ADVERTISEMENT

So much for Willie Taggart

You guys are nuts. These assistant coaches haven’t worked together before. If Oregon hadn’t screwed over Taggart and let his assistants come with him to FSU we’d be 3-0 and the experts would be talking about us winning the ACC. They’re just getting used to working together in real games now. It will work itself out.

I'm not sure the clock running out was entirely on Taggart. It looks like the receiver was supposed to run out of bounds but didn't.

He did make a strategic error in trying to cut it that close with a team that resembles the Keystone Cops more than a football team. Once there were less than 15 seconds on the clock, he should have just called a field goal and gone into Halftime with some fresh points on the board.

I'm not sure the clock running out was entirely on Taggart. It looks like the receiver was supposed to run out of bounds but didn't.

He did make a strategic error in trying to cut it that close with a team that resembles the Keystone Cops more than a football team. Once there were less than 15 seconds on the clock, he should have just called a field goal and gone into Halftime with some fresh points on the board.

That's 100% on the QB. Just a terrible decision.

Please come back down to planet Earth!

Reality:

Va Tech: L

Samford: W; barely

Syracuse: L, embarrassing blow out

N. Illinois: W, but not by 40. Your offense won’t sniff 40 this season.

Louisville: L

Miami: L

Wake: W, but close game

Clemson: L

NC State: Toss up, NC State is 2-0, but they haven’t played anyone, so at this point it’s hard to say how they compare to FSU

Notre Dame: L

BC: Toss up; BC is 3-0, but it’s still BC

Florida: L

At best, dumpster FSU will go 5-7 this season, but 4-8 isn’t a stretch. This season will be the beginning of the end for Taggart. If FSU could fire him after only 1 season they would but that never happens. I put the over/under on Taggart’s tenure at FSU at 2.5 years.

Taggart needs to get a 6-8 year run. FSU is known for their patience with coaches. They let Bobby suck for the last 10 years of his tenure, let Mike Martin not win a title in 30 years, and have had a dozen years of mediocrity with Leonard Hamilton.

By that time, Florida should be dominating recruiting in the state, and FSU can hire another bad coach and go through it again. They haven't had to deal with the coaching carousel, they are overdue.

Reactions: PacoGator19
We just have to make a few adjustments. Run some i formations and quick pass plays which we will.

N Illinois: we will crush them by 40
Louisville: we win by two TDs
Miami: W. It’s a rivalry so it’s close
Wake: L. Too high after the Miami win
Clemson: L. Just barely. We always play them tough
NC State: easy W. They have no talent.
Notre Dame: W. They barely beat Vandy.
Boston College: W. It’s Boston College. They stink.
Florida: W. I would say close but our talent level is light years ahead of you guys and by then we will be cranking with the i formations and quick passes.

Only four losses on the season is a big improvement from last year.

Please run I formation with that Oline. 2nd and 12 will be your new friend. And the way your QB stares down receivers, you will throw a lot of TD's with those quick passes, just not to your team.

You guys are nuts. These assistant coaches haven’t worked together before. If Oregon hadn’t screwed over Taggart and let his assistants come with him to FSU we’d be 3-0 and the experts would be talking about us winning the ACC. They’re just getting used to working together in real games now. It will work itself out.

You actually think edging out SAMFORD and getting killed by a Syracuse team with back to back 8 loss seasons is because the coaching staff hasn't worked together?

Bless your heart.

We just have to make a few adjustments. Run some i formations and quick pass plays which we will.

N Illinois: we will crush them by 40
Louisville: we win by two TDs
Miami: W. It’s a rivalry so it’s close
Wake: L. Too high after the Miami win
Clemson: L. Just barely. We always play them tough
NC State: easy W. They have no talent.
Notre Dame: W. They barely beat Vandy.
Boston College: W. It’s Boston College. They stink.
Florida: W. I would say close but our talent level is light years ahead of you guys and by then we will be cranking with the i formations and quick passes.

Only four losses on the season is a big improvement from last year.

Lmao

Please run I formation with that Oline. 2nd and 12 will be your new friend. And the way your QB stares down receivers, you will throw a lot of TD's with those quick passes, just not to your team.
That’s what play action and quick passes are for. And their are lots of different i formations so y’all will just have to pick you poisoin. You’ll see.

You actually think edging out SAMFORD and getting killed by a Syracuse team with back to back 8 loss seasons is because the coaching staff hasn't worked together?

Bless your heart.
It’s true. Oregon was totilly in the wrong with how they treated him. They showed no appresheation to him and what he did up there for there program.

That’s what play action and quick passes are for. And their are lots of different i formations so y’all will just have to pick you poisoin. You’ll see.

Play action only works when you get more than -2 yards per rush.

Play action only works if the linebackers have to run support. And the defensive line can be blocked for more than 2 seconds. And the QB doesn't stare down his receivers. But yeah, it's a sure winner. Go for it.

The I formation is one formation. That's why it's called THE I formation, not an I formation. Yes, you can have 2 TE, change the oline splits, make other minor modifications, but it's just ONE formation.

So what I have seen is FSU barely beating a Samford team that just lost to 1-AA MERCER, and be shut out (except for a late TD against the scrubs) by a Syracuse team that gave up 42 points to WESTERN MICHIGAN.

So while you live in a fantasy world, I live in the real world where FSU SUCKS BALLS.

One other point: Your position on changing to the I formation is utterly ridiculous. Do you actually think your football coaches don't know what the I formation is? Or how to throw quick passes? Either they have already decided they won't work (and they surely know a lot more than you), or they actually haven't considered that option, and you have literally the STUPIDEST coaching staff in all of football, all the way down to PeeWee leagues.

So what I have seen is FSU barely beating a Samford team that just lost to 1-AA MERCER, and be shut out (except for a late TD against the scrubs) by a Syracuse team that gave up 42 points to WESTERN MICHIGAN.

So while you live in a fantasy world, I live in the real world where FSU SUCKS BALLS.

One other point: Your position on changing to the I formation is utterly ridiculous. Do you actually think your football coaches don't know what the I formation is? Or how to throw quick passes? Either they have already decided they won't work (and they surely know a lot more than you), or they actually haven't considered that option, and you have literally the STUPIDEST coaching staff in all of football, all the way down to PeeWee leagues.
You know you're responding to a troll, right? Unless a miracle happens we aren't winning more than 3 games.

It’s true. Oregon was totilly in the wrong with how they treated him. They showed no appresheation to him and what he did up there for there program.
What exactly did he do for their program. Took the job, barely made a .500 season...skipped town.

You expect street signs and parades for the guy?

The I formation is one formation. That's why it's called THE I formation, not an I formation. Yes, you can have 2 TE, change the oline splits, make other minor modifications, but it's just ONE formation.
The Power I, the Goal line I, the split I, the Tight I, The Big I, you are right, it's basically all the same besides moving a player or 3 around. It works great for my 7th grade team. Its funny this great hire of a coach has to resort to a junior high offense and sumc thinks it will work well in P5 D1 football.

Reactions: keyzer soze
Oh I was hoping you new about football. I can see now your don’t. This is why it’s hard talking football with Gator fans. You don’t now what your watching.

Oh I was hoping you new about football. I can see now your don’t. This is why it’s hard talking football with Gator fans. You don’t now what your watching.

And people wonder why i hate my own fan base.... Example of moron #1

In fairness, we’re probably the last ones that should be ragging on another team for a bad coaching hire...

At the same time, we definitely are experts on what a bad one looks like...
Your positive attitude is so refreshing. Mullins was directly responsible for 2 National Championship, 4 NFL QB, and you are so smart you can evaluate his head coaching abilities?

Looking at their schedule, they may not win another game. Can't believe some of the 'fans' here wanted to hire him over Mullens LOL

Your positive attitude is so refreshing. Mullins was directly responsible for 2 National Championship, 4 NFL QB, and you are so smart you can evaluate his head coaching abilities?

We hired Muschamp McElwain and Zook. We KNOW what a bad coaching hire looks like.

We hired Muschamp McElwain and Zook. We KNOW what a bad coaching hire looks like.

67804830.jpg

Not sold on Mullens.

Also agree that the only possible wins left are NIU and Wake and that's a coin toss.

That was mostly for the two Florida 'fans' who wanted Taggart and everyone else before Mullen. FWIW, when it was announced that FSU hired Taggart, my first thought was "Seems like they could have done better than that".

Mullen will be fine. He might not win enough games soon enough to please some fans, but he'll eventually get Florida to a place where they are contending for the East every year.

That was mostly for the two Florida 'fans' who wanted Taggart and everyone else before Mullens. FWIW, when it was announced that FSU hired Taggart, my first thought was "Seems like they could have done better than that".

Mullen will be fine. He might not win enough games soon enough to please some fans, but he'll eventually get Florida to a place where they are contending for the East every year.

Pfft. There are "some fans" who could watch us go 15-0 back to back years and complain because we won two of the games by single digits.

He began the season feared and dreaded as 'WILD BILL' by the criminole opponents. :eek:

But now his opponents are looking forward to seeing 'sweet William' on the field.... ;)

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT