ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back 're: Treon Harris

TennesseeGator

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Memphis, TN
Last year the week of the LSU game Gator Nation was up in arms over our hero of the UT game Treon Harris being suspended.

Had Treon played in last years LSU game, I believe without a doubt we win.

Lets also not forget that it was Treon as the starter who beat UGA.

If LSU beats us it will be due to one or two things. We can't contain Leonard. Or we contain Leonard and LSU's passing game is better than advertised.

Maybe a third. The Mad Hatter pulls some type of Cajun magic out of his area.

The LSU defense now has different game plan to worry about.

They have only bits of two game films to watch Treon in this offense. They have old stuff from last year in an inept offense.

I'm not scared. Watch this team rally around each other and win.

As far as UGA goes, contain their back up RB's and force their QB to pass on our secondary. I love our chances in that game.

This is the fourth week in a row that LSU will face the back up QB and the second year in a row against UF. The Hat craps rabbit's feet and horse shoes as Warchant does excuses.

Reactions: sadgator
I will write again; we beat UGA last year. When they had a better QB and better RBs. We had Harris. And Muschamp.

To be fair, we had a better OL last year too.

We can beat LSU with Harris. If our defense keeps LF under 120 yards we win imo unless we lose the turnover battle. Harris is better than their QB.

Well last year's Uga game we had the one two punch of MJ and KT. We are lacking that this year. Treon barely threw at all last year, he will have to a bunch this year.

Well last year's Uga game we had the one two punch of MJ and KT. We are lacking that this year. Treon barely threw at all last year, he will have to a bunch this year.

Not to mention, Mark Richt isn't going to be on LSU's sideline.

Our O line just played lights out last season in that Georgia game. No way KT gets that help in a game this season from the young O line.

He might be better. Over looked? No both had equal opportunity to earn the starting nod. Treon was rumored to start the UT game but was suspended.

I believe in Treon

I disagree. Grier played more in the 2nd game than Treon. They didn't give Treon the same opportunity that they did with Grier in that game whatsoever and what is bad is Treon played better in 1 qrt than Grier did in his quarters...JMHO

Treon isn't better than Grier. Period. This is going to hurt. I think we can still be successful but It's going to be even more difficult.

If Treon takes us to Atlanta I would like to grill some crow for some folks. Do you like BBQ sauce with it? If not then I will grill me some crow..

The problem is that Treon is very limited passing the ball down field. We have lost the threat of a vertical passing game. Teams are going to load up to stop the run. It will be tough sledding, but we have better coaches so let's see what they can do.

The problem is that Treon is very limited passing the ball down field. We have lost the threat of a vertical passing game. Teams are going to load up to stop the run. It will be tough sledding, but we have better coaches so let's see what they can do.

I didn't see that lack of vertical passing in the ECU game...or the NMSU game either.

Grier has a higher ceiling than Harris in the long term. But Harris has greatly improved since last season and is a college capable QB. Yes, we will need the run game to be solid to eat clock and open up some passing lanes, as our playmakers have vastly improved from last year.

Even if LSU is too much to handle, we throw the kitchen sink at UGA for a win, as that locks up the East for the first time in six years and Y1 of McElwain. Blows expectations out of the water. A win over the Noles to finish the undefeated home season (my personal goal) and I am singing for the future of this program.

Grier is better than Treon, but the gap isn't that wide. As mentioned, there were very strong rumors that Treon was gonna start the UT game because Mac was not please with Grier's performance against UK. The difference is Grier got to keep playing and got better with experience in this new system. Who is to say the same wouldn't have happened with Treon? I trust Mac.

No doubt Grier is a better passer, but they will be able to run some plays with Harris (specifically the read-option and some QB draws) that they didn't run with Grier. That in turn will open up the passing game and make it easier on Harris than it would be for Grier.

Yea idk, that's kinda what scares me. Given that we almost have no backup plan now, idk how much the coaches are gonna let him run because they can't afford an injury at all.

Reactions: dakid_0812
No they aren't going to be able to run Harris much. He's small and we don't have a backup to him. I'm guessing any designed QB runs, etc may come from Grady. Grady has a special package for him as well but it is run heavy.

Reactions: dakid_0812
Yep! I mean you can't coach scared, but at the same time I wouldn't run him much on designed stuff anyway. Gonna be interesting to see how the offense evolves over the next few weeks.

Yep! I mean you can't coach scared, but at the same time I wouldn't run him much on designed stuff anyway. Gonna be interesting to see how the offense evolves over the next few weeks.

Agree, but just the threat of him keeping will force the D to play their assignments. If he just keeps it three to four times a game, they will have to respect it.

Agree, but just the threat of him keeping will force the D to play their assignments. If he just keeps it three to four times a game, they will have to respect it.
Exactly. Make the defense cover the whole offense. Slows them down a step.

No they aren't going to be able to run Harris much. He's small and we don't have a backup to him. I'm guessing any designed QB runs, etc may come from Grady. Grady has a special package for him as well but it is run heavy.

One of the good traits of Treon is his running ability, but you cannot afford him to get hurt. This will limit the offense going forward. I would not expose Treon and put him in a position to get banged up. Who is your backup?

If he does run I bet the staff will tell him to slide or get down before he is hit.

One of the good traits of Treon is his running ability, but you cannot afford him to get hurt. This will limit the offense going forward. I would not expose Treon and put him in a position to get banged up. Who is your backup?

If he does run I bet the staff will tell him to slide or get down before he is hit.

Josh Grady is the only other QB to have any playing time so far. He played sparingly in the NMSU game. Caught a pass, threw a pass, and had a run or two in mop up duty.

He looked very athletic but the competition was soft.

If Treon takes us to Atlanta I would like to grill some crow for some folks. Do you like BBQ sauce with it? If not then I will grill me some crow..
If we get to Atlanta, it will have been a team effort. Grier QB'd us to 4 SEC wins. Now it's Treon's turn. Need 2 minimum, 3 to clinch with no outside help....pending outcomes of other games to be played.

Me neither. As a matter of fact he had a better passing %%% than Grier did. This is why I said and will say that I thought Treon was better in the first place.
IIRC in one of the drives in ECU game, Treon was 3 of 3.....all WR screens. I would hope those would be completed at a high rate.

It's funny, well not really, but during the Mizzou game, when Will held the ball too long and go sacked, I wanted them to take him out and put in Treon. I have a lot of confidence in our coaches that they will come up with a great game plan

UGA defense is pretty average and undisciplined. Their team just isn't any good

If we get to Atlanta with Treon, that in no way means he's better than Grier.

That logic is silly.

When Tom Brady went out for the season in the first game of 2098, the Patriots still went 10/6 with a guy that hadn't started a game since he was in High School.

When Tom Brady went out for the season in the first game of 2098,

GREAT SCOTT!

635564879251257284-12th-Broad-Doc-Brown-Japaense-Shirt.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT