ADVERTISEMENT

Science shows Obesity is not a personal failing?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

Seeing a lot of articles like this in addition to it being pushed in the media when it comes to females at least.

As for the causes most are things that personal decisions can change even though it might not be easy for many.

My own belief is all these trash processed carbs and sugar are the biggest cause of the epidemic as they put the body in a fat storing state.

Other causes I think are too much candida (bad gut microbes at high levels), which lead to strong cravings for those trash processed carbs, and thyroids being out of whack due to nutricial deficiency of certain minerals.

As for that claim in the article that about a 1/4 of people don't have this issue it's probably because many of them have good self control. There certainly isn't 1/4 of the population that has that teenager metabolism many people have then where they can't gain weight.

Seeing a lot of articles like this in addition to it being pushed in the media when it comes to females at least.

As for the causes most are things that personal decisions can change even though it might not be easy for many.

My own belief is all these trash processed carbs and sugar are the biggest cause of the epidemic as they put the body in a fat storing state.

Other causes I think are too much candida (bad gut microbes at high levels), which lead to strong cravings for those trash processed carbs, and thyroids being out of whack due to nutricial deficiency of certain minerals.

As for that claim in the article that about a 1/4 of people don't have this issue it's probably because many of them have good self control. There certainly isn't 1/4 of the population that has that teenager metabolism many people have then where they can't gain weight.
I'll bet less than 10% of the population have chemical imbalances that cause metabolic problems. @Sunburnt Indian, life's new simplest equation. Calories in minus calories out. 😂

Dead on about carbs, sugars and the gut.

I read recently that the average American has a diet that consists of 60% of processed foods. We eat like crap as a country. Obesity is out of control, especially childhood obesity. Parents are feeding their kids fast food as their everyday diet. It’s sad and very preventable.

I'll bet less than 10% of the population have chemical imbalances that cause metabolic problems. @Sunburnt Indian, life's new simplest equation. Calories in minus calories out. 😂
I’d bet it way higher than that BUT the imbalances were caused by lifestyle choices.

Calories in and out matter, but all calories are not created equal and where it comes from does matter.

I’d bet it way higher than that BUT the imbalances were caused by lifestyle choices.

Calories in and out matter, but all calories are not created equal and where it comes from does matter.
I got fat AF my senior year in college. (lots of cheap beer and hamburger helper) 😂 When I graduated I started working out, exercising, and went on the Atkins Diet. Lots of protein, lots of fat (bacon baby!!!!!) and no carbs and sugar I dropped 50 pound of fat and added muscle in 2 months. I've pretty much remained the same since, but I eat what I want for the most part, but I no longer drink beer. But I'm no teetotaler either. ;)

Reactions: Gator Fever
I got fat AF my senior year in college. (lots of cheap beer and hamburger helper) 😂 When I graduated I started working out, exercising, and went on the Atkins Diet. Lots of protein, lots of fat (bacon baby!!!!!) and no carbs and sugar I dropped 50 pound of fat and added muscle in 2 months. I've pretty much remained the same since, but I eat what I want for the most part, but I no longer drink beer. But I'm no teetotaler either. ;)
That’s awesome! I’m a big believer in keto/low carb diet for weight loss. Fats (good fats) have been incorrectly lumped together and vilified for years. We consume way too many carbs and sugars. A lot of the nutritional standards were based on poorly designed studies and/or policy.

I’m not perfect by any means. I don’t eat fast food and very little processed foods. I try to take a moderation approach to my diet (beer, fried food, etc.).

Yep diet and lifestyle leads to the thyroid issues etc. Even modern day farming has reduced certain nutrients in the soil meaning you need a lot more veggies to get things like selenium than you did years ago.

Reactions: armbar73

I have a ice cold beer🍺problem that causes metabolism problems @Gator Fever fevered brain 🧠 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
That’s awesome! I’m a big believer in keto/low carb diet for weight loss. Fats (good fats) have been incorrectly lumped together and vilified for years. We consume way too many carbs and sugars. A lot of the nutritional standards were based on poorly designed studies and/or policy.

I’m not perfect by any means. I don’t eat fast food and very little processed foods. I try to take a moderation approach to my diet (beer, fried food, etc.).

Yep and it makes a mockery of the calories consumed and used view on weight loss. You. can definitely have more good calories than bad and still lose weight. I think it may be the insulin spikes that make a person more likely to gain weight with the processed carbs high in their diet.

Reactions: armbar73
Go to any grocery store, restaurant, buffet, etc and look at what a really obese person put in their cart, on their plate. It tells a story.

I went from 260lbs to 205lbs. My issue was the overuse of my right elbow and the choices you mentioned in your post.

Reactions: fatman76
I went from 260lbs to 205lbs. My issue was the overuse of my right elbow and the choices you mentioned in your post.
TMI!!!! :oops:

willy-nilly.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137

Funny how this woke/cancel culture entails blame-shifting to the extreme. Obesity is a big-time failure of the individual's eating habits due to gluttony. But wait....."it's not my fault....it's the hamburger's fault...". Or..... "it's gun violence that's the problem, not whats-his-name who killed someone,"........."it's all Trump's fault, not Biden's....."

And on and on this detrimental mental-illness continues.....

Reactions: NavigatorII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT