ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lebron James son, Bronny James Suffers Cardiac Arrest

not a bad question, but look at the links i posted. Studies show the risk is much greater from covid then it is from the vaccine. therefore the benefits of the vaccine, is better then getting covid without the vaccine.
Thanks, internet doc, but I can do a Google search too. I asked for the opinion of a real doc in a related specialty.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Folks got to run with those anti-vax conspiracy theories.....
Please do some damn research and look at all of the Vaccine injuries and law suits of Pharma Companies just in the last 30 or 40 years. Questioning their processes and more importantly, their ethics, is not a foolish endeavor. In fact, I would say you'd be foolish not to.

not a bad question, but look at the links i posted. Studies show the risk is much greater from covid then it is from the vaccine. therefore the benefits of the vaccine, is better then getting covid without the vaccine.
You do realize that the internet has been scrubbed of any contrary information that is not fitting of the narrative. There are numerous doctors that have published reports showing the opposite of what your links purport. Censorship is a real thing and it's happening all around us.

You do realize that the internet has been scrubbed of any contrary information that is not fitting of the narrative. There are numerous doctors that have published reports showing the opposite of what your links purport. Censorship is a real thing and it's happening all around us.
Do you have proof of this?

Folks got to run with those anti-vax conspiracy theories.....
I think we know each other well enough for you to not take this joke personally, with that said, this coming from the lawyer who I’m sure has come up with many a conspiracy theory defending a client in court from the big bad law enforcement officers lol

Reactions: bigg8tr

I read every article you posted (except the one from kansascity.com, I could not open it). Not one article mentioned if the athlete previously had covid or the covid vaccine. So what exactly are we supposed to "wake up" to?
We need to wake up to people who spread misinformation as you attempted to do.
To the best of my knowledge and research the most common cause of cardiac arrest in young athletes is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (thickened heart muscle in left ventricle) and the cause is probably genetic with other factors involved. But Bronny James did not have that, he had an echocardiogram...the test to rule out HCM about two months ago and it was reportedly normal. He did have a covid vaccine in 2021 I think, but most heart issues from the vaccine (myocarditis) happen shortly after the vaccine is given and as I posted earlier are extremely rare (1200+ cases in 300 million vaccines). My best guess is he had a cardiac arrythmia from the electrical conduction system of the heart misfiring causing cardiac arrest.
According to Mayo Clinic:

Sports-related deaths are mainly caused by coronary artery disease in adults and cardiomyopathy or arrhythmia in youths according to a 2018 review.

Other heart conditions, like myocarditis, can contribute to sudden cardiac death, but these conditions do not occur suddenly. Generally, a person with myocarditis would likely feel sick and not participate in the sport.

There is an occasion where bad outcomes like sudden cardiac arrest occur in an athlete. Sudden cardiac arrest is the leading cause of death in young athletes. Estimates vary, but some reports suggest that about 1 in 50,000 to 1 in 80,000 young athletes die of sudden cardiac death each year. For comparison, the incidence of sudden cardiac arrest in the general population is about 1 in 1,000 people yearly.

Sudden cardiac death is often caused by faulty electrical signaling in the heart. A very fast heartbeat causes the lower heart chambers (ventricles) to quiver uselessly instead of pumping blood. This irregular heart rhythm is called ventricular fibrillation. Any condition that strains the heart or damages heart tissue can increase the risk of sudden death.

Reactions: 8yrGator
Curious, when you say research, do you mean searching the internets without any medical training?
Well of course. You see, some of us are smart enough to research for information, read gobs of varying opinions, and make our own determinations. I highly recommend it.

If you think questioning the cause of these issues is somehow political than that is on you.
Agreed. There's a reason that the Big Pharma Companies, which OWN the Media, have made this a political thing. If people ask too many questions, they'll eventually learn the truth and what greedy Pieces of Chit those Companies really are. It's the huge elephant in the room. When you have people and companies of questionable character with billions, and perhaps trillions of dollars, this is what you get.

Many don't realize, there are 3 different placebo/varient types of the vaccine giving out that they are tracking (for research purposes of course)....anybody thinking a "warp speed" manufacture vaccine doesn't have its flaws is gravely mistaken. numbers will increase over time, just like accellerated cancers we are now seeing and so on. but Im not an MD who gets kick backs for selling a drug.

Last edited:
I’m board certified in psychiatry, addiction medicine and hospice and palliative care.
You don't have time to research Covid when it can affect all of your "specialties"?
Long haul Covid patients can have significant psychiatric problems (brain fog, anxiety, depression, psychosis)
The isolation, stress and anxiety during the Covid outbreak increased rates of addiction.
Hospice and palliative care patients would be at the highest risk of morbidity and mortality from Covid.
But you have plenty of time to post on a Gator website?

You don't have time to research Covid when it can affect all of your "specialties"?
Long haul Covid patients can have significant psychiatric problems (brain fog, anxiety, depression, psychosis)
The isolation, stress and anxiety during the Covid outbreak increased rates of addiction.
Hospice and palliative care patients would be at the highest risk of morbidity and mortality from Covid.
But you have plenty of time to post on a Gator website?
Thanks for making me aware of that. After I published a case series on the psychiatric sequelae of Covid, I’d forgotten all about it! And gosh, now that you mention it, it does seem like hospice patients may be more vulnerable to Covid than others, never put that together! Did I ask for research on Covid in general? No, I asked specifically about its relationship to sudden cardiac death from someone who would know better than me. We’re operating at very different levels here, and I’m wise enough to know what I don’t know.

Reactions: FresnoGator
Hank Gathers DID NOT have an electrolyte issue. I'll just leave it at that. He was diagnosed from a previous issue, given meds, but meds made him tired & sluggish and decided against taking them. This is a fact....I'll just leave it at that

my take, for what it's worth....I am amazed that anyone on either side of the argument can pretend to know what the actual truth is. So I think making any definitive statement is silly.

It's a personal choice and no one should be shamed for making that decision for themselves. I got the vaccine, but if I knew then what I know now....and I am not saying you shouldn't get it, just that I can't say the benefits outweigh the risks, in my opinion.

Hank Gathers DID NOT have an electrolyte issue. I'll just leave it at that. He was diagnosed from a previous issue, given meds, but meds made him tired & sluggish and decided against taking them. This is a fact....I'll just leave it at that
Are you sure about that? I did lots of reading up on Hank at the time and years afterwards and I never once saw that he was under any treatment for a medical condition or prescribed medications. Lot of people have electrolyte deficeancies and some dangerously so, particularly if you're an athlete.

Prayers up for him and their family. @gator1776 Can you preemptively post about the increase in cardiac arrests and its relationship to Covid and/or the vaccine?
Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

my take, for what it's worth....I am amazed that anyone on either side of the argument can pretend to know what the actual truth is. So I think making any definitive statement is silly.
I can appreciate that. My general rule of thumb is to look at behaviors. You know, as Jason always says, look at what they do and not what they say. When Pharma Companies, Media and governments are trying to shut down any communication regarding the subject and are all in cahoots on one narrative, something is usually up and it's usually not good for regular folks like us. That gets my spidy senses tingling and I get suspicious.

Are you sure about that? I did lots of reading up on Hank at the time and years afterwards and I never once saw that he was under any treatment for a medical condition or prescribed medications. Lot of people have electrolyte deficeancies and some dangerously so, particularly if you're an athlete.
Cool.....that part is well documented. Watch the 30 for 30 on his story........they specifically go into a very bad performance he had (I think it was in Philly, where he was from) that made him decide to quit taking the medication.

Cool.....that part is well documented. Watch the 30 for 30 on his story........they specifically go into a very bad performance he had (I think it was in Philly, where he was from) that made him decide to quit taking the medication.
Additionally.......just to recap.....Hank had an incident where he passed out on court and recovered before the later fatal incident. He was held out and tested for some time period after that first problem - it wasn't a lot different than KJ when he just fell to the floor. That's when they discovered the issue and prescribed the medication.

This is the POV you have to have if you just want to believe whatever it is you want to believe without any proof. You discredit news in general.........so whatever proves you wrong is just big brother censoring us. That way we can still pretend things like the government faking the moon landing.....despite it failing common sense badly on many, many levels.

I think we know each other well enough for you to not take this joke personally, with that said, this coming from the lawyer who I’m sure has come up with many a conspiracy theory defending a client in court from the big bad law enforcement officers lol
🤣🤣🤣🤣

But those weren't conspiracies, merely suggestions...😉

Positive......I'm pretty Paul Westhead would know

This is the POV you have to have if you just want to believe whatever it is you want to believe without any proof. You discredit news in general.........so whatever proves you wrong is just big brother censoring us. That way we can still pretend things like the government faking the moon landing.....despite it failing common sense badly on many, many levels.
This isn’t productive. Moon landing isn’t the equivalent of skepticism about a vaccine that has been around for 2 years….

Really.....you don't see how this is political? You been living under a rock?
I have listened to people on both political sides discuss the vaccine issue. Bill Mahr, RFK, Joe Rogan (and the many scientists he’s had on). It seems like there is only one side of the political spectrum that’s living under a rock. All those people I have named are obviously attacked by their own party for trying to bring logic and reason into the equation. Try just being a free thinker and look at everything objectively.

This isn’t productive. Moon landing isn’t the equivalent of skepticism about a vaccine that has been around for 2 years….
I don't know man....PRES Nixon, used a land line to call the astronauts back in the 60's makes a ton of sense?

I have listened to people on both political sides discuss the vaccine issue. Bill Mahr, RFK, Joe Rogan (and the many scientists he’s had on). It seems like there is only one side of the political spectrum that’s living under a rock. All those people I have named are obviously attacked by their own party for trying to bring logic and reason into the equation. Try just being a free thinker and look at everything objectively.

You said RFK..... the guy who said the virus was genetically engineered not to be as effective against Chinese and Jewish folks...

That's "free thinking" to you....

Reactions: 8yrGator and Tarjf
Prayers up for him and their family. @gator1776 Can you preemptively post about the increase in cardiac arrests and its relationship to Covid and/or the vaccine?
This is really inappropriate, probably why I have you on Ignore.
Since you bring it up, Covid infection itself increases your risk of cardiac events far higher than the vaccine does.
The vaccine, at this time, is not a proven significant risk factor for sudden cardiac arrest despite what Dr. Google tells you.
The primary risk factor for sudden cardiac arrest in athletes is congenital heart anomalies and congenital heart arrhythmias, not vaccines.

It is extremely inappropriate, irresponsible, and improper to bring dangerous innuendos and baseless accusations into this story, or this thread for political reasons.

That’s all I have to say about this, thoughts and wishes and prayers to the young man.

Last edited:
Two comedians & a major conspiracy theorist.....sounds legit & great place for info 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is really inappropriate, probably why I have you on Ignore.
Since you bring it up, Covid infection itself increases your risk of cardiac events far higher than the vaccine does.
The vaccine, at this time, is not a proven significant risk factor for sudden cardiac arrest despite with Dr. Google tells you.
The primary risk factor for sudden cardiac arrest in athletes is congenital heart anomalies and congenital heart arrhythmias, not vaccines.

It is extremely inappropriate, irresponsible, and improper to bring dangerous innuendos and baseless accusations into this story, or this thread for political reasons.

That’s all I have to say about this, thoughts and wishes and prayers to the young man.
Thank you sir.....hopefully they can lock this thread now

Again, look at the actions of those in authority or who have control. When they try and shut down honest discussion and debate, it's because they're pushing an agenda. It's not that hard to figure out. I'm a Ronald Reagan kind of guy....Trust but verify and in this day and age, you better verify the hell out of everything. Oh sure, it's easier to just believe the narrative but that typically doesn't end well in the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT