ADVERTISEMENT

So...when Zach Evans commits to Florida...

Is this that RB? If it is he seems to get a lot of reaction when people try to project his success in college with some thinking he will be a star for sure and others not sold on him at all. Not a lot of middle ground it seems with the opinions on him.

Is this that RB? If it is he seems to get a lot of reaction when people try to project his success in college with some thinking he will be a star for sure and others not sold on him at all. Not a lot of middle ground it seems with the opinions on him.
He’s like the best running back prospect since Marcus Dupree. But, tons of baggage, issues, and nonsense. Everybody is going bananas, and sadgator thought it was hilarious that some recruiting folks were speculating Florida on the radio this am. He ain’t coming to Florida.

... he's not coming for an OV.

His loss...

florida-gator-cheerleaders-500-79.jpg

He’s like the best running back prospect since Marcus Dupree. But, tons of baggage, issues, and nonsense. Everybody is going bananas, and sadgator thought it was hilarious that some recruiting folks were speculating Florida on the radio this am. He ain’t coming to Florida.

Looking at these composite # 1 RBs for the past decade most have success but a few have been derailed by either injury or multiple arrests. Probably a better track record than top QBs however.

I feel good about our running back situation. Two guys that have proven they have star potential. Keep those two guys healthy and it will be a formidable 1-2 punch. There is depth behind them as well.

Reactions: instaGATOR
With Dan's game planning and a decent OL, any of the RB's on the Gator roster can get it done in the running game portion of the offense.

Reactions: SwampLander
Huh? This guy has major major issues and baggage.
I’ll be surprised if he makes it anywhere.

This dude is generational.

He is going to be a major league pain in the ass for sure wherever he goes...but everybody is gonna know this dude’s name when it is all said and done...

Heard Norvell is sneaking a visit but heard its less than 1% likely

I want Evans but if we don't get him I'll say I was against it the whole time. If we do get him and get run off the program, that's not on me! lol

Reactions: sadgator
Granted I don't follow recruiting anymore, but if the #13 player in the rankings is generational, then this has to be the best and deepest class Rivals has ever had.

I don't follow anymore so maybe it is.
He is the number 1 ranked running back. Don’t know relative to those other players, but keep paying attention. You’ll get it. Again, please bookmark this thread for later.

From all indications the Gators have a solid locker room. Let’s not tear it down with players that are not all in with Dan’s team first roster.

He is the number 1 ranked running back. Don’t know relative to those other players, but keep paying attention. You’ll get it. Again, please bookmark this thread for later.

I honestly don't care if he's the next Derrick Henry or the next Jim Bob Cooter. Although if he has baggage and issues, I wonder why Auburn isn't high on him...

I honestly don't care if he's the next Derrick Henry or the next Jim Bob Cooter. Although if he has baggage and issues, I wonder why Auburn isn't high on him...
Auburn would much rather he go commit a bunch of felonies at Georgia first before UGLY has to kick him to the curb before they can sweep in and be his second chance. That's how it works.

He might be...he can get talent though...that's like 75% of it...he's a really good offensive mind IMO but over all...he's won a National title...100-32 as a HBC....not so shabby.
Yes he is a very good recruiter but Most of those wins are in the watered down ACC. I believe he has lost 4 or more games in 5 of the 10 seasons he’s been a head coach.

Granted I don't follow recruiting anymore, but if the #13 player in the rankings is generational, then this has to be the best and deepest class Rivals has ever had.

I don't follow anymore so maybe it is.

I was wondering that also as many # 1 rated RBs have been higher in the non-position specific rankings. Some even the # 1 player overall. The composite of the rankings has him # 11 overall I believe.

Finally watched tape of this kid. Obviously fast and strong and reminds me of the high school tape of the transfer we are getting from Miami - Lorenzo Lingard who was the # 2 composite RB his year coming out.

Last edited:
Yes he is a very good recruiter but Most of those wins are in the watered down ACC. I believe he has lost 4 or more games in 5 of the 10 seasons he’s been a head coach.

He was 11 and 1 against the sec at FSU.... Also had at a win against Saban as OC

Gator RB coming out of HS per 247:
(2019 roster Ht & W, 2020 class listed)

#26 Malik Davis 5-11 195 rsJr *** 0.8765
Solid talent, but has been slow to recover from a Fr ACL.

#8 RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Jr **** 0.9209
The very likely starter for 2020.

#16 RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 193 rsSo **** 0.8958
JMOHO, but this kid is better than some might believe.

#16 Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr **** 0.9061
Great young man, hard worker, his time will come.

#2 RB Lorenzo Lingard 6-0 200 rsSo ***** 0.9861
A Mia xfer. He will need a waiver to play in 2020.

FNG??? We'll see... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT