ADVERTISEMENT

official say something nice about Willie

I would also say that if you’re too stupid in this day and age to see what’s coming your way if you post a lynching threat, backed up by a no, I’m serious, against a black head coach in the South, then you made your bed.

That's definitely true.

In Willie's defense, National Championship winning coach Jimbo Fisher had nearly the same season last year -- except for the fact that FSU beat the Gators at the end and thereby eeked out a toilet bowl birth.

Whatever caused the collapse was more than just Willie Taggart. Jimbo likely saw this coming and that's why he decided to hit the road while someone was still crazy enough to offer him $75 million. If he had stayed another year, he probably would be in the hot-seat now, instead of being rich enough to buy super yacht, along with a nice helicopter to transport him to it from College Station.

Jimbo probably would have made a good weatherman.

In Willie's defense, National Championship winning coach Jimbo Fisher had nearly the same season last year -- except for the fact that FSU beat the Gators at the end and thereby eeked out a toilet bowl birth.

Whatever caused the collapse was more than just Willie Taggart. Jimbo likely saw this coming and that's why he decided to hit the road while someone was still crazy enough to offer him $75 million. If he had stayed another year, he probably would be in the hot-seat now, instead of being rich enough to buy super yacht, along with a nice helicopter to transport him to it from College Station.

Hmmm wasn’t Jimbo playing with a true freshmen QB last year? I may be wrong but FSU was much more competitive last year as well weren’t they? This year under Taggart they really weren’t competitive at all. The margin of defeat by Taggarts team as opposed to last year’s FSU team has to be staggering and makes Taggart look awful.

Honestly I don’t see the comparison. I do agree that Jimbo started to let things slide but to be as awful as FSU was this year really looks poorly on Taggart and his staff. I mean 12 games in and they can’t even line up correctly or get enough players on the field. That’s all coaching.

I don’t think Jimbo is a great head coach by any means but he certainly isn’t anywhere near as bad as Taggart.

I don't think Willie is a good coach but that O line and pass defense was atrocious on FSU this season. Not sure if having a different coach would have helped a lot.

Not sure if having a different coach would have helped a lot.
tenor.gif

Did you watch them much? That O line was horrendous and once they lost some players in the secondary it was also. I mean maybe someone else wins 2 more games but that team was really handicapped.

Did you watch them much? That O line was horrendous and once they lost some players in the secondary it was also. I mean maybe someone else wins 2 more games but that team was really handicapped.
I’m not sure if a different coach wins 2 more game but FSU has more talent than we do. For example Mullen would have done much much better with that FSU team than what Taggart did. Good coaches would have at least made FSU competitive in some of those games.

FSU had the worst football team out of the Big 3 that I have seen in a long long time.

I've never liked JF, even back when he was Saban's OC he was overrated. But he's lightyears better than Taggert.I don't think I've ever witnessed such an undisciplined, discombobulated unit as the 2018 Nulls. And I've seen the trash Muschamp and Zook put out there. All 3 coaches (Taggert, Zook, and Muschamp) all had talent on the squads but had ZERO coaching.

Zook and Muschamp look like geniuses next to Taggart. We were never that bad under Zook and Muschamp.

Say something nice about Taggart?? Taggart sucks and that is being nice.

I really liked the way they ran thru their plays in the hotel parking lot. Cutting edge coaching.

Willie is really good at getting his players to line up incorrectly.

This made me truly laugh out loud. As most of you know. I have been a poster here for a while. FSU guy for sure. The hiring of this guy was the biggest gift to you all, Clemson, and the rest of the teams on our schedule. Put FSU football directly into the land of national irrelevance for at least the next half decade. Keep adding a year to that irrelevance every season this guy still has his job.

FSU's admins took a tough situation with Jimbo and adding an accelerant when hiring a guy with a sub .500 record. Congrats and a big fat "you are welcome" to Gainesville and the rest of our rivals/schedule." Pretty soon, we will not be considered a rival the way the beatings were this year. Gardner telling Willie to bring an eleventh guy on the field because he thought it was not fair just put the exclamation point on the ineptness.

Reactions: GatorGray
Hmmm wasn’t Jimbo playing with a true freshmen QB last year? I may be wrong but FSU was much more competitive last year as well weren’t they? This year under Taggart they really weren’t competitive at all. The margin of defeat by Taggarts team as opposed to last year’s FSU team has to be staggering and makes Taggart look awful.

Honestly I don’t see the comparison. I do agree that Jimbo started to let things slide but to be as awful as FSU was this year really looks poorly on Taggart and his staff. I mean 12 games in and they can’t even line up correctly or get enough players on the field. That’s all coaching.

I don’t think Jimbo is a great head coach by any means but he certainly isn’t anywhere near as bad as Taggart.

yep, Francois was lost for the season in the opening game. James Blackman was only on campus for three/four weeks before his number was called to play the remaining games on the schedule. The losses, minus BC, were all relatively competitive. Even against teams like Clemson and Bama.

This year the team looks utterly lost. He did this with two experienced QBs instead of with one true freshman with zero experience. Absolute cluster in Tallahassee right now. The A.D. bolted town after this gem of a hire and now the President is playing damage control as if there is nothing to see here....just move along. We are at the beginning of what went on with you all since 2010. Fortunately for UF, the darkness has been lifted. I suspect UF will continue to ascend and battle with UGA on a yearly basis to represent the EAST and also be close to good enough to beat Bama in the ccg.

I’m not sure if a different coach wins 2 more game but FSU has more talent than we do. For example Mullen would have done much much better with that FSU team than what Taggart did. Good coaches would have at least made FSU competitive in some of those games.

FSU had the worst football team out of the Big 3 that I have seen in a long long time.
Mullen would have challenged the non-TD call in the Va Tech game as well as the HORRENDOUS called-back TD in the Miami game. The Miami call likely gives FSU 6 wins and a bowl berth. That ONE "COACHING" call saves the season. Dan would have been competent enough to do that, I'm certain of it.

fsunotd.jpg

Those refs did us a favor. Would you really want to see FSU go to another Toilet Bowl after getting chomped by UF by tour touchdowns, only to possibly lose to the bronze medalist of the Mountain West conference, or whoever? This is a team that had to rally to beat Samford.

I've never liked JF, even back when he was Saban's OC he was overrated. But he's lightyears better than Taggert.I don't think I've ever witnessed such an undisciplined, discombobulated unit as the 2018 Nulls. And I've seen the trash Muschamp and Zook put out there. All 3 coaches (Taggert, Zook, and Muschamp) all had talent on the squads but had ZERO coaching.
JF gets a bad wrap IMO...guy won a lot and has one of the best teams in the country but 7-8 year span. In 8 seasons, he won his conference 4 times, 6 - 10+ win overall season's and won a National title. Not to shabby and a lot of coaches can't say that over the last 20 years.

Mullen would have challenged the non-TD call in the Va Tech game as well as the HORRENDOUS called-back TD in the Miami game. The Miami call likely gives FSU 6 wins and a bowl berth. That ONE "COACHING" call saves the season. Dan would have been competent enough to do that, I'm certain of it.

fsunotd.jpg

Let's not forget that you were gifted three wins by Samford, BC, and especially Louisville.

What kind of season would it be that getting every conceivable break gets you to 6-6? Not a good one.

Let's not forget that you were gifted three wins by Samford, BC, and especially Louisville.

What kind of season would it be that getting every conceivable break gets you to 6-6? Not a good one.
How were they gifted this wins? FSU outplayed all of them imo.

Samford and Lville both had more total yards than FSU. It doesn’t really matter to be honest. You have an awful coach and finished the season 5-7.

You have an awful coach and finished the season 5-7.
This right here...hardliner your post is laughable...you guys barley got through those games. No way Willie makes is past next season, I hope he stays for 3 years because he's going to wreck your program. All this talk about players being selfish, not having a good QB, injuries...you guys have a coach that's way in over his head. PERIOD

Samford and Lville both had more total yards than FSU. It doesn’t really matter to be honest. You have an awful coach and finished the season 5-7.
I get the feeling that you guys are salty that our worst team most of us have ever seen only went 5-7. Just take satisfaction knowing that we were miserable as fans this past year, literal zero enjoyment.

I get the feeling that you guys are salty that our worst team most of us have ever seen only went 5-7. Just take satisfaction knowing that we were miserable as fans this past year, literal zero enjoyment.

Aw come on now, your guys did beat: o_O

Samford - 6-5
NIU - 8-5
UL - 2-10
WF - 6-6
And they even beat #20 BC, knocking them right back out of the Top 25! :eek:
You had to enjoy that BC game at least a little bit. It showed that ole Willie is turning the corner didn't it??? :D

Reactions: 96-06-08GATOR
Aw come on now, your guys did beat: o_O

Samford - 6-5
NIU - 8-5
UL - 2-10
WF - 6-6
And they even beat #20 BC, knocking them right back out of the Top 25! :eek:
You had to enjoy that BC game at least a little bit. It showed that ole Willie is turning the corner didn't it??? :D
Laughable! Please Willy go 6-6 next year. Guarantees another 2 years after the Panda Express Bowl in San Francisco somewhere..

You outplayed the team you needed a pick 6 to beat, the team you needed a late bomb to beat, and, my favorite, the team that only had to take a knee to beat you.

This right here...hardliner your post is laughable...you guys barley got through those games. No way Willie makes is past next season, I hope he stays for 3 years because he's going to wreck your program. All this talk about players being selfish, not having a good QB, injuries...you guys have a coach that's way in over his head. PERIOD

Willie is setting up to be one of those coaches that gets canned and someone else comes in and wins a title with the players he recruited but could only win 7 games with.

Which is why I hope to see just enough improvement each year to keep his job until he tops out at, oh, 8/9 wins a year, winning maybe 2 a decade against UF, just barely enough to keep the job and no more.

Willie is setting up to be one of those coaches that gets canned and someone else comes in and wins a title with the players he recruited but could only win 7 games with.

Which is why I hope to see just enough improvement each year to keep his job until he tops out at, oh, 8/9 wins a year, winning maybe 2 a decade against UF, just barely enough to keep the job and no more.

I don't know. Recruiting is struggling right now. One OL commit for the class. Scrambling for second and third tier OL, RB recruits. Barely hanging on to our lone QB commit. WT has plenty of work to do with recruiting and that is supposed to be his strength. This is really a sad state right now

You outplayed the team you needed a pick 6 to beat, the team you needed a late bomb to beat, and, my favorite, the team that only had to take a knee to beat you.
1. Was already ahead, pick 6 just increased the margin
2. So what, and had 500 yards of offense
3. Incorrect, FSU had 2 time outs and would have gotten the ball back no matter what

I don't know. Recruiting is struggling right now. One OL commit for the class. Scrambling for second and third tier OL, RB recruits. Barely hanging on to our lone QB commit. WT has plenty of work to do with recruiting and that is supposed to be his strength. This is really a sad state right now
The oline recruiting is a major problem for Taggart at FSU right now. You are right about that.

I would also say that if you’re too stupid in this day and age to see what’s coming your way if you post a lynching threat, backed up by a no, I’m serious, against a black head coach in the South, then you made your bed.

@fbi

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT