ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic coaching options...

Why aren't Riley or Day realistic for UF? Day makes $4.5M a year. Offer him $20M and he's likely your coach tomorrow. Same thing with Lincoln Riley.

So Lincoln Riley I think might actually make the jump. I don't think the LSU rumor was a hoax.

He's struggling with Texas, Kansas and Iowa State and shortly he'll be in the SEC. I think he sees the writing on the wall for the future of Oklahoma football.

He's a smart guy and if he wants to stay in college, I think he might go ahead and jump to a traditional power school in the SEC.

Now that said, LSU makes the most sense for him. He already knows Texas recruiting and he can lock down Louisiana.

But if we want to make a BIG swing for the fences, you throw 10 million at Riley.

So Lincoln Riley I think might actually make the jump. I don't think the LSU rumor was a hoax.

He's struggling with Texas, Kansas and Iowa State and shortly he'll be in the SEC. I think he sees the writing on the wall for the future of Oklahoma football.

He's a smart guy and if he wants to stay in college, I think he might go ahead and jump to a traditional power school in the SEC.

Now that said, LSU makes the most sense for him. He already knows Texas recruiting and he can lock down Louisiana.

But if we want to make a BIG swing for the fences, you throw 10 million at Riley.
And the East is easier then the West.

Why aren't Riley or Day realistic for UF? Day makes $4.5M a year. Offer him $20M and he's likely your coach tomorrow. Same thing with Lincoln Riley.

He isnt leaving Ohio State with how he has it there and If Riley did leave for the SEC early it will be LSU who would match anything we offer. If Oklahoma wasn't going to the SEC he surely would stay put unless he was headed to the NFL.

I do believe Ryan day was once a grad assistant at UF.

I think Day is perfectly happy at OSU. He literally was handed a juggernaut and all he's had to do is sustain it.

Coming to Florida and turning it around is a very, very different thing.

Bug risk for him.

Hmmmmm...interesting idea on Riley. Not sure I agree. If OU was staying in the Big 12 till 2025, I see your point. But if they come sooner, or whenever they come, OU as a whole will get a bit of a bump from being in the SEC. It will be slightly easier to recruit there, and of course more media exposure.

The schedule will of course be tougher, but everything else will be a bit easier.

If OU really isn't coming till 2025, then if I am his agent, I am calling BOTH LSU and Florida to gauge interest.

He isnt leaving Ohio State with how he has it there
LMAO! How in the world could you know that???

So his agent calls him and tells him Florida wants him for $20M a year, and Day says that's nice, but I'll take a paycut of $15.5M a year to stay in Ohio and freeze my ass off every year? LOL

And the fact that you seem to think if LSU matches any offer you make to Riley that he would pick Corndog U over Florida is just sad.

LMAO! How in the world could you know that???

So his agent calls him and tells him Florida wants him for $20M a year, and Day says that's nice, but I'll take a paycut of $15.5M a year to stay in Ohio and freeze my ass off every year? LOL

Goodness.

lol... You even suggesting Saban, Swinney or the OSU coach leaving for anything other than the NFL at this point is literally comedy channel worthy.

Ryan Day has it easy at Ohio St. He was handed a Ferrari and just has had to sustain it. We have no idea if he can actually build a program.
I'm not advocating for Florida hiring Day. I just question Fever's mentality that the best Florida can do is Lane Train and let's just get the deal done.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Ryan Day has it easy at Ohio St. He was handed a Ferrari and just has had to sustain it. We have no idea if he can actually build a program.

That was my opinion in another thread I believe. Day has it made there and we really don't know who he is.

He might just be a better Larry Coker.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Lane Kiffin is a lateral move of Dan Mullen.
Probably, and just as or more arrogant. Arrogance is okay if your record backs it up. I still think bringing in a solid DC that can recruit would fix a lot of problems. Though it's Mullin's fault Grantham was here this year, just look at how the defense performed yesterday with a fill in. They basically shut down the SEC's leading rusher for 3 quarters, the secondary needs better athletes period.

My biggest fear is that Mullin has thrown in the towel and checked out as head coach, his posture and attitude seem to convey it. Has Strickland already put him on notice that he is likely out, or is Mullen just going through the motions to get fired and collect a buyout?

Oh and I take what Bianchi says with a grain of salt. When has he ever been right? 🤣

he isn’t leaving OSU

but he is a good football coach. One of the best at halftime adjustments in the game.

you guys in the South probably don’t see as many of their games but he is a very good football coach

and obviously a very good recruiter

none of that matters because he is not even relevant to the UG coaching search

Still something weird sounding about turning it around

Mullen went 10-3, 11-2 then 8-1 then the bottom dropped out
I guess turn it around from this season but we don’t yet have a long bad trend

Two names to throw out there for the hell of it…..

Luke Fickell at Cincinnati - has done great things for their program.

Jeff Brohm at Purdue - inherited a mess and has brought them back to respectability.

Fickell is a MidWest guy, turned down Mich St last year. I believe he waits for PSU or Michigan to open

Brohm is not the answer.

Reactions: gatordad3
Two names to throw out there for the hell of it…..

Luke Fickell at Cincinnati - has done great things for their program.

Jeff Brohm at Purdue - inherited a mess and has brought them back to respectability.

Brohm wouldn't even leave when Louisville came calling.

Why are we not discussing Kevin Wilson from Obio State. Currently recruits well and is responsible for 1 of the best offenses in the country on a yearly basis. He has HC experience.

I would also pair him with Glenn Schumann on the defensive side. He is UGAs top recruiter and is the next guy up behind Lanning.
Florida and Indiana jobs don't compare, but Wilson was a failure at Indiana. He's likely a guy that's a great Coordinator but not meant to be a Head Coach.

BTW if you guys are determined to go the Kiffin route, then I say let's make it interesting....hire Kiffin and then Ogre as his DC.

You guys will either win the NC in year two, or season two will end with everyone being shitcanned and a knockdown brawl in the lockerroom after another FSU loss.

Either way, it will be interesting.

BTW if you guys are determined to go the Kiffin route, then I say let's make it interesting....hire Kiffin and then Ogre as his DC.

You guys will either win the NC in year two, or season two will end with everyone being shitcanned and a knockdown brawl in the lockerroom after another FSU loss.

Either way, it will be interesting.

What do you think of Napier? He seems to be the non-power 5 coach mentioned the most.

Reactions: mcanes
What do you think of Napier? He seems to be the non-power 5 coach mentioned the most.
He's like everyone else you have mentioned: He's a risk.

It seems you are enamored with the 'up n comer' hire. Everyone you've pushed fits that bill. Or they have something to prove.

My thought process is, Florida is too good of a job to settle for an 'up n comer'.

Look, I am a Bama fan, I have no dog in this hunt. Florida is in the other division, so whoever you hire really won't impact my team that much. Plus I like the posters you have here. As a group, you guys are great. I don't think you guys realize how sane this board is by comparison to most of the Georgia, LSU, Auburn and Tennessee boards in particular. Their boards are trash, and most of their posters are as well.

So whatever I say is motivated by wanting to see you guys do well. I just know what worked for Bama with Saban was swinging for the fences and spending money as an investment, and not viewing it as an expense.

If you hire the right coach, the money is meaningless. Because whoever you hire will make Florida back far more money than you will pay him.

Go big or go home. Napier could be a stud hire, but it could turn out the Florida job is too much for him to handle.

No one knows. And Florida is too good of a job to settle for an unknown. That's my take.

Reactions: Gator Fever

if you went to TOS you would think they were talking about Saban the way they discuss Napier, it actually makes them look stupid. Someone stated tonight, “Anything other than Napier is a complete failure.”

He supposedly has a strong recruiting history, so ceiling is maybe Mario?

A major concern many have acknowledged is he calls his own plays but his offense is not over the top good.

i have also read he is a Louisiana guy and LsU is his dream job.

I am not a fan of the idea as it seems so Frost, Norvell, Willie like. And I kind of agree with Ghost the Bama fan, thats a big risk for Florida

if you went to TOS you would think they were talking about Saban the way they discuss Napier, it actually makes them look stupid. Someone stated tonight, “Anything other than Napier is a complete failure.”

A major concern many have acknowledged is he calls his own plays but his offense is not over the top good.

I am not a fan of the idea as it seems so Frost, Norvell, Willie like. And I kind of agree with Ghost the Bama fan, thats a big risk for Florida

Its taking a risk and I think you cant really tell on recruiting until someone is a power 5 coach as someone like Napier can sell those recruits on his Bama / NFL player connections more than some other coaches.

I think the big problem for UF is how few coaches available have the last name beginning with “M”…… I mean, that’s the rule over the past 25 years now, right ?

he isn’t leaving OSU

but he is a good football coach. One of the best at halftime adjustments in the game.

you guys in the South probably don’t see as many of their games but he is a very good football coach

and obviously a very good recruiter

none of that matters because he is not even relevant to the UG coaching search
Except he's from Manchester, NH like Mullen and Chip Kelly are from.......we're done flirting with those boys......plus Day inherited Urbie's team and OSU plays a weak ass B10 schedule, nothing like SEC, so Day does not excite me at all, nor does Riley for the same reasons....Riley inherited Stoopsies team and OU plays a weak ass B12 schedule. I pass on both those guys.

Napier is a Louisiana guy and I'm sure his dream job is LSU, but I've stated this before, Baton Rouge loves him. Which is why I think they end up hiring him.

Napier is better there than here. And I'm not sure how good he actually is but at least I lived there and listen to radio.

I'll have to check in with Matt Moscona and see what his thoughts are.

Napier is a Louisiana guy and I'm sure his dream job is LSU, but I've stated this before, Baton Rouge loves him. Which is why I think they end up hiring him.

Napier is better there than here. And I'm not sure how good he actually is but at least I lived there and listen to radio.

I'll have to check in with Matt Moscona and see what his thoughts are.
I thought he was raised in Georgia, went to Furman, and his dream was UGa? Hell I can't remember it's so many it runs together.

Because Florida unreasonably fires dudes after 1 bad season…

“Sign us up…”

lol…sadgator is willing to bet a nickle that half of us on the board won’t be able to properly pronounce the name of Florida’s next coach on the day of the hire…
Good head coaches have egos and believe they can make it work anywhere. We can pay too. However, the current pool of candidates is shallow in my opinion. I would have kept Mullen and allowed him to bring in some hot shot recruiters.

Good head coaches have egos and believe they can make it work anywhere. We can pay too. However, the current pool of candidates is shallow in my opinion. I would have kept Mullen and allowed him to bring in some hot shot recruiters.
Bingo, this guy gets it. It's not just firing the head coach, it's who are you going to replace him.

"I think it's time to fire Dan."

"Ok, who can we get to replace him?"

"We can get our choice of Lane Kiffin, Billy Napier or Hugh Freeze."

"Really? I say we give Dan another year till we get the coach we want, then."

Bingo, this guy gets it. It's not just firing the head coach, it's who are you going to replace him.

"I think it's time to fire Dan."

"Ok, who can we get to replace him?"

"We can get our choice of Lane Kiffin, Billy Napier or Hugh Freeze."

"Really? I say we give Dan another year till we get the coach we want, then."
How would it have been better next year once LSU, USC and VT etc. fill their vacancies? The worst thing you can do in that situation is wait unless you have a Saban in the NFL not succeeding. * Meyer wont come back here imo.

Because Florida unreasonably fires dudes after 1 bad season…

“Sign us up…”

lol…sadgator is willing to bet a nickle that half of us on the board won’t be able to properly pronounce the name of Florida’s next coach on the day of the hire
😬

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT