ADVERTISEMENT

So did we learn anything from Mac today?

I remember that feeling, we went thru dre weatherford and xavier Lee and tons of other crap bags. All of sudden, boom, Winston is there. U guys with an amazing qb soon enough. Law of averages says so.
Jimbo is an elite recruiter though and runs a very simple but solid offense though...Mac has proven to close well in recruiting but we have yet to see a decent or good offense yet or any decent QB play. When Bobby fell off FSU had some dark years but Jimbo has proven to be a solid and good HBC for College IMO...guy knows how to get the players and win.

Reactions: fsu939913
well getting to Atlanta sure turned out to be useless, especially after getting beat down worse than Nebraska did us in 95 to break more negative school history marks... With the same defense on every snap whether it was from their own one or our own one.. At least thank God we got rid of the growing tumor on the only good part of football we had left on defense...The vandy game was the end of him for sure with me...They flat out run 3 plays and it was working because our DC just chose to let it, just like Bama...

well getting to Atlanta sure turned out to be useless, especially after getting beat down worse than Nebraska did us in 95 to break more negative school history marks... With the same defense on every snap whether it was from their own one or our own one.. At least thank God we got rid of the growing tumor on the only good part of football we had left on defense...The vandy game was the end of him for sure with me...They flat out run 3 plays and it was working because our DC just chose to let it, just like Bama...
Fair point but that DC is gone. Mac was left with what he was left with and it was worse than we've seen since Spurrier (one of the best ever) took over. Zook left Meyer with a pot of gold. You're right though...I'm not saying that Mac is the guy but not everyone is going to be the instant success...hell I don't even care if he's the guy...but he's doing a good job with what he's been given...that's all I'm saying. Our defense has been all that we've had in the last few years and I know that it's straight talent but it's been our saving grace.

Reactions: sadgator
This year will tell you everything you need to know, but if Zaire covers it up for another year and the defense gets better... but if they suck with zaire and we are still getting grounded and pounded by FSU and Bama's time to move on... and before everyone else in the SEC takes advantage of their down turns before us sitting in rich mediocrity, and even worse with an offense just like the last coaches when "thats why we brought this one in to replace it, the fans wanted offense" well.......

Reactions: Michi-Gator
This year will tell you everything you need to know, but if Zaire covers it up for another year and the defense gets better... but if they suck with zaire and we are still getting grounded and pounded by FSU and Bama's time to move on... and before everyone else in the SEC takes advantage of their down turns before us sitting in rich mediocrity, and even worse with an offense just like the last coaches when "thats why we brought this one in to replace it, the fans wanted offense" well.......

I remember Foley saying he brought Mac in to bring back the offensive punch the fans were wanting and Mac saying his offense would be something to behold or something similar. lol

Well its year 3 - no more excuses for the offense any longer as its his players and QBs.

Anybody who thinks Mac is on the hot seat or some kind of short leash watch is nuts.

The dude has the past two SECCG (the goal every year) in his pocket and does nothing but the right things.

He is a cerebral character, and actually, this media days performance may have been one of his better performances. sadgator finds him more and more likable as time goes.

That being said, the QB thing is a serious problem. If he fields another retread who can't get it done, the young guys are going to either leave, lose confidence, or it will cost him future QB (and other young talent) recruits. At that point, a couple years from now at the earliest, things could potentially nose dive. But we aren't anywheres close to that at the moment.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Anybody who thinks Mac is on the hot seat or some kind of short leash watch is nuts.

The dude has the past two SECCG (the goal every year) in his pocket and does nothing but the right things.

He is a cerebral character, and actually, this media days performance may have been one of his better performances. sadgator finds him more and more likable as time goes.

That being said, the QB thing is a serious problem. If he fields another retread who can't get it done, the young guys are going to either leave, lose confidence, or it will cost him future QB (and other young talent) recruits. At that point, a couple years from now at the earliest, things could potentially nose dive. But we aren't anywheres close to that at the moment.

An opening loss to Michigan and a final 6-6 or 7-5 record could possible get the big money people pushing hard for a change especially if the offense is trash again. He is not 100% safe in that scenario. I think he goes at least 8-4 however assuring himself another year but if the offense isn't turned around he will be on one really hot seat in 2018.

Heck if somehow we started 2-2 with a crappy offense the noise would be huge to make a change. I hope something crazy like that doesn't happen.

Reactions: bradleygator
An opening loss to Michigan and a final 6-6 or 7-5 record could possible get the big money people pushing hard for a change especially if the offense is trash again. He is not 100% safe in that scenario. I think he goes at least 8-4 however assuring himself another year but if the offense isn't turned around he will be on one really hot seat in 2018.

Heck if somehow we started 2-2 with a crappy offense the noise would be huge to make a change. I hope something crazy like that doesn't happen.

He has to get the offense moving. It's unacceptable to go three years with a crap offense and crap quarterback play. It shouldn't be that hard. There are teams all over the country spreading defenses out and stampeding up and down the field. If you can't find a quarterback to move the ball in theee years, then you are the problem. He can keep his job with bad offense so long as he keeps making it to Atlanta, but he'll have no margin for error. As Gator Fever said, the first rough patch we hit, the knives will be out.

All that said, I'm cautiously optimistic that he will get the offense moving in the right direction this year.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Fair point but that DC is gone. Mac was left with what he was left with and it was worse than we've seen since Spurrier (one of the best ever) took over. Zook left Meyer with a pot of gold. You're right though...I'm not saying that Mac is the guy but not everyone is going to be the instant success...hell I don't even care if he's the guy...but he's doing a good job with what he's been given...that's all I'm saying. Our defense has been all that we've had in the last few years and I know that it's straight talent but it's been our saving grace.

I don't consider it an actual good job with what he had. We basically won due to NFL talent on defense that was here when he arrived and almost every time we played a team that could match the defensive talent with their offensive talent we got pounded. Bama, FSU and LSU ran up the yards pretty good on us while our offense didn't do much at all against them except maybe the 2015 LSU game. Turnovers saved us in the 16 LSU game as they ran the yardage up on us but weren't scoring due to turnovers. Mac has got beat down against FSU and Bama twice and beat down against Michigan. The only games that stick out to me where it appeared we were out coaching the other team were the Ole Miss and Iowa games and that was it. Many other wins we were having to hold on against inferior opponents and got pounded by Arkansas.

How i view Mac as an FSU fan. I think mac is ok. He is better than muschamp. He is better than zook(except at recruiting zook is one of the all time greats). With the roster he had, making two SECCG is good. What would concern me is the FSU and Bama games. U cant get dusted by your rival and ur conference foe 2yrs in a row. I agree a lot of that had to do with his quarterback and im interested to see how well he would do with a legit passer. His recruiting was good, he closed well.

Look at Charles Kelly(fsu d coordinator). Since he took over, we have gotten floored by oregon, houston, Louisville..... I mean....floored. Then there are the games like UNC ,USF, and Clemson(who ran the same play over and over again). However, kelly is a good recruiter, players love him, but he screws the pooch on big games. I hope he has a great yr this yr but im not optimistic.

I bring that up becuz if i was a gator fan that is how i would feel towards Mac. He does good things, he recruits well(gotta find a qb tho) but he has to stop losing big to his rivals and conference schools that r good. A 28-14 game against bama would have been admirable.

I will b honest with u, im scared sh$$less this year to play Louisville.

An opening loss to Michigan and a final 6-6 or 7-5 record could possible get the big money people pushing hard for a change...
That is a fan perspective and sadgator doubts admin sees it that way.

However, sadgator does agree that if we get the absolute shit kicked out of us by Michigan and then happen to drop the home game to Tennessee, the pitchforks and torches are gonna come out for sure.

That is a fan perspective and sadgator doubts admin sees it that way.

However, sadgator does agree that if we get the absolute shit kicked out of us by Michigan and then happen to drop the home game to Tennessee, the pitchforks and torches are gonna come out for sure.

If mac is gunna win u the big one. He has to start by having a good yr this yr. This is his 3rd yr right? Cant remember if its 3rd or 4th. I dont think either of those games r must wins for him but they cant be blowouts. Suppose michigan wins 34-7 and then tenn wins 28-17. To me that would warrant a re evaluation, not saying he would or should get fired but that would put him in the hot seat if he loses both of those. If he wins 1 of thise i think he is fine unless he gets blownout by fsu and bama again.

I dont see the gates beating fsu or bama yet, talent gap especially at qb is still pretty wide. Fsu and bama both look to be two of the top 3 teams this yr. As long as he keeps it close with them, winnijg would be a huge notch on his belt. Next yr i would start expecting a split between those two if he is ur guy.

One thing about the talent gap at qb though, how much of that is on the coaches. Is it just coincidence that all those FSU 5 stars were busts under the Bowden bros and then as soon as Jimbo takes over they all start panning out? Is EJ Manuel a top 10 pick with Jeffey coaching him up? That's why it's concerning to me that we're still bringing in transfers to start at qb, although I am glad he's here if he's the best we have.

If we lose to Mich and UT we will be 1-2 and everybody will be going ape shit.

FSU is at home this year...not predicting a win, but if FSU fans are penciling in an automatic "W," they are probably gong to be in for a surprise.

You think we might actually muster up an offensive TD against FSU this year?

nah, FSU will be nowhere near as good as people think... back to the usual better part of the last 12 years in that respect... They were close to on their way without the ACC schedule kicking in to being an average joe 8-5 type team last year and then got to face a good matchup for them and no QB for michigan, them being in the Orange bowl was a miracle after the whiping from UL, loss to UNC and others and were losing to UM the entire way until a special teams gaffe to seal it in pure cane choking fashion.. Jimbo was having to tell the Showtime crew and explain to players they need to play for pride at this point because they can't compete for the title every year.. They were close to falling off last year but their schedule always helps that, even their average teams will always have ten wins with Wakes and Cuses and BC's of the universe on the schedule for filler til the end of time... Bowdens dying wishes for the FSU and ACC to be tighter than Foleys butthole with his checkbook open to buy our football program nice things

You think we might actually muster up an offensive TD against FSU this year?

yes, but as usual, our defense pretty much shuts them down every year way more than most on their schedule, our offense is just so bad they shut ours down worse.. We have rarely ever had any trouble stopping their offense aside from 2013 since Jimbo was there as a HCIW and since he was the Head Coach.. Their offense never scares our defense, all pro style teams with our defense, LSU's and Bamas will always hold their own... We did much better both the last few years against their offense compared to Bamas once they went more spread open based.. We realistically only need to do to them what they do to us, score early and play defense off of it and force them to finally open their playbook, and we could very easily do to them what they have done to us.. the last time we did that was the last time we beat them, and beat them down... It was zero coincidence, they are not some stellar level above us, no one is if we have QB play... That's why im so god damn frustrated all the time watching our games, we have the talent now and theres zero excuse for anything near the same bullshit anymore.. The games and excuses are over, either mac gets it done this year and puts us near or in the playoff hunt with 11 wins or he needs to get moving, and if not this year and it's showing we are close with another 10 win season even if we don't win the East like 2012 because of UGA's bullshit easy schedule compared to ours and only had to beat us that day to get to ATL from drizzle choking, it has to be this year or the next and recruiting has to change and be more elite... Because as of now Shannon and Spurrier are our recruiting saviors and we don't know how long one or either will be around for that in the long term... To bad Steve can't call our plays

Mac doesn't have 'it'. Richt's UGa is his peak. Spurrier and Meyer had 'it'. When their teams took the field you KNEW we were winning, they had every detail of the program nailed down. Spurrier got away without perfect recruiting because he is as good of an x and o guy as their is. Meyer was/is the best CEO of a program I have ever seen. Elite recruiter, best staff's around, and EVERY detail is covered, always. And I know those guys are rare, but right now we recruit at a mediocre level, we have bad assitants (sans a few) and Mac seems to eb about the least detail oriented man alive. And he just lacks the 'it' factor on the field. The length of his tenure will be determined by how ling the guys with the money accept 8-4 and getting trounced by elite teams.

And based on the fact we have thread after thread talking about all th starters Michigan lost, shouldn't that mean everyone's expectation is a win and nothing less? Or are people willing to concede its possible we get outprepared and outcoached?

I'm so tired of hearing about 'we won the East!' Let's be clear...the East is and has been absolute trash. Last year it was rated the 2nd worst Power 5 division only ahead of the ACC Coastal. And over the last two years Mac has a losing record against teams that finished the season ranked and in those losses the average margin of defeat is almost 3 TD's. So congrats we're the tallest midget? We haven't even been competitive against decent teams.

No one is asking for championships, playoff births, or anything on that level. I don't think it's too much to ask to not have one of the worst offenses in the country though and not get blown out just about every time we play an above average team. And before anyone mentions how he was left a dumpster fire, his offenses have been worst than those under Muschamp's. And we're in the top 5 for NFL draftees over the last three years. So.... There's still a giant question mark over Mac's head.

Reactions: seffnergator
Mac doesn't have 'it'. Richt's UGa is his peak. Spurrier and Meyer had 'it'. When their teams took the field you KNEW we were winning, they had every detail of the program nailed down. Spurrier got away without perfect recruiting because he is as good of an x and o guy as their is. Meyer was/is the best CEO of a program I have ever seen. Elite recruiter, best staff's around, and EVERY detail is covered, always. And I know those guys are rare, but right now we recruit at a mediocre level, we have bad assitants (sans a few) and Mac seems to eb about the least detail oriented man alive. And he just lacks the 'it' factor on the field. The length of his tenure will be determined by how ling the guys with the money accept 8-4 and getting trounced by elite teams.

And based on the fact we have thread after thread talking about all th starters Michigan lost, shouldn't that mean everyone's expectation is a win and nothing less? Or are people willing to concede its possible we get outprepared and outcoached?

Spurrier is the exact opposite of Saban and Meyer, but more fun to watch and more effective, if Spurrier stayed with the talent he started getting by 01, i don't wanna hear anyones bullshit, he would have continued to rape everyone.. And Spurrier has and always was the one shitting on Sabans teams worse than anyone and giving him all his worst defeats ever.. Saban lost to Zook their NC year with some let over spurrier talent.. so that's obvious there

I'm so tired of hearing about 'we won the East!' Let's be clear...the East is and has been absolute trash. Last year it was rated the 2nd worst Power 5 division only ahead of the ACC Coastal. And over the last two years Mac has a losing record against teams that finished the season ranked and in those losses the average margin of defeat is almost 3 TD's. So congrats we're the tallest midget? We haven't even been competitive against decent teams.

No one is asking for championships, playoff births, or anything on that level. I don't think it's too much to ask to not have one of the worst offenses in the country though and not get blown out just about every time we play an above average team. And before anyone mentions how he was left a dumpster fire, his offenses have been worst than those under Muschamp's. And we're in the top 5 for NFL draftees over the last three years. So.... There's still a giant question mark over Mac's head.

That's the funny thing about our program though, we just need a decent offense and QB play to be in the Championship hunt right away and every year... yet still field drizzles and Treons EVERY year, I've truly never seen anything like it, not only not even as bad at schools like SMU and Rice, but at a school that big in football to be that pathetic for so long and so incompetent throughout three staffs and even more OC's... while no matter who the DC is the defense is top ten, even with sideways hat dickthroat...

Well a good QB ain't gonna just show up. You need a staff who can recruit a top notch QB and then develop them once they get here. There are plenty of teams who've been waiting years for a QB and don't have one. LSU comes to mind.

And to clarify winning the East is obviously a good thing regardless of how bad it's been, but it shouldn't excuse all the other fails either. You look at things like the Michigan bowl game...what was that the second largest bowl game defeat in program history? And that was a team with a new coach taking over a 5-7 program. And they had no QB either...their QB got benched at Iowa on one of the worst offenses in the country and transferred. Harbaugh took him, developed him and the offense, and improved them in a few months capping off the year by embarrassing our defense full of top NFL picks with that knockoff QB. Meanwhile we're still hoping to break the top 100 in year three. It's stuff like that that can't just get excused because "we won the East bro!"

Well a good QB ain't gonna just show up. You need a staff who can recruit a top notch QB and then develop them once they get here. There are plenty of teams who've been waiting years for a QB and don't have one. LSU comes to mind.

And to clarify winning the East is obviously a good thing regardless of how bad it's been, but it shouldn't excuse all the other fails either. You look at things like the Michigan bowl game...what was that the second largest bowl game defeat in program history? And that was a team with a new coach taking over a 5-7 program. And they had no QB either...their QB got benched at Iowa on one of the worst offenses in the country and transferred. Harbaugh took him, developed him and the offense, and improved them in a few months capping off the year by embarrassing our defense full of top NFL picks with that knockoff QB. Meanwhile we're still hoping to break the top 100 in year three. It's stuff like that that can't just get excused because "we won the East bro!"

Well since im smart enough to know you weren't directing that at me or TELLING me that stuff and not get my panties in a bunch like a few we know here.. Yes, im aware that we aren't as bad off as LSU was with Miles wasting talent or trying to develop a QB with the Tennessee Titans spring rookie camp playbook, and our coach is nowhere near a Jim Harbaugh in terms of developing QB talent, at least not yet for sure and that's me being real generous when I trust my gut as a coach when all I can go off is what I see.. but that's what any casual fan would get out of your post, surface problems, that's all they know how to detect and discuss in this sport that's really not as difficult as people seem to make it out to be.. or maybe it is and since iv'e done it as a job since I was a kid indirectly before I ever got paid for it in reality it's just not as difficult for me.. Sometimes I think it is when I start rambling real quick on looks, reads, coverages, landmarks for routes and plays and people look at me sideways like im explaining a difficult advanced math teacher problem out loud. You know, the same exact people that are the casual "but we won the east bruh"s'...

but as I said, for me personally and should be or most, this is the year you know it all about this staff, if they are still butch jonesing when things go wrong and making young excuses or whatever it is butch jones and Zooks do when they suck as coaches, then you know everything and its' time to be fired.. With the players and his own recruited chosen guys to develop at QB you need no more than this year to know its there or it ain't, and won't even need a full season in reality either just by looking at their game planning on offense with how they call plays, what the patterns look like and how they set everything up if they are smart enough to have an end game and plan to win football games by out coaching other staffs.. because if you have a coach that can do that at schools like UF and LSU, not only do you win... you make teams quit and beat them down fairly easily and regularly like Spurrier and Meyers do and it's a regular thing.. and i know which guys know what they are talking about and which paul finebaums don't know shit about the sport they make a living discussing.. and guys like Phil Steele know what they are seeing and what they are talking about

Ill be more surprised if Michigan blows us out than I will be if we blow them out... So my expectations for this season are fairly higher than they have been in quite some years, and since 2012 where I predicted a big year for us and Muschamp in his 2nd year...

Well since im smart enough to know you weren't directing that at me or TELLING me that stuff and not get my panties in a bunch like a few we know here.. Yes, im aware that we aren't as bad off as LSU was with Miles wasting talent or trying to develop a QB with the Tennessee Titans spring rookie camp playbook, and our coach is nowhere near a Jim Harbaugh in terms of developing QB talent, at least not yet for sure and that's me being real generous when I trust my gut as a coach when all I can go off is what I see.. but that's what any casual fan would get out of your post, surface problems, that's all they know how to detect and discuss in this sport that's really not as difficult as people seem to make it out to be.. or maybe it is and since iv'e done it as a job since I was a kid indirectly before I ever got paid for it in reality it's just not as difficult for me.. Sometimes I think it is when I start rambling real quick on looks, reads, coverages, landmarks for routes and plays and people look at me sideways like im explaining a difficult advanced math teacher problem out loud. You know, the same exact people that are the casual "but we won the east bruh"s'...

but as I said, for me personally and should be or most, this is the year you know it all about this staff, if they are still butch jonesing when things go wrong and making young excuses or whatever it is butch jones and Zooks do when they suck as coaches, then you know everything and its' time to be fired.. With the players and his own recruited chosen guys to develop at QB you need no more than this year to know its there or it ain't, and won't even need a full season in reality either just by looking at their game planning on offense with how they call plays, what the patterns look like and how they set everything up if they are smart enough to have an end game and plan to win football games by out coaching other staffs.. because if you have a coach that can do that at schools like UF and LSU, not only do you win... you make teams quit and beat them down fairly easily and regularly like Spurrier and Meyers do and it's a regular thing.. and i know which guys know what they are talking about and which paul finebaums don't know shit about the sport they make a living discussing.. and guys like Phil Steele know what they are seeing and what they are talking about

Ill be more surprised if Michigan blows us out than I will be if we blow them out... So my expectations for this season are fairly higher than they have been in quite some years, and since 2012 where I predicted a big year for us and Muschamp in his 2nd year...

Agree this is put up or shut up year. I'm not trying to hear any excuses, all the players and coaches are his.

Idk about Michigan. Last I saw they were about a 5 point favorite. Even though they lost 30 seniors and have the youngest team in college football returning. We SHOULDN'T struggle with them but I'm not putting any money on that.

I'm so tired of hearing about 'we won the East!' .

We should never, ever get tired of saying or hearing that. It is an important accomplishment.

But it is not the only accomplishment, nor is it the most important accomplishment.

Agree this is put up or shut up year. I'm not trying to hear any excuses, all the players and coaches are his.

Idk about Michigan. Last I saw they were about a 5 point favorite. Even though they lost 30 seniors and have the youngest team in college football returning. We SHOULDN'T struggle with them but I'm not putting any money on that.

line was only like 2 or 3 the last few times I checked it at my book and maybe one other, it will be closer to a pk by kickoff i would imagine, but michigan is one of those programs where their casual fans bets are actually in such large amounts in terms of bets placed, no matter how small it is that it actually affects the line movement and can sway it in mass numbers... like ND lines always being inflated...

We should never, ever get tired of saying or hearing that. It is an important accomplishment.

But it is not the only accomplishment, nor is it the most important accomplishment.

It's not that he's tired of hearing it like that, he's tired of it being the casual fans battle cry like our fans are whining to expect more than a tommy frazier vol. 2 beat down once being there.. Getting to the Final isn't cool when you lose by 100 points

line was only like 2 or 3 the last few times I checked it at my book and maybe one other, it will be closer to a pk by kickoff i would imagine, but michigan is one of those programs where their casual fans bets are actually in such large amounts in terms of bets placed, no matter how small it is that it actually affects the line movement and can sway it in mass numbers... like ND lines always being inflated...

It's not that he's tired of hearing it like that, he's tired of it being the casual fans battle cry like our fans are whining to expect more than a tommy frazier vol. 2 beat down once being there.. Getting to the Final isn't cool when you lose by 100 points

On the other hand, it's impressive that have pulled it off with, not only mediocre to poor QB play, but both times with guys who weren't "the guy" at the beginning of the season (I'm sure someone will argue that Treon was technically the starter at the beginning of 2015 but Grier obviously became the guy.)

Objectively looking at the 2 programs and who's coming back, we should be favored, and I bet the line is pretty close to even at kick off, which really means we're a field goal favorite because the public will bet with Harbaugh without even looking at the rosters. If we compete but lose a tough game, then that's ok, but if we get smoked that's on Mac and it would be a real bad sign.

would be like the same as people saying Brissett was the starter in 2012, that one should have stuck or i'd still have at least half my sanity from those 3 years back...

and treon starting made absolutely zero sense, I just remember cussing him for not even being able to get a snap off when they put him in there rotating and almost getting us beat the ECU game because he was too slow and incompetent ruining the pace every time he came in having to race to get them off and the defense timing and KNOWING where to be and what to do to blow up every play before it even began while THE ONLY GUY that knows more than anyone on both sides of the ball and should have control over the snap count can't even do it... forget being good with a cadence like a manning or cam, we've had kids that can't even barely get a f'in play started before the clock runs out timed easily for the defense to come full blown steam downhill to wreck everything at the LOS like Japan at Pearl Harbor ruining any chance of any play we could have called, or God forbid check off once you see what the defense is in.... nope gotta just pray to get off the play no matter what it is and run it right into hell with defenders whizzing by you.. I mean this is what we have dealt with, not only not even decency at a big football school like UF, but THE WORST.. The worst in the nation, same way he almost single handedly lost the FAU game doing that to let them hit him and do the only thing our offense couldn't do since they couldn't score themselves, give up points the other way... That sack fumble for a TD i wanted him dead, then the laughable quail int in their redzone after that... How, just how have we recruited the dumbest kids that have ever played the sport in college... I really don't think people realize how bad it was without having an extra understanding of how the position should be played because we never have one to show anyone... if you are smart as a qb in college, even with zero physical skills you would be good against bad defense, bad conservative schemes and tired players with hurry up offenses to catch them out of alignment with mixed up coverages because they don't have enough times to communicate the calls at the line or crowd noise... It's been despicable, but what do I know, Insta will find a stat that shows how many not delay of game calls treon had that set a record for UF QB's to spin the weaving web and call me stupid while having no idea how stupid he is while helping illustrate my point indirectly

Football Gods, I've left 108 voicemails pick up the phone, pick up pick up pick up... was blow drying my hair and thought I heard the phone ring, that ever happened to you? Welp just call me we'll talk about it...if you'd pick up that telllephonnnne

On the other hand, it's impressive that have pulled it off with, not only mediocre to poor QB play, but both times with guys who weren't "the guy" at the beginning of the season (I'm sure someone will argue that Treon was technically the starter at the beginning of 2015 but Grier obviously became the guy.)
Exactly so,. I want to see what Mc and Nuss do for a whole season with a guy that won the job early on.

Objectively looking at the 2 programs and who's coming back, we should be favored, and I bet the line is pretty close to even at kick off, which really means we're a field goal favorite because the public will bet with Harbaugh without even looking at the rosters. If we compete but lose a tough game, then that's ok, but if we get smoked that's on Mac and it would be a real bad sign.
I expect a low scoring, ugly game

I don't consider it an actual good job with what he had. We basically won due to NFL talent on defense that was here when he arrived .

But you can't make the least little exception that he had bad numbers on the OL. No true WR depth besides DRob...who was constantly in the dog house...no ideal TE depth...Kelvin Taylor was great to inherit but after him it was no quality depth.

Not making excuses but why only stay on one side of the fence?

One thing about the talent gap at qb though, how much of that is on the coaches. Is it just coincidence that all those FSU 5 stars were busts under the Bowden bros and then as soon as Jimbo takes over they all start panning out? Is EJ Manuel a top 10 pick with Jeffey coaching him up? That's why it's concerning to me that we're still bringing in transfers to start at qb, although I am glad he's here if he's the best we have.

True.

either way the play calling has still been terrible no matter who was out there and the talent wasn't bad enough to get beat worse than teams beat uk or vandy

nah, FSU will be nowhere near as good as people think... back to the usual better part of the last 12 years in that respect... They were close to on their way without the ACC schedule kicking in to being an average joe 8-5 type team last year and then got to face a good matchup for them and no QB for michigan, them being in the Orange bowl was a miracle after the whiping from UL, loss to UNC and others and were losing to UM the entire way until a special teams gaffe to seal it in pure cane choking fashion.. Jimbo was having to tell the Showtime crew and explain to players they need to play for pride at this point because they can't compete for the title every year.. They were close to falling off last year but their schedule always helps that, even their average teams will always have ten wins with Wakes and Cuses and BC's of the universe on the schedule for filler til the end of time... Bowdens dying wishes for the FSU and ACC to be tighter than Foleys butthole with his checkbook open to buy our football program nice things

Lol i can tell u dont keep up with us

Spurrier is the exact opposite of Saban and Meyer, but more fun to watch and more effective, if Spurrier stayed with the talent he started getting by 01, i don't wanna hear anyones bullshit, he would have continued to rape everyone.. And Spurrier has and always was the one shitting on Sabans teams worse than anyone and giving him all his worst defeats ever.. Saban lost to Zook their NC year with some let over spurrier talent.. so that's obvious there

That's the funny thing about our program though, we just need a decent offense and QB play to be in the Championship hunt right away and every year... yet still field drizzles and Treons EVERY year, I've truly never seen anything like it, not only not even as bad at schools like SMU and Rice, but at a school that big in football to be that pathetic for so long and so incompetent throughout three staffs and even more OC's... while no matter who the DC is the defense is top ten, even with sideways hat dickthroat...

The SEC is awful right now. Take advantage

no i don't, our fans don't do that like FSU fans... they even keep up with our recruits with voodoo dolls wishing them evil...

but I know what team I was watching, they were very average the first half of the season but it was no coincidence because the ACC competition with UL and Clemson have finally turned into competitors with them in conference, and the whole season swung on the 4th quarter of the Miami game...

The SEC is now "awful" that's a strong word to use, if the SEC isn't at peak or win every bowl game one season people start acting like they are the AAC.. The SEC will be much better this year with better QB play and continuity with more staffs in the conference in place

But you can't make the least little exception that he had bad numbers on the OL. No true WR depth besides DRob...who was constantly in the dog house...no ideal TE depth...Kelvin Taylor was great to inherit but after him it was no quality depth.

Not making excuses but why only stay on one side of the fence?

We have never had worse offensive talent than 114 D1 schools. His first team had DRob, Taylor and McGee. The only QB the 'guru' has even made mediocre was recruited by the neanderthhal Chump. I think Mac is not what people think offensively, but that aside, the fact Nuss is being brought back should be enough to get him canned if we end up in the 100s again. No excuseto hire that clown from day one, even less excuse he is still here for a third season.

Not sure what the final line will be for this game but if Franks was announced a few days out as our starter I think Michigan is favored by at least a FG for sure. If Zaire was announced a few days out I think Michigan by a point or so. It will probably come down to whether its pretty apparent who Mac will use as his starter even though he probably won't announce it until a little before the game starts. Bettors would definitely favor Harbaugh some if they think the players are close to a push.

Not sure what to think myself with Michigan being pretty young. I doubt we smoke them however and think there is a slim chance that blitzing defense could cause us huge headaches if Mac and Nuss aren't up to the task of dealing with it. I will go on the record saying if Franks did get the start over Zaire I think we might be in big trouble against that Michigan defense.

no i don't, our fans don't do that like FSU fans... they even keep up with our recruits with voodoo dolls wishing them evil...

but I know what team I was watching, they were very average the first half of the season but it was no coincidence because the ACC competition with UL and Clemson have finally turned into competitors with them in conference, and the whole season swung on the 4th quarter of the Miami game...

We should have beaten clemson. Couple bad breaks and bad calls cost us. Im not one to blame refs but there was a very costly penalty on us. We jsut couldnt finish. Our defense is loaded but we still have Charles Kelly preparing them. There is no excuse for UL game. Also, i have nvr wished UF any bad intentions. I hope UF goes undefeated until they play us. Jus makes us look better. We have a very tough schedule this yr with bama, Miami, Clemson, Louisville, and UF. U would be hard pressed to find another team with that quality of opponents. Not a fan Ul monroe or doing the sec thing and schedualing a cupcake b4 the rivalry game. I dont think there is 5 or 6 teams that u can say r definitely better than we r right now, obviously things like injuries, confidence and things of that nature that can ruin a season. A lot people thought michigan would stomp us. All i heard was they had their best player injured, they mentioned it 45 times in the game, however, not 1 mention of Derwin James being injured all yr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT