ADVERTISEMENT

Official Visit Thread - January 30th, 2022 - 10:00AM

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Official Visit Thread – January 28

These are just a couple of things I wanted to go over briefly. The time period for official visitors to arrive is from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM today. I have heard from Caden Story, KD Hutchinson, Jack Pyburn, and Matthew McCoy they are all in town and getting checked in.

Those who have checked in the room are already impressed with the layout of things left for them in the room.

5:45 PM they head out to Dave & Busters again – they will stay at D&B for a little over an hour and head to dinner at Spurrier's place. That is about a two-hour deal, give or take, and then it is out with the hosts, and parents head back to the hotel for time with the coaching staff.

I think opting not to sign Jalen Farmer will cost UF big-time, and I am afraid he will sign with Alabama. I hope I am wrong on that deal, but we will see how the weekend goes for him.

I "think" they will get the Matthew McCoy deal done this weekend, especially given that they could be in trouble with Farmer.

January 29th, 2022 - UPDATE - 9:20AM

I heard from a few of the recruits so far - some last night, some right now. It was a late night for most of the parents by the way hanging out with the coaches -- this appears to be when some of the secondary staff has shined, particularly the ladies. These recruits are from all over and do not really know each other they spent a long portion of the night just trying to get to know one another. Everyone I have heard from is having a great time so far - I know, they always say it's going great during the OV but better than hearing the alternative. They just rolled up for breakfast at the Hawkins Center --Tour starts at 10:45AM which includes the weight room, training room, and nutrition. 12:30PM back at it for a quick lunch at the IPF. Then off to the new facility tour which brings the families to the free time portion of the day starting at 2PM and running until 4PM when they depart from the hotel to head over to the basketball game vs OKST. They will only be at the game for an hour hopefully that will be the best part of the game lol. 5:15-7:45PM GatorMade Presentation/Photo Shoot/Locker Rooms/Highlight Video. Dinner gets going around 7:45PM and off for free time starting at 9PM and this is when the parents have social time with the coaches.....JaMarkis Weston & Derek Wingo were two of the player hosts last night/tonight ---- I was told Danny Lewis got stuck in Atlanta and is currently on the way to UF...12:45PM just got a message saying Lewis arrived….

SUNDAY NIGHT 12:40AM January 30th, 2022 12:40AM

Just wanted to let you know that I think the guys are doing a GREAT job this weekend and I mean the actual players are killing it this week. Fraziars, Wingo, Odom, and Weston to name a few guys. Some of these decisions will come down to Billy and what direction he decides to move in - so we wait and find out soon enough. On a side note one thing I can tell you is when it is adult time with the families/coaches they take full advantage. 😎 ;) They know how to throw a party and have a good time.....and they do a great job of making sure everyone is having a great time not just a mom or dad or sister but all of them....Sunday will be a big day - it will be the day when Billy sits down with each kid/family and talks about expectations moving forward.

SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE January 30th, 2022 10:00AM
I am so so so glad this is the last OV Update for the 2022 class. I am SOOOOOOOOO ready to close the book on this cycle you have no idea. Breakfast starts at 10AM - then they will break off and meet with position coaches and then coordinators. After they get those two meetings out of the way they will head across the street and view the Standard then they close out with one on one meeting with Billy and off to the car to head home. This are not all the same times though so they will not be standing around waiting to meet with Billy........

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News