ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Service Accuracy Comparison

E3PO

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2005
I believe we've spoken about this several times on this board regarding whether Rivals is more accurate than 24/7 or of the composite should be the gold standard. Well turns out, our fellow Gator from The Fair Catch (an awesome college football stats blog) did the analysis.

Granted, this is not entirely comprehensive and doesn't go back too terribly far, but I thought the results are interesting:

accuracy-by-position-groups.png

Now, again, this model isn't comprehensive, but I think it demonstrates an idea many of us have had all along...that the composite isn't necessarily the most accurate. In this case, they are dragged down by the inaccuracy of ESPN and the most accurate overall is 24/7.

Another interesting thing is that the services tend to be most accurate with groups like DL and RB, and least accurate with QB, WR, and TE.

There's obviously many variables here like the criteria for performance and sample size, but this is the best attempt I've seen yet. Check out the entire thing, it's awesome.

https://thefaircatch.com/2020/02/01/reviewing-the-recruiting-services-how-do-they-stack-up/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News