ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game is officially ON for Nov. 19th (link)

If we don't get 2 straight home games with LSU then Foley outsmarted himself on this mess and is a complete idiot. I pray he isn't that naive. I dont see how that isn't 100% guaranteed already before accepting this game at LSU.

What a waste of a week. Those crying LSU bitches really wasted their energy.

Well, we are playing....what exactly are we afraid of?

Man, I hope of ton of asshole LSU fans were banned from this site for that stupid shit.

I'm never going to understand why Florida wouldn't have just moved the game to BR in the first place and saved everyone the aggravation... unless it really was about avoiding the game while dealing with all of those injuries.

FWIW, LSU is currently without two starting OL, a starting OLB, a starting safety, a starting DL and the best RB in the country all due to injury so it probably would have been a pretty fair fight... looking forward to seeing you guys in Baton Rouge, just like South Carolina last season!

Reactions: TennVols82
If we don't get 2 straight home games with LSU then Foley outsmarted himself on this mess and is a complete idiot. I pray he isn't that naive. I dont see how that isn't 100% guaranteed already before accepting this game at LSU.
According to the article that is exactly what has happened. LSU will play in Gainesville 2017 and 2018.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Not understanding why we're having to play there but whatever. They should have to come to Gainesville two straight years.

I'm never going to understand why Florida wouldn't have just moved the game to BR in the first place and saved everyone the aggravation... unless it really was about avoiding the game while dealing with all of those injuries.

FWIW, LSU is currently without two starting OL, a starting OLB, a starting safety, a starting DL and the best RB in the country all due to injury so it probably would have been a pretty fair fight... looking forward to seeing you guys in Baton Rouge, just like South Carolina last season!
Florida didn't want to give up 2 home games this year and LSU didn't want to play 3 road games in a row....one was about money, the other was about being a giant puss...let me know if you figure out which is which..

Damn, Florida got deep dicked!
They really didn't, it worked out perfectly for them.

Florida gets to heal up before they play us and they get back-to-back home games in '17 and '18 while LSU gets stuck with paying a $1.5 million buy-out just to keep a home game and has to play 3 SEC games in 12 days. Sounds perfectly equitable to me, glad we could help out.

From my outside perspective, the fact that this went down like it did is completely Jeremy Foley's responsibility. The game should have been played last weekend at some time in some place. They could have played Sunday in Gainesville or even held the game some place like Tampa since the Bucs were out of town.

What happened is Foley just canceled the game thinking that would be the end of it until Sankey said "This game is going to be played or else." Then they had no way of playing except on November 19 and no matter what somebody was going to have to make major concessions. In this case Florida is the one that got jerked around.

But you won't hear me complain about it. Now you guys have to play a legit Power 5 opponent a week before you come to Tallahassee instead of Presbytarian or some other cupcake game.

Still seems like a shit deal to me.

We're losing revenue on two home games and still have to pay a 500k buyout to cancel a game. Or is the insurance backing up UF?
I suspect that insurance will cover this year's game and you'll get the revenue from an extra home game next year - and that will be an extra SEC game, which should more than cover whatever pittance Presby gets. We, on the other hand have the same number of home games this year that we were going to have anyway and lose a home game next year, neither of which triggers any insurance assistance. Plus our buy-out is $1.5 million, not $500K.

Glad we could help out.

From my outside perspective, the fact that this went down like it did is completely Jeremy Foley's responsibility. The game should have been played last weekend at some time in some place. They could have played Sunday in Gainesville or even held the game some place like Tampa since the Bucs were out of town.

What happened is Foley just canceled the game thinking that would be the end of it until Sankey said "This game is going to be played or else." Then they had no way of playing except on November 19 and no matter what somebody was going to have to make major concessions. In this case Florida is the one that got jerked around.

But you won't hear me complain about it. Now you guys have to play a legit Power 5 opponent a week before you come to Tallahassee instead of Presbytarian or some other cupcake game.
I'm still trying to figure out what concessions Florida made or how they got jerked around. All I see is win for them. They got to dodge LSU while they were beat up and get a bonus SEC home game next year... basically they just missed the Presby game this year and insurance is going to cover that anyway.

I'm still trying to figure out what concessions Florida made or how they got jerked around. All I see is win for them. They got to dodge LSU while they were beat up and get a bonus SEC home game next year... basically they just missed the Presby game this year and insurance is going to cover that anyway.
You mean other than pissing off their season ticket holders? Look, I'm not blaming LSU for this. It was Foley who originally canceled the game instead of looking for alternatives last weekend.

You mean other than pissing off their season ticket holders? Look, I'm not blaming LSU for this. It was Foley who originally canceled the game instead of looking for alternatives last weekend.
Like I said, I think their season ticket holders will be mollified with a bonus SEC home game next year, all for the cost of missing out on a rent-a-win a lot of them weren't going to go to anyway... and no, LSU offered every possible alternative to play that game that weekend, UF wanted no part of it.

I suspect that insurance will cover this year's game and you'll get the revenue from an extra home game next year - and that will be an extra SEC game, which should more than cover whatever pittance Presby gets. We, on the other hand have the same number of home games this year that we were going to have anyway and lose a home game next year, neither of which triggers any insurance assistance. Plus our buy-out is $1.5 million, not $500K.

Glad we could help out.
We are giving up 2 home games this year, and will get 1 of those two back next year. You are giving up 1 home game and getting it back on 11/19.

Like I said, I think their season ticket holders will be mollified with a bonus SEC home game next year, all for the cost of missing out on a rent-a-win a lot of them weren't going to go to anyway... and no, LSU offered every possible alternative to play that game that weekend, UF wanted no part of it.
LSU wanted no part of 3 road games in a row, they took the puss way out. That is a FACT that even your AD confirmed...LSU's only offer up was to play in BR and they got that, again another FACT.

Not a bad deal since we get 2 straight at home against LSU now but I do think we are going to get killed playing there this season even worse than if it was a home game.

We are giving up 2 home games this year, and will get 1 of those two back next year. You are giving up 1 home game and getting it back on 11/19.
Um... no.

UF chose not to play what would have been a home game for them on Sunday or Monday. Fortunately, insurance will cover that one. Florida then gives up another home game this year but will get it back next season so that's a wash - better than, actually, because you're giving up a non-conference rent-a-win home game for an SEC home game.

We, on the other hand, lose a home game on 11/19 to South Alabama and pay $1.5 million because of it, but we get it back when Florida shows up in 11/19 to play us instead. Then next year we lose our home game against Florida and get absolutely nothing back for it.

Um... no.

UF chose not to play what would have been a home game for them on Sunday or Monday. Fortunately, insurance will cover that one. Florida then gives up another home game this year but will get it back next season so that's a wash - better than, actually, because you're giving up a non-conference rent-a-win home game for an SEC home game.

We, on the other hand, lose a home game on 11/19 to South Alabama and pay $1.5 million because of it, but we get it back when Florida shows up in 11/19 to play us instead. Then next year we lose our home game against Florida and get absolutely nothing back for it.
We lost our home game on 11/19, you get that right? We have to pay at buyout of $500k for the 11/19 game. Good lord, only the biggest dipshit on the planet would still find a way to complain about getting this years game moved to their home field....you must be a special kind of stupid....

We lost our home game on 11/19, you get that right? We have to pay at buyout of $500k for the 11/19 game. Good lord, only the biggest dipshit on the planet would still find a way to complain about getting this years game moved to their home field....you must be a special kind of stupid....
AND YOU GET IT BACK NEXT YEAR, as an SEC home game rather than a rent-a-win which matters infinitely more.

We on the other hand lose our home game next year and have to pay a buyout of $1.5 million for the 11/19 game. How are you not able to understand who is getting screwed here? I'll lay it out for you as simply as I can.

Florida loses two home games this year (1 non-conference, 1 SEC) and gets an extra SEC home game next year. They pay a $500,000 buy-out and are compensated by insurance for lost revenue. They also avoid playing a tough conference foe while suffering through a rash of injuries.

LSU loses a home game this year and a home game next year (1 non-conference, 1 SEC) and gets an extra SEC home game this year. They pay a $1.5 million buy-out and get no insurance compensation. They also have to play 3 SEC games in 12 days as a result.

All when LSU offered over a dozen solutions that all would have seen the game played that weekend and were repeatedly rebuffed.

AND YOU GET IT BACK NEXT YEAR, as an SEC home game rather than a rent-a-win which matters infinitely more.

We on the other hand lose our home game next year and have to pay a buyout of $1.5 million for the 11/19 game. How are you not able to understand who is getting screwed here? I'll lay it out for you as simply as I can.

Florida loses two home games this year (1 non-conference, 1 SEC) and gets an extra SEC home game next year. They pay a $500,000 buy-out and are compensated by insurance for lost revenue. They also avoid playing a tough conference foe while suffering through a rash of injuries.

LSU loses a home game this year and a home game next year (1 non-conference, 1 SEC) and gets an extra SEC home game this year. They pay a $1.5 million buy-out and get no insurance compensation. They also have to play 3 SEC games in 12 days as a result.

All when LSU offered over a dozen solutions that all would have seen the game played that weekend and were repeatedly rebuffed.
Good lord you are stupid....we lose the Presb game and the LSU game this year. We lose 2 games....we don't get the Presb game back you.....we will not be playing that game.

As I mentioned, Clay Travis, go check him out. Most of what he is saying here has already been disproven, so not sure who is dumber here....bottom line is we will be in BR on 11/19.....I thought we were scared to play the game?? Oh, is that not the narrative now???
The 'narrative' was that UF didn't want to play LSU last weekend when the injuries were mounting and the Tigers had built some genuine momentum... and guess what - despite all of the options LSU offered, they didn't have to.

Sounds like the narrative hasn't changed, Florida just gets to screw us next year as well as this year. Well done.

Good lord you are stupid....we lose the Presb game and the LSU game this year. We lose 2 games....we don't get the Presb game back you.....we will not be playing that game.

Oh, I didn't realize we didn't have any games between now and then, or that you can predict future injuries....again, are we still scared to play you this year? Or are we still trying to back into a conference title?? I thought that is what we were doing...so now we are not?? Which is it? Good lord....we won't be getting back the Presb anyway you try to spin it....

Coach Mac is the only one really hurt by this imo. We are liable to get killed at LSU if this team doesn't get its act together by then.

Foley should have kicked all of the evacuees out of Gainesville and made all of the available first responders work the football game instead of helping those people whose homes were flooded and were stranded.

Anyone seen A1A in Flager Beach? Neither has anyone else, because it's gone.

We have argued this to death but the game could have been played later and there was LEO etc. resources available for Security etc. No sense in arguing it any longer I guess as people will just make their same arguments.

[QUOTE="LSUwiggz, post: 904041, member: 65968"]I'm never going to understand why Florida wouldn't have just moved the game to BR in the first place and saved everyone the aggravation... unless it really was about avoiding the game while dealing with all of those injuries.

FWIW, LSU is currently without two starting OL, a starting OLB, a starting safety, a starting DL and the best RB in the country all due to injury so it probably would have been a pretty fair fight... looking forward to seeing you guys in Baton Rouge, just like South Carolina last season![/QUOTE]

If you don't, then you're pretty stupid. We look forward to coming up to corn dog country on Nov. 19. We've had pretty good success against you guys up there. Hopefully, your state and your Athletic Dept don't go broke before we get there!

Last edited:
Reactions: TennVols82
Still seems like a shit deal to me.

We're losing revenue on two home games and still have to pay a 500k buyout to cancel a game. Or is the insurance backing up UF?

We'll be recovering the lost income from the SEC. After my first reaction, it's actually a good deal for us in the long run. Unfortunately for our Seniors, though, they get screwed out of 2 home games this year.

Not a bad deal since we get 2 straight at home against LSU now but I do think we are going to get killed playing there this season even worse than if it was a home game.

And you think that why? Seems like a pretty good match-up to me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT