ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line question

Randy42

Swamp Thing
Nov 14, 2017
When was the last time you saw our offensive line so inept at run blocking?

I don’t care what the stats say (and they are horrible), we are pathetic at run blocking. I cannot remember the last time I’ve seen this kind of lack of blocking up front. Our O lineman either get man handled or they simply blow their assignments on almost every running play. This is pathetic. Earlier in the year I would say to myself “they are bad now, but they will be much improved next year and we have a chance to be an elite offense next year”. I’m not sure about that now. I don’t know how much better stone forsythe, Brett Heggie, Jean Delance, etc, etc can possibly get..... Once again, we find ourselves talking about recruiting. It’s almost as if our coaches are hesitant to try to recruit and convince (or SELL) elite players on our program or path. When was the last time a 5 star offensive lineman visited our campus? I also cannot remember the last time NOT ONE of the top 18 overall remaining uncommitted recruits have Florida at or even near the top of their lists. All I know for sure is that if we do not improve DRASTICALLY on the offensive line next year, once again we will be good but we will be no threat to the truly elite teams we will face. I sure as hell hope the commits we have are the “diamonds in the rough” Hevesy and Mullen seemed intent on recruiting. Searching for those “long shots” as well as having a roster that is 8-10 scholarship players short of our limit every year is a task that Dan Mullen cannot overcome. Shit, not even Spurrier, Saban, Swinney or Meyer could overcome that.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News