ADVERTISEMENT

The best fed chair we ever had

It was the rise of progressivism and including Krugman's MMT.

Now, and I used to be a heavy Laffler early 1980s Supply Sider (I am still, but using very different mechanics, not tax cuts per se), but cutting taxes on business does not automatically replace all of the revenue. Heavy deficits crush economies.

So in the first administration, Trump, and you are right on this, is a spender first, is overly comfortable with debts and was further fueled by Kudlow and Laffler. Any honest person would agree with this.

Now - on the left, when you have Krugman convincing low information (but intelligent) voters on the NYT that "defecits to not matter" when you are the fiat currency, and heavy spend on defense (republicans but increasingly now globalist democrats) and of course exploding social programs further exacertbated by Covid spending pushed and used as a political cudgel by Pelosi (only McConnell stood as a voice of reason), then you have the 35T debacle that we have.

I agree though - Powell and Fed have done well.

You know who will castigate Powell this week on the Hill? Not the right, but the left and people like Elizabeth Warren.

Reactions: nail1988
...and MDF, I politely "challenge" you to respond with data points and well reasoned opinions and not F5 keyboard taunts such as "Sheep, etc.". Doing that is the basis of enlightened democracy.
You didn’t answer the question posed, I am trying to be nice but you just wrote a couple of paragraphs of pure gibberish.

I don’t mind if you’re a fiscal liberal, that’s your right, what I mind is you pretending that you’re not. @fatman76 and the rest of you stimi loving commies need to come out of the closet. You’re not fooling anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76
You didn’t answer the question posed, I am trying to be nice but you just wrote a couple of paragraphs of pure gibberish.
I did - I said progressivism.

It was hardly gibberish. I also said that Trump did not help himself here and went into the reasons why including his own past and who he had as economic advisors at the time. I then went back to Krugman and how the left has made the problem exponentially harder so that Powell has had a 35T debt and monetary problem to deal with.

I then agreed with your point.

You devolved again into calling something "gibberish" and calling me a "fiscal liberal" and saying that I am "pretending". You call me a "stimi loving communist".

So, you make four inflammatory comments on me when I answer your question in good faith. You may not agree with it - fine. In no place did I call you what others do on this board, and I will not repeat here.

Unfortunately, every exchange is the same. My greatest fault was hoping that you would engage in a reasonable exchange as I have with Kalim, Goldmom and others.

Back to Ignore.

I did - I said progressivism.

It was hardly gibberish. I also said that Trump did not help himself here and went into the reasons why including his own past and who he had as economic advisors at the time. I then went back to Krugman and how the left has made the problem exponentially harder so that Powell has had a 35T debt and monetary problem to deal with.

I then agreed with your point.

You devolved again into calling something "gibberish" and calling me a "fiscal liberal" and saying that I am "pretending". You call me a "stimi loving communist".

So, you make four inflammatory comments on me when I answer your question in good faith. You may not agree with it - fine. In no place did I call you what others do on this board, and I will not repeat here.

Unfortunately, every exchange is the same. My greatest fault was hoping that you would engage in a reasonable exchange as I have with Kalim, Goldmom and others.

Back to Ignore.
I do t consider you a Trumpanzee so you are not in the fiscal liberal comment. Volker said that because of how bananas liberal Trump was and was protecting the current Feds independence. It was an easy question my man.

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT