ADVERTISEMENT

UF/Auburn Game Thread

Kasey Hill was a very good back up to Scottie Wilbekin his freshman year. Of course Billy D. started him his sophomore year because he was the only point guard we had other than freshman Chris Chiozza. And during that year Hill shot 37.9% from the field, 52.6% from the foul line, 149 assists to 72 turnovers. The team went 16-17 with probably better talent than this year's team, including Michael Frazier, Dorian Finney-Smith, Chris Walker, Eli Carter, Alex Murphy, Jon Horford and freshman Devin Robinson. He's started the last 2 years, again, because he's the best we've got and this year he's played very, very well and improved his stats in virtually every area. He's going to finish his career as one of the top assist-men in UF history, as well as among the highest amount of turnovers in UF history, if not the most. He'll get a shot at the NBA and I wish him nothing but the best. He's apparently been a solid student, never gotten in trouble, been an excellent teammate and seems like an all around good person. I'm not a Hill hater, but I'm also not blind to his weaknesses as a player. He's a Gator, so I'm pulling for him to excel. Go Gators.

BillyD can't recruit. He only had Hill and Cheezy on the roster, so he forced himself to play 5 star MickyD AA Hill over 4 star Fr Cheezy. Makes perfect sense to me now.... :rolleyes:

Now Hill was never any good, (where is he on UF's All Time Assists list) but he's a little better this season, probably because of those around him covering for him.... :oops:

As to his TO's, give us his Ast/TO ratio and where does he stand on the Min/played list?
Now go ask his coach and his teammates about his continuing contributions to the overall team. Five star Devin Robinson has been right there with him, so what does he think of Hill?

Stats are important or they wouldn't keep them and constantly refer to them. However, stats never tell the whole story on any player's contributions to his teams success. Pardon me if I stick with what his coaches and fellow teammates think of his overall contributions... :cool:

It's okay if a few fans want to pick his nits, (or his dingleberries), :D because it's unlikely to affect his performance on the court. :cool:

IF any Gator fan wants to concentrate on the rather obvious fact that NONE of our players or coaches in any Gator sport are 100% perfect, then I guess it's nit-pickin' season year-round.
Usually it's the job of rival fans to do, but I guess they need all the help that they can get... :confused:

Michael Frazier, Dorian Finney-Smith, Chris Walker, Eli Carter, Alex Murphy, Jon Horford and freshman Devin Robinson.

Separate from the Hill discussion, I would take this year's top 7 (including Egbunu) over this group. I don't think it's close, actually. DFS is the best player in the group, but I'd take Allen over Frazier and current d-rob over that d-rob. Walker, Carter, Murphy and Horford were pretty marginal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT