ADVERTISEMENT

Other Gator Sports

GAINESVILLE, Fla. Tues. April 14thThe Southeastern Conference unveiled its swimming and diving postseason awards on Tuesday afternoon, highlighted by sophomore Kieran Smith being named Male Swimmer of the Year and men's head coach Anthony Nesty receiving Men's Swimming Coach of the Year for the second-straight season. Florida would also place five on the All-SEC First Team, eight on the Second Team and three on the All-Freshman Team.

Nesty, in his second year at the helm of the Gators men's program, garners his second-straight Coach of the Year honor after leading Florida to its eighth-straight and 41st-overall SEC title. At SEC's, Florida tallied 15 medals, five SEC event titles and set 17 new top-10 program swims.

For the rest of the story....
https://floridagators.com/news/2020...-gators-flood-sec-postseason-awards-list.aspx

==========

GAINESVILLE, Fla. Tues. April 14th Nine University of Florida women's swimmers and divers earned Southeastern Conference postseason honors as the league office announced their annual awards to cap the 2019-20 season.

The Gators, who placed seven on the Second Team and a pair on the All-Freshman team, tallied nine total postseason honors for the second-straight season after a runner-up finish at the 2020 SEC Championships, registering 1,079.5 points and seven medals over five days of competition.

https://floridagators.com/news/2020...-postseason-honors-to-cap-2019-20-season.aspx

NORMAN, Okla. – Junior John Axelsen and freshman Ricky Castillo have both been named to the Division I PING All-Region Southeast Team, the Golf Coaches Association of America announced Thursday.

Axelsen and Castillo are two of 25 student-athletes named the Southeast Team with a total of 156 golfers recognized across six regions for their play during the 2019-20 season. This marks the second PING All-Region honor for Axelsen, while it is Castillo's first.

https://floridagators.com/news/2020/4/16/mens-golf-axelsen-castillo-earn-ping-all-region-honors.aspx

==========

BIRGMINGHAM, Ala. – The Southeastern Conference announced its Community Service Team for the 2019-20 men's tennis season on Thursday, as junior Josh Goodger was recognized as one of 13 student-athletes within the conference to be named to the team.

Goodger, a Wallington, England native, amassed over 30 hours of service throughout the summer and fall of 2019, volunteering his time through several elementary and middle school visits.

https://floridagators.com/news/2020...dger-named-to-sec-community-service-team.aspx

2021 commit Jonah Diaz is all Florida: 'They're the best of the best'

“They’re the best of the best in each category from baseball to academics,” Diaz told GT. “The atmosphere at the camp I went to from the coaches to the players that were helping out, it just felt like home. "

The Florida commit has not heard from any schools since committing to Florida and doesn’t plan on talking to any additional schools either. Diaz also added he's 100 percent committed to the Florida Gators. -- My kind of student-athlete. iG

Nice article can be found here:
https://florida.rivals.com/news/2021-commit-jonah-diaz-is-all-florida-they-re-the-best-of-the-best-

Kendyl Lindaman has announced she will return to the UF softball team next year, a huge plus, while Sophia Reynoso is moving on. Reynoso just got her Bachelor's in Physiology and Kinesiology and is going to grad school for an advanced degree in athletic training, which UF doesn't offer. She will be enrolling at Cal-State Fullerton for the fall semester. Great Gator leader and she will be missed, but it opens up a huge opportunity for someone to win the job at shortstop, like incoming freshman SS Kali Reis from Bradenton or Ole Miss transfer Kinsey Goelz. Goelz's sister, Avery, is a big time hitter who plays 1B and OF and will challenege for a starting spot somewhere next season. Plus the Gators have 3 pitchers coming, lefty Haley Pittman from Montgomery, AL, Savannah Serrata, RHP from Hesperia, CA and the top pitcher in the country from an Atlanta suburb who committed a few weeks ago, but I can't remember or find her name. That means Katie Chronister is gone and more than likely either Farley or Hightower will transfer out, possibly both, with Lugo & Trlicek back for next year.

Last edited:
Just saw on Twitter than Jamie Hoover and Jade Carraway are coming back for another year with Gator softball. Also, Softball America just named Rylee Trlicek NCAA freshman pitcher of the year.
EVxGYDxX0AUXGbK

Reactions: instaGATOR
I absolutely could not pass up on posting this one.... :D

Midfielder Shaye Seyffart (Shay Say-fart) joins the Gator soccer team next fall as she transfers to Florida from Villanova. :D;):D (you know that this kid has to be TOUGH) :eek:

Becky Burleigh says:
"We are happy to have someone of Shaye's consistency, work ethic and character join the Gators. Looking forward to her becoming part of the team for the upcoming season."

https://floridagators.com/news/2020/5/5/gator-soccer-adds-transfer-shaye-seyffart.aspx

Reactions: ocalaman
Figuratively speaking, Football is still the King of the UAA.

However, a King all by himself can't stand against any real opposition for long....

Drop down to and click on the All Sports video highlights to get your Gator Fan blood pumping...
https://floridagators.com/index.aspx

MLB Draft starts tonight, with only 5 rounds instead of the usual 40 rounds. Tommy Mace is rated the #69 prospect and is projected to go in the 2nd round. Jack Leftwich is rated the #145 prospect, projected to be picked in the 3rd or 4th round. Plus there are 5 signees in the 2020 recruiting class to keep an eye on and it appears 1 of them will almost assuredly get drafted very early and sign. The other 4 are maybes. Here's the link:
https://florida.rivals.com/news/fiv...-during-the-2020-mlb-draft?yptr=yahoo?src=rss

Neither Tommy Mace nor Jack Leftwich were drafted. With only 160 picks in 5 rounds, both were expected to be selected, but the draft is over and neither were picked. Will be interesting to see what these guys do. OF Zac Vreen was selected as the #9 pick in the draft by the Rockies and will most assuredly go pro. 3B signee Coby Mayo was selected early in the 4th round and he has a choice to make about whether to come to UF or sign with the Orioles

#1 2019 Ranked Gator Baseball team lost how many to the MLB Draft?
That would happily be a big fat ZERO!!! :D

Kendall Rogers, Co-Managing Editor of D1 Baseball who posted on Twitter what he thinks of the Gators in 2021.
“With the #MLBDraft over, @GatorsBB will officially welcome back No. 1 and No. 2 starting pitchers Tommy Mace and Jack Leftwich to go with Hunter Barco and a ridiculous stable of arms. #Gators should be the easy No. 1 pick going into 2021."

The loaded Gator squad will also add a very highly rated signing class, but one that will likely be without two of the top prospects in that class. Outfielder Zac Veen was drafted 1/9 overall by the Colorado Rockies. Third baseman Coby Mayo was selected in the 4th round by the Baltimore Orioles.

If your family isn't starving, and your Momma doesn't need some life saving operation, why would any kid opt for a freakin' J-O-B straight out of HS, instead of the 'target rich' ;) environment of a place like the University of Florida??? -- And very likely be playing for the CWS Championship.... :eek:

Plan A = Eventually Major League Baseball
Plan B - A rock solid degree from a Top 10 Academics University (UF)

Something about never putting 'All of Your Eggs' in one basket.... o_O

Late on Thursday, Florida Gators signee, shortstop Colby Halter announced he would be continuing his career in baseball: Not in the MLB, but with the Gators. A Jacksonville (Fla.) native, Halter played for four years at Bishop Kenny High School, and made his way onto the USA Baseball national team last fall as a junior. Starting nine games at third base for the U-18 Baseball World Cup team, Halter posted a batting average of .419, ranking third on the team. He tallied 12 hits, eight runs, and two RBIs.

While the Gators lost out on one of their top players in the class of 2020, outfielder Zac Veen who was taken with the ninth-overall selection on Wednesday by Colorado Rockies, the team should feel comfortable by adding a player with as high of a floor as Halter.

"I love the Gators and I've wanted to go there my whole life. It's an absolutely awesome opportunity," Halter told Andrew Gibson, one of 1010XL's show producers and hosts. "I feel like I'd love Florida. I'd love to go compete for a College World Series."

The baseball team will be loaded next year. It's just sickening to me that the NCAA only allows 11.7 scholarships to be spread among a maximum of 27 players. Even though Langworthy & McMullen won't count against that limit as returning seniors under the Covid-19 rules, it still sucks how little financial help is provided D1 baseball players.

The baseball team will be loaded next year. It's just sickening to me that the NCAA only allows 11.7 scholarships to be spread among a maximum of 27 players. Even though Langworthy & McMullen won't count against that limit as returning seniors under the Covid-19 rules, it still sucks how little financial help is provided D1 baseball players.

I think Title IX has something to do with that.

The Covid reality is that the current model for collegiate sports is vulnerable. While I think women's athletics will always need some protection, The law needs to be adjusted to allow colleges more flexibility.

According to a report from GatorCountry's Nick de la Torre, Florida Gators catcher/infielder Sr Brady Smith .270 will be leaving the Gators to join the major leagues after signing a free-agent contract with the Texas Rangers.

Replacing Smith will likely be Soph Nathan Hickey .311.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...er-brady-smith-signs-free-agent-texas-rangers
I just posted the same info right above you, just from 247Sprts.com. Great minds and all that. :)

ADVERTISEMENT