ADVERTISEMENT

Teams not going to the white house

Says the white guy.
Many of the claims people behind this movement make are hardly proven fact. Many black athletes and their supporters would say the Trayvon Martin case was an example of racial inequality. I would say that was highly debatable at best.

I personally think Trayvon Martin likely started the physical confrontation after becoming upset about the guy following him, so the case turned out exactly like it should have

Reactions: fsu939913
Facts are not racially biased. Facts are that whites are killed by more cops than blk guys. Facts are that blk guys are much more likely to committ crimes than white guys. You want me to care about the 16 blk guys who were killed by police this yr?

How about the 40k killed by cars? Or the 11 teens who die a day for texting and driving? Or the thousands murdered in chicago every yr. They are making a mole hill into a mountain and it has NOTHING to do with race for me, its factually, a very very very small percent compared to other things but YOU ARE TOLD TO CARE only because they are blk. Name one white guy who was killed by cops this yr? Is your mind drawing a blank? Want to know why? The news wont report it. They know that no one will care. Its not catchy, its not mouth dropping enough, but if you claim racism, that is a hot topic
You can disagree but you mouth breathers who dont understand the first thing about how things work are always the first to jump on something and have zero facts to back it up. Not to get religous, but i dont personally like religion, i dont like that Trump pushes that but he has done great things so far and im not going to a protest and destroying a town becuz of it. The best thing ever is to ask a trump hater to say things that they like that he has done. They wont admit that he did one thing right. Its brainwashing
You can disagree but you mouth breathers who dont understand the first thing about how things work are always the first to jump on something and have zero facts to back it up. Not to get religous, but i dont personally like religion, i dont like that Trump pushes that but he has done great things so far and im not going to a protest and destroying a town becuz of it. The best thing ever is to ask a trump hater to say things that they like that he has done. They wont admit that he did one thing right. Its brainwashing

“Who don’t understand the first thing about how things work” hahha because from your post you have sure demonstrated a fully in-depth knowledge of “how things work”.

“Who don’t understand the first thing about how things work” hahha because from your post you have sure demonstrated a fully in-depth knowledge of “how things work”.

Baaaaahhhhh little sheepy baaaaahhhhh

PS

The Eagles (NFL buzzards) are the ONLY CHAMPIONSHIP team to not go to the White House over the past 2 years.:cool:

Golden State didn't last year, did they? And from the sound of it, whichever NBA teams wins this year also plans to not go?

I'm not going through all of this - but are you talking about absolute numbers? Do you know how statistics work?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/
those numbers by themselves still dont prove as much as black and liberal thinks

White people generally have a more favorable view of the police and are more likely to be cooperative with them

Blacks have a more unfavorable view of the police and are more likely to be hostile toward them.

Take a wild guess which group is more likely to get shot

those numbers by themselves still dont prove as much as black and liberal thinks

White people generally have a more favorable view of the police and are more likely to be cooperative with them

Blacks have a more unfavorable view of the police and are more likely to be hostile toward them.

Take a wild guess which group is more likely to get shot

A) link?
B) if this is in response to the links I posted, how is it disputing the data?

You need a link to know white people have a more favorable view of the police ? Just turn on your radio, tv, or go outside.

You need a link to know white people have a more favorable view of the police ? Just turn on your radio, tv, or go outside.

No - but you made more than just that claim.

Also - can you think of a reason why blacks might have a more fearful/unfavorable view of police?

No - but you made more than just that claim.

Also - can you think of a reason why blacks might have a more fearful/unfavorable view of police?

Because a lot of them grow up in bad neighborhoods with a lot of crime and it's that same crime that they see as a way to survive and get ahead from a young age.

At the same time, thy see their fathers and friends go to jail or have confrontations with cops, and general dicussion of how cops are out to get them (because they are) so it slants their world view.

I have a couple of employees that are devout, snake handling Holiness members. Hardcore beliefs. Power of prayer over medical attention, women shouldn't have jobs, sports are a no-no, facial hair is frowned upon if you trim it because that's a show of vanity, and showing skin is unacceptable...so it's long sleeve shirts and pants if you go swimming (you generally don't). What else? Oh, they home school their children and their only interaction with other people is with people within the church community. Their children are 18, don't have a drivers license, have no intention of getting one, don't listen to secular music, and are incredibly naive and slanted in their world views.

They will grow up to be horribly ill-adjusted people in society unless they break out of the cycle (and even then might be difficult).

Thy have ridiculous biases based on their upbringing and what they've been taught and overheard.

Sorry if I'm not going to take their opinion very seriously on most issues.

Same goes for kids that grow up in the ghetto and have a biased paranoia against law enforcement.

Blacks have more fear because of stories of police brutality, but that doesn't mean those stories are always true.

Going back to the Micheal Brown case. An Obama appointed United States Justice Department says several black witnesses lied about the events that took place in an effort to portray Micheal Brown as innocent victim of the police

I'm not going through all of this - but are you talking about absolute numbers? Do you know how statistics work?

So my fact still stands. Whites are killed more. Blks are more likely to committ crimes so cops actually interact with more blks than whites, overall percentage means nothing(i have no idea why that is even brought up), blks do more wrong, so they get interacted with more and whites STILL get killed more. People apply statistics in the dumbest ways, they never use context and that is what people do when they use the "there are more whites than blks so statistically speaking, blks get killed at a much higher rate". That is false because the overall population 8s irrelevant in the argument, its about interactions and there are more interactions with blks and cops and than whites and cops. I realize you guys just repeat what u hear on tv and take it as fact but actually critically think for once in ur life. Dont try to hunt and article, just think

So my fact still stands. Whites are killed more. Blks are more likely to committ crimes so cops actually interact with more blks than whites, overall percentage means nothing(i have no idea why that is even brought up), blks do more wrong, so they get interacted with more and whites STILL get killed more. People apply statistics in the dumbest ways, they never use context and that is what people do when they use the "there are more whites than blks so statistically speaking, blks get killed at a much higher rate". That is false because the overall population 8s irrelevant in the argument, its about interactions and there are more interactions with blks and cops and than whites and cops. I realize you guys just repeat what u hear on tv and take it as fact but actually critically think for once in ur life. Dont try to hunt and article, just think
So you don’t know how statistics work.

Cool. Thanks.

I'll try to stay out of the mud slinging and name calling.

Players have the right to protest however they want.

The NFL is a private company and can essentially punish those players however they want, or not at all

I don't like the President, regardless of party, telling private companies how they should act. It's not a governmental issue so stay out of it and people will figure a way forward.

For some reason if you are talented at one thing, you think others care about your thoughts on another matter. Celebrities make a huge mistake when they think being popular also means that the public cares what you think...most of the time, just do your first job really well and that's enough.

Protesting in this way is a bad idea because it irritates a large swath of Americans - you are pissing off the very people who you need for support. There's very few symbols in America that we can all rally around and protesting in this way is going to rub a majority of people the wrong way. Lastly it's just poor form. We expect athletes to show a certain level of respect, even standing for other country's anthems. Just because you stand while Cuba's anthem is playing doesn't mean you agree with their communist vision of the world. Be a little respectful.

2 cents

Cool. Thanks.

Lol jesus... I explained in plain detail why these statistics are wrong. You are not applying the stats correctly. Re read my post. It amazes me when people like u who cant understand such a basic concept always have an opinion. Again...CRITICALLY THINK. You think everything is blk and white(pun intended) and its not. There are tons of gray areas, dont be basic. Think for yourself.

The NFL is a private company and can essentially punish those players however they want, or not at all

I don't like the President, regardless of party, telling private companies how they should act. It's not a governmental issue so stay out of it and people will figure a way forward.

For some reason if you are talented at one thing, you think others care about your thoughts on another matter. Celebrities make a huge mistake when they think being popular also means that the public cares what you think...most of the time, just do your first job really well and that's enough.

Protesting in this way is a bad idea because it irritates a large swath of Americans - you are pissing off the very people who you need for support. There's very few symbols in America that we can all rally around and protesting in this way is going to rub a majority of people the wrong way. Lastly it's just poor form. We expect athletes to show a certain level of respect, even standing for other country's anthems. Just because you stand while Cuba's anthem is playing doesn't mean you agree with their communist vision of the world. Be a little respectful.

2 cents

I actually agree with this.

Cool. Thanks.

I could have a yr long discussion with you on how stats are applied incorrectly....Did you know that ice cream makes people kill more??? At least, thats what the stats say. So lets analyze, as ice cream sales go up, so do murders.

I bet u are half way to the nearest ice cream shop right now about to protest, but hold on bucko. Why is this the case? It turns out, the majority of murders happen in the summer, what also happens in the summer.....u guessed it...ice cream sales go up. However, the correlation is what matters here... There is none. Do u see how applying stats incorrectly can give you false conclusions?

Lesson 1 is over. Let it soak in. Then type a response

Last edited:

To answer your question, i know exactly how stats work. Im assuming u r not moron, it blows my mind that a normal human such as yourself cant figure out how the stats are being applied, its convos like this that give ke zero confidence in people understand the more complex issues

To answer your question, i know exactly how stats work. Im assuming u r not moron, it blows my mind that a normal human such as yourself cant figure out how the stats are being applied, its convos like this that give ke zero confidence in people understand the more complex issues
I know you are a troll, I get it.

But I’ll play. White people make up a significantly larger portion of the population than blacks. There are 160million more of them in the population. So using ABSOLUTE numbers to compare rates of how frequently they are subject to violence is stupid.

White people kill SIGNIFICANTLY more people than serial killers and ISIS COMBINED.

See how that works

Reactions: ceilo77
I know you are a troll, I get it.

But I’ll play. White people make up a significantly larger portion of the population than blacks. There are 160million more of them in the population. So using ABSOLUTE numbers to compare rates of how frequently they are subject to violence is stupid.

White people kill SIGNIFICANTLY more people than serial killers and ISIS COMBINED.

See how that works

1. I have nvr trolled before in my life. You assume i am because i have a much different world view than you and views about general things.
2. You have to use the number of interactions between cops and whites and cops and blacks. The overall population means nothing. When they interact what is the percentage? Cops interact more with blks than whites, so they have more chances to kill blks than whites but whites are killed more frequently so not only are more whites killed but they have a higher percentage of being killed becuz cops and whites interact less frequently than cops and blks do.....

I get its ez to just call me a troll becuz u have a different view and im not like most of the moronic fsu fans but when it comes analyzing something or critically thinking about a subject, i feel i have a better grasp on it than 99% of the population and im not saying that to be brash or brag. I believe it because most of what people say they just hear somewhere and parrot it back to someone else without understanding anything about it. I remember when i was in college and i asked my biology partner a question about our lab, his response was, idk i just got the answers from someone who took the class the yr before. He got an A. So i see why people dont critically think anymore, it really is a lost art, i challenge you to do that in your life, not just on here. You can scoff it off if u want to and just call me a troll and keep living inside your bubble(reality is most people dont change, they would rather live in delusion becuz its easier) but i like you for some reason. I would even accept a public disagreement but a private understanding that you will change.

And then of course, there's the problem that not all cops are white.

If you'll remember when Bennett was in that night club that the cops came in, and he got pinned to the ground by them, the cops were Hispanic. Of course that didn't really come out until the footage came out. And then there's the inconvenient issue of, when the cops came in, he ran and tried to hide from them...yeah....not suspicious behavior at all.

Don't often hear about black cops who shoot black guys or use brutality against them.

Weird, right?

Surely you guys don't think that means that black cops don't do those things, right

Common sense.

If you'll remember when Bennett was in that night club that the cops came in, and he got pinned to the ground by them, the cops were Hispanic. Of course that didn't really come out until the footage came out. And then there's the inconvenient issue of, when the cops came in, he ran and tried to hide from them...yeah....not suspicious behavior at all.

Don't often hear about black cops who shoot black guys or use brutality against them.

Weird, right?

Surely you guys don't think that means that black cops don't do those things, right

Common sense.

This happened in North Carolina when the protesters were destroying the city. A cop shot a blk guy, the press was all over it, they found out the next day it was a blk officer who shot the guy, it was off the news after that.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
1. I have nvr trolled before in my life. You assume i am because i have a much different world view than you and views about general things.
2. You have to use the number of interactions between cops and whites and cops and blacks. The overall population means nothing. When they interact what is the percentage? Cops interact more with blks than whites, so they have more chances to kill blks than whites but whites are killed more frequently so not only are more whites killed but they have a higher percentage of being killed becuz cops and whites interact less frequently than cops and blks do.....

I get its ez to just call me a troll becuz u have a different view and im not like most of the moronic fsu fans but when it comes analyzing something or critically thinking about a subject, i feel i have a better grasp on it than 99% of the population and im not saying that to be brash or brag. I believe it because most of what people say they just hear somewhere and parrot it back to someone else without understanding anything about it. I remember when i was in college and i asked my biology partner a question about our lab, his response was, idk i just got the answers from someone who took the class the yr before. He got an A. So i see why people dont critically think anymore, it really is a lost art, i challenge you to do that in your life, not just on here. You can scoff it off if u want to and just call me a troll and keep living inside your bubble(reality is most people dont change, they would rather live in delusion becuz its easier) but i like you for some reason. I would even accept a public disagreement but a private understanding that you will change.
1) I said you were a troll because I have read this forum before. No offense. I didn’t mean it derogatory, I think your posts are funny as hell at times, and I get a kick out of them.
2) now you are getting there. Next step, not all interactions are created equal. I think we can agree that a routine traffic stop or stopping someone on the street because they look suspicious is the same as responding to a 911 call

Weird, right?

Common sense.
Of course some cops are black - they are the ones killing all the white people, amirite????

Of course some cops are black - they are the ones killing all the white people, amirite????

Well yeah? Gotta hit the quotas and get back at their white brothers in blue.

That's the only reason they employ Hispanics and the orientals in law enforcement: equal opportunity killers.

The important thing about this thread is that both sides learned something and really listened to each other's concerns.

I used to be really angry and passionate about politics (and I still enjoy it) but now that I'm 30, I find a lot more humor in it than anything.

I mainly supported Trump (besides reviling Hillary) our of sheer intrigue and curiosity.

I've not been disappointed so far.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I guess this is one of the rare cases where I don't feel anybody is wrong? If the players don't wanna go, whatever don't go. And likewise if the president doesn't want a bunch of players there that's been talking shit about him he can rescind the invite. What's the problem again?

We are free because of what our nation has done in the past. Its a show of respect. Disrespecting the fact that you have the freedom that we do is similar to a child who has everything and then complaining that he only got a mercedes for christmas. Its petulant. Respect those 100's of thousands of peoppe who died and/or sacrificed for us. Standing is the LEAST anyone could do. I also hate the nacho guy. As i said before, its not that they are kneeling, its that they are kneeling for something that is so insignificant and false.
I agree, the fact that most of these athletes equate the Flag with police brutality is just plain ignorance and shows their level of selfishness in more ways than one. These idiots will, And I'm Confident WILL bite the hand that feeds them by destroying the NFL. Fug them all, I hope they starve to death..

Reactions: nail1988
giphy.gif

1) I said you were a troll because I have read this forum before. No offense. I didn’t mean it derogatory, I think your posts are funny as hell at times, and I get a kick out of them.
2) now you are getting there. Next step, not all interactions are created equal. I think we can agree that a routine traffic stop or stopping someone on the street because they look suspicious is the same as responding to a 911 call

I agree that not all stops are equal. That is the sh## i like to debate. To me that is something that truly matters and should be looked at in every case good and bad.

2 cents
I've shared many of these same thoughts in other forums; especially with regards to the NFL being a private company. Folks hollering about 1st Amendment, etc. tend to forget the NFL can set their rules and terminate you if you chose to exercise free speech that doesn't fit the company line.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer the protest use a different venue for protest, BUT this certainly has gotten people talking. At first, I thought Kap was just being a selfish, pouty prick, BUT I'll give him credit for listening to Nate Boyer and changing his approach. He's come off more sincere since that encounter.

Finally, rather than spouting off via Twitter like a 12-year-old girl Trump should have IMMEDIATELY invited Kap to the White House and had an open discussion (if it bothers him that much). I am by no means an Obama supporter, but THIS is how you respond presidentialy. He recognizes BOTH sides of the situation.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I used to be really angry and passionate about politics (and I still enjoy it) but now that I'm 30, I find a lot more humor in it than anything.

I mainly supported Trump (besides reviling Hillary) our of sheer intrigue and curiosity.

I've not been disappointed so far.

I personall
I've shared many of these same thoughts in other forums; especially with regards to the NFL being a private company. Folks hollering about 1st Amendment, etc. tend to forget the NFL can set their rules and terminate you if you chose to exercise free speech that doesn't fit the company line.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer the protest use a different venue for protest, BUT this certainly has gotten people talking. At first, I thought Kap was just being a selfish, pouty prick, BUT I'll give him credit for listening to Nate Boyer and changing his approach. He's come off more sincere since that encounter.

Finally, rather than spouting off via Twitter like a 12-year-old girl Trump should have IMMEDIATELY invited Kap to the White House and had an open discussion (if it bothers him that much). I am by no means an Obama supporter, but THIS is how you respond presidentialy. He recognizes BOTH sides of the situation.

Obuma has no clue....

Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT