ADVERTISEMENT

So did we learn anything from Mac today?

That he doesn't like shark questions? I can't believe that idiot even asked about that.

The lowering of the bar in the "Journalism" field on display.

Anybody recall any reporter asking "Ba'r Bryant" how often he got drunk and how did it feel to get away with conspiring with the recently fired U/Ga coach Wally Butts to steal a game with Georgia and bankrupt The Saturday Evening Post at the same time?

journalism is as laughable as ever in offended by everything but say whatever you want on the other end offensive because you are blind to the exact thing and people you cry about hating them for era...

That he doesn't like shark questions? I can't believe that idiot even asked about that.

He got a little testy.about it

IMG_0187_zpsu5p9v6b2.jpg

We learned Mac is overly sensitive and lacking a sense of humor when he got upset about the shark picture. Anyone think Spurs wouldn't have just laughed that off or made a joke?

We also confirmed for the 100th time that Mac hates talking football or telling the fans anything that he doesn't have to.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Media days are meh. I use to watch them all the time but they r just a waste of time in my opinion. I use to love Spurriers tho, not gunna lie

Reactions: GatorNation79
Mac had no issue falling back on the O line numbers when the poor offense was brought up however. That was when the SEC Channel was talking with him.

Yeah, he again believes he has a QB... ;)

But what I learned is that the Media-Daze Morons still are.... :cool:

2015 - UF Picked #5 in SECe (#1 TN) -- Won the SECe o_O
2016 - UF Picked #3 in SECe (#1 TN)-- Won the SECe o_O
They are 0-fer in their last 4 picks... :oops:

2017 - UF Picked #2 in SECe -- Behind #1 UG this time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he again believes he has a QB... ;)

But what I learned is that the Media-Daze Morons still are.... :cool:

2015 - UF Picked #5 in SECe (#1 TN) -- Won the SECe o_O
2016 - UF Picked #3 in SECe (#1 TN)-- Won the SECe o_O
They are 0-fer in their last 4 picks... :oops:

2017 - UF Picked #2 in SECe -- Behind #1 UG this time. :rolleyes:

That QB doesn't seem to be Trask.

We learned Mac is overly sensitive and lacking a sense of humor when he got upset about the shark picture. Anyone think Spurs wouldn't have just laughed that off or made a joke?

We also confirmed for the 100th time that Mac hates talking football or telling the fans anything that he doesn't have to.

I respect Spurrier, but he's hardly a good example not being overly sensitive. Didn't he once refuse to speak at a press conference until a reporter that he didn't like left the room? And then he threatened to resign from USC because he didn't like an article written in the local newspaper? And I don't mean the school newspaper.

For what it is worth, sadgator did eventually watch Mac's conference. Neither the shark question, nor Mac's response were inappropriate. The reporter did not intend to instigate anything. He specifically asked how Mac FELT about having to deal with that nonsensical issue, not about the incident itself. Mac understood the intent of the question and intially said he appreciated the humor in the situation and then gave an honest response about his feelings when the issue became personal. There was nothing wrong with that at all.

As to the football part of it, sadgator thought he gave fine and reasoned answers to the questions he was asked (which weren't particularly good). Dooley had the best question as to whether this was Mac's best Florida team, and Mac kind of side stepped the answer on that one.

For what it is worth, sadgator did eventually watch Mac's conference. Neither the shark question, nor Mac's response were inappropriate. The reporter did not intend to instigate anything. He specifically asked how Mac FELT about having to deal with that nonsensical issue, not about the incident itself. Mac understood the intent of the question and intially said he appreciated the humor in the situation and then gave an honest response about his feelings when the issue became personal. There was nothing wrong with that at all.

As to the football part of it, sadgator thought he gave fine and reasoned answers to the questions he was asked (which weren't particularly good). Dooley had the best question as to whether this was Mac's best Florida team, and Mac kind of side stepped the answer on that one.

Disagree even asking that question with a picture is being an a** no matter how it is asked. That should have been something a reporter never even brought up. Every coach has crazy things photoshopped etc. on them and usually aren't asked about the stupid mess. Saban would have blackballed the guy for even bringing up something like that.

Go back and listen to the actual question. He sets it up by saying something like, "As somebody who will hopefully never have to deal with something like this..."

He was actually expressing sympathy and allowing Mac the opportunity to express his feelings on how out of control and ridiculous that was. Mac got it and laughed at first before he goes into the explaination.

Total appropriate...both ways.

That being said...sadgator wouldn't have asked that question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46885
Are they the Be All / Know All,,,, or just the Media-Morons that I've been calling them for years now? o_O

" Since the birth of SEC Football Media Days in 1992 (25 years), the media has correctly picked the eventual league champion 6 times in 25 attempts." They are also 0-fer in their last 4 attempts to even pick the SECe-C.

So, who are they the most often correct about with their picks?
"The Gators proved the media right on 3 occasions (1994, '95, 2008), Alabama twice (2014, '16) and LSU once (2007)."

===========

Former Tide NC QB McElroy thinks Florida will again win the SECe. His reason is because - the Gator's OL, a much-maligned group the last several seasons, has experience and will finally be a team strength. On the other side of the ball, he doesn't see much of a drop-off from the Gator's DL or secondary.
===========

Since Mc's arrival in 'Title Town,' the Gators are a sterling 13-3 in SEC play, and 19-8 overall. While his 11-1 record at home has brought the magic back to playing in the SWAMP. :cool:

And least some forget, he's done that incredible (nobody predicted) job while having to totally rebuild the Gator's offense, battling an above average number of injuries team wide, and still searching for a quality season long starting QB.

Mc has 0 losses to any team that finished with a losing record, unlike tennis-sea's Head-BJ.
2015 - @ 9-3 LSU - 10-3 FSU - @ 14-1 SEC-C UA - @ 10-3 Mich Bowl
2016 - @ 9-4 TN - @ 7-6 Ark - @ 10-3 FSU - @ 14-1 SEC-C UA
His only loss in the Swamp; in his 1st season to 10-3 FSU after the loss of starting QB Grier.

None of the Professional predictors have even picked him to win the SEC East.
While at the same time:
Some fans snivel that he should already be winning the SEC-C and at least be making it to the NC Playoffs.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: ajgator1
Disagree even asking that question with a picture is being an a** no matter how it is asked. That should have been something a reporter never even brought up. Every coach has crazy things photoshopped etc. on them and usually aren't asked about the stupid mess. Saban would have blackballed the guy for even bringing up something like that.

It was inevitable since none of those guys know anything about football or ever know what to ask about the sport, they are all just as knowledgeless about football as finebaum, which at his age is inexcusable for his job and having the keys to any football knowledge castle and questions he could ask ALL the coaches to learn more, just anything from them. Finebaum literally knows nothing about the sport at all and it's pathetic on his part... He's seen 4 times as much legendary football and coaches as I have and i'd talk him out of a room in 5 minutes flat and force him to get testy and personal calling me names turning into a journalists rather than a football x's and o's guy of ANY form...

Go back and listen to the actual question. He sets it up by saying something like, "As somebody who will hopefully never have to deal with something like this..."

He was actually expressing sympathy and allowing Mac the opportunity to express his feelings on how out of control and ridiculous that was. Mac got it and laughed at first before he goes into the explanation.

That guy knew exactly what he was doing, he was pretending to be the messenger and asked the question without making it seemed like he asked it... Real predictable know nothing about football move. They never have anything better to do or ask, while I'd ask the only football detailed questions to the coaches out of the whole bunch and it would be a breath of fresh air not only for the coaches but the actual fans that care about what's going on with their team, players, coaches schemes/playbooks and what you would expect to see in the fall on the actual field...

These god damn rivals things spewing out nonsense on the side of threads has to go, it makes your cpu turn into a f***in 56 k modem and just took me 20 plus minutes just to type all this shit out because of it... It's a joke

Reactions: Gator Fever

He was actually expressing sympathy and allowing Mac the opportunity to express his feelings on how out of control and ridiculous that was. Mac got it and laughed at first before he goes into the explaination.

Just bringing it up makes him a moron imo. That idiot knew what he was doing.

It was inevitable since none of those guys know anything about football or ever know what to ask about the sport, they are all just as knowledgeless about football as finebaum, which at his age is inexcusable for his job and having the keys to any football knowledge castle and questions he could ask ALL the coaches to learn more, just anything from them. Finebaum literally knows nothing about the sport at all and it's pathetic on his part... He's seen 4 times as much legendary football and coaches as I have and i'd talk him out of a room in 5 minutes flat and force him to get testy and personal calling me names turning into a journalists rather than a football x's and o's guy of ANY form...

That guy knew exactly what he was doing, he was pretending to be the messenger and asked the question without making it seemed like he asked it... Real predictable know nothing about football move. They never have anything better to do or ask, while I'd ask the only football detailed questions to the coaches out of the whole bunch and it would be a breath of fresh air not only for the coaches but the actual fans that care about what's going on with their team, players, coaches schemes/playbooks and what you would expect to see in the fall on the actual field...

These god damn rivals things spewing out nonsense on the side of threads has to go, it makes your cpu turn into a f***in 56 k modem and just took me 20 plus minutes just to type all this shit out because of it... It's a joke

So, if the Gator opponents run a Cover-2 (wide & deep) and blitz on a regular basis, the Gator's mostly have no hope if the overall team talent is even close to equal? And that this is mostly due to the Gator starting RB that can't block your grandmother, much less pick up a blitz. And that none of the Gator QB's can complete a deep ball, even if they had the time, which they won't....

Note: Most of those posting here just went to sleep, as would 90% of those in the SWAMP on a game day. While most of those watching SEC Media-Daze would be in a bigger daze than the media-morons...;)

where did you get any of that from what I posted.....................sleeeep

where did you get any of that from what I posted.....................sleeeep

"Real predictable know nothing about football move. They never have anything better to do or ask, while I'd ask the only football detailed questions to the coaches out of the whole bunch and it would be a breath of fresh air not only for the coaches but the actual fans that care about what's going on with their team, players, coaches schemes/playbooks and what you would expect to see in the fall on the actual field..."

No idea where it came from at all. I was just throwing totally unconnected stuff out there, unlike you.... :cool:

you started answering questions no one asked or even talked about...

zzzzzzzzzz

Couldn't care less about that question. The meme was a big joke and the question wasn't personal. He could have chose not to answer and just moved on and instead he just came off sensitive.

I agree, most reporters are morons. They dont know what to ask. I think it was a stupid question. I would have faulted mac for giving him the bird or lashing out at him. Journalist suck, its nothing new, they suck in sports, politics, and pretty much anything becuz they dont have a knowledge of it. U should think about being a journalist(had to get one dig on u). Anyhoo, what r these rival things on the side u r talking about? U sure its not a virus?

Couldn't care less about that question. The meme was a big joke and the question wasn't personal. He could have chose not to answer and just moved on and instead he just came off sensitive.

Unlike rhino hide ooozzzie, who always let's any criticism just slide right off his Teflon back.... :D:D:D

He should have just simply said...

"Look, everybody knows I only fvck tuna...ok?"

That would have pretty much ensured that nobody would ever ask him a question about that ever again.

Not gunna lie, i would have laffed my a$$ off if he would have said that

I'm not being a sandbagger but under the circumstances I think that Mac has done a great job...he was left a shit show...but the honey moon is over. We need to see a good game plan, solid play on the offense and we need to win against ranked teams. We can't get our doors kicked in by Bama or anyone in the SEC game again. If we lose then we lose....only 1 team can win it all but we need to be competitive and we need a good f&*%ing QB again. A guy that can win. I don't think that we're there yet ( or we haven't seen it) and Mac might not get us there but I think that (given the circumstances) the guy has done a heck of a job.

I think he gets 2 more seasons before we call for his head. 90% of Gator Nation would have bet their house and life's savings that we didn't see the SEC game the last 2 years and WE were all wrong.

Reactions: sadgator
I'm not being a sandbagger but under the circumstances I think that Mac has done a great job...he was left a shit show...but the honey moon is over. We need to see a good game plan, solid play on the offense and we need to win against ranked teams. We can't get our doors kicked in by Bama or anyone in the SEC game again. If we lose then we lose....only 1 team can win it all but we need to be competitive and we need a good f&*%ing QB again. A guy that can win. I don't think that we're there yet ( or we haven't seen it) and Mac might not get us there but I think that (given the circumstances) the guy has done a heck of a job.

I think he gets 2 more seasons before we call for his head. 90% of Gator Nation would have bet their house and life's savings that we didn't see the SEC game the last 2 years and WE were all wrong.

I remember that feeling, we went thru dre weatherford and xavier Lee and tons of other crap bags. All of sudden, boom, Winston is there. U guys with an amazing qb soon enough. Law of averages says so.

Reactions: GatorNation79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT