ADVERTISEMENT

SOW started spring practice this week

They will suck again but I do think they win more than 5 games

All depends on what they can do with the OL. I do like the new coaching additions.

Reactions: PacoGator19
a096d682-936d-4f6a-a713-e3c9d3a0c265-IMG_0885.JPG

He looks like he has gained about 2 pounds...:D Just skin over bones.

I honestly would have guessed that picture was photoshopped. He has the arms of Dhalsim, from Street Fighter. He must have some kind of biology that makes it legitimately difficult to gain weight.

I can't believe someone hasn't put him on deer antler velvet yet to at least try and make him not look like he is literally starving. I guess he might get away with that if he truly is one of those skinny QBs that hardly get injured. Alex Smith at Utah wasn't that skinny but he got flattened like a pancake it seemed multiple times a game running that offense and would just pop right back up.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
There have been plenty of tall lanky skinny kids getting d1 scholarships. Most of them eventually put on some kind of weight. There is nothing biologically that prevents someone from putting on weight that isn’t health related. His condition is pure lack of effort. I grew up with crazy metabolism that made it hard for me to put on weight. It took a ton of work to pack it on but I was able to do it. His lack of size and the OL issues are concerning on multiple levels. This may be just like 2017 all over again. This Gulf Coast offense needs a qb that can run and take hits. At his size that is dangerous, this isn’t Jimbo’s pro style.

There have been plenty of tall lanky skinny kids getting d1 scholarships. Most of them eventually put on some kind of weight. There is nothing biologically that prevents someone from putting on weight that isn’t health related. His condition is pure lack of effort. I grew up with crazy metabolism that made it hard for me to put on weight. It took a ton of work to pack it on but I was able to do it. His lack of size and the OL issues are concerning on multiple levels. This may be just like 2017 all over again. This Gulf Coast offense needs a qb that can run and take hits. At his size that is dangerous, this isn’t Jimbo’s pro style.

I knew a guy years ago that stayed almost that skinny until he was about 28. No matter how much he worked out or how many calories he took in he just wouldn't hardly gain anything. He just got a little stronger from lifting weights. It just finally magically changed at 28 to where he could finally gain some weight.

I knew a guy years ago that stayed almost that skinny until he was about 28. No matter how much he worked out or how many calories he took in he just wouldn't hardly gain anything. He just got a little stronger from lifting weights. It just finally magically changed at 28 to where he could finally gain some weight.
Did he have a full time staff of nutritionists and strength coaches devoted to him with almost unlimited resources? I’m not trying to be a dick because like I said, I was like that without the height. Not eating properly in one day and I’d drop five pounds as quick as a blink. He has everything he needs. I do not believe he’s dedicated to it.

Did he have a full time staff of nutritionists and strength coaches devoted to him with almost unlimited resources? I’m not trying to be a dick because like I said, I was like that without the height. Not eating properly in one day and I’d drop five pounds as quick as a blink. He has everything he needs. I do not believe he’s dedicated to it.

No but he tried slamming weight gain and protein shakes and all that stuff besides eating a lot. I am sure some juice might force some muscle on. Surprised he hasn't tried that at some point in an off-season.

He's 6-5 and weighs 182 lbs. He weighed 181 last year. Yes, he gained exactly one pound.
https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/spring-roster-weights

182 is a good weight for a guy that's like 6 feet. At 6-5. he should be in the Ramones.

I don't buy that it's a lack of effort. He obviously works out if he's playing D1 college football. There's no way that you can get out of that. And it doesn't take any effort to eat more. If he was just getting fat and sloppy, I would agree with the "lack of effort" hypothesis, but he's staying super skinny.

I think he must have some kind of metabolic issue where he legitimately can't put on weight. That's just my own speculation, but it seems like the simplest explanation. If he wasn't an athlete, I would assume that he was addicted to amphetamines, but since he gets tested on the reg, that can't be it either.

Idk. He came in around 160 and is about 190 now. At almost 6’6 I just don’t ever see him carrying much weight. Doesn’t have that kinda frame.

I’m not saying he’s not working out. But it’s not difficult for a guy to go through the motions during the off season. And that’s where your progress is made. I’m just not buying a guy with that frame is unable to put weight on. Year three and still that small is not a good sign. I’m highly skeptical the guy is putting in the work and/or our support staff may need an overhaul.

Idk. He came in around 160 and is about 190 now. At almost 6’6 I just don’t ever see him carrying much weight. Doesn’t have that kinda frame.
I thought he came in at around the mid 170s? If he has put on twenty pounds I will stand corrected that he’s not putting in the work and glad he is. I’m still not confident in his ability to survive the season.

I’m not saying he’s not working out. But it’s not difficult for a guy to go through the motions during the off season. And that’s where your progress is made. I’m just not buying a guy with that frame is unable to put weight on. Year three and still that small is not a good sign. I’m highly skeptical the guy is putting in the work and/or our support staff may need an overhaul.

I think you're overestimating the amount of work and effort that it takes to put on weight. 95% of college students put on weight over their academic career with no effort at all.

Again, if he was just getting fat, I'd buy into your theory that he's just lazy. But staying that skinny actually takes more effort than putting on weight, which is why I'm thinking it's something medical.

163 coming out of high school. I was wrong. God help us if he goes down though.

He's 6-5 and weighs 182 lbs. He weighed 181 last year. Yes, he gained exactly one pound.
https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/spring-roster-weights

182 is a good weight for a guy that's like 6 feet. At 6-5. he should be in the Ramones.

I don't buy that it's a lack of effort. He obviously works out if he's playing D1 college football. There's no way that you can get out of that. And it doesn't take any effort to eat more. If he was just getting fat and sloppy, I would agree with the "lack of effort" hypothesis, but he's staying super skinny.

I think he must have some kind of metabolic issue where he legitimately can't put on weight. That's just my own speculation, but it seems like the simplest explanation. If he wasn't an athlete, I would assume that he was addicted to amphetamines, but since he gets tested on the reg, that can't be it either.

182 with pads on maybe even at 6'5". He looks like a 6 foot person that would weight about 140.

I read on another board that Alex Hornibrook is going to FSU as a grad transfer from Wisconsin. If that's the case the skinniness of Blackmon won't be an issue because Hornibrook will be the QB in the fall. He's not that great and doesn't seem like a good fit, but maybe it's the best they can do right now.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/fsu?lang=en

I read on another board that Alex Hornibrook is going to FSU as a grad transfer from Wisconsin. If that's the case the skinniness of Blackmon won't be an issue because Hornibrook will be the QB in the fall. He's not that great and doesn't seem like a good fit, but maybe it's the best they can do right now.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/fsu?lang=en
He's there for depth. Blackman will be the starter.

Hornibrook is terrible. He’s there just as a backup and a body that has at least taken a college snap. Blackman is the starter.

All I'm going to say is, a super skinny QB, with no backup, playing behind a terrible Oline, in an offense where he will need to run to make it effective,

this is not a recipe for great things.

I agree with you that a lot of tall, skinny guys are great athletes, We've had our share. I think he's a pretty good QB. That's the problem, though, he's a QB, and he's playing behind a terrible offensive line. I would be concerned about him getting injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT