ADVERTISEMENT

official say something nice about Willie

The oline recruiting is a major problem for Taggart at FSU right now. You are right about that.

Yeah, bad. It looks like we are going to load up on several juco and low3* guys. BTW, I said rb and actually typed LB. Autocorrect got me there. Anyways, plenty of talent that did not develop/perform well this past season, plus holes that got worse that need filling with quantity and quality. Who knows what happens at FSU over the next couple of years? WT's strength, by far, is recruiting so maybe that surprises everyone, in a good way.

Yeah, bad. It looks like we are going to load up on several juco and low3* guys. BTW, I said rb and actually typed LB. Autocorrect got me there. Anyways, plenty of talent that did not develop/perform well this past season, plus holes that got worse that need filling with quantity and quality. Who knows what happens at FSU over the next couple of years? WT's strength, by far, is recruiting so maybe that surprises everyone, in a good way.
Imo one thing Willie can't be blamed for is the disaster at OL. You just can't have anything effective on offense if there are defenders in the backfield 1 second after the ball is snapped.

Imo one thing Willie can't be blamed for is the disaster at OL. You just can't have anything effective on offense if there are defenders in the backfield 1 second after the ball is snapped.
Agreed. Same for Mullen. You can’t blame him for the terrible oline he was given in his first year while at UF. Somehow he managed to win 9 games and put a respectable offense on the field with Franks and that oline. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Agreed. Same for Mullen. You can’t blame him for the terrible oline he was given in his first year while at UF. Somehow he managed to win 9 games and put a respectable offense on the field with Franks and that oline. Pretty impressive.
extremely impressive.

For us, though, if you're gonna do something bad at least be the best at it. FSU O'lined worse than any other team in the country and the distance between bottom and 2nd to bottom was glaring.

129 - FSU's O-Line

Yep, some coaches can work around deficiencies. Some exacerbate them.

How were they gifted this wins? FSU outplayed all of them imo.
FALSE. Petrino absolutely gifted that game away. All he had to do was run out the clock, but nooooo...he had to get fancy. That one game cost him his job, or should have.

Back to the original topic, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this: Willie's turnover backpack is sheer brilliance. What an incredible and visible honor to bestow after a worthy football play! I can only imagine how proud those recipients must be. Bravo, Coach Taggart, bravo.

He’s got the right staff in place to get things adjusted next season. All coaching vacancies filled with strong recruiters days before early signing day.

willie is creative, no cookies for the big guy tonight, just a letter of intent with pen, they are desperate for help on the OL

1. Was already ahead, pick 6 just increased the margin
2. So what, and had 500 yards of offense
3. Incorrect, FSU had 2 time outs and would have gotten the ball back no matter what

You won 5 games and had to pull 3 of them out of your ass. You could have easily been 2-10. You were that bad.

The best thing bout 'Sweet Willie' is that he's in tallycrappy, instead of G'ville. :D:p:D

Just shored up the QB issues with a huge transfer from Louisville.

He looked pretty bad against Boston College - like he was lost. He probably knew he had no chance to be the starter next season at Louisville.

Louisville was a disfunctional trainwreck far far worse than anyone else in the country last year. I wouldn't judge that true freshman qb too harshly.
You’re right. I’m sure the transfer qb we just stole from FIU and FAU is just what Briles needs to get the offense humming.

You’re right. I’m sure the transfer qb we just stole from FIU and FAU is just what Briles needs to get the offense humming.
Oh you thought we were getting Fields huh. Welcome to reality. We are bad but this kid is a good fit for the offense.

Oh you thought we were getting Fields huh. Welcome to reality. We are bad but this kid is a good fit for the offense.

I don't think having your coach be fired will provide a hardship waiver. But, then, what do I know? The rules keep changing.

Quit making assumptions that aren’t in my words. Bottom line is this isn’t a QB that’s going to get us over the hump. Wimbush and Jalen Hurts are still out there. Either this staff went for the sure thing and have lowered the expectation bar or all possible bigger transfers are not giving us the time of day. This transfer is a “better than nothing” scenario. Any other way to sell it is lipstick on a pig.

Yikes. Great pickup by FSU. 3rd string QB from Lville with a 29% completion percentage and 80 QB rating.

You FSU fans better hope he isn’t the only QB coming into FSUs program next year.

Yikes. Great pickup by FSU. 3rd string QB from Lville with a 29% completion percentage and 80 QB rating.

You FSU fans better hope he isn’t the only QB coming into FSUs program next year.
No he’s a great fit. He’s exactly what we need to struggle getting to six games.

Hurts or Fields then sign 1 of Lance LeGendre/John Plumlee/Peyton Matocha. I think Francois takes it to the CFL and starts earning a paycheck and it wouldn't surprise me if Blackman transfers.

Hurts or Fields then sign 1 of Lance LeGendre/John Plumlee/Peyton Matocha. I think Francois takes it to the CFL and starts earning a paycheck and it wouldn't surprise me if Blackman transfers.

The problem is, they have seen your pass protection, and they want to survive college.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT