ADVERTISEMENT

sadgator is going on a business trip to the Swamp this weekend...

Franks is gonna come in and we're gonna score 50 points. It's gonna be incredible. :(

What's amazing is that Franks coming in and looking good and winning this game would flip everyone's perspective on this season. We'd be in first place, in control of our fate in the east and we'd have a qb to be excited about.

An impressive win behind Appleby would have largely the same effect.

Reactions: sadgator
What's amazing is that Franks coming in and looking good and winning this game would flip everyone's perspective on this season. We'd be in first place, in control of our fate in the east and we'd have a qb to be excited about.

An impressive win behind Appleby would have largely the same effect.

It's gonna take a LOT of something positive to make anything in this program positive, damned if we do and don't in this game, if we beat them and cover like we are "supposed" to against our lame duck coach we fired people will say well you should have and everyone is rooting against us for the opposite to happen.. Muschamp has always somehow had his units best games against the Gators over the years... if the pressure builds in another low scoring muschamp mash it will get ugly with pressure, I just wanna see a young QB out there damn the results, how much worse can it really bad after all these years of what we've seen? The defense is hurt to hell and can't just save the offense any longer this year, we don't have probably our two most important players on defense now, the offense will HAVE to be successful in some way consistently from here out... and that seems impossible but even if one of the youngsters throws for like 200 yards and a touchdown or two that would help out mightily.. we know what we have with Appleby, just good enough to get us beat or barely scrape by nothing more nothing less... No way I see him going off for 300 or anything close to that without some miracle happening, and we are down Cleveland now too and I don't even know Goolsby's status, that seemed to be his favorite target last start...

No Davis, Anzalone and probably no Cece on Saturday. Mac's going to have to scheme some
It's gonna take a LOT of something positive to make anything in this program positive, damned if we do and don't in this game, if we beat them and cover like we are "supposed" to against our lame duck coach we fired people will say well you should have and everyone is rooting against us for the opposite to happen.. Muschamp has always somehow had his units best games against the Gators over the years... if the pressure builds in another low scoring muschamp mash it will get ugly with pressure, I just wanna see a young QB out there damn the results, how much worse can it really bad after all these years of what we've seen? The defense is hurt to hell and can't just save the offense any longer this year, we don't have probably our two most important players on defense now, the offense will HAVE to be successful in some way consistently from here out... and that seems impossible but even if one of the youngsters throws for like 200 yards and a touchdown or two that would help out mightily.. we know what we have with Appleby, just good enough to get us beat or barely scrape by nothing more nothing less... No way I see him going off for 300 or anything close to that without some miracle happening, and we are down Cleveland now too and I don't even know Goolsby's status, that seemed to be his favorite target last start...

I don't think it's going to happen. I think we're going to lose. Big losses on defense, and I think their offense might be better than ours, and you know Champ is chewing through walls right now and will have his team doing the same on Saturday. But I was thinking something along the lines of what you're saying: Franks comes in, throws for 180 yards, a TD or two, maybe breaks some runs, and we win 20-14 or something like that. That would give us a little positive momentum, and it doesn't seem that far out of line to hope for.

More likely, Appleby will take every snap, suck, and we will lose or barely scrape a win together.

If we look even close to the same as last week on offense and can't at least move the ball and control field position or get a lead early to force them out of playing conservative and chewing clock we will lose again... If we could ever get a TD lead first and force teams to open it up with our DB's we can pounce on them, scoring first is huge for us the rest of the year with our defense being hurt now and the shape the offense has been in, we need to be able to chew some clock and move the chains some and not be in desperation throwing every down abondoning the run against because we are nowhere near able or suited for that... The good news is even with our defense banged up i expect their QB to have a rough day in his first road start in a hostile place and we have to force them into many passing situations and force the playbook to open and be on our Teez and Q's... both of them are really gonna have to step up and play at the level expected of them jumping in front of some expected bad balls and get pressure in his face with what we have.. if they can run the ball and keep in short distances on 3rd downs and medium like arkansas did all day we will have a hard time... I just don't think this qb has it to beat us without our defense truly being much worse without our LB's in there but it could happen because both of those guys are VERY important to us and getting everyone lined up and stuffing the run correctly.. We may be in more base defenses because of it all day and will rely on a pass rush from the front 4 more than any other time this year, I don't understand why collins kept pass rushing on 2nd downs with those wide ass gaps last game and with how they were block/tackling us off the line all day it killed our fronts for the lb's and ended up helping them get hurt in reality. Our coordinators have failed miserably this year

sadgator, since you are one of UF's wealthiest and most influential investors and boosters, should Chump defeat us in the Swamp, I nominate you to do as MeatChicken did two years ago. On Monday you will board a plane to San Francisco. You will then stay there for 3 months, refusing to return until Chip Kelly agrees to return with you. So tell Mrs Sadgator to be ready for this

it is time for the investors
to go check out the under-performing company in person.

sadgator will provide his findings to you all in a final report by Monday.

Homocane will be there....will you be in the copper monkey 30 minutes before kickoff?

I had a dream last night that we lost 31-20 and Muschamp did his Tennessee bit after the game...

All I know is hopefully you guys going to the game don't have to see A-Reptile dysfunction on offense in person...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannygator1989
Here are sadgator's observations...

1. Gainesville is the most incredible place in the universe...the chicks are so hot...sadgator does not remember it being like this when he was in college. The weather was perfect and it was a beautiful day.

2. The play calling was really good. We adapted to USC, and we mixed it up with the variable looks and sets. We moved the ball well. But for the turnovers, we would have had a lot more points.

3. The players really stepped up in the face of injury. Let's face reality...this isn't the same team we started the season with, nor the one we all thought we would be watching.

4. Appleby is big, strong, fast, and mobile. Passing was pretty sharp yesterday.

5. Mus hasn't learned a damn thing. There was absolutely no urgency to his coaching or that team's performance as the game was winding down. They played their final few possessions as if they had all the time in the world and were down by one possession. It was driving the Gamecock fans near us crazy. We told them that was so similar to our experience with him.

6. LSU is probably going to kill us (see number 3 above). And because of that, it is probably unfair to criticize Mac too much. If the team shows up and is at all competitive against LSU and FSU, sadgator will be happy.

7. The Copper Monkey has an awesome "California" grilled chicken sandwich. Because of the early start we went after the game for a post-game celebration.

8. All in all, it was a perfect day. sadgator and his posse' also met Jevon Kearse in the bookstore at the Union too. Couldn't have been a nicer guy!

i saw the purple porpoise now looks like the remade houndstooth bar they re did in tuscaloosa after i left school there, a two story outdoor bar... When I was at bama all we had was the old school hole in the wall houndstooth with 2 dollar pitchers for football players... Saban really got the strip jazzed up there for party town

We walked past the new "porpoise," but didn't go in. It looked awesome with the rooftop area. Certainly not the dive it was anymore.

We walked by at about 6:30pm and things were really getting going. It was going to be a party night on University with the crisp fall weather and a nice SEC win. The smells of post-game booze, fried food, perfume, and youth were in the air. It was very nostalgic. That is what heaven will be like.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I haven't been in the 'Purple Porpoise' since it was down on S.13th St, near the old 'Bambi' Motel.
We use to get pitchers of beer and have some great Darts competitions in there....

It was okay times for the young and the restless, but I can't really say that I miss it. I have seen many such different era's in my lifetime. They all had their time and place, but times move on....

'Time flies when you're having a good time.'
(but I've got news for ya, time flies, and it doesn't matter what kind of time your're having as it does so)

Lets watch the next too weeks and see. Remember, they were picked to finish dead last in the SECe. Also, recruiting is still bad and we are still irrelevent nationally, which hurts recruiting
You predicted a loss yesterday, if memory serves.

sadgator hasn't given up on this team nor any player on it (including LDR), nor anyone coaching it.

sadgator saw the light (and many hot chicks) yesterday.

This team is very much a work in progress, but they are playing hard for Mac. And Mac knows what we ultimately want to see. They do indeed "play their tails off."

I thought they would lose. If LDR was at qb, we might have. We looked good though. Offense I thought was the best I've seen since Mac got here. They were playing fast, guys were running loose, Appleby made all kinds of plays. Defense looked great, deeper than I realized. The line ate them alive. Secondary was dominant.

I thought they would lose. If LDR was at qb, we might have. We looked good though. Offense I thought was the best I've seen since Mac got here. They were playing fast, guys were running loose, Appleby made all kinds of plays. Defense looked great, deeper than I realized. The line ate them alive. Secondary was dominant.

I agree, that looked like an offense you would expect to see at UF. Uptempo, play calling that used speed to our advantage. A RB that plays at an SEC level. I just hope this is the direction we continue to move. I am just confused as to why it took so long to move in this direction. Mac just needs to let go of the guys like LDR and Thimpson who fit the way he did things at Bama and continue to move in this direction. We used tempo until the last possession of the game and never took our foot off the gas.

2nd half we took our foot off the gas again a bit. Similar to Tennesee game. We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot in the redzone. That game should have been 34-7.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I agree, that looked like an offense you would expect to see at UF. Uptempo, play calling that used speed to our advantage. A RB that plays at an SEC level. I just hope this is the direction we continue to move. I am just confused as to why it took so long to move in this direction. Mac just needs to let go of the guys like LDR and Thimpson who fit the way he did things at Bama and continue to move in this direction. We used tempo until the last possession of the game and never took our foot off the gas.

Right. Basically, we finally played offensively the way a lot of Mac's critics have been asking for, since Grier left. Spread it out, play fast, play a mobile quarterback and use him. I almost fell out of my chair when Appleby tucked it on the zone read, first drive of the game. Looking at how the offense has looked in three of the four halves that Appleby has played, compared to LDR's body of work, it is bizarre that Appleby didn't get a look in the Arkansas game.

2nd half we took our foot off the gas again a bit. Similar to Tennesee game. We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot in the redzone. That game should have been 34-7.

Yea that's the one critique I have of this game coaching wise. We once again took our foot off the gas and that is gonna come back to haunt us (again) against the better teams. Considering how often we struggle idk why we always ramp it down when we're finally performing instead of trying to keep the good mo going.

In regards to this thread McElwain is doing more off the field than on it. He's already got us an IPF and there are a lot more football related facility upgrades on the way. The football program will be in a better place regardless whether McElwain is successful here or not. It will be in a better place than when he got it from Muschamp.

Yea that's the one critique I have of this game coaching wise. We once again took our foot off the gas and that is gonna come back to haunt us (again) against the better teams. Considering how often we struggle idk why we always ramp it down when we're finally performing instead of trying to keep the good mo going.

I guess I should have been more clear. We stuck with tempo through the 2nd half which I realize does not constitute keeping your foot on the gas. But I do not believe Mac nor Nuss will ever be aggressive with a lead. Just not in their nature imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT