ADVERTISEMENT

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU SUPPORT THE HIRING OF CHIP KELLY...

I am not against him. But he is not my first choice.

1. Most people say he does not like recruiting. Huge red flag
2. Does not seem to very fan friendly or booster friendly.
3. His passing offenses have been mediocre.
4. He did get into NCAA trouble.

Scott Frost is my first choice.

I like Scott Frost as well but I will say this...

1. Spurrier didn't like to recruit either
2. Neither Meyer or Spurrier were fan friendly or booster friendly

If you've talked to more than a few college coaches, it's not uncommon for them to dislike recruiting. Most do. You're forced to kiss the ass of some 17 year old who has never accomplished a damn thing and boost their ego 24/7.

Kelly like most college coaches probably hates recruiting, but he was good at it. His classes were the highest in Oregon's history and you don't win 87% of your games unless you're doing a good job recruiting and coaching.

What was chip kellys biggest win at oregon? I know he played for the title in 2010 but cant remember his big wins. Dont watch much pac 12 football

If you've talked to more than a few college coaches, it's not uncommon for them to dislike recruiting. Most do. You're forced to kiss the ass of some 17 year old who has never accomplished a damn thing and boost their ego 24/7.

Kelly like most college coaches probably hates recruiting, but he was good at it. His classes were the highest in Oregon's history and you don't win 87% of your games unless you're doing a good job recruiting and coaching.

In 2016 Oregon was in the top 30 in players in the nfl. He was at 38, basically in the same neighborhood as Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc... He may hate recruiting but he’s smart enough to know he’s not going to win in the SEC without players. I don’t know how his classes ranked but his teams were always athletic on both sides of the ball. It did strike me that he took a few more sketchy characters, but that’s at Oregon, where you probably have to stretch a bit.

Reactions: oozie7
I talked to an fsu buddy of mine this afternoon.

He told me how poisonous Chip could be, how he hates to recruit, how he hates the booster club circuit.

He sounded like he was on his way to his funeral.

Reactions: sadgator

He told me how poisonous Chip could be, how he hates to recruit, how he hates the booster club circuit.

I don't see how anybody could depressed over hiring a guy with the college success he's had, especially considering the last 6 years in Gainesville.

I am not against him. But he is not my first choice.

1. Most people say he does not like recruiting. Huge red flag
2. Does not seem to very fan friendly or booster friendly.
3. His passing offenses have been mediocre.
4. He did get into NCAA trouble.

Scott Frost is my first choice.

MJ, I'm with you that I would take Frost No. 1 but still be plenty excited about Chip, but thinking about it, I'm coming around to the fact that UF has to do everything possible to hire Kelly. I think I was really underestimating the pressure the UAA, and its new AD, is under to turn football around. I'm not sure they can afford even a little bit of risk. With Frost, there's at least some risk that he can't win big enough in the SEC and a decent risk that we won't get him (and we won't know for 2 months). But what really cinched it for me is to think about a scenario where we slow play Chip and lose him and he ends up at aTm or god-forbid UT. If that happens, Strickland can clean out his office the first time Kelly puts up 50 in the Swamp.

In 2016 Oregon was in the top 30 in players in the nfl. He was at 38, basically in the same neighborhood as Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc... He may hate recruiting but he’s smart enough to know he’s not going to win in the SEC without players. I don’t know how his classes ranked but his teams were always athletic on both sides of the ball. It did strike me that he took a few more sketchy characters, but that’s at Oregon, where you probably have to stretch a bit.

Yep. Was gonna add that too. Those Oregon teams turned out more than a few NFL players and those players weren't that highly recruited. So he did a good job identifying and developing the talent he got. That's what you need to win. And at a place like UF he'd have more access to high caliber players.

Noles better have their shittin' pants on....and we will find out just how bad of a take Jimbo has on things real soon...

even the UT guy on Finebaum said earlier even if he doesn't like recruiting that is EXACTLY WHY he fits best at UF, because it recruits itself and you don't EVEN HAVE TO leave your back yard to load up and stockpile on who and what you want...

Someone posted a chart of Chips defenses at oregon for all the haters, his defenses were consistently their school best to go along with their best offenses ever, which is how they won so much you can't do it without it.. Then the chart DROPS TO ROCK BOTTOM directly the days and to the end of when helfrich took over...

Fsu has had 2 coaches in 50 yrs.
"50 years"? That's quite a remarkable record.

The few surviving United-Statesians who can still do 4-digit arithmetic without resorting to calculators would typically count that period as 40 years (more or less: actually 42, inclusively) from the hiring of Bobby Bowden as FSU head coach (1976--2009) until the end of this wretched 2017 regular season.

Is political correctness at FSU now requiring that octal arithmetic be substituted for decimal, to inflate grades in a manner that's not obvious to naïve eyes, notably parents? A student would need to earn only an 80 grade to see it reported as a 100 (whoo-hoo! ).

Or were both arithmetic systems used by the Hillary campaign--her veneration shown by your avatar [×]--for Democrat budget forecasts: Revenue in octal, but expenses in decimal?

Maybe the next step is for FSU athletic records to count wins in octal, but keep years of competition in decimal? Oh, wait! Would the academically oh so lofty ACC approve?

Not at a destination job like UF? [....] It can happen if you get the right fit.
Hmmm.

-------
Note ×: Your obtrusively political avatar makes jabs at your politics fair game on ITG (at least if not taken to excess), methinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: djegators
compu Gator and insta both have the same doubts, and same posting format, same screen name/ user names..

hmmm...

No way.

Compu is an unmatched cerebral posting genius.

Insta...

dunce.gif

the similarities can't be denied, it's his manic depressive bi polar e personality match...

compu Gator and insta [GATOR] both have the same screen name/ user names. hmmm.
Uh, huh. They're "the same" only after ignoring the "compu" and "insta" parts. And also that the latter "GATOR" is all-caps.

There are, um, restrictions on what information I'm allowed to divulge on a public-access forum such as ITG, but perhaps I can clarify a few things for you:

Devising a user name for ITG containing "Gator" was a coldly calculated risk. We recognized the disproportionately high incidence of "Gator" (and its typographic variations) in user names for this message board. We understood from the outset that it was only a matter of time before someone with a keen awareness of its user names would become suspicious about the connections among such users. And someone would eventually dare to speculate publicly on whether any subset of them is actually the same person. Nevertheless, we decided that it was a risk we ought to take.

But you're barking up the wrong tree regarding ‘instaGATOR’, because exact spelling and capitalization matter in what we call the identities. I, e.g., being within the initial-cap "Gator" identity, refuse to associate with the arrogant and excitable--some would say loud-mouthed--all-caps "GATOR" identities. In fairness, none of the identities is expendable; each has responsibilities that are completely different.

Nevertheless, you might have read that I and ‘instaGATOR’ have never been seen in the same place at the same time, which is true. But now, having read my previous paragraph, you know the real reason why. I already confirmed the corresponding observation about ‘Dannygator’ in a different ITG thread yesterday, and now you know that he belongs to a different identity, but is otherwise one--or more--of us.

Even if you think that the time has arrived for me, ‘Dannygator’, ‘PacoGator’, ‘sadgator’, and others within our set of typographically distinguished identities, to drop this charade of being different people (within the subset of user names who are all actually the same person), you need to accept that it's not a question for you to decide.

I'm sure you're now puzzled: Exactly who is the "we", "our", and "us" of this posting? So I must advise you that I'm not allowed to provide that information.

Last edited:
the similarities can't be denied, it's his manic depressive bi polar e personality match.
The only "bi-" that I can be counted as is "bicoastal". Living on the Left Coast made it difficult to follow Gator football during the Pell Probation years.

I can't be counted as "bipolar", because I've never set foot as far north as the Canada border, nor as far south as the Equator. I've never even flown over the Arctic or Antarctic circles.

But you could count me also as a "bibliophile",
and as an underpowered "bicyclist".

Reactions: sadgator
"50 years"? That's quite a remarkable record.

The few surviving United-Statesians who can still do 4-digit arithmetic without resorting to calculators would typically count that period as 40 years (more or less: actually 42, inclusively) from the hiring of Bobby Bowden as FSU head coach (1976--2009) until the end of this wretched 2017 regular season.

Is political correctness at FSU now requiring that octal arithmetic be substituted for decimal, to inflate grades in a manner that's not obvious to naïve eyes, notably parents? A student would need to earn only an 80 grade to see it reported as a 100 (whoo-hoo! ).

Or were both arithmetic systems used by the Hillary campaign--her veneration shown by your avatar [×]--for Democrat budget forecasts: Revenue in octal, but expenses in decimal?

Maybe the next step is for FSU athletic records to count wins in octal, but keep years of competition in decimal? Oh, wait! Would the academically oh so lofty ACC approve?

Hmmm.

-------
Note ×: Your obtrusively political avatar makes jabs at your politics fair game on ITG (at least if not taken to excess), methinks.

Lol that was awesome

There are, um, restrictions on what information I'm allowed to divulge on a public-access forum such as ITG, but perhaps I can clarify a few things for you:

Devising a user name for ITG containing "Gator" was a coldly calculated risk, but it was decided that it was a risk we ought to take. We recognized from the outset that it was only a matter of time before someone with a keen awareness of the disproportionately high incidence of "Gator" in user names for this message board would become suspicious about the connections among such users--uncertain whether any set of them is actually the same person.

But you're barking up the wrong tree regarding ‘instaGATOR’, because exact spelling and capitalization matter in what we call the identities. I, e.g., being within the initial-cap "Gator" identity, refuse to associate with the arrogant and excitable--some would say loud-mouthed--all-caps "GATOR" identities, altho' none of the identities is expendable, each having responsibilities that are completely different.

Nevertheless, you might have heard that I and ‘instaGATOR’ have never been seen in the same place at the same time, which is true, except for entire stadiums, of course. But now, having read my previous paragraph, you know the real reason why. I already confirmed the corresponding observation about ‘DannyGator’ in a different ITG thread yesterday, and now you know that he is one--or more--of us.

Even if you think that the time has arrived for me, ‘DannyGator’, ‘PacoGator’, ‘SadGator’, and others within the "Gator" identity, to drop this charade of being different people (within the set of user names who are all actually the same person), you need to accept that it's not a question for you to decide.

I'm sure you're now puzzled: Exactly who is the "we" of this posting? So I must advise you that I'm not allowed to provide that information.

I actually enjoy this guy lol post more

Someone posted a chart of Chips defenses at oregon for all the haters, his defenses were consistently their school best to go along with their best offenses ever, which is how they won so much you can't do it without it.. Then the chart DROPS TO ROCK BOTTOM directly the days and to the end of when helfrich took over...

So he is urban meyer? Rides a qb (tebow/mariota) and bolts at the first sign of a rebuild?

So he is urban meyer? Rides a qb (tebow/mariota) and bolts at the first sign of a rebuild?
Weren't all of Kelly's QBs he had at Oregon good? I'm pretty sure everybody he put behind center at Oregon put up big numbers. In order to have a rebuild on your hands don't you have to have a crappy season first?

By the way Mariotta didn't just play for Kelly. When Kelly left Oregon Mariotta was still there and played for Helfrich.

Don't you remember getting waxed by Oregon 59-20?

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Kelly would be successful, no doubt...My daughter goes to UF, and I think getting aboard the Lane Train would be the best course of action...If you don't get him, UT may well bring him back!

I see what you’re doing. Yes, gators, please hire Lane Kiffin.

Frost scared me the most, glad it won’t be him. Woulda liked if y’all got Strong (I’m rooting for you to fail).

CK is a wildcard for the reasons already mentioned. Frost was the best option but I don’t see him leaving UCF yet.

compu Gator and insta both have the same doubts, and same posting format, same screen name/ user names..
hmmm...

While clueless #'s is just as brain-dead as the rest of his circle of jerks,,,, hmmmmm.

Sad and Comp-P-U are in a race to see which can be more mundane and totally boring,,, and it's a tight race... zzzzzzzzzzz

While clueless #'s is just as brain-dead as the rest of his circle of jerks,,,, hmmmmm.

And you're still having homoerotic thoughts 24/7. Maybe you should use your imagination and 'jerk' it and live out your fantasies already.

More like the idiot chumps standing in their mutual admiration circle.
facebook-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Except for when they need a break and get in their village idiot line for a little much needed exercise break....

dancing-monkeys-o.gif

And then it's back to their usual problem solving station...

LVD5aj4Pps7l.jpg

Until they get reality shoved up their ignorant noses yet again, then it's more of the same for their circle....

crickets.jpg

PS

That post was worth about 4,000 words. I used the pictures because you like brevity, and because your usual learning method is to just look at the pictures... :cool:

Weren't all of Kelly's QBs he had at Oregon good? I'm pretty sure everybody he put behind center at Oregon put up big numbers. In order to have a rebuild on your hands don't you have to have a crappy season first?

By the way Mariotta didn't just play for Kelly. When Kelly left Oregon Mariotta was still there and played for Helfrich.

Don't you remember getting waxed by Oregon 59-20?

He is not even your coach yet and you are already defending him lol His team did great after he left. I think he knew that Oregon would take a dive after mariota and bolted.

He is not even your coach yet and you are already defending him lol His team did great after he left. I think he knew that Oregon would take a dive after mariota and bolted.
Hopefully NEVER going to be a Gator coach.

Your thoughts are right up there with your knowledge standards... :cool:

2007 9-4
2008 10-3
-----
2009 10-3 Cow-Chip Kelly -- Scott Frost WR's
2010 12-1
2011 12-2 -- Marcus Mariota (red shirt in 2011)
2012 12-1 -- Mariota starts.
----- Kelly 'NCAA Show Cause' and bails out for the NFL
Scott Frost to OC/QB's
2013 11-2 - Mariota
2014 13-2 - Mariota to NFL after his rsJr season.
2015 9-4
Frost to UCF as HC
2016 4-8

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT