ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Complete

Michi-Gator

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2010
Ludington, MI
Mullen has completed his staff and has all 10 assistants in place to begin the recruiting stretch. I would argue our ‘10th’ assistants superior to anyone Willie has hired to this point.

This is what I knew Mullen would fix quickly from the disaster that Shark****er left him. Organized and a sense of urgency. Now lets see if he can close recruiting strong and provide us an offense.

Mullen has completed his staff and has all 10 assistants in place to begin the recruiting stretch. I would argue our ‘10th’ assistants superior to anyone Willie has hired to this point.

This is what I knew Mullen would fix quickly from the disaster that Shark****er left him. Organized and a sense of urgency. Now lets see if he can close recruiting strong and provide us an offense.

Sure. You'll probably go undefeated with that super staff. I bet you'll have a decided schematic advantage. Since like 70% came from MSU, you'd imagine it would look similar. Way better than Mac.

Reactions: GoFish2
How’s the staff up in Trailerhasse? Has option 17 for DC turned you down yet?

Nice of you to ask, especially as you opened with the ludacris statement that every one of UF's staff is superior. Option #17 oh man that's rich.... Frost and Kelly LOLd. The off season? Is flame bait all there is?

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the staff that Mullen put together.

When a guy like Ron English is your 9th or 10th hire that speaks volumes about how good of a staff it is.

Reactions: mcanes
I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the staff that Mullen put together.

When a guy like Ron English is your 9th or 10th hire that speaks volumes about how good of a staff it is.

Sal sunseri is meh. He was at fsu and i wasnt a fan. The rest(the ones i know) are good hires. Cant deny its a good staff overall

Sunseri is a very good coach and a really good recruiter. I’m good with him.

Nice of you to ask, especially as you opened with the ludacris statement that every one of UF's staff is superior. Option #17 oh man that's rich.... Frost and Kelly LOLd. The off season? Is flame bait all there is?

LOL
serveimage

No doubt in my mind Florida will be one of the most improved teams in the country, if Grimes gets acceptance from the NCAA to play right way, with Jefferson, and the potential WRs coming in (Copeland, etc.). 8-5 for a first year, with all the young talent coming in, isn't asking too much I don't think.

No doubt in my mind Florida will be one of the most improved teams in the country, if Grimes gets acceptance from the NCAA to play right way, with Jefferson, and the potential WRs coming in (Copeland, etc.). 8-5 for a first year, with all the young talent coming in, isn't asking too much I don't think.

With our schedule 9 wins should be attainable if the QB position isn't a wreck this season.

Grantham is absolutely terrible. Terrible. Have fun with that one. The rest were either from Mississippi State or fired for using homophobic slurs.

I don't think anyone outside of Gainesville is very concerned.

Grantham is absolutely terrible. Terrible. Have fun with that one. The rest were either from Mississippi State or fired for using homophobic slurs.

Where does this "Grantham is terrible" stuff keep coming from? Because the #'s clearly show he's not. Anybody beats Randy Shannon.

Looking at the schedule
Very good chance we are undefeated headed to Jacksonville

UF definitely has a favorable schedule in 2018, but 7-0 heading to Jacksonville might be a bit of a stretch. @Tennessee, @Mississippi State, LSU, @Vanderbilt. 3 road games in 4 weeks is tough no matter who you're playing. Unless you're Bama, you can pretty much pencil in a loss whenever you see back to back road games on your schedule. That's just how it works in CFB. UF could certainly go 9-3 this year though. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Sure. You'll probably go undefeated with that super staff. I bet you'll have a decided schematic advantage. Since like 70% came from MSU, you'd imagine it would look similar. Way better than Mac.

lol compared to what you just hired.....

Jesus, I can't wait.

Terrible. #10 ranked defense in the nation playing in the SECw with 2 and 3* recruits.

Do you have a DC yet?

Terrible. #10 ranked defense in the nation playing in the SECw with 2 and 3* recruits.

Do you have a DC yet?

With the Michi part of your name I'd expect you to have known of Barnett. Michigan State had the # 7 ranked defense playing the # 23 SOS ( Miss. St was #17). Upgrade for Noles.

With the Michi part of your name I'd expect you to have known of Barnett. Michigan State had the # 7 ranked defense playing the # 23 SOS ( Miss. St was #17). Upgrade for Noles.

Oh another Dantonio puppet. Working out well for Pitt and their killer defense

May I add, if you think Grantham is so bad, you are looking at an OC from Maryland, the 119th offense in the nation, worse than us. Spn that one

May I add, if you think Grantham is so bad, you are looking at an OC from Maryland, the 119th offense in the nation, worse than us. Spn that one

You may not add that I said anything about Grantham being bad. If that was your conclusion from post #21, then you need some reading comp. help. Is this your strawman attempt when I statistically refute your assertion that Barnett was no good?

Are they really thinking about hiring an OC from Maryland?? Maryland has been terrible on offense the last 2 years. This would be a disaster of a hire if that is the best Taggart can do for an OC. Pretty funny.

Michigan States defense is run by Dantonio. Always has been. I’m not quite sure why FSU made that hire.

Are they really thinking about hiring an OC from Maryland?? Maryland has been terrible on offense the last 2 years. This would be a disaster of a hire if that is the best Taggart can do for an OC. Pretty funny.

It's pretty funny how much these 2 posts contradict each other. You know Taggart is an offensive guy and will run his offense, right? Does it really matter who the "OC" is?

Reactions: Nolebra Kai

I have no clue what we are doing with our hires. Jimbo was great at hiring guys at first, then it went down hill with charles kelly. Taggart nvr even met the guy from mich st....ever...before his meeting. What on earth does this guy from Maryland bring? Taggart is obviously the OC and will call the plays. This guy is useless

I have no clue what we are doing with our hires. Jimbo was great at hiring guys at first, then it went down hill with charles kelly. Taggart nvr even met the guy from mich st....ever...before his meeting. What on earth does this guy from Maryland bring? Taggart is obviously the OC and will call the plays. This guy is useless

The guy from Maryland sounds like a Nuss.

And on another note, I get the whole “Can’t trust a DC from Michigan State” argument but every DC under Saban has also shown to be a great defensive mind outside of him.

Useless might be a bit much, but Mullen and Taggart are clearly going to run the show on offense. Billy Gonzales and Walt Bell are not. I don't see how this is any different than Randy Sanders being our OC over the last 5 years.

Very skeptical hires at both OC and DC. What’s even more out of wack is the order in which the hires are made. Usually OC and DC are 2 of the very first hires you make when assembling a staff. Not the other way around. Add in the fact that he never even met the Mich St guy.

People were right when they said this guy was very unorganized and doesn’t really appear to have a plan.

Very skeptical hires at both OC and DC. What’s even more out of wack is the order in which the hires are made. Usually OC and DC are 2 of the very first hires you make when assembling a staff. Not the other way around. Add in the fact that he never even met the Mich St guy.

People were right when they said this guy was very unorganized and doesn’t really appear to have a plan

Paco with the inside scoop on Taggart and Barnett's meetings and Taggart's organizational skills. :D

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Hiring Kelly as our last spot at WR is not exactly assuaging my feeling about Taggart. Kelly might be a good coach, even though he hasn't been on the field in years...but Taggart has gone through a lot of asks to fill his staff, which tells me a lot about what the coaching community feels about him as a whole. No point really in wringing my hands about it though...it is a done deal and need to hope for the best.

You're wringing your hands. Most of us, especially the Paco's of the world, have no idea about ongoing staff fulfillment conversations while they occur. Here are my thoughts as if any GAF.

Willie is a better fit at FSU right now than Jimbo would have been going forward(HC and OC). Harlon Barnett is a better DC than Charles Kelly. Greg Frey is a better OL coach than Trick Daddy. I would have preferred Dugans as our WR coach but he had some loyalty to Richt and a tragic event with a child in Tallahassee that may have influenced his decision. I don't know much about the Oregon guys he brought other than Kelly(WR coach) is well thought off by some guys in the recruiting industry. He has apparently recruited and coached some top talent along the way. I loved Dawsey as a Nole but he was not an ideal fit at WR coach, imo, after all these years. I go wash there with Kelly at least being a better recruiter. No clue with Bell but he was dealing with what I believe to be a 4th string QB at the end of the season due to injuries. It's Willies offense so I suspect the title is that...title. Some of the same recruiting guys feel Bell is a serious up and comer and a potential HC one day. For all I know he's selling cars in 2 years but for now I will wait and see. FSU keeps Odell. Big keep imo.

Leavitt at 1.7 was too much. He was affordable because OU paid Cristobal a small amount. Leonhard was a guy I really liked but I didn't know of him until about 3 months ago. Locks seemed to want to call plays. If he gets those duties at Bama that is a better setup for him. If he doesn't he may have blinked too soon.

Michigan States defense is run by Dantonio. Always has been. I’m not quite sure why FSU made that hire.

It’s actually not run by Dantonio. The defense Barnett has been calling the last few years has been the Press Man, Cover 4 that Narduzzi implemented years ago.

I’m pretty sure Willie knows more about his credentials than you do. He’s very well respected and we’re thrilled he’s our new DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT