ADVERTISEMENT

Obama (always craving attention) calls out obscene coverage submersible got vs a migrant ship sinking

I don't disagree with you about safety but that's not reality. I can't ever see a time where it's "safe" everywhere.

There are jails for a reason.
The delineation is whether, if I run the Sammamish trail in Redmond, WA or Michigan Avenue in Chicago, is me getting mugged or killed is an aberration (read: .001 chance or so) or likely.

In Chicago, it is likely. In Redmond, my daughter and he niece do it all the time without fear or incident.

yes, there is police there in Redmond and consequences to illegal behavior.

More importantly, it's not just me - it's the kiddos in Chicago. They should be able to walk home, peacefully, see their mother and father, play with friends, do homework and have a calm, relaxing life.

Reactions: emekz1 and BCSpell
The delineation is whether, if I run the Sammamish trail in Redmond, WA or Michigan Avenue in Chicago, is me getting mugged or killed is an aberration (read: .001 chance or so) or likely.

In Chicago, it is likely. In Redmond, my daughter and he niece do it all the time without fear or incident.

yes, there is police there in Redmond and consequences to illegal behavior.

More importantly, it's not just me - it's the kiddos in Chicago. They should be able to walk home, peacefully, see their mother and father, play with friends, do homework and have a calm, relaxing life.
Statistically, Memphis and Cleveland is more dangerous than Chicago but Republicans talk as if Chicago is the deadly place in the United States, when it's barely top 10.

Reactions: emekz1
I wouldn't walk down plenty of places at night. This isn’t limited to Chicago. I wouldn't walk through Luzerne county, PA for a concern of white supremacist. So, I don't see your point.

Good Lord. Lots of WS killings going on in Luzerne County? Seems like that might make the news.

For sure there's a lot of killing going on in Chicago and that was perhaps the point. You missed it, or rather dodged and deflected from it, on purpose.

Good Lord. Lots of WS killings going on in Luzerne County? Seems like that might make the news.

For sure there's a lot of killing going on in Chicago and that was perhaps the point. You missed it, or rather dodged and deflected from it, on purpose.
No the point was that Chicago is too dangerous at night. Plenty of places are too dangerous at night.

"You missed it, or rather dodged and deflected from it, on purpose"

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
I don't disagree with you about safety but that's not reality. I can't ever see a time where it's "safe" everywhere.

There are jails for a reason.
Trolling or just delusional? Did ANYONE say it was safe EVERYWHERE? Hell, I carry a gun on MY street every time I walk my dog. But let me let you in on a little secret...my neighborhood is 10,000 times safer than being in Chicago.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Statistically, Memphis and Cleveland is more dangerous than Chicago but Republicans talk as if Chicago is the deadly place in the United States, when it's barely top 10.
To be reasonable and honest there are shootings and murders in every large metro area in this country. Jax is no exception.
Too dang many young kids - mixed with guns - brought up with no respect or concept of human life. It’s as if they think what they see on TV or in a video game is what life is all about.
Cause? Too many people having a kid with a “pop and drop” mindset. No development of parental ability or responsibility.

To be reasonable and honest there are shootings and murders in every large metro area in this country. Jax is no exception.
Too dang many young kids - mixed with guns - brought up with no respect or concept of human life. It’s as if they think what they see on TV or in a video game is what life is all about.
Cause? Too many people having a kid with a “pop and drop” mindset. No development of parental ability or responsibility.
10000% agree

• Love
Reactions: grandhavendiddy
I laughed when I see a liberal write "There are jails for a reason". So much of the nation's crime problems are because the democrats have forgotten about or simply don't care what jails are supposed to be. So many murders and assaults are being committed by people who have rap sheets a mile long and who do not belong on the streets. This social justice nonsense has turned our criminal justice system on its head. Thank you George Soros funding these left wing nut DA's who believe in no bail and who believe giving criminals not just a second chance but 20, 30 or 40 chances.
Yes, there are jails for a reason. Somebody needs to explain that to the democrat party.

I laughed when I see a liberal write "There are jails for a reason". So much of the nation's crime problems are because the democrats have forgotten about or simply don't care what jails are supposed to be. So many murders and assaults are being committed by people who have rap sheets a mile long and who do not belong on the streets. This social justice nonsense has turned our criminal justice system on its head. Thank you George Soros funding these left wing nut DA's who believe in no bail and who believe giving criminals not just a second chance but 20, 30 or 40 chances.
Yes, there are jails for a reason. Somebody needs to explain that to the democrat party.
Might be your best post ever.....so true

Might be your best post ever.....so true
Thanks. It's one of the things that makes me the angriest of what's going on. I do know that victims are coming from all political parties and all races and people across the board are not happy. You know it's bad when San Francisco threw out their wacko DA recently. I think most people want criminals, especially of violent crimes, kept locked up.

Thanks. It's one of the things that makes me the angriest of what's going on. I do know that victims are coming from all political parties and all races and people across the board are not happy. You know it's bad when San Francisco threw out their wacko DA recently. I think most people want criminals, especially of violent crimes, kept locked up.
ANOTHER reason I believe it will be very hard for Brandon to get re elcted

You'd think so but so many want to see their politics first. We see it here every day.

No the point was that Chicago is too dangerous at night. Plenty of places are too dangerous at night.

"You missed it, or rather dodged and deflected from it, on purpose"

Again, lots of killings going on in Luzerne at night? Just like in Chicago? The klan is killing black folks but the MSM has missed it?

You're trying very, VERY hard to miss the point. No one is buying it.

Amen. When you're arresting people for murder while simultaneously charging the subject for a probation violation on their previous murder conviction, that's a problem.

Agreed with the ocean gate sub comment. Who cares. Those guys played stupid games and won deadly prizes.

Yeah, and he won’t do anything about reducing crime in Chicago.
bpfkpybkd78b1.jpg

Democrats will never be tough on crime, sadly.

Agree.

Unpopular opinion, to prevent people from murdering others, and to save victims from being murdered, we also need to reopen the asylums.

They were called cruel and unusual by the left in the 1960's. Sending truly insane people to jail or prisons is the absolute height of cruel and unusual. Releasing them to the streets isn't much better.

Agree.

Unpopular opinion, to prevent people from murdering others, and to save victims from being murdered, we also need to reopen the asylums.

They were called cruel and unusual by the left in the 1960's. Sending truly insane people to jail or prisons is the absolute height of cruel and unusual. Releasing them to the streets isn't much better.
I won't say they are on weak on violent crimes. I think both sides are tough on that. It's the non-violent crimes that they disagree with.

Chicago #1 so far in 2023 for most murders.

Kalim - that is like arguing that Libya is less dangerous than North Korea. Yes, all three are incredibly dangerous - and the people hurt the most? Black families, especially young black men.

Memphis - 60% black
Cleveland - 47% black
Chicago - 29.2% black (note that this includes broader suburbs)
Gary, Indiana - 78% black
St. Louis - 45.3% black
Baltimore - 63.2% black

There is, perhaps to your point, a linear correlation (R squared = ~1) between percent of black population and murder rates.

Where does Obama start to stand up and talk about the culture along with the other legitimate systemic factors. The latter is easy - it's someone elses responsibility. The former is hard - really hard.

That is my critique.

I also view you as a fair person. (perhaps others on the board do not). When do you, similar to a Deion or a Charles B. start calling this out and then personally making a difference (which Deion is doing, to his tremendous credit).

To continue - in the general area of where I live, Holland, MI, we are at 2.66 murders per 100,000.
Chicago? 166. That is a 62x difference.

I feel safe in Holland. You would feel safe there.

I do not in Chicago - and for good statistical reasons.

ANOTHER reason I believe it will be very hard for Brandon to get re elcted
Except when independents and moderates look at what is available on the right.

For crime in the inner cities, the answer is simple - just don't go.

For abortion, you have now told every college educated woman that the government, even the state, knows better than she does.

Given the options, she will and has voted D which is why he won with only 40,000 votes.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Except when independents and moderates look at what is available on the right.

For crime in the inner cities, the answer is simple - just don't go.

For abortion, you have now told every college educated woman that the government, even the state, knows better than she does.

Given the options, she will and has voted D which is why he won with only 40,000 votes.
I just think with the economy in the tank, prices RIDICULOUSLY high, open borders, Biden selling influence, and absolutely NOTHING better today than it was 3 years ago...abortion is not the magic wand the left hopes it will be...BECAUSE NO ONE took the right away. Saying otherwise is a downright lie. As Constitutional Republics are SUPPOSED to be...the STATES now have the power.

I just think with the economy in the tank, prices RIDICULOUSLY high, open borders, Biden selling influence, and absolutely NOTHING better today than it was 3 years ago...abortion is not the magic wand the left hopes it will be...BECAUSE NO ONE took the right away. Saying otherwise is a downright lie. As Constitutional Republics are SUPPOSED to be...the STATES now have the power.
Agree with every point, but Abortion. It's a massive issue for independent, college educated women.

Trump can get 40% of the vote with his eyes closed. He will likely crush everyone in the primaries. Any reasonable person would agree with this.

The question is how does Trump expand beyond his base. My daughters hate republicans because Abortion is a symbol to them of how the Republican party (esp. men) thinks they can make decisions better than the individual (women). Are they over-indexed on the issue? Perhaps, but they are not the minority here.

Think of all the elections and referendum already lost due to Abortion: Wisconsin Supreme Court, Michigan, Kansas, Georgia Senate, etc.

You know who gets this issue right? RFK Jr. If he was pro-life, watch his support go through the floor.

Winning primaries does not matter. Winning general elections do.

Except you’d be surprised at how many dumb young women will be convinced that abortion is Issue #1. It’s the “don’t look over there at that huge fire look here instead” distraction and it works with the dumb and uneducated almost always.

Agree with every point, but Abortion. It's a massive issue for independent, college educated women.

Trump can get 40% of the vote with his eyes closed. He will likely crush everyone in the primaries. Any reasonable person would agree with this.

The question is how does Trump expand beyond his base. My daughters hate republicans because Abortion is a symbol to them of how the Republican party (esp. men) thinks they can make decisions better than the individual (women). Are they over-indexed on the issue? Perhaps, but they are not the minority here.

Think of all the elections and referendum already lost due to Abortion: Wisconsin Supreme Court, Michigan, Kansas, Georgia Senate, etc.

You know who gets this issue right? RFK Jr. If he was pro-life, watch his support go through the floor.

Winning primaries does not matter. Winning general elections do.
What is your opinion on how women feel about the Democrats advocating for zero restrictions on abortion, meaning abortion on demand up until birth and even beyond. This country is one of the few in the world with no restrictions. Is say a 15 week limit not reasonable, with of course exceptions. With the exception of say Henry Cuellar or Joe Manchin, I never hear any democrat pol express any interest in any limitations. In just 30 years, we went from Bill Clinton's stance that abortion should be legal, safe and RARE to celebrating abortion as if we're killing weeds. What do you think?

Except you’d be surprised at how many dumb young women will be convinced that abortion is Issue #1. It’s the “don’t look over there at that huge fire look here instead” distraction and it works with the dumb and uneducated almost always.
If that is the case, this is a truly sad country. WHY has it even become common to use it as a means of birth control. There are plenty of other types of birth control that a woman can use, and can usually get them for cheap if not free.

What is your opinion on how women feel about the Democrats advocating for zero restrictions on abortion, meaning abortion on demand up until birth and even beyond. This country is one of the few in the world with no restrictions. Is say a 15 week limit not reasonable, with of course exceptions. With the exception of say Henry Cuellar or Joe Manchin, I never hear any democrat pol express any interest in any limitations. In just 30 years, we went from Bill Clinton's stance that abortion should be legal, safe and RARE to celebrating abortion as if we're killing weeds. What do you think?
Diddy watches The View, so he thinks he knows what college-educated suburban women want as a result.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT