ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tombstone.

SG Gator

Silver Member
Sep 1, 2024
Outside of what anybody says, I believe firmly that Billy put his tombstone in the dirt last night. Will we fire him this week? No. He will be the head coach at the University of Florida through game 12. He has plenty of opportunities to turn things around and go on a tear. But will he? No. He’s been digging his grave for the past couple years, last night he put the finishing touches on it. Horrific play calling along with Questionable coaching decisions have plagued the Gators for far too long. With that being said, I see 2 names tossed around more than anyone. Franklin and Kiffin. My honest question to everyone who believes Franklin is the guy is Who’s ceiling is actually higher? Franklin has spent 11 years at Penn St. He has won 4 Bowl games. You read that right. 11 Years, 4 bowl wins. That’s not what we’re looking for in Gainesville and we all know that. You cannot argue that that Penn St doesn’t pull the same talent that UF does. That’s just not true. Franklin has all he needs to win at PSU. Not saying Kiffin is a sure hire, but if the UAA wants to win this fanbase back, Kiffin is how they do it. As for myself, I feel like we have one option and one option only. HIRE THE WINNER IN THE SEC. Penn State plays in the Big 10. Who else in the Big 10 are good football teams outside of OSU/Mich? Franklin has won 1 Big 10 championship. 11 Years, 4 bowl wins, 1 Conference Championship and a Rape scandal. What Kiffin has built at Ole miss has been nothing shy of remarkable based on the talent pool he has to work with. You cannot base his success off of a couple losses his year. However, he’d be willing to leave it all to win a National Championship, which is what he is capable of at the University of Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.