ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game at 8pm, wtf, always.....

I wonder what our record there is at night since Spurrier left? I remember that 07 game well where they made a crazy number of 4th downs.

florida-mocks-lsu-mike-the-tiger.jpg

Does anybody have an actual list for how many night games we’ve played there vs afternoon.

Never have people who have accomplished so little puff so much

Losing to Texas gets some really excited

Does anybody have an actual list for how many night games we’ve played there vs afternoon.

Nothing came up I could find. Did see we are 2-5 there since Meyer became our coach for 2005. A 2009 win and that delayed game win which I think was an afternoon game.

Edit: 2011 and 2013 were afternoon games it appears.

Last edited:
We can't get the damn Aubie game or the LSU game when they visit us at night.....but LSU gets to fuel their stadium up every time

LSU has a deal where they can refuse a 3:30 game once a year so they can play it at night. Supposedly night games are their "tradition".

We need that deal to be either ended in the next contract or amended that any game LSU pulls that option on, the next time that team hosts LSU they get the same option.

Really, it's time for LSU to join big boy football and stop begging for extra advantages.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
LSU has a deal where they can refuse a 3:30 game once a year so they can play it at night. Supposedly night games are their "tradition".

We need that deal to be either ended in the next contract or amended that any game LSU pulls that option on, the next time that team hosts LSU they get the same option.

Really, it's time for LSU to join big boy football and stop begging for extra advantages.
LSU begged for the right to wear white jersey's at home. LSU begged to play as many games as possible at night. Why they get their way is wild.

Not true on any level.

Not at all, Auburn would have won that game with any QB with a pulse! LSU will win big. Florida is vastly overrated...

Speaking of vastly overrated, what's your prediction for the Florida and Auburn games? Think Georgia can win either?

Lol, we gave the Barn all 13 of their points.

We actually gave them 20 points, but they were kind enough to say no thank you to the defensive fumble recovery for a touchdown. Or did they kick a field goal on that possession, that would mean they would have had 17 not 20. I don't recall. Oh well, we won, they lost, life is good.

Reactions: GatorNation79
We actually gave them 20 points, but they were kind enough to say no thank you to the defensive fumble recovery for a touchdown. Or did they kick a field goal on that possession, that would mean they would have had 17 not 20. I don't recall. Oh well, we won, they lost, life is good.
And the receiver that caught the way wide open deep pass and fell at the 5 yard line.

And the receiver that caught the way wide open deep pass and fell at the 5 yard line.

Yes, but that was the one of only two good plays they made on offense all day, and the only one on an actual drive. Their other points were the two field goals both set up by getting a turnover pretty much already in field goal range, and the one scoring pass set up by the boneheaded fake punt. The DT falling down would have been another score off of a turnover.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I think we are on the same page that, if we don't repeatedly give them the great field position, and their WR doesn't fall down, they end the day with 7 points.

Used against Florida several times. But to be fair, I haven't heard it done recently. But I attributed that mostly to us being less than elite for the past 8-9 years.
Honestly man, you are wrong, LSU does not have any right of refusal to play a 2:30 game. They certainly requests night games, but they do not have any right of refusal. Hell, Bama is bitching because they have had more 11 am games than any other SEC Team. If Bama doesnt have a say, do you really think the red headed step child LSU does? The networks decide.

Honestly man, you are wrong, LSU does not have any right of refusal to play a 2:30 game. They certainly requests night games, but they do not have any right of refusal. Hell, Bama is bitching because they have had more 11 am games than any other SEC Team. If Bama doesnt have a say, do you really think the red headed step child LSU does? The networks decide.
I keep forgetting Louisiana is on Central time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT