ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. WRESTLEMANIA PART 1!!!!

I really enjoyed the show GLOW on Netflix and was disappointed to find out that they decided not to do the 4th and final season.

but to be fair, I have a huge crush on Alison Brie.

And I loved Andre the Giant in Princess Bride.

So you think its not real because they wont let them die? Lmao. As i said, i know for a fact what goes on and how real it is. Yes there is a camera crew and yes they literally eat off the land and have a ration of rice (depends on the season really sometimes fruit is given and they can win rewards). They are on the island, they live there 24/7 (they have been evacuated 1 time due to a cyclone). The contestants are the only ones in the challenges, they do all the voting themselves, they are given no script. They are living on the island 24/7 and voting people off. No they wont let anyone die lol tf is wrong with you... That doesnt make it less "real". I know what they go through, its not easy and definitely real.
Yes, I believe it's not the same because "they won't let them die".

Tell me, you have two scenarios, one where 18 people play survivor with 50 other people, including medics, are just offscreen, they have no chance of going hungry (not the same as being hungry), and their every move is captured on video, and another where 18 people are marooned on a tropical island, where there is a real chance of being wounded or killed by wild animals, dying of disease or hunger, etc. Do you really think those two scenarios are anywhere near the same? You can't possibly.

Lord of the Flies is a work of fiction, and about children, but it's more accurate, more
"real", than Survivor. Read it, if you never have.

Yes, I believe it's not the same because "they won't let them die".

Tell me, you have two scenarios, one where 18 people play survivor with 50 other people, including medics, are just offscreen, they have no chance of going hungry (not the same as being hungry), and their every move is captured on video, and another where 18 people are marooned on a tropical island, where there is a real chance of being wounded or killed by wild animals, dying of disease or hunger, etc. Do you really think those two scenarios are anywhere near the same? You can't possibly.

Lord of the Flies is a work of fiction, and about children, but it's more accurate, more
"real", than Survivor. Read it, if you never have.

The 2nd one sounds horrible

Reactions: Dannygator1989
@GhostOfMatchesMalone
Perhaps my all time favorite matchup, Steamboat vs Flair.
GRfFgr3.gif

Gotta love Flair flopping on the mat.

giphy.gif

Survivor is like going extreme camping here:

Ft-Wilderness-01.jpg

Its like saying UFC fights arent real because the refs stop it and doctors come in to check on the athletes instead of allowing them to fight to the death.... Its like saying football isnt real because refs are there and medical is on hand. Its the same thing. They are playing a game, just like football or the ufc. They could die from an accident but doctors are there to try and prevent it. Its as real as it gets but its a game. I know more about the behind the scenes of survivor than anybody on here.

Its like saying UFC fights arent real because the refs stop it and doctors come in to check on the athletes instead of allowing them to fight to the death.... Its like saying football isnt real because refs are there and medical is on hand. Its the same thing. They are playing a game, just like football or the ufc. They could die from an accident but doctors are there to try and prevent it. Its as real as it gets but its a game. I know more about the behind the scenes of survivor than anybody on here.
I think the problem here is you don't understand the concept of "real".

Let's compare Survivor to extreme camping at Disney.

At Disney, while extreme camping:
You only have the food and shelter you brought, plus any food you can find
You can be bitten by bugs
You can get sunburned
You can get heat stroke
You can get sick
And at any time, you can give up and walk out and go to a resort hotel that's 5 miles away.

On Survivor:
Everything is the same (even the resort hotel), except there is a film crew. Oh, and you can play games to get treats. So in that sense, Survivor is easier.

And to you, that's "real". What's real about it?

Reactions: mcanes
I think the problem here is you don't understand the concept of "real".

Let's compare Survivor to extreme camping at Disney.

At Disney, while extreme camping:
You only have the food and shelter you brought, plus any food you can find
You can be bitten by bugs
You can get sunburned
You can get heat stroke
You can get sick
And at any time, you can give up and walk out and go to a resort hotel that's 5 miles away.

On Survivor:
Everything is the same (even the resort hotel), except there is a film crew. Oh, and you can play games to get treats. So in that sense, Survivor is easier.

And to you, that's "real". What's real about it?

You dont bring food and shelter on survivor lol you dont spend 39 days camping at disney. You arent with strangers voting people out. You arent doing challenges while camping that drain you even further. You dont lose 30 pounds or more at disney. I dont think YOU understand the concept of real. Survivor is a game.... Not a death sentence. Same as football and the UFC. If you are referencing Ponderosa then LOL at "resort hotel".

Last edited:
You dont bring food and shelter on survivor lol you dont spend 39 days camping at disney. You arent with strangers voting people out. You arent doing challenges while camping that drain you even further. You dont lose 30 pounds or more at disney. I dont think YOU understand the concept of real. Survivor is a game.... Not a death sentence. Same as football and the UFC. If you are referencing Ponderosa then LOL at "resort hotel".
Here's where we agree: Survivor is a game. It's not real.

OMGoodness...

when Survivor 2 aired, sadgator was 30, in his sexual prime, and full of joy and life...

Elisabeth Filarski was like the most desirable human he had ever set his eyes on...she was like the apex of female sexuality in the entire world at that moment in time...

sadgator and mrs. sadgator seriously almost had to go to counseling because of it...
Sigh...
Prime at 30? Define prime. Early Twenty’s the train could make a delivery and keep on going without stopping and run the same route several times.
That would make you an old man ( perv.? ) at 50 now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT