ADVERTISEMENT

So every SEC team won except Vandy

But I just want to make sure I understand what you guys are saying. You're saying you don't have a problem with an undefeated defending national champion missing the playoffs?? Correct??

Correct. And it isn't an FSU thing for me. In 09' we remained at #1 all throughout the year despite being very pedestrian and I didn't think we were deserving of being ranked #1 at the time. But I know they kept us there to set up the #1 vs. #2 matchup with Bama. Texas, Bama, and a few other teams had better wins too.

I mean every year is a different year. Let's say Ohio State wins the title this year, loses all the people they're projected to lose, and then next year they play another creampuff schedule squeaking by bad to mediocre teams week after week while other teams are more impressive. Why should they get in if other teams are more impressive, play a tougher schedule, etc.? It's not the same team as the year before with completely different players. That team hasn't earned anything by virtue of the last year's team being good.

Correct. And it isn't an FSU thing for me. In 09' we remained at #1 all throughout the year despite being very pedestrian and I didn't think we were deserving of being ranked #1 at the time. But I know they kept us there to set up the #1 vs. #2 matchup with Bama. Texas, Bama, and a few other teams had better wins too.

I mean every year is a different year. Let's say Ohio State wins the title this year, loses all the people they're projected to lose, and then next year they play another creampuff schedule squeaking by bad to mediocre teams week after week while other teams are more impressive. Why should they get in if other teams are more impressive, play a tougher schedule, etc.? It's not the same team as the year before with completely different players. That team hasn't earned anything by virtue of the last year's team being good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the goal of the game is to win correct?? Doesn't matter how ugly it is, you have to win. Now we bascially have people who put teams with losses ahead of P5 teams that's undefeated because I guess the other team looked better in their loss than someone looked in a win. It's ridiculous. Ohio State looked like pure horse crap against VT last year but still won the NC. They were added to the final 4 the last week of the season. Who's to say Baylor or TCU couldn't win it?? OSU was down to their 3rd string QB and still got in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the goal of the game is to win correct?? Doesn't matter how ugly it is, you have to win. Now we bascially have people who put teams with losses ahead of P5 teams that's undefeated because I guess the other team looked better in their loss than someone looked in a win. It's ridiculous. Ohio State looked like pure horse crap against VT last year but still won the NC. They were added to the final 4 the last week of the season. Who's to say Baylor or TCU couldn't win it?? OSU was down to their 3rd string QB and still got in.

You're looking at it too simplistically. If Team A beats it's 6-6 opponent by 14 while Team B beats it's 9-3 opponent by 10, which is more impressive? They both won, but obviously everyone would be more impressed with Team B. Likewise if Team A loses a single game by 3 to a top 10 caliber team while having a top 25 schedule, while Team B goes undefeated against a schedule ranked 70th in the country, which is more impressive? It can't be as simple as just winning because to me then you encourage crap like Power 5 schools scheduling nothing but creampuffs to get in the dance. Look at Texas A&M this year. They have 8 home games, don't leave the state of Texas for 9 of 12 games, and have Ball State, Nevada, and Western Carolina OOC. If they go undefeated while a team with a much tougher schedule has 1-loss, why should they automatically get in? That's the kind of crap you encourage when you don't penalize teams for playing nobody and trying to schedule their way into the playoff.

When it came to FSU, you guys trailed in something like 9 of 12 games, which should not be happening to one of the 4 best teams in the country objectively speaking. And IIRC only two of FSU's opponents finished the year ranked. By comparison I believe TCU only trailed in 2 games all year.

Mad? Not in the least bit. Annoyed? Some.

I'm not like some on here and make nole posts. I rarely even interact with you all. This is one of the few times.

Honestly I laugh that although having recent success, you guys still hang out on a Gator board. Y'all that bored?

The reason I say 8 is because TCU or Baylor deserved a shot. 4 is just not enough to include all the deserving teams. I agree with you about the conference camps though. Definitely shouldn't be automatic by winning the conference.

I'm with oozie. NO TO EIGHT! TCU and Baylor can blame the Big 12 for not having a Champ game OR making a stand and identifying a winner. I blame the Big 12 not the system.

You're looking at it too simplistically. If Team A beats it's 6-6 opponent by 14 while Team B beats it's 9-3 opponent by 10, which is more impressive? They both won, but obviously everyone would be more impressed with Team B. Likewise if Team A loses a single game by 3 to a top 10 caliber team while having a top 25 schedule, while Team B goes undefeated against a schedule ranked 70th in the country, which is more impressive? It can't be as simple as just winning because to me then you encourage crap like Power 5 schools scheduling nothing but creampuffs to get in the dance. Look at Texas A&M this year. They have 8 home games, don't leave the state of Texas for 9 of 12 games, and have Ball State, Nevada, and Western Carolina OOC. If they go undefeated while a team with a much tougher schedule has 1-loss, why should they automatically get in? That's the kind of crap you encourage when you don't penalize teams for playing nobody and trying to schedule their way into the playoff.

When it came to FSU, you guys trailed in something like 9 of 12 games, which should not be happening to one of the 4 best teams in the country objectively speaking. And IIRC only two of FSU's opponents finished the year ranked. By comparison I believe TCU only trailed in 2 games all year.

That's why I brought up OSU. They lost at home to a garbage VT team, down to the 3rd string QB and still got in. And they REALLY don't play anyone. They play one ranked team this entire season.

Not a slam, but how long have you been posting here?

I actually like some of the posters here and consider them friends. Heck, you'd be surprised what goes on behind the scenes.

Check out the join date. I was one of the first ones that joined when Rivals.com revamped. Gator Country and The Swamp.com were the first Gator pages part of rivals network. Rivals revamped the system. Gator Country took different avenues before where they are now. The Swamp.com disappeared. Gator Bait took over them went to 247 sports and ITG took over,

Yes most of time you bring "comedy" and yes I know you have been around for a while. However it still gets old watching you spin every post into a nole post and the "rapid response" team follows suit. But you are an old timer so I guess you have that right. It is just funny I was not the the original one complaining about you spinning everything Nole. Gray was.

But to answer your question, I've been here the longest. (With the exception possibly Insta) I read more then I post. So I guess I'm not as cool as you.

I'm just glad you didn't Google 28 pictures of shirtless male Gator fans along with 44 pics of shirtless Tim Tebow photos this time.

Anyway have a nice day, as said you aren't the main problem...it is the other numerous rapid responders and spinners.

This thread is prime example. It mentioned all SEC teams winning except for Vandy but turned into multiple threads of FSU.

That's why I brought up OSU. They lost at home to a garbage VT team, down to the 3rd string QB and still got in. And they REALLY don't play anyone. They play one ranked team this entire season.

Yea even though they proved their worth once they got there, I'm of the belief OSU shouldn't have gotten in last year. But, we all know why they did. OSU and their tradition and their fanbase that travels>>>> two small private schools in Texas. Which is BS, but idk what the answer is. I personally don't like the committee. I would have preferred if they kept the BCS rankings and then just picked the top 4 teams from the rankings.

Check out the join date. I was one of the first ones that joined when Rivals.com revamped. Gator Country and The Swamp.com were the first Gator pages part of rivals network. Rivals revamped the system. Gator Country took different avenues before where they are now. The Swamp.com disappeared. Gator Bait took over them went to 247 sports and ITG took over,

Yes most of time you bring "comedy" and yes I know you have been around for a while. However it still gets old watching you spin every post into a nole post and the "rapid response" team follows suit. But you are an old timer so I guess you have that right. It is just funny I was not the the original one complaining about you spinning everything Nole. Gray was.

But to answer your question, I've been here the longest. (With the exception possibly Insta) I read more then I post. So I guess I'm not as cool as you.

I'm just glad you didn't Google 28 pictures of shirtless male Gator fans along with 44 pics of shirtless Tim Tebow photos this time.

Anyway have a nice day, as said you aren't the main problem...it is the other numerous rapid responders and spinners.

This thread is prime example. It mentioned all SEC teams winning except for Vandy but turned into multiple threads of FSU.

I'm not sure why you're getting defensive...I wasn't calling you out or attacking you. I simply asked how long you've been around out of curiosity...not sure how one's post count is attributed to a person's relevancy or "cool" status anyway. I digress...

I understand your gripe and 9x out of 10 FSU is only brought up (by me) in FSU threads. Heck, this thread isn't even an exception. I was messing with Pass regarding previous ESPN and SEC bias nonsense...not sure how that makes this an FSU thread...heck, I even took one humorous shot AT FSU in gest (which I've since removed for obvious reasons).

Again, go back and look at which threads I post about FSU and compare them to the thread title (and who started the thread).

Regardless, sorry for the confusion and my part in any hijack of this thread.

I'm not sure why you're getting defensive...I wasn't calling you out or attacking you. I simply asked how long you've been around out of curiosity...not sure how one's post count is attributed to a person's relevancy or "cool" status anyway. I digress...

I understand your gripe and 9x out of 10 FSU is only brought up (by me) in FSU threads. Heck, this thread isn't even an exception. I was messing with Pass regarding previous ESPN and SEC bias nonsense...not sure how that makes this an FSU thread...heck, I even took one humorous shot AT FSU in gest (which I've since removed for obvious reasons).

Again, go back and look at which threads I post about FSU and compare them to the thread title (and who started the thread).

I'm not defensive. You asked a question. I answered it. No problem.

And maybe I wasn't clear on how I originally said it. I am use to you and a few more long time Noles. Y'all stuck around thru thick and thin. It is the newer bunch that have some type of alert that has them on quick response of any mention of Noles.

They (and you included) say that y'all are keeping the board alive. Ok, sometimes yes but in turn it also turns many Gator fans away from here and to other pages where we don't have to sift thru the rival smack talk or FSU related or hijacked threads.

And I was poking fun at you in jest for posting shirtless pics of Tebow and Gator men. You trumped that finding the pics of the only hot chicks in New Mexico.

I have no problem with you, just sick.of half threads being flipped to UF/FSU.

But to answer you once again, I joined in May 2001 if that means anything.

And maybe I wasn't clear on how I originally said it. I am use to you and a few more long time Noles. Y'all stuck around thru thick and thin. It is the newer bunch that have some type of alert that has them on quick response of any mention of Noles.

They (and you included) say that y'all are keeping the board alive. Ok, sometimes yes but in turn it also turns many Gator fans away from here and to other pages where we don't have to sift thru the rival smack talk or FSU related or hijacked threads.

And I was poking fun at you in jest for posting shirtless pics of Tebow and Gator men. You trumped that finding the pics of the only hot chicks in New Mexico.

Are you blaming Noles for the tons of FSU threads on this board or do you want us to not post in them?? According to you, how should we proceed??

Are you blaming Noles for the tons of FSU threads on this board or do you want us to not post in them?? According to you, how should we proceed??

I don't make the rules around here so do as you please with Pass...JD and whomever.

But I don't have a problem with Noles responding to Nole related threads. Half of the Gator posters here ask for it. I myself would be the first to a Gator thread on the Vol page, especially when the clueless idiot MD Vol posted it,

Problem is this thread for example. Why even post in it and have the convo switched to anything FSU. It was about Vandy losing and all other SEC teams winning. FSU chest thumping on every non FSU threads gets old. Stick to the thread of the RB who is mean to puppies.

Sorry, I took the comment, "So I guess I'm not as cool as you" as being defensive. Thanks for clarifying (further), we're good.

And you're correct (I and a few others) will take as much as we give. We post when we're 14-0 or 0-14, congratulate when appropriate as well as mock. Many of the "newbies" forget those of us who were here during our 7-6 seasons watching Tebow pummel us.

IMO, I've "earned" the right to post, but I caveat that with the fact this is NOT an FSU board and there are rules to be followed. When I break them, I get banned (just like everyone else).

Thanks for the OT chat.

Lets get back to football.

So....how many winning seasons has New Mexico State had in the last 40 years? ;)

Sorry, I took the comment, "So I guess I'm not as cool as you" as being defensive. Thanks for clarifying (further), we're good.

And you're correct (I and a few others) will take as much as we give. We post when we're 14-0 or 0-14, congratulate when appropriate as well as mock. Many of the "newbies" forget those of us who were here during our 7-6 seasons watching Tebow pummel us.

IMO, I've "earned" the right to post, but I caveat that with the fact this is NOT an FSU board and there are rules to be followed. When I break them, I get banned (just like everyone else).

Thanks for the OT chat.

Lets get back to football.

So....how many winning seasons has New Mexico State had in the last 40 years? ;)

I reckon as many as that team from the Lone Star state has had.

But I just want to make sure I understand what you guys are saying. You're saying you don't have a problem with an undefeated defending national champion missing the playoffs?? Correct??
No one said that an undefeated ACC team deserved to miss the playoffs, you dumb ass. Learn to read.

We merely said the undefeated ACC champ barely made it in. Thus demonstrating a one loss ACC champ would not.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
No one said that an undefeated ACC team deserved to miss the playoffs, you dumb ass. Learn to read.

We merely said the undefeated ACC champ barely made it in. Thus demonstrating a one loss ACC champ would not.

The reason the "undefeated ACC champ barely made it in" had NOTHING to do with that team being in the ACC. It was because that team didn't look like a top 4 team (at any point in the season). That team had to come from behind almost every single game and the defense was a shell of its former 2014 self. I guarantee you if FSU boat raced all it's opponents like it did in 2014, they would have been a number 1 seed. If you disagree, well....you're wrong.

What might be interesting is if a one loss ACC champion and a one loss BG10 are vying for a final spot.

Then it should come down to the teams individual SOS and on-field performance, not just the fact they're in the ACC or BIG 10.

Imagine if the teams FSU scheduled in 2014 had lived up to their normal on-field performance. Despite being in the ACC, facing UF, Miami, ND, Louisville, Clemson and OK St would have been an impressive schedule.

Yet oozie agreed when I posed the question to him. BTW, your Internet tough guy routine is not impressive.

The reason the "undefeated ACC champ barely made it in" had NOTHING to do with that team being in the ACC. It was because that team didn't look like a top 4 team (at any point in the season). That team had to come from behind almost every single game and the defense was a shell of its former 2014 self. I guarantee you if FSU boat raced all it's opponents like it did in 2014, they would have been a number 1 seed. If you disagree, well....you're wrong.
Fair enough. But FSU was not *only* struggling against good teams. They were struggling against unranked and bad teams. The Florida team and several mediocre ACC teams being examples. The fact that FSU is in the ACC and most of the ACC teams are mediocre IS the point

According to Massey's Final ranking, FSU only played two top ten team last year and lost one of them. Ga Tech also ended up in the aggregated top ten at #9. The next best teams was Clemson and they finished at 15. No other FSU opponent ended up in the top 25.

Last edited:
Then it should come down to the teams individual SOS and on-field performance, not just the fact they're in the ACC or BIG 10.

I agree. I was not suggesting teams be left out *because* they are in the ACC. I am saying that one loss ACC Champions do not get the benefit of the doubt. Particularly when they look bad even in wins.There are just not enough good teams in the ACC to give a one loss champion much cache.

Imagine if the teams FSU scheduled in 2014 had lived up to their normal on-field performance.

Sorry, but this is just fracking stupid. Sure I can imagine that. But I can also imagine a undefeated Gator team last year too. But neither happened, so it is stupid to speculate

Overall a pretty good first weekend for the SEC. The A&M win was impressive, Bama looks like normal Bama, Auburn looks to be over ranked, but otherwise good start.

Heck, you'd be surprised what goes on behind the scenes.

wait-what-dog.jpg

You consider yourself a "big boy"?? No wonder you curse on the Internet when you get mad. Smh. I'll leave you alone tough guy.

You asked earlier why I disliked an overrun of Noles on this board. Prime example. You are a guest. This is a Florida board. You are on here instigating with a Gator fan. Your disrespectful act gets old.

You asked earlier why I disliked an overrun of Noles on this board. Prime example. You are a guest. This is a Florida board. You are on here instigating with a Gator fan. Your disrespectful act gets old.

LOL dude get over yourself. I wasn't even talking to MJ then he calls me a "dumb ass" but I'm the one being disrespectful?? I never go at posters on this board but MJ really shouldn't call posters childish names like that either. You can't be serious.

I wasn't even talking to MJ then he calls me a "dumb ass" but I'm the one being disrespectful?? I never go at posters on this board but MJ really shouldn't call posters childish names like that either. You can't be serious.

Yes, he can. We do not have a rule against being serious.

We also don't have a rule against being a dumb ass, so you're good, too..

Yes, he can. We do not have a rule against being serious.

We also don't have a rule against being a dumb ass, so you're good, too..

Smh. I was talking football with oozie and MJ chimed in with his vile attack and now a Mod is calling me a dumb ass?? Wow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT