ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this Florida team moving onto 2024......

Kids flipping and de committing, some of that has to be looked at as issues with parenting and their high school coach. I was at the Florida high school coaches clinic Tebows senior year. Urban went off on the high school coaches who have players grabbing and throwing hats down and basically being a clown and disrespecting other schools. He went off about a kid throwing down a Michigan hat and pointed out that 18 year old has done zero. Michigan is the all time winningest program.

It is a reflection on their parents and high school coach.

Kids flipping and de committing, some of that has to be looked at as issues with parenting and their high school coach. I was at the Florida high school coaches clinic Tebows senior year. Urban went off on the high school coaches who have players grabbing and throwing hats down and basically being a clown and disrespecting other schools. He went off about a kid throwing down a Michigan hat and pointed out that 18 year old has done zero. Michigan is the all time winningest program.

It is a reflection on their parents and high school coach.
I don’t disagree but it’s the same deal for everyone. We better figure it out or more 5-7 seasons ahead.

It's all good in hogtown now daze, and with a bright future on the way....

Gator's 2024 QB Room, with their 247 profile/ranking coming out of HS:

#3 QB-pp Geraham Mertz 6-3 215 rsSr ****

#10 QB-pp Jack Miller III 6-3 210 *** rsJr

#2 QB-dt DJ Lagway 6-2 225 ***** Fr
=====
#148 QB QB--pp Parker Leise 6-2 215 *** rsFr - PWO

#154 QB-pp Paul Kessler 6-5 215 *** rsFr - PWO-xfer Santa Monica College

With Billy's high completion percentage offense and him calling the play, they are in excellent shape for the future. No Worries Mates....

It's all good in hogtown now daze, and with a bright future on the way....

Gator's 2024 QB Room, with their 247 profile/ranking coming out of HS:

#3 QB-pp Geraham Mertz 6-3 215 rsSr ****

#10 QB-pp Jack Miller III 6-3 210 *** rsJr

#2 QB-dt DJ Lagway 6-2 225 ***** Fr
=====
#148 QB QB--pp Parker Leise 6-2 215 *** rsFr - PWO

#154 QB-pp Paul Kessler 6-5 215 *** rsFr - PWO-xfer Santa Monica College

With Billy's high completion percentage offense and him calling the play, they are in excellent shape for the future. No Worries Mates....
QB is actually one of the few positions we are fine. It's all the others.

QB is actually one of the few positions we are fine. It's all the others.
Agree, although RB is in pretty good shape, too, Offensive line has been and will remain the Gators biggest weakness. The defense has holes all over it and it got worse when Shemar James went down.

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
Agree, although RB is in pretty good shape, too, Offensive line has been and will remain the Gators biggest weakness. The defense has holes all over it and it got worse when Shemar James went down.
Agree. I think the defense will be pretty bad again. I hold out some hope the oline will be better. Can't get much worse.

Blaming results on the players that the coaching staff brings in, HS or Portal, is BS imoho.

"He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

Weren’t you the guy bitching every year about how none of Mike White’s players could shoot and he can’t make the shot for them?
And the same guy that copies and pastes everything. If he is quoting Bum Phillips then damn how old is Insta? I had to ask my 78 year old dad who the hell is Bum Phillips.

And the same guy that copies and pastes everything. If he is quoting Bum Phillips then damn how old is Insta? I had to ask my 78 year old dad who the hell is Bum Phillips.

I remember him as a kid. Was @instaGATOR attending Gator games the last time we had a coach open with 2 losing seasons like Napier - right after WW2?

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
Reactions: gatordad3

So we got whipped by 7 of our conference foes plus Miami and FSU in the recruiting rankings. Napier better ace the portal or he is as good as gone after 2024. Hopefully we can keep Lagway if he is canned.
After? Napier won't be around to see the middle of the season, along with Stricklin.

• Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
Weren’t you the guy bitching every year about how none of Mike White’s players could shoot and he can’t make the shot for them?
Selective reading and selective memory go well together, and especially when distracting or avoiding a current point. But hey, being positive, you guys are almost always good for a chuckle....

While I don't care what you said yesterday, or months or years ago.

Keeping in mind that any of them might not be on the Final Aug. 2024 Roster, or that some others might be added by then. JMOHO, but the excuses for the Defensive performance are wearing pretty thin.
Excuses for CBN's first 2 DC performance, and blaming the former DC along with the current and former players 'quality' needs to end. Time for the current players and coaches to own up to their own film and results... On the Projected 2024 Roster so far..

LB'ers Room

ILB Mannie Nunnery 6-1 225 rsSr - Houston Xfer-In
ILB Justin Pelic 5-11 230 Grad-Sr - WO
#3 ILB Derek Wingo 6-1 235 Sr **** - Gatorade FL PoY
#4 ILB Scooby Williams 6-2 230 rsJr ****
#1 ILB Shemar James 6-1 230 Jr (Rivals ***** & UA-AA)

ILB Deuce Spurlock II 6-0 225 rsSo - Mich Xfer-In ***
#21 ILB Jaden Robinson 6-0 230 So ****
#5 LB Myles Graham 6-1 212 Fr ****
#8 LB Aaron Chiles 6-3 220 Fr ****

-----
The 2024 DL Room:

Edge - OLB/DE
Edge Justus Boone 6-4 265 rsJr ****

Edge Jack Pyburn 6-3 250 Jr ***
Edge Quincy Ivory 6-3 260 Jr - JuCo Xfer-In
#6 Edge Kamran James 6-6 270 So ****
Edge Kelby Collins 6-4 270 So ****
#22 Edge TJ Searcy 6-5 245 So ****

Edge Bryce Capers 6-4 240 rsSo - PWO
Edge Layne Swafford 6-2 235 - PWO
#2 DE LJ McCray 6-6 260 Fr *****
-----
DT/NT
DT Jaelin Humphries 6-3 325 Grad-Sr **** - UA-AA & Nike Opening

#37 DT/NT Cam Jackson 6-6 360 Sr ***
#4 DT Joey Slackman 6-4 300 Grad-Sr - Penn Xfer-In ****
#26 DL/DE Tyreak Sapp 6-3 275 rsJr ****

DT Keenan Landry 6-1 305 rsJr - JuCo Xfer-in as PWO
DT Jamari Lyons 6-4 305 rsSo ****
#99 DT Caleb Banks 6-6 320 rsSo *** - Louisville Xfer-In
DL Nicolas Flynn 6-2 285 rsSo - PWO
#8 DL Brien Taylor 6-6 270 So - JuCo xfer-in
#7 DL Will Norman 6-4 300 rsFr (4 Gms) ****
#29 DL Gavin Hill 6-3 255 rsFr ****

DL Andre Morris 6-3 320 rsFr - PWO
DL Connor Homa 6-2 325 rsFr - WO
-----
NT Desmond Watson 6-5 435 Sr
NT Sebastian Scott 6-2 375 rsFr - WO
#111 NT Michai Boireau 6-5 390 *** Fr

So we got whipped by 7 of our conference foes plus Miami and FSU in the recruiting rankings. Napier better ace the portal or he is as good as gone after 2024. Hopefully we can keep Lagway if he is canned.
JMO as an outsider, but it doesn’t seem as though Napier and staff have picked up any real difference makers through the portal. Granted I don’t track the roster movements like you guys do, but if y’all had picked up some really good players I would have expected y’all to mention that on this board, and haven’t seen much to suggest that’s the case.

Ole Miss and Kiffen are fvcking killing it in the portal; leaving everyone else in the dust. UK has managed to get a few good players to upgrade our roster. Apart from a second string DL, the guys we lost to the portal weren’t going to play anyway.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
JMO as an outsider, but it doesn’t seem as though Napier and staff have picked up any real difference makers through the portal. Granted I don’t track the roster movements like you guys do, but if y’all had picked up some really good players I would have expected y’all to mention that on this board, and haven’t seen much to suggest that’s the case.

Ole Miss and Kiffen are fvcking killing it in the portal; leaving everyone else in the dust. UK has managed to get a few good players to upgrade our roster. Apart from a second string DL, the guys we lost to the portal weren’t going to play anyway.

Slackman is our only good SEC level pickup if the portal rankings are any indication. The O lineman we got is probably better than our current RT but isn't real good SEC starter material if the rankings are correct on him. KY is doing a lot better than us with that so far.

Slackman is our only good SEC level pickup if the portal rankings are any indication. The O lineman we got is probably better than our current RT but isn't real good SEC starter material if the rankings are correct on him. KY is doing a lot better than us with that so far.
“Currently better than our RT” that means he could be slightly better than a cadaver.

I forgot to mention that we lost a set of twin brothers to Colorado via the portal. The one brother (Keaton) was a potential starter on our defense, kind of a hybrid DE/OLB. He'll be missed but we'll survive. The other brother (Destin) aspires to be a QB. Stoops let him start and play into the 4th Qtr of our bowl game with Iowa last year. The results were disastrous - two pick sixes, and barely got across midfield.

There was a lot of social media drama with their parents after the season was over. It was obvious the one kid was not going to see the field as a QB....... so they transfer to Colorado so he can ride the bench behind Coach Prime's son. He probably could play at another position but he insists on being a QB. His brother will probably challenge for a starting spot on their defense. Just the downfall of having one twin better than the other.

Napier hasn't done much in the portal. He didn't do much last year either. Even after the defections we still are slated to bring back 17 starters. But we are in desperate need of oline and dline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT