ADVERTISEMENT

Republican led Congressional Maps Rejected by the SCOTUS

You do know that NIL was joke, right? you seriously couldn't figure that out.

There is no evidence that the Dems gerrymander based on race, zero.
dems are smarter than the pubs, not really close. so we really cant draw too many conclusions from them not being caught....

• Haha
Reactions: BCSpell
LOL, there would be no point. If "only" 80% of black people voted for Democrats, that would be characterized as a VERY poor showing for the Dems.

And white voters are fairly evenly split between Dems and Republicans so how would you gerrymander the white vote based on race? Why would you? To what end?

This is silly. But you knew that.
To claim something and then say "there would be no point" when it comes to evidence is an odd take.

Reactions: Mdfgator
You do know that NIL was joke, right? you seriously couldn't figure that out.

There is no evidence that the Dems gerrymander based on race, zero.
3 weeks later it's a joke?

So was the time your reply was "Name"? 😆

It's the same thing.

Any there's as much evidence dems gerrymander based on race as repubs because it's the exact same thing....

When 80 to 90+% of a race vote for one party, gerrymandering would ultimately involve race.

If 85% of white people voted for the Republican Party, you could say that gerrymandering their vote would be racially discriminatory. Since 85% of white people don't vote for either party, that won't work.
ALL politics involve race.

The irony that he has to interject race into every issue but wants to avoid it here is hard to stomach.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I posted the rulings that my thread was about;

Allen vs Milligan.

I didn't post anything about Moore vs Harper. So I don't have anything to say about it. Start a thread about it and see if I comment on it haha

Now back to Allen vs Milligan, I did post both side mentioning race. Go to post 18. Roberts said minority voters (black people) and Thomas straight up said "black voters".
Well the news cycle yesterday was up in arms about YESTERDAY'S ruling in Moore.

So yea, color me confused that you chose to bring up a month old ruling.

JFC.

I guess in a month we'll talk about the much broader and more impactful court case?

To claim something and then say "there would be no point" when it comes to evidence is an odd take.

And what are you saying that I claimed?

To be clear, I'm saying that both sides gerrymander...obviously.

But only Republicans could be accused of racism through gerrymandering based on the high percentage of the black vote that goes to democrats.

Yes he does, he doesn't understand what is America and how it was built on change
Can you show me a link...so I may better understand? (no you cannot, because your statement is a lie...like EVERYTHING you post) LET ME EDUCATE YOU AGAIN,son.......

America was built on the Declaration of INDEPENDENCE. Let me give you a HINT...and you can go google it, son.

"We hold these truths to be self evident...that ALL men were created EQUAL"

Now go look this up and do something YOU, and NO dim witted lib has EVER done...READ IT. THEN you will understand what being an American is, even though you are not capable.

Reactions: nail1988
3 weeks later it's a joke?

So was the time your reply was "Name"? 😆

It's the same thing.

Any there's as much evidence dems gerrymander based on race as repubs because it's the exact same thing....
It was always a joke. That's why I only put NIL, with no explanation. It's not my fault that you're way too damn serious

And what are you saying that I claimed?

To be clear, I'm saying that both sides gerrymander...obviously.

But only Republicans could be accused of racism through gerrymandering based on the high percentage of the black vote that goes to democrats.
Actually you didn't claim anything, you just jump in the convo to defend Fatman.

accused? the courts confirmed. Now you don't trust the courts? oh man

Well the news cycle yesterday was up in arms about YESTERDAY'S ruling in Moore.

So yea, color me confused that you chose to bring up a month old ruling.

JFC.

I guess in a month we'll talk about the much broader and more impactful court case?
No, color you WRONG lol

but it's all love bro, I know you mean well.

America was built on the Declaration of INDEPENDENCE. Let me give you a HINT...and you can go google it, son.

"We hold these truths to be self evident...that ALL men were created EQUAL"
Now go look this up and do something YOU, and NO dim witted lib has EVER done...READ IT. THEN you will understand what being an American is, even though you are not capable.

And so at the time of that declaration were all men treated equal?

How long did it take for America to make it law that all men were to be treated equally under the law?

angry-yosemite-sam-bjgnir8r6mblkfr6.jpg

Shorter time than any Nation on earth.

Wrong dopey

England ended slavery faster than the US

If we hear at all about Britain's involvement in slavery, there's often a slight whiff of self-congratulation – for abolishing it in 1833, 32 years ahead of the US, where the legacy of slavery is still more of an open wound.Feb 5, 2020

How Britain is facing up to its hidden slavery history - BBC​

BBC
https://www.bbc.com › culture › article › 20200205-how...

How long had England been practicing slavery when it ended it?

You are so bad at this.

You do realize that the end of slavery isn't the discussion...

The unequal treatment of non-white people by law in the US ended with the Civil RIghts Act not the end of slavery, right?

Unequal treatment under the law for the US stretched from 1619 to 1964

That is longer than the UK and a crapload longer than a lot of sountries who haven't even existed for 345 years like American inequality existed by legal code in this country

And so at the time of that declaration were all men treated equal?

How long did it take for America to make it law that all men were to be treated equally under the law?

Shorter time than any Nation on earth.

That's the discussion we're having....

But as usual the troll aka malone can't stay out of conversations he also can't comprehend

The Black Codes and Jim Crow Segregation were created after slavery and enforced by written law until 1964

As usual dopey malone is 100% WRONG

Actually you didn't claim anything, you just jump in the convo to defend Fatman.

I didn't jump in to defend anyone. We agree as we often do. Stop playing victim...there are many here that you often agree with, goofball. People who share similar political outlooks.

accused? the courts confirmed. Now you don't trust the courts? oh man

LOL, I was speaking hypothetically...not about this specific case. You're trying too hard.

I believe that these districts unfairly affected black voters. But I don't know how Republicans can gerrymander without having that affect due to the overwhelming Dem leans in predominantly black neighborhoods.

OTOH Dems can gerrymander without having that affect because the white vote is more evenly split. And we all agree, both sides gerrymander.

I don't know how I can be more clear. But go ahead, purposely misinterpret something else I say so that you can feign indignance.

Actually you didn't claim anything

And excellent job at deflecting once again.

First you said I claimed something and when I called you on it, you deflected immediately to something else because it was clear that I had not and you realized that you were FOS.

kalim being kalim, again.

I didn't jump in to defend anyone. We agree as we often do. Stop playing victim...there are many here that you often agree with, goofball. People who share similar political outlooks.

LOL, I was speaking hypothetically...not about this specific case. You're trying too hard.

I believe that these districts unfairly affected black voters. But I don't know how Republicans can gerrymander without having that affect due to the overwhelming Dem leans in predominantly black neighborhoods.

OTOH Dems can gerrymander without having that affect because the white vote is more evenly split. And we all agree, both sides gerrymander.

I don't know how I can be more clear. But go ahead, purposely misinterpret something else I say so that you can feign indignance.
I was actually giving you credit and saying I was wrong because you didn't claim anything. I responded to the wrong person about the claim...RELAX

Now to the 2nd part, you agree with the courts on this case. That's a win.

However, you can separate districts equally without negatively effect black people because maps were/are presented that showed that its possible. That helped the courts see how it looked deliberate or on purpose.

Like they were having predominantly heavy black ppl districts with like 10000 ppl having 1 rep but predominantly heavy white ppl districts with like 500 people having 3 reps. 😆 (Everything I said was hypothetical).

Now to the 2nd part, you agree with the courts on this case. That's a win.

Yes and no...as I explained above.

However, you can separate districts equally without negatively effect black people because maps were/are presented that showed that its possible. That helped the courts see how it looked deliberate or on purpose.

If the goal is to limit the opposition parties ability for representation, and that is ABSOLUTELY the goal of gerrymandering by BOTH parties, then no you cannot.

With this new map, Dems will now control 2 of 7 Alabama congressional districts as opposed to 1 of 7. Ergo, Dems have more freedom to gerrymander than Republicans due to race...and that was my entire point.

I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall here finding new ways to explain the same point, over and over, to you. That is a very common theme when one debates with you. Why is that? Because that is your tactic...you refuse to hear people in an effort to "win" a debate.

Like they were having predominantly heavy black ppl districts with like 10000 ppl having 1 rep but predominantly heavy white ppl districts with like 500 people having 3 reps. 😆 (Everything I said was hypothetical).

No idea what you're talking about here. Is this a specific case that you're referring to? Other factors involved like geography?

This is QUITE the compliment from someone like you. I mean it. Because you do not have one little SPECK of American in you. So THANK YOU, son!
I am all red blooded american, i am more a thomas jefferson american, you more of a trump american...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT