ADVERTISEMENT

Newsmax Staffers Hit With Subpoenas in 2020 Election Defamation Suit

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
Does anyone really question how this one is going to end?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsmax-staffers-hit-subpoenas-2020-123000533.html
Newsmax Staffers Hit With Subpoenas in 2020 Election Defamation Suit
Diana Falzone
Updated Tue, June 27, 2023 at 1:17 AM EDT·5 min read

Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against Fox News laid bare how the network communicated behind the scenes about broadcasting 2020 election misinformation, ultimately leading the network to fork over a massive settlement. Newsmax could be next, as voting-technology company Smartmatic has subpoenaed several of the right-wing cable network’s current and former employees for work and personal correspondence.

Several Newsmax insiders, who spoke with Rolling Stone under a condition of anonymity due to a fear of reprisal, said that roughly three weeks ago they were told to hand over “mirror images of their personal cellphone, personal email, and iCloud,” as Smartmatic’s lawsuit against the network moves forward.

Smartmaric’s attorney J. Erik Connolly, managing chair of the litigation practice group at Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan, & Aronoff, LLC, tells Rolling Stone: “Smartmatic intends to pursue discovery from the current and former Newsmax employees who participated in the egregious disinformation campaign against the company. Some of the discovery has come, and will come, from the company. Smartmatic is pursuing these individuals to get the rest. Our complaint does not numerically specify the amount of damages we have suffered.”

Smartmatic claims in its lawsuit that Newsmax knowingly pushed falsehoods about the company following the 2020 presidential election. “Newsmax published and/or republished false statements and implications during news broadcasts, in online reports, and on social media that ‘Smartmatic participated in a criminal conspiracy’ to fix, rig, and steal the Election,” the defamation suit alleges.

Trump won in 2020. Most votes EVER by POTUS!

81M votes my ass! China Joe only won 16% of America’s countries in 2020…

Trump won in 2020. Most votes EVER by POTUS!

81M votes my ass! China Joe only won 16% of America’s countries in 2020…

I couldn’t help myself and did a search for “America’s countries”:

IMG-2176.png

Now I’m genuinely curious.
  • Did you misspell “counties” three times?
  • Did you misspell it once and are just copying and pasting from a stash of slogans you have saved somewhere?
  • Did you actually mean “America’s countries”? If so, what are America’s countries?

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT