can win this game, no doubt.

You are exactly right. Dawgs were a 20 point favorite at home and you guys got them. SC can win this game, no doubt.

Dawgs thought all they had to do was show up to win. UF won't think that way. They will be angry after losing to LSU. Angry and focused.

ADVERTISEMENT