ADVERTISEMENT

The OFFICIAL Gator Fever Intervention Thread...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Alright...sadgator is gonna man up and do and say what we all know must be done. This isn’t gonna be easy for any of us, but we must address it out in the open for the benefit your well-being and the benefit of the entire Board...

Dude...dude...what the fvck has happened to you?!?!?

You were such a valuable and trusted partner in arms. You were one of us. You were our brother in Orange and Blue. We fought side by side in the Battle of Mus-Tard Hill. We battled shoulder to shoulder in the MacEllian Wars. We won!!! We made it to the promised land!

And now look at you. (Go actually look in the mirror). You are acting like a sad Sam; a sober sack!

We are just over three weeks away from the most exciting and promising football season we have had in almost a decade, and what are you doing? Bitchin’ about recruiting when you should be rinsing out your cooler!!!!!! Your friends and loved ones can’t stand to be around you anymore. We are disgusted and helpless watching you engage in this self-destuctive behavior. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For your own good, sadgator is gonna force you to say something positive about Florida or the team. sadgator doesn’t care what it is...

Shots at the Porpoise, err, Copper Monkey, err, Alan’s Cubana, err Salty Dog
Krishna Lunches
The Fries
The Two Bits Cheer
The Dazzlers
The Gator Walk
The Emory and Henry
The slow wave
The post game Bobbleheads
Hell, sadgator will even give you the stupid ass “money down” if you like...

What is it? Give us something. What do you love about UF or UF Football. Say it. Say it again! Say it louder!

Come back to the light! Save yourself. Dig deep down and join us in our celebration of finally having a real coach again. Mullen is gonna kick ass! Great times are right in front of us...but you just gotta believe!

Last edited:
He's been burnt by Muschamp and Macencheese, it's the M in Mullen that he doesn't trust. Come to think of it Meyer,Muschamp, Macencheese and now Mullen. I smell a conspiracy brewing, or he just isn't impressed with our current recruiting.

Give it time, Mullen is an offensive whiz. Guys will be lining up to play for him soon enough.

Make him switch from criminole alum clown-U sponsored rivals recruiting pied-pipers, to the professionals at ESPN,,, before it's too late for him. o_O (the cliff awaits the lemmings) :eek:

I look forward to the season even though I don't think there is too much possibility of it being better than 8-4. Not sure I will be that mad if Franks messes up a lot because that will at least set us up better for next season at that position if Jones gets to play later in the season. I will be rooting for my Gators like I always do and will just hope Mullen can pull in a good 2020 class so this doesn't end up like the last 2 coaches here.

Reactions: rdgtr
Mullen and staff have NO CHANCE for a highly rated 2019 class,,, because ALL of the highly ratged players are already committed to AL-UGA-OK-aTm-etc... o_O --- As if rating and stars were the 'last word' in player quality over a 4 year college career... :rolleyes:

Rivals Top 50's that are still on the Undecided List:

2. OL Darnell Wright *****
4. DE Kayvon Thibodeaux *****
5. Ath Quavaris Crouch *****
7. Ath Bru McCoy *****
8. RB Trey Sanders *****
9. DT Ishmael Sopsher *****
10. OL Clay Webb *****
17. SDE Zach Harrison *****
21. FS Daxton Hill *****
-----
24. ILB Nakobe Dean ****
28. APB Mark-Antony Richards ****
44. Ath Devonta Lee ****
45. OT Evan Neal ****
49. RB Noah Cain ****
50. WDE Khris Bogle ****

And besides those uncommitted, as we all know, nobody ever changes their mind or flips their commit..... :cool:

Reactions: rdgtr
I look forward to the season even though I don't think there is too much possibility of it being better than 8-4. Not sure I will be that mad if Franks messes up a lot because that will at least set us up better for next season at that position if Jones gets to play later in the season. I will be rooting for my Gators like I always do and will just hope Mullen can pull in a good 2020 class so this doesn't end up like the last 2 coaches here.

8-4 is not a bad first season for any coach in the SEC.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
As a Nole lurker, I have to say GF has taken the mantle away from insta tator as my favorite poster. His relentless negativity kills me.

In his defense, I understand. There comes a time is some fans life when they are convinced shit ain't never gonna get better.

I lived through Jeff Bowden so believe me, I know pain.

I think I will take a few days off the recruiting stuff and just worry about the QB situation this year...That is stressful enough...:(

Well duh. EVERYONE (okay who knows about insta) is worried immediately about that, because we've sucked there for damn near a decade and there's problems.

1) a guy who seems to be an idiot and maxed most of his potential (and it's basically his ability to throw the deep ball)

2) A career backup who's a boy scout....yay....

3) a true freshman

The QB situation is he biggest question that needs to be answered.

It just sucks we got this rather favorable schedule at a time we can't fully take advantage of it probably.
motivator3593515nh2.jpg

Reactions: RHT 3
Well duh. EVERYONE (okay who knows about insta) is worried immediately about that, because we've sucked there for damn near a decade and there's problems.

1) a guy who seems to be an idiot and maxed most of his potential (and it's basically his ability to throw the deep ball)

2) A career backup who's a boy scout....yay....

3) a true freshman

The QB situation is he biggest question that needs to be answered.
Most important position on the field and yes, we haven't had anybody besides Grier, who left way to early, that can hit recyeiver in route or throw the ball deep. Good thing butter teeth donkey guy is gone. Mullen is going to get us scoring points again...just going to take a while. QB isn't going to be pretty this year but we are in way better hands.

What is it about UF and FSU QBs? They don't survive at our schools (for whatever reason), but then go on to find success elsewhere...Coker, Brissett, Trickett, Grier, ...heck, an FSU QB has starred in 3 Last Chance Us. Geesh.

What is it about UF and FSU QBs? They don't survive at our schools (for whatever reason), but then go on to find success elsewhere...Coker, Brissett, Trickett, Grier, ...heck, an FSU QB has starred in 3 Last Chance Us. Geesh.

Grier is good but any decent QB at West Virginia is going to have huge numbers with that OC that is there now. I think the guy's QBs are always right at the top in passing numbers where he has been the OC. I still don't see them winning the Big 12 like some experts think they can because that reliance on the passing game puts too much pressure on a defense - especially one that isn't real good. I think the reason they were an Oklahoma win away from winning the Big 12 prior to Grier and that OC's arrival is that QB ran it some and they had longer possessions not stressing their defense as much.

You guys had Mr. Publix this decade, and Francois who looked good until his injury. We had a guy who is looking like a first round pick transfer to freaking West Virginia because of a suspension. I don't put us in the same boat at all. The angry beaver chose to turn us into the landing spot of failed or replaced QBs after losing Grier. You would think we were Florida Atlantic, with his inability to recruit a guy that could throw a ball accurately further than five yards.

Like Miranda Lambert says, It's takes all kinds of kinds and Fever is just expressing a viewpoint that represents a concern some Gators have. I've heard the same pessimism from people who don't post, so he's not alone - just a minority. The last 8+ years have been tough on Gators everywhere. He's still one of us because Gator Nation has a big tent.

Reactions: EvilWayz

John Franklin! Boy aubarn thought they had landed their Heisman QB as soon as he arrived on campus. Think he lasted one season and was immediately moved to WR.

Like Miranda Lambert says, It's takes all kinds of kinds and Fever is just expressing a viewpoint that represents a concern some Gators have. I've heard the same pessimism from people who don't post, so he's not alone - just a minority. The last 8+ years have been tough on Gators everywhere. He's still one of us because Gator Nation has a big tent.
Agree. However, the problem with Fever is that he refuses to look at any positive and focuses exclusively on the negative things related to Mullen. He is literally pissing on our brand new ice cream cone before we even get to take a lick. It is unfair negativity. Dudes like Fever need to listen to the latest Dooley Noted podcast. Listen to what Pat and Steve say about Mullen and all the positive things happening under him. You have to acknowledge that a ton of good has come out of the Mullen hire, and you have to give him a chance to show you his stuff.

https://omny.fm/shows/dooley-noted/...und=edeef5&background=0021a5&highlight=fa4616

Agree. However, the problem with Fever is that he refuses to look at any positive and focuses exclusively on the negative things related to Mullen. He is literally pissing on our brand new ice cream cone before we even get to take a lick. It is unfair negativity. Dudes like Fever need to listen to the latest Dooley Noted podcast. Listen to what Pat and Steve say about Mullen and all the positive things happening under him. You have to acknowledge that a ton of good has come out of the Mullen hire, and you have to give him a chance to show you his stuff.

https://omny.fm/shows/dooley-noted/...und=edeef5&background=0021a5&highlight=fa4616
Understand what you're saying and personally am very optimistic about the future under Mullen. But he's got his work cut out for him, as the pressure from some is almost unrealistic. The players have talked about the attitude being much better and the S & C being like night and day over the previous regime. But I can, also, understand the skepticism. The QB issue may hold back the overall team performance for awhile, even though improvement at WR, quality depth at RB and better O-line play, combined with better play calling could result in more wins that most expect. In the meantime, maybe Fever can get his spirits lifted by looking at these pics:
laura-rutledge-14.jpg

laura-rutledge-7.jpg

laura-rutledge-4.jpg

laura-rutledge-3.jpg

Understand what you're saying and personally am very optimistic about the future under Mullen. But he's got his work cut out for him, as the pressure from some is almost unrealistic. The players have talked about the attitude being much better and the S & C being like night and day over the previous regime. But I can, also, understand the skepticism. The QB issue may hold back the overall team performance for awhile, even though improvement at WR, quality depth at RB and better O-line play, combined with better play calling could result in more wins that most expect. In the meantime, maybe Fever can get his spirits lifted by looking at these pics:
laura-rutledge-14.jpg

laura-rutledge-7.jpg

laura-rutledge-4.jpg

laura-rutledge-3.jpg
sadgator would like to give LR an intervention.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Lol alaska being clueless as usual

Grier is good but any decent QB at West Virginia is going to have huge numbers with that OC that is there now. I think the guy's QBs are always right at the top in passing numbers where he has been the OC. I still don't see them winning the Big 12 like some experts think they can because that reliance on the passing game puts too much pressure on a defense - especially one that isn't real good. I think the reason they were an Oklahoma win away from winning the Big 12 prior to Grier and that OC's arrival is that QB ran it some and they had longer possessions not stressing their defense as much.
I don't disagree. High passing offense against traditionally soft defenses in the Big 12. Trickett found similar success at West Virginia. Just interesting regarding the attrition rate at both schools and these kids wind up else where. Hell, even Driskol found success in his sole season at Louisiana Tech. Didn't he pass for over 4K yards?

You guys had Mr. Publix this decade, and Francois who looked good until his injury. We had a guy who is looking like a first round pick transfer to freaking West Virginia because of a suspension. I don't put us in the same boat at all. The angry beaver chose to turn us into the landing spot of failed or replaced QBs after losing Grier. You would think we were Florida Atlantic, with his inability to recruit a guy that could throw a ball accurately further than five yards.

I'd expand your time span...Driskol found success at LA Tech, Brissett at NC ST, Grier at West Virginia. Clearly coaching was an issue (with the exception of Grier...which was horse $hit).

Forgot about Franklin getting moved to WR...didn't he transfer again back to FL somewhere?

Last edited:
I don't disagree. High passing offense against traditionally soft defenses in the Big 12. Trickett found similar success at West Virginia. Just interesting regarding the attrition rate at both schools and these kids wind up else where. Hell, even Driskol found success in his sole season at Louisiana Tech. Didn't he pass for over 4K yards?

Yes he did. The coach did a good job keeping it pretty basic for him. They are another one that throws for a ton most years. I think Brissett had way more potential than Driskel myself. Muschamp just seemed content to keep Driskel in there in 2012 despite his struggles. Maybe because we were winning in spite of him.

I'd open our time span...Driskol found success at LA Tech, Brissett at NC ST, Grier at West Virginia. Clearly coaching was an issue (with the exception of Grier...which was horse $hit).

Forgot about Franklin getting moved to WR...didn't he transfer again back to FL somewhere?

My point was that FSU is in now way comparable to Florida as it pertains to transfers. This decade we have had horse manure as it is when you describe our QB play. Newton won a Heisman and N.C, was the number 1 pick and a MVP winner.

Driskel was garbage under Muschamp, looks like he might be a backup in Cincy. Brisett started a few games the last couple years for Indy and New England. Trier is putting up really good numbers at West Virginia.

FSU lost who that compares to that list? Add in the facts you guys have a Heisman winner, Francois and even Blackmon who settled in nicely. It's not even close when it comes to success and transfer losses. You guys have tomahawked us since Urban Left.

My point was that FSU is in now way comparable to Florida as it pertains to transfers. This decade we have had horse manure as it is when you describe our QB play. Newton won a Heisman and N.C, was the number 1 pick and a MVP winner.

Driskel was garbage under Muschamp, looks like he might be a backup in Cincy. Brisett started a few games the last couple years for Indy and New England. Trier is putting up really good numbers at West Virginia.

FSU lost who that compares to that list? Add in the facts you guys have a Heisman winner, Francois and even Blackmon who settled in nicely. It's not even close when it comes to success and transfer losses. You guys have tomahawked us since Urban Left.
Again, I don't disagree...wasn't even trying to compare (good or bad). Just found it interesting that both teams have lost QBs that did well elsewhere. Coker won a MNC at Bama...I also forgot about Newton. Wow! Your QBs really have shined with better coaching.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Again, I don't disagree...wasn't even trying to compare (good or bad). Just found it interesting that both teams have lost QBs that did well elsewhere. Coker won a MNC at Bama...I also forgot about Newton. Wow! Your QBs really have shined with better coaching.

For what it's worth, I think that list stops with our current coach. Franks could be a candidate to join if he doesn't improve, then again if Mullen can't improve his play , I don't know who can.

I'd expand your time span...Driskol found success at LA Tech, Brissett at NC ST, Grier at West Virginia. Clearly coaching was an issue (with the exception of Grier...which was horse $hit).

Tyler Murphy as well.

Hell watch Jake Allen light it up somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT