ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals100 defender schedules official visit with the Gators

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018

Hey all,

I just spoke with the father of Rivals100 defensive end, Kenyatta Jackson, who will be taking a mid-week official visit to Florida on June 22-24. The Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna star was offered roughly a year ago and is being prioritized by the likes of Dan Mullen, Todd Grantham, David Turner and Tim Brewster. He is the fifth-ranked weak-side defensive end on Rivals.

As for an unofficial visit to campus, Jackson's father says nothing is scheduled and that's something his son will have to decide. He officially visited Alabama this past weekend and reportedly has additional officials lined up with Ohio State, Clemson and Oklahoma.

"Unofficial visit, only time will tell later down the line and it’s up too Kenyatta Jr.," said Jackson's father.

Below is what Jackson said about the Gators earlier this year.

"I like Florida's defense and I think I can play the role that they used Brenton Cox in. I like how they moved him around, I like how he would stand up some, then put his hand down, and he is the kind of player I see myself as. I also like the coaching staff. I know almost the entire staff. Coach Mullen, coach Grantham, and other Florida coaches are recruiting me."

I think the Gators have some work to do, but it's worth noting they are the lone in-state program to receive an official visit. There has been buzz surrounding Ohio State and Clemson.

- CB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News