ADVERTISEMENT

To no one's surprise

Yep I think Mac would be reluctant to make Trask the #2 unless Appleby looked bad in relief due to Appleby's prior playing time.

OMG, don't go looking into Appleby's time at Purdue. I'd be scared if he was needed and put into a game. (imo, he has 'happy-feet')

Purdue while Appleby was there:

2015 - 2-10 beat 6-7 Neb and D-2 Ind-St

2014 - 3-9 - beat W.Mich, 6-7 ILL, D-2 S.ILL

2013 - 1-11 -- beat D-2 Indiana State

Total 6-30 -- 3 of their 6 wins were against D-2's. :eek:
Only 1 win against a D-1 team with a winning record, and that was 8-5 W.Mich in 2014. :rolleyes:

He played in 17 games and started 11 times at QB at Purdue.
He threw for 2,777 career yards, with 19 TD's to 19 Ints. :oops:
He blamed his teammates at Purdue, but I watched the Spring game and I'm not buying it. o_O

I'm sending a fireman to your house, and he has lots of experience.
So far, he's let 30 houses burn down,,,, so good luck with that. :confused:

It was only HS, but in quality game time Trask threw for:
2015 - Completed 73.4% of his passes (47-64) for 759 yards,
10 TD's to zero Ints; also had 18 carries for 49 yards and 1 TD.

2014 - Completed 70.6% of his passes (48-68) for 786 yards,
6 TD's to zero Ints; also ran for a TD.

95 of 132, 72% for 16 TD's to ZERO Int's, plus 2 rushing TD's.
That would be pretty good against air... :cool:

I watched Appleby play a little and he brings it when he is out there and doesnt hesitate much. Will run a safety over at times etc but his big problem was trying to force the ball in there when he shouldnt have. Hopefully Mac has corrected that some.

I've got nothing personal against Appleby. If I thought that he was the better QB, then I'd be all for him. When he's under no pressure, he can look like a decent QB most times. But when he's under pressure, he makes poor decisions imo. And I would count his so-called starting experience at Purdue as more of a negative than as a positive. :oops:

What I saw in the Spring, was him breaking down when he's under pressure, and then throwing into coverage instead of just throwing it away. Trask threw it away when nothing was there, or he ran like a deer when the pocket collapsed. As a tFr, he's as big as Grad-Sr Appleby, plus he's a faster/better runner.
Appleby - 6-4 240 --- Trask 6-4 238
Also, I think that Trask has the best pure throwing ARM on the team. We'll see... :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT