ADVERTISEMENT

Official Florida Gators vs South Carolina Gamecocks Basketball game @ Columbia, 6:30 pm on SECTV

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Florida leads the all-time series, 43-23 (.652), including 21-14 (.600) in Columbia. This will be the Gators’ second meeting vs. South Carolina under head coach Mike White, following last season’s overtime loss in Columbia.

In a scheduling quirk, this marks the fourth straight meeting of the series that will be played in Columbia. The Gators have never before faced an SEC opponent four straight times on the road.

No opponent this season has reached its season average in regulation against the Gator defense. Georgia is the only team to hit its scoring average, but needed overtime to do so.

USCe probably has the best overall defense in the league. It will be a tough challenge to score more than 60 on them

Does White know how to design an offense - we just keep turning the ball over or take contested shots.

We better hit our FT's tonight when we get them

SC is laying 3 in the 2nd half... We still haven't hit a 3 yet, streak in jeopardy

very inconsistent officials. Walks on them do not get called. I counted two of them. They do on us.

We are being badly outplayed. When our guy picks up the ball, other players have got to help him

now we've been pathetic long enough to help the crowd make the refs give pep rally whistles on everything we do, that's when you're f***ed

We are playing like dog crap, but that is about the 4th time a foul has been called on us that was on USCe.

I can't blame what's going on on the officials. Both teams play great defense, but their bigs are better inside than ours and our guys are having trouble getting open and so are forcing shots. Allen or Barry needs to get hot or we're toast. Free throw shooting an issue again.

I hate games like this, where the officials become the game. Call the obvious ones and let the touch fouls go. Let 'em play!!

The difference in the 2 teams that I see is Thornwell. He's a go-to guy who can create his own shot. Barry is the closest we have to that, but not quite. Hopefully, we can figure out a way to pull it out, but their defense has us frustrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT