ADVERTISEMENT

So CDM can't recruit???

jeknotts33

Rowdy Reptile
Jun 8, 2014
I've been very busy lately, but I'm back :) to the happiness of @gator1776 (by the way, don't know how you got my home address but please stop mailing me Polaroids of your downtown) and @Mark Wheeler whom I shall not release from the pit of misery (we're still doing that right??? Dilly Dilly!).

Anyway... the big knock on CDM was the guy can't recruit. Great game plans, great development of players... can't recruit. The positive thinking here was "Well, he was at MS ST... things will be different at UF." Yes they will and I can prove it!

I decided to look back through Rivals and compare CDMs most highly ranked recruit by all 10 of the main personnel groups and see how they stack up. I did NOT include Juco, and obviously this is not an exact science but it paints a very interesting picture! I'll list position followed by player with either "N" for national rank or "P" for positional rank for those that were not nationally ranked recruits. MS ST players first (through the 2010-2017 recruiting classes, CDM was hired Dec 08' by ST) followed by our Gator comparison. A :cool: signals our transition class recruit ranked higher than any ST player under CDMs tenure. Let's begin!

QB
Keytaon Thompson (85N) / Emory Jones (89N) - so close and honestly should be a :cool: here!

RB
Nick Gibson (139N) / Iverson Clement (9P) - Gibson only 4* RB to ST - we had 2 in this class

WR
Fred Ross (208N) / Jacob Copeland (132N) :cool: (Watkins ranks higher as well, double :cool:)

TE
Ravian Pierce (28P) / Kyle Pitts (12P) :cool:

OL
Damien Robinson (168N) / Richard Gouraige (84N) :cool:

DE
Jeffrey Simmons (15N-5*) / Malik Langston (19P)

DT
Quay Evans (200N) / :( lots of sad here... really need DTs

LB
Leo Lewis (43N) / David Reese (126N)... not bad, need more bodies though

DB
Darion Arrington (23P) / Trey Dean (171N) :cool:

ATH
Michael Carr (225N) / Amari Burney (177N) :cool:

As you can tell that's a lot of :cool: faces! And in a transition year with the first early signing. I think this is really exciting for Gator Nation. Things are on the up! Enjoy the ride

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News