ADVERTISEMENT

The Michi Thread

Dannygator1989

Bull Gator
Feb 28, 2005
This thread is just for Michi.

Any of the usual things he wants to be snide about can go right here for everyone to see.

I'll help get it started.

This will be the year Mac is forced to change coordinators in my opinion. Because of the way we have played in our last 8-10 games, there will be some heat on him barring us finishing really strong this year

If this year turns ugly I can see Mac being out after year 3, especially with no Folly to protect him. I mean he is damn near Muschamp with an offensive background

I was comparing their success as head coaches at UF, not their offenses. As ghost repeatedly pointed out last year, Mac's 2015 is no different than Chump's 2012, in fact the way we ended it was probably less impressive.

Mac, Nuss, Muschamp all have the same stoneage offensive philosophy and Mac will not have the OL or defense to play that way while he is here and be successful doing so.

My only point was I can see a scenario where he does not get his 4th year. One, we have been mediocre too long, two, he isn't the "offense" that Folly promised, three, he is an average recruiter. I mean if we were to lose to UGa and F$U somehow, he would be the first coach in how long to lose to all 3 in one season? Pre-Spurrier? Amd we are going to open next season with an asskicking by Michigan, so how exactly does anyone see him surviving?

I just don't know why it is so hard for people to see what we have. There is no innovation on offense, the recruiting is mediocre, we have not taken steps to improve the OL, we take carries away from Scarlett and Perine to eatch Thompson run into the line and fail everytime. This just isn't the answer to dig us out of this hole, and it never was.

Well, I couldn't do worse than Foley now could I. I would just never have gone back to the Saban-ites after the first one flopped so bad. But Foley has a strange onsession with him.

And no, I would not have hired Tom Herman at the time, but I would can this entire staff tomorrow if I thought we had a shot at him.

Yes, 11-2 with a BCS bowl and a win over runner-up Oregon sucks. Amd that was two years ago, at ARIZONA. I would take his offense over this shit heap Mac and Nuss put on the field anyday

The one bright spot is someone other than Foley will ne making the next hire

By your definition if RRs time is over, Mac hasn't had a time

I was a huge Scarlett guy frim day one. Only to be told by the masses he wouldn't ever be the guy.

Its Mac's philosophy that holds him back. We will not be elite playing game managers and with the BS play calling we saw in the second half against UTn.

I think Gus would do very well at UF.

And as for hiring the right or wrong guy I think.that os determined by expectation. We don't have a coach of National Title caliber. If you like 9-3 and an occasiknal trip to Atlanta to get a beating by the SECw he is probably your guy.

So Tennessee beat is, Vandy gave us all we could handle but we should expect a trip to Arkansas to be an easy win, OK?!?!?!?!?

Doesn't matter who is playing if your coaching staff is average and your philosophy is outdated.

Wait until next year when we take two steps back on D and watch LDR try to keep up.

I'll say this, Mac teally needs to finish this year well, because I think next year will be inevitably ugly

Nuss and our game manager are foing to show Harbaugh whats up

Why are we attempting to compare a likely NFL QB to a n average game manager? I don't care what the numbers say, anyone who thinks these two are comparable is nuts.

If you are right, Mac may be in trouble by the end of next year

Lets answer the only question that matters, is Franks mobile???

I agree that Jimbo is a very average head coach. But that also proves the importance of recruiting as he has a NC and a playoff appearance off recruiting alone.

Add to it that the two beat recruiters in the country have what, 7 or 8 of the last 10 National Titles. To be elite you have to get in the top 5 more often than not. Or have Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh or Chip Kelly as your HBC. And what is worse for us is the 10-12 teams in front of us are mostly teams we are in direct competition with in recruiting and on the field.

Mac cannot get us to the top recruiting as poorly in Florida as he does.

Yes. But this does not mean average recruiting will lead to elite teams. It does mean that elite recruiting alone isn't enough. But if Big Eddie beats us with LSU that will tell you either recruiting is very important or Big Eddie O is a better coach than Mac?

ALL Saban assitants are alike I guess

I hope he gets fired Monday

Nice 4 yd route on the 3rd and 7. Is Brent Pease back?

LDR needs to grab a clipboard and do what he does best. Watch from the sideline

Then we need to get one in ASAP. I mean its not like throwing a first time starter out there against Michigan next year is going to get year three off on the right foot.

Glad we finally have a QB who can feel the pressure

As mich of a mess as Mac inherited, I was nothing compared to what Charlie got. He was handed a MAC roster, if that. Add to it I think he dismissed something like 8 players from the team right away.

DT Jordan Scott decommitted. Not sure he was of the caliber we wanted as he is saying he wants to visit Mennesota, but a deinite position of need.

Also, our only OL committ Telfort names his top 5 recently. So, not sold he is on board either. Sounds like Richt may pull him away.

Can we keep the Danny-Insta battle in one thread?

Win by 30??? We can't wven score 30.....lol

Michi's night shirt...

17716323.png

"Let's answer the only question that matters, is Franks mobile???"

LMAO. :D

so did 37 other teams that year because everyone lost, like they did to 3-9 pitt at home to go to the championship instead of playing a conference championship game, they also got blown out by USF that year...

Reactions: TennesseeGator
so did 37 other teams that year because everyone lost, like they did to 3-9 pitt at home to go to the championship instead of playing a conference championship game, they also got blown out by USF that year...

Please notify me when Mac hits #2 with Floridas recruiting base and resources and pathetic SECe. You know, like Spurrier and Meyer did routinely. Thanks.

how is something from 9 years ago directly linked to the Gator coach

This program is about to hit lows not even you old guys have seen in your lifetime, this staff is over with and now you have to find someone else.. there's no question about that in any way

Reactions: seffnergator
You guys are pretty worked up today...how much more will the torch be turned up next week when Muschamp wins in the Swamp?

"You guys are pretty worked up today...how much more will the torch be turned up next week when Muschamp wins in the Swamp?"

Try to stay focused on the task at hand....namely NC State

Since this is the Michi thread:

I really think the stars might be aligning for Chip Kelly to UF. Does anyone think he wants to stick around and try to rebuild that awful SF team? And of the big NCAA jobs available, it looks like LSU is going to keep Orgeron and Texas is probably going to keep Strong or hire Herman. Kelly at Texas seems like kind of a strange fit anyway. UF could pay Kelly, offer him a limitless talent pool of speed and a terrible division where any competent coach at a big name program should be able to get themselves into a one-game playoff for the BCS.

As a general rule, I agree you don't fire someone after two years. But if there's a coach available and interested that you KNOW is a substantial upgrade, and here I think I include Kelly and Herman, I would pull the trigger.

Since this is the Michi thread:

I really think the stars might be aligning for Chip Kelly to UF. Does anyone think he wants to stick around and try to rebuild that awful SF team? And of the big NCAA jobs available, it looks like LSU is going to keep Orgeron and Texas is probably going to keep Strong or hire Herman. Kelly at Texas seems like kind of a strange fit anyway. UF could pay Kelly, offer him a limitless talent pool of speed and a terrible division where any competent coach at a big name program should be able to get themselves into a one-game playoff for the BCS.

As a general rule, I agree you don't fire someone after two years. But if there's a coach available and interested that you KNOW is a substantial upgrade, and here I think I include Kelly and Herman, I would pull the trigger.

Chip Kelly would run the East in year two, if not year one

and if he recruited defense just by default because of who we are... we would be ****ing people up by year two guaranteed, Chip Kelly to Florida would be a nightmare for our rivals and the rest of the country in all reality... I'd be all for it now

This program is about to hit lows not even you old guys have seen in your lifetime, this staff is over with and now you have to find someone else.. there's no question about that in any way
I was around for 0-10-1 in 1979. Can't imagine it could go worse than that!!

Reactions: GatorGray
I know he won't, that's the problem we can all be honest here now... we've seen this before and too many times now at UF recently... we all know this will not work long term or get us where we need to be unless he makes drastic changes with coordinators and even THEN a young QB being either a redshirt fresh, a true sophomore or a true freshman would have to save his ass IMMEDIATELY.. and since we don't see him detaching from the hip of his buddy Nuss and still needing a better DC to work immediately as well with a derailing defense talent wise being lost to the draft... WHILE ailing badly in recruiting? hell nah man, he won't win here, at least not the way we have to win at a football school.. and now there's a new AD in charge of watching this shit show that he didn't hire or cause... A guy like Chip kelly is as realistic as ever to UF in my eyes

I know he won't, that's the problem we can all be honest here now... we've seen this before and too many times now at UF recently... we all know this will not work long term or get us where we need to be unless he makes drastic changes with coordinators and even THEN a young QB being either a redshirt fresh, a true sophomore or a true freshman would have to save his ass IMMEDIATELY.. and since we don't see him detaching from the hip of his buddy Nuss and still needing a better DC to work immediately as well with a derailing defense talent wise being lost to the draft... WHILE ailing badly in recruiting? hell nah man, he won't win here, at least not the way we have to win at a football school.. and now there's a new AD in charge of watching this shit show that he didn't hire or cause... A guy like Chip kelly is as realistic as ever to UF in my eyes
I am not trying to imply that Mac is the answer, just wait until next year when the defense is gone, we could be looking at a 5 win season, but what I am saying is that he is not going to get fired after this season. No way that will happen unless he shoots somebody.

I am not trying to imply that Mac is the answer, just wait until next year when the defense is gone, we could be looking at a 5 win season, but what I am saying is that he is not going to get fired after this season. No way that will happen unless he shoots somebody.

Not that I disagree but it is such a stupid philosophy to keep him because some dumb unwritten rule only to fire him by mid-October next year. Stupid. This year has some nice choices to choose from. My only hope of us doing the unthinkable was hearing Foley isn't happy with him and he is not real popular in the athletic department. And the fact we are going to be terrible next year too

Oregon sucks right now. What about Kelly going back there or did he burn that bridge?

Ordinarily I agree it's bad business to fire a guy after two years, and it's definitely not fair to the coach. But if you have an opportunity to hire a can't miss coach, you've got to pull the trigger. As we have seen, there's only about a half dozen of them and opportunities to hire them are extremely rare.

It may work out next year, if Kelly decides to stick it out in SF for another year. But that situation is headed downhill in a hurry.

Ordinarily I agree it's bad business to fire a guy after two years, and it's definitely not fair to the coach. But if you have an opportunity to hire a can't miss coach, you've got to pull the trigger. As we have seen, there's only about a half dozen of them and opportunities to hire them are extremely rare.

It may work out next year, if Kelly decides to stick it out in SF for another year. But that situation is headed downhill in a hurry.

This year offers possibly Chip Kelly and Tom Herman. A tier down is Larry Fedora, PJ Fleck and a few others. This would be a goodnyear to be searching, rather than October of next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT