ADVERTISEMENT

One of the most blatantly obvious officiating screw jobs I've seen

5b7e0fdd39178dc8d4148618607fc96fb8908a1ea62c04119630f50f349c4ce1.jpg

In all seriousness, I am not sure how anyone that watched that game couldn't see that the Gators settled for too many jump shots and they just didn't hit enough. UK drove the ball and went inside. 30 3 attempts? Really? You're not going to the foul line chucking it from the cheap seats.
But yet ky only had 2 more made baskets in the paint

it's hilarious how this is said for only one game every year my entire life for Florida since iv'e been alive... And posts like this are exactly why no one will ever do anything about it, but this is why kansas and UK get bounced in the tournament when they don't have this built in advantage. Kentucky is just an average team period...

not a single FT was attempted in the 2nd half for Florida. Kentucky started the 2nd half with 7 FT trips out of 9 possessions

27-6 ft disparity, this is why i never watch any games there and never will again. I always get reminded why to the end of eternity. Basketball is a fraud sport
100-38

Refs were terrible, and it's funny how every ones says we settled for threes because we shot more of them then U.K. But we shot more 2's then them too... but none of that matters if you let a guy like Monk take over a game like that, 30 points in the second half and with him hitting shots like that it opened up other players.. the difference between a final four U.K. Team and a second round exit U.K. Team is monk, and we saw that in the two Florida games first game he was awful and the lost buy 22 and we all know what he did this game.. Florida is by far a better overall team to me.

So if UK got all the shots, how come UK had more players in foul trouble?
You must not know how to read box scores... let me help...
U.K. Players- Brisco 4 fouls, Hawkins 3 fouls, Bam and Monk 2 each..

Uf players-Hayes, chiozza, hill, Allen 4 fouls each, Leon and Robinson 3 fouls each.

So if you care to explain, how did U.K. Have more players in foul trouble?

Reactions: instaGATOR
We made 10 of those 30 3's, so you can't be too mad. Not a great percentage, but still a lot of points. Those contested 17 footers hurt though. DRob kills me with those shots.

Outside of the large disparity of fouls/fts by the teams, I felt in the last 8 minutes was what really did us in. We had nothing on offense. They started switching on those pick and rolls and we had no answers. I know the foul situation caused some timidness, but Id rather go down swinging.

kensucky drives into the paint shoulder down, runs over the Gator makes his shot and he gets a FT.

Gator drives into the paint, head and shoulder up and makes the shot, but it's called a charge and a turnover to kensucky.

Eventually, the Gator does the only things left to him, 3's and 17 foot jump shots.

The Gators didn't get beat by the kensucky players, they got HOSED by the chitty SEC officials. Those were were fewest fouls called against a UF opponent all season! o_O

Reactions: 954gator
The officiating was horrible. They completely took away our ability to drive the lane AND play defense. Even without Egbunu we are the better team IMO. Then again it was no surprise, we ALWAYS get hosed @UK.

Reactions: instaGATOR
No. That means you have lost to UK 62 times. I guess all the losses were due to the refs.

You realize that this post indicates that you don't know how win/loss records work, or math for that matter. Do you have a UK degree in statistics?

There were bad calls both ways. Uf stood outside all game where kentucky drove the ball to the rim. Hard to get free throws when all u do is jack it up. I always love listening to non basketball fans talk about basketball. The biggest "im dont know what im talking about" comes when people say "free throws werent even". So what. They SHOULDNT be even. One team is going to be more aggressive and one team is going to be not as athletic but still try to play step for step which creates more fouls.

There were bad calls both ways. Uf stood outside all game where kentucky dris ve the ball to the rim. Hard to get free throws when all u do is jack it up. I always love listening to non basketball fans talk about basketball. The biggest "im dont know what im talking about" comes when people say "free throws werent even". So what. They SHOULDNT be even. One team is going to be more aggressive and one team is going to be not as athletic but still try to play step for step which creates more fouls.
I guess the 22 point beatdown was an accident. What happens when your guards all have early foul trouble? All this stuff is just opinion, 27-6 free throws is a fact.

I guess the 22 point beatdown was an accident. What happens when your guards all have early foul trouble? All this stuff is just opinion, 27-6 free throws is a fact.

Its a fact becuz u fouled that many times. I jus watched the game and there were 1 or 2 that maybe could have went the other way. It wasnt a blatant screw job, kentucky was aggressive and u fouled them a lot. Not sayingevery call was great but it wasnt better or worse than most bball games i watch

I
Its a fact becuz u fouled that many times. I jus watched the game and there were 1 or 2 that maybe could have went the other way. It wasnt a blatant screw job, kentucky was aggressive and u fouled them a lot. Not sayingevery call was great but it wasnt better or worse than most bball games i watch
Must have watched a different game. We went to the line 6 times. None in the second half. 3 of those ft's were in the first 5 min of the game. 35 min of bball and 3 trips to the line. Cats sure did improve the 14 days in between games.

I

Must have watched a different game. We went to the line 6 times. None in the second half. 3 of those ft's were in the first 5 min of the game. 35 min of bball and 3 trips to the line. Cats sure did improve the 14 days in between games.

CG, he was just wearing his usual G&G glasses to watch the game.
You know, the same glasses that he wore when he was just absolutely sure that
'The SWINDLE in the SWAMP' game was fairly called by the All Corrupt Conference officials, and not the WORST officiated game in the history of sports. :cool:

That game was the worst ever, what a joke... we are always involved in bag man games, they took at least two TD's off the board for us but gave them one on a C4 fumble for a TD though when all of ours recovered for TD's off the kickoff and fumble picked up by Gus Scott was waved off for another TD. 21 point swing just right there, i know there was more, and Keiwan ended up housing another one late in the game from like a backwards pass

Justin Leon said we lost our defensive intensity due to foul trouble.
One problem I had was that our guards were being called for fouls the UK guards were allowed to commit. I agree though that we are not driving to the basket nearly enough in the second half.

Reactions: rdgtr
One problem I had was that our guards were being called for fouls the UK guards were allowed to commit. I agree though that we are not driving to the basket nearly enough in the second half.

With both Hill and Cheezy having 4 fouls each, you wanted them to continue to drive to yet another BS charging foul from those officials? I suppose you also wanted them to continue to play close defense at the other end of the floor, so that the officials could four them out of the game for breathing too heavy on the the kensucky players.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 46885
It wasn't just them two settling for jump shots

List the Gator players foul count at the end of the game for some insight.
And that kind of 'official' BS alters how the entire team plays the game.

I know that they won't ever do it, but when that kind of chit happens and you know what the outcome of the game is going to be, I'd like to see the Gators run down the floor on defense and then just stand around and let kensucky score in whatever way that they want to without even trying for a rebound. And then take the ball back down the floor and immediately take a long 3 point shot without even trying for any offensive rebounds on a missed shot. Show them that you KNOW that the fix-is-in and you're not going to go along with it. The PROTEST would be worth it because you already know that you are not being allowed to play and compete for the win. And I'd have the coaches on the side chatting about dinner while paying no attention at all to anything on the floor.

Do that just once and things would change, otherwise they never will.

List the Gator players foul count at the end of the game for some insight.
And that kind of 'official' BS alters how the entire team plays the game.

I know that they won't ever do it, but when that kind of chit happens and you know what the outcome of the game is going to be, I'd like to see the Gators run down the floor on defense and then just stand around and let kensucky score in whatever way that they want to without even trying for a rebound. And then take the ball back down the floor and immediately take a long 3 point shot without even trying for any offensive rebounds on a missed shot. Show them that you KNOW that the fix-is-in and you're not going to go along with it. The PROTEST would be worth it because you already know that you are not being allowed to play and compete for the win. And I'd have the coaches on the side chatting about dinner while paying no attention at all to anything on the floor.

Do that just once and things would change, otherwise they never will.

It's the beauty of the process of how they get it done with the whistles to make the other team basically look like they are beating themselves, like shooting a bunch of long jumpers with foul trouble while the home team is TEFLON from being whistled for ANYTHING... it's pure bullshit and the easiest sport to rig and it's not even close. That uk team ain't worth a damn and won't do anything when it matters, we are better than them. Like I said after the game, just IMAGINE what we would do to them or any opponent with a 21 point advantage from the line and how it would change the flow of the game for the other teams defensive effort as well... UK is a joke to me this year and i know they won't do shit.... ALL that and they were still losing with like 7 minutes left and only won by 10 with all the fouls and us missing literally everything and lay ups at the end too down the stretch...

Devin Robinson 3-13
Justin Leon 5-11, 2-7 from 3 point land
Caynon Barry 1-5, 1-4 from 3 point land

All three are capable of driving to the basket. For whatever reason, none of them even tried in the second half.

That said, the UK guards got away with a lot of hand checks and other kinds of contact that were called on Florida players.

CG, he was just wearing his usual G&G glasses to watch the game.
You know, the same glasses that he wore when he was just absolutely sure that
'The SWINDLE in the SWAMP' game was fairly called by the All Corrupt Conference officials, and not the WORST officiated game in the history of sports. :cool:

Uvwatched it with gator glasses on. I really dont care about college basketball. Dont hate the gators dont love fsu. Its irrelevant to me. U might as well ask me what my favorite blade of grass is. I do however watch it from time to time(watch nba all the time). Played bball a lot.

While I'm betting that most here don't G-a-S what you watch or what you do, but that doesn't keep you from constantly telling us all about it.... :rolleyes:

I don't watch the NFL or the NBA. I'll occasionally watch some small part of a game if there's a Gator that I like playing in it, but even that's rare. They are both the ball versions of professional wrasslin imo. :cool:

of course vandy is up ten just like us with kentucky shittin the bed from the floor and turning it over every other possession but somehow not getting blown out because there isn't a SINGLE foul on them yet down double digits...

ITS BECAUSE VANDY SHOOTING SO MANY HALFCOURT SHOTS DOE

Can't wait to watch the refs pull off two ref miracles in a row against teams better than them playing against back ups in the 2nd half getting everyone hitting too many shots in foul trouble...

lmao ever since that tech there's been 3 fouls in the very next possession on vandy and about 7 in 3 minutes and kentucky getting away with murder on defense... kentucky just sucks in reality, if we got catered to like this we would THROTTLE teams to sleep. They get everything and need it ALL to even compete in games at home

Time to move on to the Arkansas game. Florida needs to finish the regular season on a high note before heading into the post-season.

After playing so well this season, it's a disappointment that Florida may not at least get a share of the SEC title.

However, there are still a lot of goals for this Florida team to pursue:
- secure a top4 ncaa tourney seed
- chance for the SEC Tourney title
- have a run in the ncaa tournament.

Last edited:
While I'm betting that most here don't G-a-S what you watch or what you do, but that doesn't keep you from constantly telling us all about it.... :rolleyes:

I don't watch the NFL or the NBA. I'll occasionally watch some small part of a game if there's a Gator that I like playing in it, but even that's rare. They are both the ball versions of professional wrasslin imo. :cool:

U 100% care.

Time to move on to the Arkansas game. Florida needs to finish the regular season on a high note before heading into the post-season.

After playing so well this season, it's a disappointment that Florida may not at least get a share of the SEC title.

However, there are still a lot of goals for this Florida team to pursue:
- secure a top4 ncaa tourney seed
- chance for the SEC Tourney title
- have a run in the ncaa tournament.

winning the SEC regular season never mattered in reality and it wasn't gonna change anything for the SEC Tournament or post season, we only didn't win it because of having to play at that bullshit gym late in the schedule and losing to Vandy.. UK will get cooked by us next week if they don't get down by 20 first to some other scrub team and cant' ft back...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT