ADVERTISEMENT

SEC basketball no joke

Good win against a horrible team. Vandy has beaten us 7 out of the last 8, but gators got in done tonight. Allen & Locke had terrible games, Locke on both ends of the court. K. Johnson was spectacular and Hudson had a solid game. Hayes was a non-factor due to stupid fouls and Nembhard played less than normal due to foul trouble, which hurt the offense. But the defense overall was good and the free throw shooting in the second half was excellent. Now a challenge at Alabama Saturday. Will need to play better than tonight to win that game, but we can be happy Gators for a few days.

Offense is everything, a Top 10 in the Nation DEFENSE means absolutely nothing. o_O
Why, any coach can coach up the defense...:rolleyes:

And whenever players can't spit in the ocean, it's always due to a poor offensive system and/or crappy coaching, it's never on the players themselves, they are always totally faultless...

But don't take this (iG's) clueless idiots claims on anything, these two articles show/prove those points for anyone that can read... :cool:

https://floridagators.com/news/2019...ly-so-many-opportunities-left-for-gators.aspx

https://floridagators.com/news/2019...reserves-to-the-rescue-in-win-over-vandy.aspx

Last edited:
Why did the idiot Gator AD even bother to hire this know-nothing coach? :confused:

At LA Tech, White established a high-energy, fast-paced system that allows players to flourish. In four seasons at LA Tech, the Bulldogs averaged 74.2 points, 7.4 3-pointers made, 14.0 assists on offense.

Or you could refer to more proof that Mike White is totally clueless about defense. where they averaged 8.4 steals, 4.9 blocked shots and 16.1 turnovers forced (7th in the nation during that span). :eek:

Kenneth 'Speedy' Smith ** left LaTech as their All Time Leader in Assists with 858
As just a 3 year starter for White, the 'Cheese' left UF as the All Time Leader in Assists with 571. Proving yet again that White is clueless when it comes to offense... :rolleyes:

In total, four players earned All-Conference honors 9 times over the course of just 4 seasons. In 141 games as the LA Tech head coach, 11 different players turned in a total of 69 individual 20-point performances, led by Appleby with 29 games scoring 20 or more and topping the 25-point mark 12 times. Appleby, a three-time all-conference selection at LA Tech, concluded his career with 1,770 points scored (13.9 average), 6th on Louisiana Tech’s all-time scoring list, just ahead of Karl Malone. :cool:

“Coach White brings with him a distinguished career and an extraordinary record of success,” UF President Kent Fuchs said. “I have no doubt he will uphold high standards on and off the court, and am delighted to welcome him to the Gator Nation.”

Maybe,,, just maybe,,, if people would read Mike's Bio, then they would begin to have a clue about what kind of a coach he is, offense, defense, and off the court. o_O

https://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=845&path=basketball-men

Last edited:
Unlike football, a good offensive basketball team will beat a good defensive basketball team 80% of the time.

But the numbers speak for themselves for his tenure at Florida. Excellent defense, average to poor offense. That's simply the facts.

Defense: 14th
Offense: 85th

Defense: 5th
Offense: 25th

Defense: 24th
Offense: 41st

Defense: 10th
Offense: 122nd

Unlike football, a good offensive basketball team will beat a good defensive basketball team 80% of the time.
Not sure I totally share that belief. The back to back UF basketball national championship team could flat out defend better than anybody in the country with Noah, Horford and Brewer.

Not sure I totally share that belief. The back to back UF basketball national championship team could flat out defend better than anybody in the country with Noah, Horford and Brewer.
Those 2 Gator title teams could definitely play defense. But they could also play offense with the best of them and beat you in the running game and in a half court game. They had one of the best inside out offenses maybe ever in college hoops. Those teams were the complete package.

While nobody reads Mikes Bio, instead they just continue to run their ignorant mouths...

While you've repeatedly proven to not know chit about either football nor B-Ball... o_O

Record at UF: 69-37 0 - .651 (in 1st 3 seasons)
Overall Record: 170-77 - .688 (7 seasons as a HC)

After taking over what was left of a losing 16-17 season team, Mike White has consistently reaffirmed the Gators’ place as a perennial national power and SEC contender, posting a 3rd straight 20-win season and 2nd consecutive NCAA Tournament berth in 2017-18, after taking them to the NIT in his 1st season.

White returned the Gators to the national conversation in in 2016-17, leading UF to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight, a 27-9 record and a 2nd-place SEC finish at 14-4. White earned an array of awards, including SEC Coach of the Year and the USBWA and NABC District Coach of the Year. He was also a semifinalist for Naismith National Coach of the Year.

During the 2017-18 campaign, the Gators put together one of the nation’s top collections of victories and advanced to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament. UF’s 6 wins vs. top-25 teams during the regular season tied for most in the country, and its 10 RPI Quadrant 1 victories ranked 2nd nationally.

Florida posted a 3rd-place SEC finish in a season that was widely regarded as one of the strongest, if not the strongest, in the conference’s history as 8 SEC teams earned NCAA bids.

The Gators’ 34 regular season SEC wins over the past 3 seasons rank 2nd-most in the league.

To bad that Mike can't coach offense...
Under White’s guidance, Chiozza set the Florida career record with 571 assists and became the 2nd player in Florida history to dish 200+ assists in a season. Florida’s offensive firepower was undeniable, as 5 different players combined for 22 individual 20-point performances. The Gators twice hit 17 3-pointers in a game (vs. Gonzaga, at Texas A&M), which tied for the 3rd-most in a game in Florida history. Overall, 5 of the top 11 single-game 3-point performances in UF history have come during White’s tenure... Doh! :confused:

This season, between having one of the toughest schedules in the nation, and a lack of both starters and depth due to injuries, along with some of the under-preforming and/or inconsistent upperclassmen. the season has been a rough road. Sitll, they have 2 Good Wins with ZERO bad losses, and they have been in most games in the final minutes.

But there is still a silver lining,,, at least with the last 2 recruiting classes, the near future is looking bright imo. :)

Final Thought: His fellow coaches think a lot of Mike, while some of the top HS players in the nation want to play for hm, so I'm going with their opinions of Mike's abilities, instead of the whiny haters that fail to know his history, or see the bigger picture. :cool:

That’s right Insta!! - that one Quad 3 loss against USCjr at the ODome wasn’t a bad loss! Keep singing it!! I’m sure if you say it enough the NCAA will agree!!!

Idiot circle-jerking dog-poker, I'm going by what the announcers at the games said, (2 Good Wins - Butler & Miss -- with Zero bad losses) not by what some twit-troll that only excels at poking dogs and circle jerkin'... :rolleyes:

Reactions: SwampLander
While nobody reads Mikes Bio, instead they just continue to run their ignorant mouths...

While you've repeatedly proven to not know chit about either football nor B-Ball... o_O

Actually, the only thing you have proven is that you are a deranged UFO/Bigfeets fanatic with homo-erotic fantasies that you constantly feel the need to post about..

Nothing more.

While you continue to be nothing more than another boring, mouth-foaming dollie troll.... o_O

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

UF 66 - 57 VU (-9) -- VU held under 60 Pts. (VU 83 -88 TN in OT)
Crappy Vandy, must have been just luck when they took #1 TN to OT... :rolleyes:

UF 71 - 53 @ UA (-18) -- UA held under 60 Pts

UF Averaging 68.5 Pts in those 2 games, one at home and one away.

It's amazing isn't it, how Mike White could learn how to call a game and develop an offensive system in just 1 week, while continuing to be the #1 defense in the SEC.... :cool:

Last edited:
Kentucky loses to LSU at home in prime time, got #1 team in the nation coming in for another Game Day prime time game off of that loss.. and yet the #1 team is a four point underdog..

Ill be amazed if Vols compete and have a shot to win it by the end in that building. Vegas is gonna blood bath everyone on this game, kentucky would have to actually be worse than I already thought to not win.

I think we have a chance at dancing even if we finish regular season 3-3 to get us at 17-14. Got Zou, Uga, Vandy all very winnable and then LSU twice and UK, all very losable, so 3-3.

SEC has street cred now nationally since most of the conference is solid. SEC is now deep and will get in 8-9 teams in the dance.

Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 all sucking, SEC really only behind ACC as a conference on the whole. Looking at the top teams, SEC with UT, UK, LSU can go toe to toe with ACC top 3 teams.

Currently, 7 SEC team listed in the projected in the Tourney, from a 1 seed to a 10 seed, with UF listed in the '1st 4 OUT,' before the @ 10 seed Bama game.

UF 66 - 57 VU (-9) -- VU held under 60 Pts. (VU 83 -88 TN in OT)
Crappy Vandy, must have been just luck when they took #1 TN to OT... :rolleyes:

UF 71 - 53 @ UA (-18) -- UA held under 60 Pts

UF Averaging 68.5 Pts in those 2 games, one at home and one away.

It's amazing isn't it, how Mike White could learn how to call a game and develop an offensive system in just 1 week, while continuing to be the #1 defense in the SEC.... :cool:

What an UNBELIEVABLE reach here, not only with the transitive property.. but with the Basketball version transitive property, propping the worst (winless, and 0-12) SEC bottom team and comparison of how they fared at home weeks ago against the #1 team in the Nation.. Same Vandy team that was just up on us by 4 at Halftime at home just a few short nights ago.. Like the Texas A&M team, that's about the same record as Vanderbilt in Conference play. There's no way to keep putting pretty makeup with blush and Eyeliner on this UF basketball team and life with Mikey..

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I think we have a chance at dancing even if we finish regular season 3-3 to get us at 17-14. Got Zou, Uga, Vandy all very winnable and then LSU twice and UK, all very losable, so 3-3.

SEC has street cred now nationally since most of the conference is solid. SEC is now deep and will get in 8-9 teams in the dance.

Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 all sucking, SEC really only behind ACC as a conference on the whole. Looking at the top teams, SEC with UT, UK, LSU can go toe to toe with ACC top 3 teams.

There shouldn't be street cred for these SEC teams, as I've said over the season, UT has just looked better because of how average and mediocre the rest of the SEC is, it's THEIR best team ever in Basketball, but that doesn't really mean anything or shouldn't to anyone overall, they have a veteran team and are decent but still can't shoot or score and, like UK every year and Vols even last year in tournament going down to first team that could shoot some from outside to wipe them out and end their season. UK and Vols really aren't that good, the SEC isn't that good and have been better overall in the previous seasons, the ones when the SEC wasn't getting this credit they are wrongly getting now.

During the broadcast about an hour ago, Schulman really said "wow it's surprising Tennessee has only played three ranked teams this year", it's not surprising, it just goes to what iv'e maintained and kept stating, they've simply taken advantage of very mediocre SEC teams to make them look better than they are. They are a solid team and got big bodies and defense with vets that those types of schools have to make a run every 4 years or so at best. Like Auburn in football

Currently, 7 SEC team listed in the projected in the Tourney, from a 1 seed to a 10 seed, with UF listed in the '1st 4 OUT,' before the @ 10 seed Bama game.

If they end up letting this many SEC teams in, they will get exposed in the tournament, but luckily for these SEC Teams, most of the rest of nation isn't so great this year and not very good, villanova and these teams losing their guys and down in other leagues. ACC will have the Champion, and it will be Duke unless some more injuries or a miracle takes place. They just said during a game I was halfway watching doing some stuff that conference could or should have 3 number one seeds alone.. UNC isn't very good and are down for them, much like UK is this year.

But as for tonight, I knew seeing Kentucky ever lose a game at home, then getting a team with a #1 next to their name next with College Game Day atmosphere with that joke arena and double bonus at tip off, UK will always be "Double Bonus U".. Lose to LSU, yet are 4 point favorites against the #1 team, as I said I'd be simply shocked if UT was even competitive in this game by the end from seeing that and this scenario alone. They keep saying they were shocked at how UK just beat them down, it shouldn't have shocked anyone at all.. Just by knowing a little bit about odds and the stock market of Vegas and how they tell you whats gonna happen in this entertainment sport before it's even tipped off and played...

I agree that the SEC really isn’t that great this year. I think in general there doesn’t really appear to be that many good teams across the country hence why the bubble is so weak this year.

We are in position now to have a chance at least. If we beat the 3 terrible teams left on the schedule and get one win out the 3 games left against LSU (2) and KY we would get a spot I think. Our RPI is still mediocre at like # 66 but a quality win would help that a lot. The bubble will be soft this year it appears.

Gators will need to go 4-2 down the stretch to have an outside shot. Our OOC schedule is solid. I see 7 SEC teams dancing this year.

I'll be surprised if Duke doesn't win it all. They have 2 NBA lottery picks and a solid team around them. I'm not sure how good the SEC is this year as compared to other conferences, but it is very competitive from top to bottom within the league.

What an UNBELIEVABLE reach here, not only with the transitive property.. but with the Basketball version transitive property, propping the worst (winless, and 0-12) SEC bottom team and comparison of how they fared at home weeks ago against the #1 team in the Nation.. Same Vandy team that was just up on us by 4 at Halftime at home just a few short nights ago.. Like the Texas A&M team, that's about the same record as Vanderbilt in Conference play. There's no way to keep putting pretty makeup with blush and Eyeliner on this UF basketball team and life with Mikey..

UF 71 - 53 @ Bama (-18) - 45-NET and a projected tourney 10 seed.
Florida, which has played one of the toughest schedules in the country, is 40th in the NET rankings.
BTW -- Alabama is one of just 2 SEC teams to beat UK this season. o_O

Fr PG Andrew Nembhard's near perfect day on the court:
FT's 1/1 100%--3 Pt 2/2 100%--FG's 9/9 100%--21 Pts, Ast's 2
Just a week after going 1-for-7 (14.3%) in the loss at #1 TN, Nembhard has knocked down 13 of his last 14 shots (92.9%), including 3/4 (75%) from the Ar in the Gators last 2 wins.

"Andrew is always in the gym, staying after practice, getting his shots up," UF's Johnson said. "Coach White has been staying with him, helping with his jumper. He's been consistent with it. As long as he keeps this up, he needs to keep shooting."

And speaking of 6'-5" tFr Johnson...
Fr SF/PF Keyontae Johnson -- Double/Double 14 Pts - 13 Rbs

Sr SG KeVaughn Allen -- 13 Pts, 4 Rbs, 3 Asts, 1 Stl.

It's just amazing how smart White's offense looks, when the players are making their shots...

And while the team shot 54.5% FG for the game, the SEC's #1 Gator Defense held the home team to its fewest points in SEC play this season. :p

White said his team is making progress. "That's as well as we've played all year," Coach Mike White said. --- Here he goes again, blaming the team for the wins... :rolleyes:

"It speaks to the character of each individual in our locker room. The resilience," White said. "We've had a ton of adversity. We've lost some close games. We've had injuries, like everyone. We're playing 3 freshmen a ton of minutes. We're banged up. … All that said, guys keep fighting. We've found little ways to get better. We've made a big jump, in my opinion, the past two or three weeks with our ability to be a little more productive and efficient scoring 2s, putting pressure on a defense, drawing more fouls and posting it better. Our interior passing has gotten better. And defensively, we haven't given up. Our guys have not given in. We've had games where we've shot it horrifically and our guys continue to step up defensively." o_O

UF also evened its league mark to 6-6 through 12 games and pulled into a tie for 6th place in the SEC standings, one of 8 SEC teams without a losing record in league play. "Big win for us," said Nembhard, who 3 days after going 4-for-5 in a home win over Vanderbilt became the 1st SEC player in 20 years (since TN's Isiah Victor in 1999) to make at least 9 field goals without a miss in an SEC game. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
If they end up letting this many SEC teams in, they will get exposed in the tournament, but luckily for these SEC Teams, most of the rest of nation isn't so great this year and not very good, villanova and these teams losing their guys and down in other leagues. ACC will have the Champion, and it will be Duke unless some more injuries or a miracle takes place. They just said during a game I was halfway watching doing some stuff that conference could or should have 3 number one seeds alone.. UNC isn't very good and are down for them, much like UK is this year.

But as for tonight, I knew seeing Kentucky ever lose a game at home, then getting a team with a #1 next to their name next with College Game Day atmosphere with that joke arena and double bonus at tip off, UK will always be "Double Bonus U".. Lose to LSU, yet are 4 point favorites against the #1 team, as I said I'd be simply shocked if UT was even competitive in this game by the end from seeing that and this scenario alone. They keep saying they were shocked at how UK just beat them down, it shouldn't have shocked anyone at all.. Just by knowing a little bit about odds and the stock market of Vegas and how they tell you whats gonna happen in this entertainment sport before it's even tipped off and played...
Hmm, if I comprehend your writing which is tough, Rupp arena is a joke wow and UK is overrated basketball team which has beat (UT, KU, UofL and UNC). Now that is some expert analysis right there friends!

Reactions: instaGATOR
Hmm, if I comprehend your writing which is tough, Rupp arena is a joke wow and UK is overrated basketball team which has beat (UT, KU, UofL and UNC). Now that is some expert analysis right there friends!
I think Kentucky will go farther in the NCAA tourney than any SEC school. Caliperi recruits a bunch on 1 & doners who are usually better individual players than those they play against. But for all the talent he's recruited, he only has 1 NCAA title. Speaks well of his ability to get kids to come play for him who have no interest in college, but in getting to the NBA. Doesn't speak much for his ability or desire to mold a cohesive team year to year and help kids further their education. He's playing by the current rules, but I'm not a fan

I think Kentucky will go farther in the NCAA tourney than any SEC school. Caliperi recruits a bunch on 1 & doners who are usually better individual players than those they play against. But for all the talent he's recruited, he only has 1 NCAA title. Speaks well of his ability to get kids to come play for him who have no interest in college, but in getting to the NBA. Doesn't speak much for his ability or desire to mold a cohesive team year to year and help kids further their education. He's playing by the current rules, but I'm not a fan
With coach Cal it's all about the individuals and helping them to realize their dreams (becoming millionaires). It's a problem with a lot of UK fans but what is interesting UK fans are upset if we don't get a top rated class lol. I think one or two one and done players a class is fine but a whole class is ridicules.

Rupp is the most biased arena to play in as a visitor, welcome to 1998 of me saying this. For this reason alone i predicted the result of that game in this thread well in advance

All those 5* and Cal has only 1 national title. He’s not a very good game day coach at all.

I'll be surprised if Duke doesn't win it all. They have 2 NBA lottery picks and a solid team around them. I'm not sure how good the SEC is this year as compared to other conferences, but it is very competitive from top to bottom within the league.

Those 3 bad SEC teams we have left are pretty bad.

White Haters, and other B-Ball genius types: o_O

1. White can't game day coach. (ignoring Mike's entire resume')
2. White doesn't develop players. (ignoring 3 Fr starters)
3. White can't recruit. (ignoring 3 ***** and 3 **** in his last 2 classes)
4. White can't win... (ignoring 3 consecutive 20+ win seasons)
5. White always blames the players when they lose.

"Andrew is always in the gym, staying after practice, getting his shots up," UF's Johnson said. "Coach White has been staying with him, helping with his jumper. He's been consistent with it."

PG Andrew Nembhard was named the SEC Co-Freshman of the Week, announced by the league office Monday. This is the 2nd accolade for the freshman. Nembhard is the 1st Gator since Michael Frazier II to win Freshman of the Week twice in a season in 2012-13. Pretty surprising actually, because he gets no help or quality coaching in player development.... (some claim anyway) :rolleyes:

And speaking of Johnson...
SF/PF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 Fr -- Double/Double 14 Pts - 13 Rbs

"That's as well as we've played all year," Coach Mike White said. "It speaks to the character of each individual in our locker room. The resilience. We've had a ton of adversity.

https://floridagators.com/news/2019/2/14/mens-basketball-hoops-hodgepodge-7.aspx

Last edited:
White Haters, and other B-Ball genius types: o_O

2. White doesn't develop players. (ignoring 3 Fr starters)

Um..... how does starting 3 freshman show that he develops players? You only have 3 frosh on the team..... what about the sophomores and upper classmen? Shouldn’t more of those guys be starting if he was good at developing players

..... I’ll hang up and listen

aee9c450a1afd32d509b05a6ce5ea590.gif

Reactions: -MDVOL

Um..... how does starting 3 freshman show that he develops players? You only have 3 frosh on the team..... what about the sophomores and upper classmen? Shouldn’t more of those guys be starting if he was good at developing players

..... I’ll hang up and listen

aee9c450a1afd32d509b05a6ce5ea590.gif

I asked that very question and was ignored. Why are 3 Freshmen starting with 2 Seniors? What happened to developing all those 5*and 4* recruits in the classes between?

Trolls....(mostly ignoring you is not by accident, so you can just go on jerking each other)

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Trolls....(mostly ignoring you is not by accident, so you can just go on jerking each other)

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
You are the one claiming Mighty Whitey is the greatest coach that ever lived. Answer the question.

WHY IS THERE NO PLAYER DEVELOPMENT between the Senior class with 3 playing and the TRUE FRESHMAN class with 3 playing?

What happened with all those wonderful 5* recruits that you CONSTANTLY brag about who joined the White Boyz between?

And leave out your homosexual fantasies. The VAST majority of us don't swing the way you do. Even if you are fishing for a new husband.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT