ADVERTISEMENT

Football UCF @ Florida...

Nice win. The defense played their best overall game in a long time. They were aggressive and played with purpose the whole game. Offense was very sharp the first half, but I thought the play calling the 2nd half was very bad. I guess just trying to run out the clock, but didn't do much of anything after halftime. Will be a rough trip to Knoxville next Saturday, I'm afraid. Vols losing to Arkansas will make them want to take it out of us.

Reactions: NavigatorII
What’s up with the weird obsession with “crowd size?”

still-20889119-3870374-503-still.jpg
After decades of making fun of Miami for having no fans, a half full stadium would be a karmic disaster.

Nice win. The defense played their best overall game in a long time. They were aggressive and played with purpose the whole game. Offense was very sharp the first half, but I thought the play calling the 2nd half was very bad. I guess just trying to run out the clock, but didn't do much of anything after halftime. Will be a rough trip to Knoxville next Saturday, I'm afraid. Vols losing to Arkansas will make them want to take it out of us.
Hoping the loss stings so much Arky ends up beating them twice.

Gotta say Arky really has their number, particularly when they think they are good. They always take those losses really hard.

Best our defensive line has played all year. UCF is no power, but they can run the ball and we did an excellent job of shutting them down for most of the game. Good to get that 3rd win. Will be very difficult to get that 4th anytime soon.

Reactions: gatordad3
Gators beat Mighty UCF to take the #2 position in state of Florida football.

More 'Fools Gold' on sale today, buy quick while the very limited supply lasts.........
😉

• Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
Mertz picked up where he left off in Florida’s rout of Mississippi State, completing 19-of-23 passes for 179 yards and a touchdown. In Florida’s past 2 wins, Mertz has tossed just 6 incompletions, completing 38-of-44 passes for 380 yards, 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Lagway’s special play continued Saturday. Two weeks after becoming the first freshman quarterback since Jalen Hurts to lead 2 90-plus yard touchdown drives in a SEC road game, Lagway led Florida on 2 scoring drives in the first half

Reactions: sadgator
Mertz picked up where he left off in Florida’s rout of Mississippi State, completing 19-of-23 passes for 179 yards and a touchdown. In Florida’s past 2 wins, Mertz has tossed just 6 incompletions, completing 38-of-44 passes for 380 yards, 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Lagway’s special play continued Saturday. Two weeks after becoming the first freshman quarterback since Jalen Hurts to lead 2 90-plus yard touchdown drives in a SEC road game, Lagway led Florida on 2 scoring drives in the first half
Mertz is good man. And Lagway has been solid in his opportunities. People have sh!t on this team because of the first few weeks, but they’re not as bad as everybody thinks.

And apparently nobody saw Nico inexplicably run out of bounds last night with the game on the line…tellin’ ya…there have been some inaccurate assumptions made…

Florida’s gonna beat Tennessee. sadgator has said it first…and is completely serious. Somebody bookmark this post when everybody expresses complete shock after it happens…

2024 Stats for the 2 Gator QB's:

Lagway - 38 of 55, 69.1% for 667 yds, 17.5 yds/comp, 4 TD's, L-85, 184.05 QBR

Mertz --- 61 of 79, 77.2%, for 666 yds, 10.9 yds/comp, 5 TD's, L-39, 163.85 QBR
=====

Last 2 Games:

Lagway - 11 of 11 for 126 yds.

I'm not saying to bench Mertz, but to shift from the 2 to 1 rotation to a 1 to 1 rotation....

Mertz is good man. And Lagway has been solid in his opportunities. People have sh!t on this team because of the first few weeks, but they’re not as bad as everybody thinks.

And apparently nobody saw Nico inexplicably run out of bounds last night with the game on the line…tellin’ ya…there have been some inaccurate assumptions made…

Florida’s gonna beat Tennessee. sadgator has said it first…and is completely serious. Somebody bookmark this post when everybody expresses complete shock after it happens…
Are we getting better, or are we just playing chumps? And, even if we are improving, looking at the schedule, will it matter?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT