ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Complete

It’s actually not run by Dantonio. The defense Barnett has been calling the last few years has been the Press Man, Cover 4 that Narduzzi implemented years ago.

I’m pretty sure Willie knows more about his credentials than you do. He’s very well respected and we’re thrilled he’s our new DC.

Really? How is Narduzzi’s defense at Pitt?

Really? How is Narduzzi’s defense at Pitt?

Strawman! What is valid is the #7 total def. at Mich. State. How Nard. performs at a different college, several yrs. post Mich. State is irrelevant compared to Barnett's actual work last year.

Terrible. #10 ranked defense in the nation playing in the SECw with 2 and 3* recruits.

Do you have a DC yet?
The problem with him is in big games he gives up a ton of points and yards.
404 yards at 7.48 yards per play and 31 points to Georgia.
511 yards at 9.13 yards per play and 49 points to Auburn
444 yards at 7.93 yards per play and 31 points to Alabama.
355 yards at 6.57 yards per play and 31 points to Ole Miss.

Also most of the players on D were 3 and 4 stars. He's the same dude that Jimbo lit up when he was at Louisville. Hell even Golson lit him up for 41 points in Tally.
He just ain't that good.

Strawman! What is valid is the #7 total def. at Mich. State. How Nard. performs at a different college, several yrs. post Mich. State is irrelevant compared to Barnett's actual work last year.

Not a strawman. Point is, that is Dantonio’s defense. Not to mention Barnett was co-DC, though I am sure he is soley repaonsible for the success

It’s Dantonio’s defense. Everybody knows that. Michigan St defense will be just fine moving forward as long as he is there.

For whatever reason Taggart made 2 really questionable hires at OC and DC. The biggest issue though is the order in which the coaches were hired. The fact is OC and DC are 2 of the first hires you make when assembling a staff. I can’t ever recall a coach assembling a staff basically backwards.

As for Grantham he has put many good defenses on the field in his college coaching career. Miss St just finished the season 10th in total defense. He had some good defenses at UGA and Lville also.

It’s Dantonio’s defense. Everybody knows that. Michigan St defense will be just fine moving forward as long as he is there.

For whatever reason Taggart made 2 really questionable hires at OC and DC. The biggest issue though is the order in which the coaches were hired. The fact is OC and DC are 2 of the first hires you make when assembling a staff. I can’t ever recall a coach assembling a staff basically backwards.

As for Grantham he has put many good defenses on the field in his college coaching career. Miss St just finished the season 10th in total defense. He had some good defenses at UGA and Lville also.

- The order in which coaches were hired, was VERY strange and took longer than expected.
- DC wasn't a splash hire, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. Paco, you'd be an upgrade over Kelly.
- OC was perfect IMO. Everyone know's WT calls the plays, but Bell is apparently an up-and-coming offensive mind who can recruit (no family, no ties, lives to work/recruit). I think his input on Offense will be great. Downside is, I don't see him staying long if WT doesn't release the reigns in a few seasons.
- Most excited about OL hire.

- The order in which coaches were hired, was VERY strange and took longer than expected.
- DC wasn't a splash hire, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. Paco, you'd be an upgrade over Kelly.
- OC was perfect IMO. Everyone know's WT calls the plays, but Bell is apparently an up-and-coming offensive mind who can recruit (no family, no ties, lives to work/recruit). I think his input on Offense will be great. Downside is, I don't see him staying long if WT doesn't release the reigns in a few seasons.
- Most excited about OL hire.
Kelly was terrible. I agree with that for sure and he shouldnt be hard to replace. The order in which coaches were hired was really poor planning and shocking and just flat out not very good or smart. Frey was a good hire. The OC hire sucks but it is what it is for you guys.

Kelly was terrible. I agree with that for sure and he shouldnt be hard to replace. The order in which coaches were hired was really poor planning and shocking and just flat out not very good or smart. Frey was a good hire. The OC hire sucks but it is what it is for you guys.
Well, since Taggart is the OC, you're not impressed with the HC either. ;)

I wonder if Bell will be in the booth.

It's obvious that both teams fans will tell you why the hires are good and the opposing fans will tell you why they weren't. In the end, it all falls on the head coaches. Both fan bases seem very happy with who they got, which is rare these days. We'll see in 2-3 years who's happier. Should be very interesting!

It's obvious that both teams fans will tell you why the hires are good and the opposing fans will tell you why they weren't. In the end, it all falls on the head coaches. Both fan bases seem very happy with who they got, which is rare these days. We'll see in 2-3 years who's happier. Should be very interesting!
Agreed...FWIW, I think Mullen is a great fit for UF (sadly) as is WT for FSU. Time will tell, though.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Mullen has completed his staff and has all 10 assistants in place to begin the recruiting stretch. I would argue our ‘10th’ assistants superior to anyone Willie has hired to this point.

This is what I knew Mullen would fix quickly from the disaster that Shark****er left him. Organized and a sense of urgency. Now lets see if he can close recruiting strong and provide us an offense.
So you're admitting it was Mc in the pic? :D
Congrats on Stricklin getting on the CFP Committee.

Well, since Taggart is the OC, you're not impressed with the HC either. ;)

I wonder if Bell will be in the booth.
No I’m not impressed by Taggart. I think he’s already made some errors. I get that Taggart will call the plays but the OC still sucks. He still has to coach a position and contribute. What if Taggart decides not to call the plays at some point? Gonzales is Co-OC at UF and won’t call plays but he’s a very good position coach.

He’s made very few errors but I expect you guys to say that. We wouldn’t trade out HC and staff for yours. I’m sure you say the same thing about yours.

Mullen doesn’t scare us.

Maryland offense has been terrible the past 2 years. He’s a Nuss type OC and QB coach.

He’s made very few errors but I expect you guys to say that. We wouldn’t trade out HC and staff for yours. I’m sure you say the same thing about yours.

Mullen doesn’t scare us.
It’s obvious the nolies are scared or you wouldn’t see them running over here to throw their chest...very sad

Go Canes!

It’s obvious the nolies are scared or you wouldn’t see them running over here to throw their chest...very sad

Go Canes!

Sad is simply a complete fail at throwing shade. The Noles I see here are the usual lowlifes, so we didn't run over here. Been here. Next, in what reality would we run here to post out of fear? You sleep with the light on don't you?

Sad is simply a complete fail at throwing shade. The Noles I see here are the usual lowlifes, so we didn't run over here. Been here. Next, in what reality would we run here to post out of fear? You sleep with the light on don't you?

tenor.gif

I'm sure you've watched a lot of Maryland the last couple years.

2016 - Maryland #94 in the nation in total offense
2017 - Maryland #120 in the nation in total offense

What’s there to watch? It sounds like their offense is unwatchable. He’s a terrible OC and QB coach.

He’s another coach that was hired that wasn’t the first choice for Taggart.

Last edited:

What’s there to watch? It sounds like their offense is unwatchable. He’s a terrible OC and QB coach.

And Taggart's scoring O the last 2 years ranked 18th and 4th.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai

Looked pretty good against Texas when they weren't playing with their 4th string QB.

Maryland’s offense looked pretty good the last 2 years for sure. Ranked 94th and 120th respectively. Impressive for sure.

Reactions: mcanes
Never seen so many gators so concerned with FSU assistant coaches! Always a good sign!
I’ve never seen so many FSU fans concerned about UFs coaching staff on UFs board. This thread was started by a UF fan and discussed the UF staff. Nothing was said about FSUs staff until a Nole chimed in. It only took until the 2nd post for a Nole fan to troll.

I’ve never seen so many FSU fans concerned about UFs coaching staff on UFs board. This thread was started by a UF fan and discussed the UF staff. Nothing was said about FSUs staff until a Nole chimed in. It only took until the 2nd post for a Nole fan to troll.

You fail. The first post did mention the FSU staff. Don't know why. On another un- named site there's a 4 pg. thread on DM is the second coming of Steven Orr.

Reactions: METSWIN
Mullen has completed his staff and has all 10 assistants in place to begin the recruiting stretch. I would argue our ‘10th’ assistants superior to anyone Willie has hired to this point.

This is what I knew Mullen would fix quickly from the disaster that Shark****er left him. Organized and a sense of urgency. Now lets see if he can close recruiting strong and provide us an offense.
1st post

You fail. The first post did mention the FSU staff. Don't know why. On another un- named site there's a 4 pg. thread on DM is the second coming of Steven Orr.

We think your staff sucks, a lot.

If you want validation go back to the Nole board and talk about how awesome all of Willie’s Plan D assistants are.

This is a Gators board and no one gives a shit what you think

We think your staff sucks, a lot.

If you want validation go back to the Nole board and talk about how awesome all of Willie’s Plan D assistants are.

This is a Gators board and no one gives a shit what you think

You should join the sunshine pumpers at the other site and wax poetically how DM is indeed SOS's second coming, bringing untold glory to Gville. Sorry you seem so salty. It's ok we all care about what you think.

Venture over to the FSU boards and you'll see no mention of UF coaches, whoever they are. No one over there cares. Irrelevant!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT