ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Complete

You should join the sunshine pumpers at the other site and wax poetically how DM is indeed SOS's second coming, bringing untold glory to Gville. Sorry you seem so salty. It's ok we all care about what you think.

Strawman. Thinking Willie is an unorganized coach in over his head with a Moutain West staff has nothing to do with how one views Mullen. I don’t think one person on this board would put Mullen near SOS or Meyer. All I have seen is people point out the many areas, including staff, where he is a significant upgrade from Mac.

Last edited:
You should join the sunshine pumpers at the other site and wax poetically how DM is indeed SOS's second coming, bringing untold glory to Gville. Sorry you seem so salty. It's ok we all care about what you think.

And yet, here you are.

I seriously need to make a macro for that phrase.

The problem with him is in big games he gives up a ton of points and yards.
404 yards at 7.48 yards per play and 31 points to Georgia.
511 yards at 9.13 yards per play and 49 points to Auburn
444 yards at 7.93 yards per play and 31 points to Alabama.
355 yards at 6.57 yards per play and 31 points to Ole Miss.

Also most of the players on D were 3 and 4 stars. He's the same dude that Jimbo lit up when he was at Louisville. Hell even Golson lit him up for 41 points in Tally.
He just ain't that good.

To be fair, he's going to be going against the SEC East, LSU, and 3 OOC cupcakes every year. Over the last 3 seasons UF has only faced 5 Top 25 scoring offenses. I'm no math genius, but that's less than 2 a year. Opportunities will abound for Grantham to look good.

Also, I had the same criticism of Mark Stoops when he was at FSU so it's not just me being a homer.

Maybe he ought to. As an OC I don't think he's lost to y'all.

What happened 10-12 years ago means nothing. Is Tebow and Harvin walking through the door? Is FSU being run by a mid 70s past his prime coach? You had a big talent advantage where as now we have a 20-25% better blue chip roster than UF.

It’s not apples to apples. Mullen is the best hire you have made since Meyer and he’s not a bad coach at all. The schools are in different places talent wise then when he was last year.

@ParisHilton
Before you judge, act. Before you speak, listen. Before you hate, love. Before you write, think. Before you quit, try.

Was ole Willie actually quoting Paris....

Go Canes!

What happened 10-12 years ago means nothing. Is Tebow and Harvin walking through the door? Is FSU being run by a mid 70s past his prime coach? You had a big talent advantage where as now we have a 20-25% better blue chip roster than UF.

It’s not apples to apples. Mullen is the best hire you have made since Meyer and he’s not a bad coach at all. The schools are in different places talent wise then when he was last year.

It's generally agreed upon that Mac and his staff accomplished zero player development with the talent they had.

I submit even though his record versus top 25 teams isn't very good, Mullen has shown he can develop the talent he had.

I think the same thing about Taggart. Therefore, I think for the first time in twenty years or so, we will find out what life is like when we are dead even in coaching and talent.

The nolies have all that top rated talent they’ve been stockpiling for years.

Looking at the two coaching staffs I would go with the Gators, but they appear to have lesser talent than f$u

It will be interesting to see if taggert can keep up with Mullen in recruiting and development

Go Canes!

It's generally agreed upon that Mac and his staff accomplished zero player development with the talent they had.

I submit even though his record versus top 25 teams isn't very good, Mullen has shown he can develop the talent he had.

I think the same thing about Taggart. Therefore, I think for the first time in twenty years or so, we will find out what life is like when we are dead even in coaching and talent.

Your coaching has gotten better but I think Mullen will have to stockpile a couple of classes to make it equal to FSU. Our last few classes have been really good. Our blue chip rate is still top 5 in the country.

and while we're at it, how many Gator posters are over there posting on FSU boards?...none
I have seen you post on the 247 board. You and I even discussed your posting there. Something about lack of loyalty for bringing in a grad transfer QB from ND and how parents of FSU recruits should take notice. What happened next?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT