ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP say reconsider Florida schools….

Ignorance is bliss.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff
Guessing that's why you're so happy

• Haha
Reactions: raginGator
True but you really can't have one without the other.
Yes and No. I think they can be mutually exclusive to each other and not joined at the hip, but one definitely does depend more on the other. Just my quick and humble two cents on it.

Reactions: bigg8tr
“Equity” is a word that has been corrupted. DEI is more about power than anything. The concept also assumes a faulty system that must be destroyed.

Superficially, it’s political red meat to inflame and lead away from critical thought and discussion.

“Equity” is a word that has been corrupted. DEI is more about power than anything. The concept also assumes a faulty system that must be destroyed.

Superficially, it’s political red meat to inflame and lead away from critical thought and discussion.
Equity is not about equal rights .. it’s about extra rights.

True but you really can't have one without the other.
Guess he doesn’t realize Affirmative Action and DEI are actually the same - it’s approved discrimination due to race. Reduces the need for merit and establishes race based quotas. Everything in life should based on merit and I’ll never waiver on that.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Guess he doesn’t realize Affirmative Action and DEI are actually the same - it’s approved discrimination due to race. Reduces the need for merit and establishes race based quotas. Everything in life should based on merit and I’ll never waiver on that.
What would be your answer to specific groups getting more opportunities then others. Everyone at the top is not honorable. If you had data that said this percentage of minorities graduated from universities and their majority counterparts were hired at a higher rate with better starting salaries. How would you fix it. When more people who claim that they’re so smart actually look at the data and see the bias and speak up then you wouldn’t need the Rooney rule and affirmative action.

Reactions: gatorshady
Has anyone on here actually read the Harvard/UNC decision and what was actually occurring in the admissions process?

Just curious.

I mean wasn't there just a discussion on here about legacy admissions and how that should be addressed and there should be consideration given to a/or children of those who donate large sums of $$$ to UF?

Yet someone is going to holler, "but race is different...." yet I see several quotes here and in another thread saying it "should be about merit etc".

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics to justify one over the other.....

Oh and I'm not against either unders certain parameters, specifically the Powell opinion and parameters he discussed in Baake.

*Read the recent decision...

DEI, though well intended, creates division and separation not togetherness. We must all support one another based on content of character not color of skin.
Although I agree with the basic premise that we should support one another on character…when it is found the unfair practices such as discrimination are found there needs to be legislation put in place to stop it. So if you see a sharp decline in minority enrollment something should be done about it..IMHO

Reactions: gatorshady

All of this is right, of course.

They are not the same.

But go on.

Reactions: bigg8tr

The real assumption here is that everything is hierarchal. That there always has to be a vertical power structure, not horizontal. Why do you suppose that is?

And naturally, people feel threatened and are often resistant to change when that hierarchy is altered...or...when there is a more level playing field. 🤔
I don’t think DEI is an attempt overturn hierarchical systems, or level a playing field. DEI is an attempt to construct a new hierarchy using victim hood as currency. I think it is absurd.

Anything's possible when you have no clue what you are talking about.
Okay. I have listened to plenty of what the intersectionality whacko’s have to say. It’s as simple as self perceive victims trying to leverage their fragile nature into higher social status.

• Haha
Reactions: InstaGator24
Okay. I have listened to plenty of what the intersectionality whacko’s have to say. It’s as simple as self perceive victims trying to leverage their fragile nature into higher social status.
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT