ADVERTISEMENT

Trask broken foot.... Done for the year..

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Per his dad on Facebook. So, who is your backup? Toney? You can use Jones 2 more games per the new NCAA rules.

I would have Toney as backup. Dude is electric will the ball in his hand and his throwing accuracy can’t be any worse than franks. I would rather have a guy who can move with the ball in his hands than a slow footed franks who can’t throw or run. I hope this injury doesn’t give Franks a bigger leash and we just end up riding him out for a 1-3 finish to the season. We still have a chance at a 9-3 finish which would would be way above our initial expectations for this team.

I hope this injury doesn’t give Franks a bigger leash...

You seriously think that Toney would have better command of the offense than Franks...accuracy in the past game or two aside, the guy won games on the road at UT and MSU and beat LSU.

What are you going to do, put Toney in the wildcat every snap from here on out?

The answer is now Franks until the end, with some practice time for Jones in the Idaho or FSU game(s)...and pray Franks doesn’t get hurt...

Last edited:
You seriously think that Toney would have better command of the offense than Franks...accuracy in the past game or two aside, the guy won games on the road at UT and MSU and beat LSU.

What are you going to do, put Toney in the wildcat every snap from here on out?

The answer is now Franks until the end, with some practice time for Jones in the Idaho or FSU game(s)...and pray Franks doesn’t get hurt...
This

Our defense won the game against Tennessee, LSU game we ran the ball extremely well to win that game and Miss State our defense controlled the line of scrimmage and only allowed 3 points. Franks had some nice throws in the Miss State game but he was still below average. Look I have been on the positive side of things with this team for most of the year but the last two games by Franks have not sat well with me. He just looks so freaking lost back there and I’m sick of having talent around him but it’s all for nothing.

My point with Toney, is his accuracy can’t be any worse than what Franks has shown but I just want something different. It’s old seeing Franks go out there and overthrow guys, check the ball down for a 2 yard loss because he gets happy feet or can’t hit a guy who’s been open for 3-4 seconds and overthrows him. Our piss poor offensive production out of our QB position is directly correlated with our defensive drop off. Can’t be on the field for that amount of time and expect to play well against quality offenses. Maybe Toney can’t do it but prove that to me. I know what franks can do and it’s not much. South Carolina knows this as well!

The experience, better command of the offense, he looks good in practice excuses are just plain old now. Tebow was garbage in practice but he was a gamer. He energized the guys around him. Toney has shown he can be elusive and he has a pretty good arm. Is he going to win a heisman or even be the starter next year? No but neither will Franks. At least Toney could take a RPO to the house at any moment.....

The experience, better command of the offense, he looks good in practice excuses are just plain old now. Tebow was garbage in practice but he was a gamer. He energized the guys around him. Toney has shown he can be elusive and he has a pretty good arm. Is he going to win a heisman or even be the starter next year? No but neither will Franks. At least Toney could take a RPO to the house at any moment.....

Dude, we aren’t using a slot receiver as a QB at this point. It will be Franks for USCe and FSU. A Franks/Jones combo for Idaho and you may well see a lot of Jones in the bowl game after three weeks for Mullen to install his actual offense.

Reactions: sadgator
I defer to Coach. But I would put a running qb in, Toney or Jones, and try to get some option game going. Can't be any worse than what we've watched the last two weeks. 2/3 of the passes Franks throws are behind the line anyway. All those bubble screens would be more effective with a running threat at qb.

Reactions: GatorGraz
Toney isn't just a slot receiver. If I remember correctly, he holds all or most of the Tampa Bay area passing records. I'm not saying he should replace Franks (he shouldn't) -- just responding to those who think Toney is not capable of running the offense (he is).

Maybe if Toney had been working at QB since spring he would be, but he isn’t now. He doesn’t even have his one WR position down pat yet which is why he doesn’t get the ball more. No way in hell he’d be able to command the entire offense.

Maybe if Toney had been working at QB since spring he would be, but he isn’t now. He doesn’t even have his one WR position down pat yet which is why he doesn’t get the ball more. No way in hell he’d be able to command the entire offense.

Then Jones. I would try to run the qb. I think its necessary for Mullen's offense to click.

Toney isn't just a slot receiver. If I remember correctly, he holds all or most of the Tampa Bay area passing records. I'm not saying he should replace Franks (he shouldn't) -- just responding to those who think Toney is not capable of running the offense (he is).
Toney is from Alabama. He owns zero records in Tampa Bay.

People need to stop bringing up Emory Jones so much. Mullen isn’t going to burn his redshirt at this point nor should he.

Jones will play in 2 more games to preserve his redshirt and that’s that.

People need to stop bringing up Emory Jones so much. Mullen isn’t going to burn his redshirt at this point nor should he.

Jones will play in 2 more games to preserve his redshirt and that’s that.

I'm sure that Mullen will try to save his redshirt but if Franks goes down for extended time - he won't hardly have a choice.

But even with that - Emory can play 2 out of the last 4 games so it's not likely Emory will burn the red shirt.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/11/report-trask-suffers-injury-at-practice/

=============

1. Franks

2. Nick Sproles 6-2 215 rsSo - Winter Park, FL

HS Senior Season: Completed 63.7% of his passes (144-226) for 2,006 yards with 15 passing touchdowns and 4 rushing TD's.
  • Metro Conference – Phil King 2015-2016 Athlete of the Year
  • Winter Park HS – Male Athlete of the Year
  • Orange County (Orlando) Senior Bowl – East Starting QB
  • Winter Park HS – MVP 2015 Varsity Football
3. Jones (can play in 2 games & save the redshirt)

And there are another 3-4 that played QB in HS if needed, the prime example being Toney.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/11/report-trask-suffers-injury-at-practice/

=============

1. Franks

2. Nick Sproles 6-2 215 rsSo - Winter Park, FL

HS Senior Season: Completed 63.7% of his passes (144-226) for 2,006 yards with 15 passing touchdowns and 4 rushing TD's.
  • Metro Conference – Phil King 2015-2016 Athlete of the Year
  • Winter Park HS – Male Athlete of the Year
  • Orange County (Orlando) Senior Bowl – East Starting QB
  • Winter Park HS – MVP 2015 Varsity Football
3. Jones (can play in 2 games & save the redshirt)

And there are another 3-4 that played QB in HS if needed, the prime example being Toney.

All more capable of allowing our offense to click more than Franks hahaha. Feleipe “three & out” Franks

And if you want another example of an 'electric' dual threat QB, check out this kid.
He had small school ship offers, but chose to WO at UF instead.

QB-dt Jaylin Jackson 5-8 171 Fr - Tampa, FL (CB-WR)
(size of the dog in the fight vs the size of the fight in the dog) o_O

HS Sr 12-1 - Passing 150 of 263 57% for 2,883 yds, 34 TD's, 11 Ints.
Career 30-5 - Passing 5,621 yds, 66 TD's -- Rushing 1,858 yds, 30 TD's.
CB 40 Tkls, 6 Ints. (those QB numbers, while playing both ways)

He looks like an even better Johnny Football, with a much higher character rating.

Run that video and give me your critiques on his different abilities as a QB-dt.
He can certainly make all of the throws, and into some very tight windows.
With the current OL, he might be just the thing needed to extend plays.... :cool:

.http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jaylin-jackson/eAWW4CS1EeS00gAmVebEWg/videos.htm

Btw, sad to hear about Trask's injury. Feel bad for the kid, looks like he's finally going to get a chance to play, and this happens.

This is going to be a sight to behold if we lose to SC and Franks plays like crap. What does Mullen do then for the FSU and Bowl game? If not for the bowl game he could just let Jones have the Idaho and FSU games.

WTF?

How many times is Franks going to be replaced only to have the guy that replaces him get injured right away? I think this is the third time so far.

This is going to be a sight to behold if we lose to SC and Franks plays like crap. What does Mullen do then for the FSU and Bowl game? If not for the bowl game he could just let Jones have the Idaho and FSU games.

The panic over Trask injury is overblown. Neither he nor Franks was ever going to atart next year. Look at Jones, 2019 Jones and our 2020 committ. This year was a band-aid year. We will enter next year with someone named Jones as our QB and Mullen’s true offense. And honestly, I am not sure the SC defense wouldn’t have been a bit much for Trask and his one quarter of experience.

Franks is certainly an xfer candidate, but not a guarantee. .

Trask rsJr, depending on how Spring goes, is the likely starter.

Both Jones's will have a shot at the job, but that remains to be seen, it's certainly not a sure thing for any of them. I might even throw Jaylin Jackson in the mix, just to see.

Some will also depend on when Jalon Jones Fr arrives, early or in the summer?
As an early enrolle, he might have a shot. As a summer enrolle, not so much. o_O

And which of them starts might also depend on how the new OL shakes out.
A solid OL helps Trask, a poor OL will favor the Jones.
JMOHO's as always... :cool:

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
The projected 2019 OL:
(I don't believe that any of them have played well enough to leave early)

Noah Banks 6-5 309 rsSr
T.J. McCoy 6-1 305 rsSr
Nick Buchanan 6-3 291 rsSr
Nick Villano 6-3 290 rsSr

Jawaan Taylor 6-5 328 Sr

Stone forsythe 6-7 323 rsJr
Brett Heggie 6-4 314 rsJr
Jean Delance 6-4 313 rsJr
Tanner Rowell 6-2 283 rsJr

T.J. Moore 6-5 300 rsSo

Christopher Bieich 6-6 321 rsFr or So
Richard Gouraige 6-4 303 rsFr or So
Griffin McDowell 6-3 295 rsFr or So

Will Harrod 6-6 305 Fr
Riley Simmonds 6-4 290 Fr
Ethan White 6-5 315 Fr
Wardrick Wilson 6-5 298 Fr
And any others that might arrive in the class.

Franks is certainly an xfer candidate, but not a guarantee. .

Trask rsJr, depending on how Spring goes, is the likely starter.

Both Jones's will have a shot at the job, but that remains to be seen, it's certainly not a sure thing for any of them. I might even throw Jaylin Jackson in the mix, just to see.

Some will also depend on when Jalon Jones Fr arrives, early or in the summer?
As an early enrolle, he might have a shot. As a summer enrolle, not so much. o_O

And which of them starts might also depend on how the new OL shakes out.
A solid OL helps Trask, a poor OL will favor the Jones.
JMOHO's as always... :cool:

Lol Trask is not going to be he likely starter unless the young guys suck.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I don’t like saying this year is a “throw away”...but it’s part of the process. I support Franks and hope he does well, but know he’s struggled, especially with his checks at the LOS and his feel for the game/plays/coverage, and some bad fundamentals he’s shown at times. (A few plays at Missouri he made, especially given just the presnap defense, positioning/numbers in coverage in the space and his decision to check to that part of the field were just baffling to me)
Trask getting hurt is upsetting.
All that said, Mullen in the long term is probably going to have to bring in a new recruit to run his offense, and to immediately compete for PT.

I don’t like saying this year is a “throw away”...but it’s part of the process. I support Franks and hope he does well, but know he’s struggled, especially with his checks at the LOS and his feel for the game/plays/coverage, and some bad fundamentals he’s shown at times. (A few plays at Missouri he made, especially given just the presnap defense, positioning/numbers in coverage in the space and his decision to check to that part of the field were just baffling to me)
Trask getting hurt is upsetting.
All that said, Mullen in the long term is probably going to have to bring in a new recruit to run his offense, and to immediately compete for PT.
Sorry to hear you are upset, Bucanole.

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I know, I know.

The truth hurts. One day you'll able to accept it.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Paint me as very impressed a kid from Alabama was able to break most of the Tampa passing records. :p

Reactions: instaGATOR
The panic over Trask injury is overblown. Neither he nor Franks was ever going to atart next year. Look at Jones, 2019 Jones and our 2020 committ. This year was a band-aid year. We will enter next year with someone named Jones as our QB and Mullen’s true offense. And honestly, I am not sure the SC defense wouldn’t have been a bit much for Trask and his one quarter of experience.

I doubt he could be worse than Franks and his 40% completion rate on passes that actually travel beyond the line of scrimmage.

I hope you are right but I keep envisioning a scenario where Franks becomes a really big locker room issue early next season if he stays on this roster. I hope he transfers. If he doesn't play well today and we were to lose this game I think the fans are really going to be showing their displeasure with Franks late in the game. SC has a crappy rush defense so hopefully we can exploit that to get a win for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT