ADVERTISEMENT

Not even a top 50 class

Proud Gator

Baby Gator
Nov 25, 2017
I’m praying it gets better, but so far Mullen looks like he is not a competitive recruiter, and others are beating him to the punch
And please stop with “he is getting his guys”, we had players, we had guys he would love to have and they are leaving like a house on fire
It will get better, but Don’t see us anywhere near a top 10 class

We need to see how it finishes, but transition classes are tough. No way we can get to top 10, but top 20 would be great. I think Mullen will do well, but he wasnt a sexy hire.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
I’m praying it gets better, but so far Mullen looks like he is not a competitive recruiter, and others are beating him to the punch
And please stop with “he is getting his guys”, we had players, we had guys he would love to have and they are leaving like a house on fire

Get a hold of yourself.

Reactions: g8r4ever

Just realize, almost everyone we have lost since the Mullen hire was processed or other issues arise. They believe Thorton jumped to Baylor because he wouldn’t get in. Mullen did not want Corral, or was certainly not willing to quit pursuing other QBs. Dunlap, the supposed 4* OG, is so overweight his best offer which he accepted is Minnesota.

Also realize this is the first year of early signing period. Even experienced coaches are having to adapt. So they are soley focused on a handful of recruits and then will move on to the others after Wednesday.

I am not telling you it will finish fantastic, but there are a lot of factors at play here. Lets at least wait until late January

Everybody needs to get a grip.

With the monumental coaching changes that happened this season, if I were a prized recruit, I would take my time too.

Nevermind the national scene. Just look at Florida.

Reactions: miksta
Just realize, almost everyone we have lost since the Mullen hire was processed or other issues arise. They believe Thorton jumped to Baylor because he wouldn’t get in. Mullen did not want Corral, or was certainly not willing to quit pursuing other QBs. Dunlap, the supposed 4* OG, is so overweight his best offer which he accepted is Minnesota.

Also realize this is the first year of early signing period. Even experienced coaches are having to adapt. So they are soley focused on a handful of recruits and then will move on to the others after Wednesday.

I am not telling you it will finish fantastic, but there are a lot of factors at play here. Lets at least wait until late January
Radley-Hiles chose to go to FSU this weekend, Emory Jones is there now. Three other committed 5 stars are there as well. You got to have some stain to get these guys on campus, kind of an unknown with Mullen right now.

5633671afb2d490d3a97cb6dc294e814--troll-dolls-venus.jpg

Radley-Hiles chose to go to FSU this weekend, Emory Jones is there now. Three other committed 5 stars are there as well. You got to have some stain to get these guys on campus, kind of an unknown with Mullen right now.

Agree, other teams, and other teams with coaching changes are recruiting well, I don’t feel a buzz for us and coaching changes most times are a positive recruiting buzz, time will tell, you got to connect with the recruit, get them on campus, stay connected, close the deal and win with them for it to be considered a successful recruiting class, so we are early in passing judgement on this class, but the feel is not building a buzz

Jesus will people STFU about Mullen not being a recruiter!! The people who left were tied to previous coaches who are no longer here or because they saw a crappy product on the field. Mullen has reached out to tons of good players, many of whom have worked us into the fold. What are expectations here? That he would have signed 30 5 star players in 3 weeks. We got many good players in the final week last year Sven with a yellow toothed butter ball as coach. People know Mullen and his track record, and that he’s all business. I think they respect that and our recruiting will be fine. If we actually field a decent team for once in a decade it’ll be top 10 consistently

Reactions: instaGATOR
Please tell me all the great players other teams have signed ahead of us in the past two weeks that Mullen has missed on

No one has signed yet, the 20th is the first opportunity, but momentum and buzz or call it stain matter, but it looks like he will miss on a few

Everybody needs to get a grip.

With the monumental coaching changes that happened this season, if I were a prized recruit, I would take my time too.

Nevermind the national scene. Just look at Florida.

Recruiting is dynamic, knowing the competition and what they are planning and doing matters, if you put on blinders and take an arrogant approach you will lose more than you win in recruiting

Mr. Obvious says:

Now, wild speculations and biased opinions rule the coming daze. :rolleyes:

NSD, reality sets in as the 1st judgments on a class can begin. o_O

3-4 Years Later - Over-all class judgments are finally available. :cool:

Well Duh...:confused:

In total so far, 12 have de-committed this year, 10 of those since Mc was fired. There are only about 4-5 of those 12 that I'd like to see re-commit to UF. The rest are more than welcome to go elsewhere.

Who's going and who's coming???

#135 DB Nigel Bethel 5-11 160 *** - Miami (flip-out to Baylor)

#32 DB John Huggins 6-0 200 *** (flip-in from FSU)

Sorry if I didn't see that as a negative thing for UF....

============

#50 WR Tyquan Thornton 6-3 165 **** - Miami (de-commit)

A new Mullen/Gonzales offer went out to replace him, he has scheduled a UF visit for Jan.

#37 WR Tommy Bush 6-5 191 4.47/40 **** - Schertz, TX
(He's a NSD recruit ~ iG crosses fingers)

Agree, other teams, and other teams with coaching changes are recruiting well, I don’t feel a buzz for us and coaching changes most times are a positive recruiting buzz, time will tell, you got to connect with the recruit, get them on campus, stay connected, close the deal and win with them for it to be considered a successful recruiting class, so we are early in passing judgement on this class, but the feel is not building a buzz

Well the Huggins committment moved us to #31 composite ranking. FSU currently sits at #48. Huggins was a FSU committ. Settle down.

Yup. And Emory and his mom were aupposed to head to FSU Saturday afternoon but atayed at UF until past 8 pm. You have to use ALL the information if you are going to make these statements.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Jesus will people STFU about Mullen not being a recruiter!! The people who left were tied to previous coaches who are no longer here or because they saw a crappy product on the field. Mullen has reached out to tons of good players, many of whom have worked us into the fold. What are expectations here? That he would have signed 30 5 star players in 3 weeks. We got many good players in the final week last year Sven with a yellow toothed butter ball as coach. People know Mullen and his track record, and that he’s all business. I think they respect that and our recruiting will be fine. If we actually field a decent team for once in a decade it’ll be top 10 consistently

As i said earlier, the kids he has focued on retaining such as Pitts, Russell, etc. remain committed.

Most or all of who is gone are kids he showed little or no interest in.

Well the Huggins committment moved us to #31 composite ranking. FSU currently sits at #48. Huggins was a FSU committ. Settle down.
I think Proud Gator needs to cool the jets a bit.

Other programs with coaching changes:
#58 FSU
#60 Tennessee
#65 Nebraska

Yup. And Emory and his mom were aupposed to head to FSU Saturday afternoon but atayed at UF until past 8 pm. You have to use ALL the information if you are going to make these statements.
All the information would also include the fact that FSU had 5 five stars in this weekend for officials, UF had one. Taggart got hired two weeks after Mullen, so there is really no excuse for that. Will they all commit to FSU? No, but getting them all on campus that quickly is impressive. Gotta be in it to win it.

Another fact is that Huggins was not re-recruited by Taggart. The staff went to his HS this week to see another recruit, and they totally ignored him. He's very talented, rumor is grades are a big problem.

Lol the girl on the right, Abigail, I taught her her senior year in high school. She went to Alabama and yet now she’s working at UF.

I approve.
Reason #1 I could never work at a high school. Don't know how any straight male does it.

Maybe they're not pedophiles?

Pedophile: a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.

High school kids are adults biologically. However, given that teachers are in a position of authority over their charges, and the social mores that make messing with jailbait strictly verboten, they might be scumbags, they aren't pedos.

Reactions: GoFish2

Hes not a recruiter OH MY GAWD

Because he doesn't get off on illegal underage girls? Well ok then.

Sick bastard
Lol, we're talking about high school, not middle school. Not sure how they do things in Tennessee, but there are many 18 year old individuals who go to high school. I think you know that though.

Reactions: EvilWayz
I think Proud Gator needs to cool the jets a bit.

Other programs with coaching changes:
#58 FSU
#60 Tennessee
#65 Nebraska

Paco should represent the full picture, these teams also had coaching changes, I’ll take facts over bluster
#11 Oregon
#16 TA&M
#20 UCLA

All the information would also include the fact that FSU had 5 five stars in this weekend for officials, UF had one. Taggart got hired two weeks after Mullen, so there is really no excuse for that. Will they all commit to FSU? No, but getting them all on campus that quickly is impressive. Gotta be in it to win it.

Another fact is that Huggins was not re-recruited by Taggart. The staff went to his HS this week to see another recruit, and they totally ignored him. He's very talented, rumor is grades are a big problem.
Don’t you think these visits were planned way before Taggart got there. That’s Macs fault no 5 stars on campus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT