ADVERTISEMENT

So...when Zach Evans commits to Florida...

He was 11 and 1 against the sec at FSU.... Also had at a win against Saban as OC
Ok and it doesn’t change the fact that in 10 seasons as a head coach he’s had 4 or more losses in 5 of those seasons. I would say after how his first 2 seasons at A&M went he probably wishes he was back in the ACC as he has a 4 loss season and a 5 loss season. Next year is big for him at A&M. If he puts up another subpar season he will be on the hot seat for the amount of money they are paying him.

Ok and it doesn’t change the fact that in 10 seasons as a head coach he’s had 4 or more losses in 5 of those seasons. I would say after how his first 2 seasons at A&M went he probably wishes he was back in the ACC as he has a 4 loss season and a 5 loss season. Next year is big for him at A&M. If he puts up another subpar season he will be on the hot seat for the amount of money they are paying him.

Great recruiter, good coach. He's done ok at A&M, but he's being paid too big of a salary to just be ok. Agreed, this is a huge season for him.

Right now he has done no better than Kevin Sumlin.

Last edited:

If he took over Bama he would be undefeated in the SEC. He took over a trash roster man. Come on. This is basic stuff. Saban has run tlrampant thru the sec in dominating fashion and for the majority of his career he did it without a good QB. Fisher is NOT the same coach now as he was at fsu. At all. Ever since he got a divorce he was not the same. Ask anyone associated with the fsu program and they will tell you that. He was elite at one time, not anymore. Had nothing to do with conference, which is why he smacked the SEC with an 11 and 1 record while snapping their NC streak. You get such a boner over the sec that you cant think straight.

If he took over Bama he would be undefeated in the SEC. He took over a trash roster man. Come on. This is basic stuff. Saban has run tlrampant thru the sec in dominating fashion and for the majority of his career he did it without a good QB. Fisher is NOT the same coach now as he was at fsu. At all. Ever since he got a divorce he was not the same. Ask anyone associated with the fsu program and they will tell you that. He was elite at one time, not anymore. Had nothing to do with conference, which is why he smacked the SEC with an 11 and 1 record while snapping their NC streak. You get such a boner over the sec that you cant think straight.
Yes he took over a roster that had loss 5 games two years in a row and then proceeded to lose 4 games and 5 games. Yes it also has to do with the conference as well and being in the west because now he has to play a tough game just about every single week. He only had to play 2-3 tough games a year in the ACC. Much easier to do that. Again very good recruiter but overrated as a coach. Heck if your being honest he’s really only done really good when he had Winston & Cook on the team. He hasn’t really done that much with anybody else at QB, etc. Top level coaches are much more consistent. He’s just not consistent.

100% agreed except at recruiting. He gets the right guys but jimbo is not the same coach he was at fsu. Hes slowed down a lot

Hard to say what will happen at A&M but he has a pretty talented young roster that got some experience this past season so he needs to show this upcoming season if they are going to be a real threat to win that division.

Hard to say what will happen at A&M but he has a pretty talented young roster that got some experience this past season so he needs to show this upcoming season if they are going to be a real threat to win that division.

I agree and his coachi g staff is pretty good as well. I just dont think he has the same juice, ya kno

Just me of course, but don't G-a-S about FSUcks, aTm, Jimblow, or who either of them hire next... :rolleyes: ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: fsu939913
And he’s 9-7 at aTm
I may be completely wrong but when he didn’t have Winston or Cook his record hasn’t been anything better than average.
Really top level coaches can win with different rosters and the turnover you have in college football.

I may be completely wrong but when he didn’t have Winston or Cook his record hasn’t been anything better than average.
Really top level coaches can win with different rosters and the turnover you have in college football.
You’re probably correct on that. Hell, Gene Chizik won, but he had Cammie and Fat Fairley. You see what happened without them.

A&M didn’t give Fisher a 10 yr contract for $75m to be a average and lose 4-5 games per year. This year is a big year for him.

Look at A&M’s schedule next year and find more than two losses on it...opposite of last year...
Yes it isn’t a super difficult schedule but if he losses more than 2 games then he’s likely on the hot seat. A&M is paying him to get them over the hump and beat LSU & Bama.

Yes it isn’t a super difficult schedule but if he losses more than 2 games then he’s likely on the hot seat. A&M is paying him to get them over the hump and beat LSU & Bama.

Not a super difficult and the SEC go together quite often;)

for the amount of money they are paying him.
That's reason he took the job, like a 75 MM contract...I remember when making 1 million as a HBC in college was big...plus he was done with the FSU Alum/Fans. I like Jimbo as coach but you're right on the record. He had all the all star athletes for a few years and when they were gone...it was game over.

FSU and UGA has the worst fans...TN too but they've sucked so bad for so long it's almost like they don't have a team lol...I still hate them and that ugly ass orange.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Yep anything more than 2 regular season losses and the talk starts. If they somehow lost 4 regular season games it would be really loud.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Trash roster? Sumlin recruited at a high level.

Last edited:
And now, just for a krazy change of pace, back to the threads actual topic.... :rolleyes:

Dan says NO THANKS to 5-star RB Zach Evans. "After meeting with Evans for an in-home visit on Wednesday, the Gators decided not to pursue any further."

Florida running backs coach Greg Knox was in to see 4-star RB Jahmyr Gibbs on Monday. He is currently in Gainesville on an official UF visit. This is Florida's top remaining running back target in 2020.

Another 4-star RB, Ashaad Clayton received a visit from UF running backs coach Greg Knox on Thursday of this past week. He has yet to land an offer from the Gators, but is very interested in the program. He is getting his first look at Gainesville this weekend during an official visit.

And now, just for a krazy change of pace, back to the threads actual topic.... :rolleyes:

Dan says NO THANKS to 5-star RB Zach Evans. "After meeting with Evans for an in-home visit on Wednesday, the Gators decided not to pursue any further."

Florida running backs coach Greg Knox was in to see 4-star RB Jahmyr Gibbs on Monday. He is currently in Gainesville on an official UF visit. This is Florida's top remaining running back target in 2020.

Another 4-star RB, Ashaad Clayton received a visit from UF running backs coach Greg Knox on Thursday of this past week. He has yet to land an offer from the Gators, but is very interested in the program. He is getting his first look at Gainesville this weekend during an official visit.
Good move by Mullen. That RB has some major problems. I wouldn't take a chance.

Good move by Mullen. That RB has some major problems. I wouldn't take a chance.

The transfer portal is changing recruiting. Teams are waking up to the fact that it isn't worth it to invest so much time and energy chasing recruiting stars only to have them transfer out after a year or two. Better to get guys that live not too far away or have a tie to the school. Back in the day (three or four years ago, lol), a coach could bully a player into staying by refusing to give consent, which meant the player had to pay their own way for a year. That's part of what changed with the portal. That RB is a bundle of issues and is a major transfer candidate. Why bring him in and screw up the recruiting for other RB's, because he is here, and then have him leave and we have no RB's worth spit? Better to not even try.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
The transfer portal is changing recruiting. Teams are waking up to the fact that it isn't worth it to invest so much time and energy chasing recruiting stars only to have them transfer out after a year or two. Better to get guys that live not too far away or have a tie to the school. Back in the day (three or four years ago, lol), a coach could bully a player into staying by refusing to give consent, which meant the player had to pay their own way for a year. That's part of what changed with the portal. That RB is a bundle of issues and is a major transfer candidate. Why bring him in and screw up the recruiting for other RB's, because he is here, and then have him leave and we have no RB's worth spit? Better to not even try.

I also think Mullen learned the lesson from last year with 4 guys not sticking to campus. Yes - every team will experience attrition because of the portal, grades etc. but losing 4 last year was significant. Steele was a red flag being from CA, there were 2 with grade issues and then Jones. Jones didn't have any red flags from what I remember but physical abuse of women can't be tolerated. Then Wilson had the Visa issue.

Each case had unique features but if you step back, taken as a whole there were a lot of "ifs" there. I'm much more comfortable the way Mullen is handling Britt/Manual and others that might/might not make it in this cycle.

Looking at the Aggies 2020 schedule, Colorado, Miss. State, Ole Miss & South Carolina will not be easy games. Auburn, LSU & Bama are probably losses, IMO. I see them losing 4 games. I've read projections of them going anywhere from 7-5 to 11-1. Kellen Mond is just so inconsistent I can't see him leading A&M to a banner-type year.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
The portal didn't change that. The NCAA and their schizophrenic method of applying the rules is what did it. The portal wouldn't be as bad without all these random and uneven bullshit waivers.

Reactions: ih8f$u
The portal didn't change that. The NCAA and their schizophrenic method of applying the rules is what did it. The portal wouldn't be as bad without all these random and uneven bullshit waivers.

.......says the fan of the team that can’t keep anybody from transferring. Those “February National Titles” are built on sinking sand.

.......says the fan of the team that can’t keep anybody from transferring. Those “February National Titles” are built on sinking sand.
LOL. Where did this come from? is every thought you have about Georgia? We've taken in quite a few as well. No more leaving georgia than any other school recruiting blue chippers.

Lol, yes, oh the irony......do the Dawggies even understand........
True irony is a bammer fan on a Gator board attempting to deride Georgia fans for being on a Gator board. Especially when said bammer says the Georgia fans should go to the ga tech board. Just doesn't get any richer than this. But this is his history. Explains why an entire board, including other Bama posters, left him behind, so he had to find a place to accept him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT