ADVERTISEMENT

OT: DeSantis wants $1 million of state money to sue NCAA on behalf of FSU,

Not a Gillum fan. Had hopes for Desantis as a supposed backer of clean water.

Didn't think he would focus only on identity politics and waste state funds for constant campaigning. He never cared about being governor at any point in his tenure. He only cared about being president at the expense of average Floridians everywhere.

I'm off my soapbox...yall have fun with the rest of this thread.

Not a Gillum fan. Had hopes for Desantis as a supposed backer of clean water.

Didn't think he would focus only on identity politics and waste state funds for constant campaigning. He never cared about being governor at any point in his tenure. He only cared about being president at the expense of average Floridians everywhere.

I'm off my soapbox...yall have fun with the rest of this thread.
Yeah he’s done a ton for Florida during tenure. It’s why he got re-elected by a landslide despite republicans struggling in that election.

Reactions: urbangator07
Ron is pandering to butt hurt FSU fans. He knows that he will never have to spend the $1 M.

Reactions: gatordad3
Ask and you shall receive:

Not a permanent solution but will help ease burden a little bit. More insurance companies are returning back to the state in quarter 1 of 2024 which should lend itself to more competitive rates hopefully.
my brother works in coroporate at Allstate and he called bullshit on this. This is no help at all, just like Trumps 2 year cut in taxes to then raise taxes every 2 years on the middle class..Desantis is an idiot

Reactions: ApkGator21
my brother works in coroporate at Allstate and he called bullshit on this. This is no help at all, just like Trumps 2 year cut in taxes to then raise taxes every 2 years on the middle class..Desantis is an idiot
I deal with insurance companies every day. Theres no magic immediate solution to decreasing insurance rates by a significantly meaningful level. Anyone who says there is, is lying.

Desantis is the furthest thing from an idiot, but I get you dont like him politically.

WTF is the desired result? Even if he won this hypothetical lawsuit, the playoff will be over and FSU wouldn’t have been in it.
Damages. It cost FSU money to be left out of the NC game. They may even go in representing the entire ACC and not just FSU.

But based on how I'm reading this, the monetary difference between a NY6 bowl and the CFB semi is pretty close to the $1MM he wants to spend. However, I am assuming there are going to be arguments surrounding the value of a top 4 finish or a NC to the overall Brand, school, community and future recruiting efforts.

A good lawyer could ask for a decent sum I'd imagine.

And someone mentioned criteria...I don't know any criteria that justifies an undefeated conf champ being left out in favor of two one-loss teams, other than the eyeball (your QB is hurt) criteria.

NOT surprised you are a Gillum guy
lol- huh?

I’m a Trump guy. I was saying that Ron, if trying to pull a political stunt, is playing it wrong. Because, the panhandle is red and he is annoying the rest of FL. By fan base alone, placating to FSU is counteracted by the fan base at FL.

Of course, my comment wasn’t a serious one.

How you got I was a Gillum guy out of my OP is beyond me.

Anywho, Go Gators. Glad FSU got got.

Trump wins the panhandle BIG TIME....this from someone that has lived here over 60 years.
That’s literally what I said. The panhandle is already red so supporting FSU does nothing, if politically motivated.

I like RD, but he’s flailing badly in the run for Pres. Would rather have him as a Gov anyway.

Reactions: gatordad3
lol- huh?

I’m a Trump guy. I was saying that Ron, if trying to pull a political stunt, is playing it wrong. Because, the panhandle is red and he is annoying the rest of FL. By fan base alone, placating to FSU is counteracted by the fan base at FL.

Of course, my comment wasn’t a serious one.

How you got I was a Gillum guy out of my OP is beyond me.

Anywho, Go Gators. Glad FSU got got.
Did not quote you...quoted Bill

That’s literally what I said. The panhandle is already red so supporting FSU does nothing, if politically motivated.

I like RD, but he’s flailing badly in the run for Pres. Would rather have him as a Gov anyway.
I like RD also as Governor...however he is funded Nationally by the establishment like Rove, Ryan, etc.

Edit: I LOVE him as governor

And someone mentioned criteria...I don't know any criteria that justifies an undefeated conf champ being left out in favor of two one-loss teams, other than the eyeball (your QB is hurt) criteria.
It doesn't say anything about undefeated vs 1-loss.

The selection committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:
◦ Conference championships won,
◦ Strength of schedule,
◦ Head‐to‐head competition,
◦ Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory),
◦ Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT