ADVERTISEMENT

This is an arms race

rhavill

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2008
I love me some Dan Mullen. But the dude checked out. It’s time for Gator Nation to capitalize on this current opportunity. Choosing the right coach is probably the most important piece, but just one piece. If we want a championship level program we must:

1. Hire the right coach and be willing to shell out the cash.
2. Invest in the top recruiting infrastructure in the country. Look at what Bama, Georgia and OSU are doing and take it to the next level. Don’t settle for a tie.
3. Invest in state of the art strength and conditioning program. Savage is average to good. We need the best in the country. Bama has the best now. Blow them out of the water..
4. Invest in the best facilities in the country. Look at what’s out there and expand and improve upon it.
5. Invest in the right assistant coaches. Pay them what they are worth. Create an environment where assistants being promoted to head coaches is the norm. Position coaches should be talented enough to step in as coordinators. There should be competition within the staff. Don’t settle for OK guys from USF.
6. Hire more analysts! Our defense has done a horrible job of recognizing formations and tendencies. Analysts should also be talented enough to step into a position coaches spot if needed.

I’m disappointed things have worked out the way they did with Mullen. It had to be done in order to be a part of the current arms race.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News